• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Disney Art Academy appears on a Nintendo distributor product listing

thefro

http://ec.synnex.com/vendors/NINTENDO_OF_AMERICA.html

sO5fEOZ.png

Synnex is a Nintendo distributor for North America

There's also a retailer listing or two

Presumably this would be a sequel to Art Academy with Disney characters, developed by Headstrong Games

Tregard

Soothsayer
Believe in Trev

Interesting to see Disney and Nintendo getting more cosy as time goes on, I wonder if they are sore about missing the theme park deal. Either way, hopefully they continue to work together in this fashion, maybe we could start to see some more cross-pollination to a better degree than the likes of Epic Mickey 2

Neoxon

I guess Trev's source may be on the money. For reference, here's what Trev said. I have a reason for bolding the 4 games that I did, something that I'll mention after the quote.

My source informed me that it was ok to reveal that they are an Employee that works for Nintendo of America’s Marketing. This is safe to reveal since Nintendo of America is made up of mostly either marketing or corporate positions.

Nintendo as a company is designed in a way that nobody knows the entire picture of what Nintendo is working besides the few people in upper positions, so any leaker that says they have a Nintendo "source" and seems to be saying everything Nintendo fans want to hear should be a dead giveaway as fake. The people in a position to know NX details are not automatically going to know about different games in development (Strong NDA?), developers really are the only ones that know what they are making, and Nintendo marketing only works with a few projects at a time with marketing budgets usually refer to codenames to keep projects secret.

The proof shown to me was an internal US marketing budget and scheduling overview for 2016 focusing on Wii U and 3DS.

Nintendo NX Launch games for 2016 besides Zelda NX and marketing focus remain hidden for now
Wii U $34.5 million marketing budget for 2016 total – Zelda Wii U has $10 million with the possibility of the funding being switched to Zelda NX version depending on launch timing in 2016.
3DS $56.25 million marketing budget for 2016 total

3DS release list 2016:
Spring-Early Summer
Mario and Sonic Rio 2016
Nintendo Selects Wave 1
Hyrule Warriors Legends
Disney Art Academy
Bravely Second
Code Name: “Caviar F” (casual friendly smaller budget game)
Metroid Prime: Federation Force

Summer
Code name: “Torte City” big budget unannounced game for all gamers core/all ages
Dragon Quest VII
Code name: “Cadillac” (casual friendly smaller budget game late summer)

Fall-Holiday
3DS Hardware Price Cut
Code name: “N-Stars” big budget game for all ages
Nintendo Selects Wave 2
Code name: “DMW2” possibly Disney Magical World 2
Dragon Quest VIII
Pokémon 20th Anniversary game “Niji” Japanese translation: “Rainbow”
To be honest, this isn't really that gigantic of a line-up as far as Nintendo output. And if Caviar F is for Rhythm Heaven Plus (another leaker confirmed that Cadillac is for Style Savvy), that would count as a late localization. But at least in the case of Rhythm Heaven Plus, English versions of the vocal songs would have to be recorded if the previous two localized RH games are any indication, but that wouldn't be too far off from Nintendo hiring voice & Broadway actress Rena Strober for the role of Azura for Fire Emblem Fates. From the looks of this, only the bolded games are new games that are from Nintendo themselves that are unique to this year. The rest of this line-up is mostly third parties picking up the slack, late localizations, or both. Not that it's a bad line-up, but rather an indication of Nintendo moving most of their efforts elsewhere. That's just my take on the matter.

Though Pokémon Rainbow does sound interesting. It could indicate that it may be a celebration of every mainline Pokémon game out so far rather than just a sequel to X & Y, but can also serve as a means to tie up the loose ends of Kalos. It would be quite the send-off game for the 3DS as a whole. Plus the price cut does seem to indicate that Nintendo may try to keep the 3DS on store shelves after the NX Handheld drops.

That feeling you get when you realize the Art Academy IP has seen more entries this generation than most Nintendo franchises.

I'm of course kidding around. Kind of :(

Who is Trev.

Disney isn't really my thing, but I absolutely loved Pokemon Art Academy, so I'll expand my horizons a bit assuming this is similar.

Neoxon

Who is Trev.

Disney isn't really my thing, but I absolutely loved Pokemon Art Academy, so I'll expand my horizons a bit assuming this is similar.
Trev recently found a source within NoA's marketing team that leaked him a bunch of information. One of which was the fact that Zelda U would see an NX Platform port, & that there's only one unannounced Wii U game on the way (likely Paper Mario U). Bish is currently verifying Trev's source.

Makonero

Though Pokémon Rainbow does sound interesting. It could indicate that it may be a celebration of every mainline Pokémon game out so far rather than just a sequel to X & Y, but can also serve as a means to tie up the loose ends of Kalos. It would be quite the send-off game for the 3DS as a whole. Plus the price cut does seem to indicate that Nintendo may try to keep the 3DS on store shelves after the NX Handheld drops.

Pokemon Rainbow might be re-remakes of the original games (RBYG)? That would be fitting for the anniversary, hit people's nostalgia buttons, and they've had enough time to make Kanto in 3D. Maybe Kalos will be a postgame area?

Yukinari

I read the title as Disney Magic Artist for some reason and freaked out cause i thought it was coming to 3DS.

Magic Artist Studio is one of my favorite PC games ever as a kid.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Draw a big circle and then two smaller circles at 2 and 10 o'clock.

You can now draw Disney!

Neoxon

Pokemon Rainbow might be re-remakes of the original games (RBYG)? That would be fitting for the anniversary, hit people's nostalgia buttons, and they've had enough time to make Kanto in 3D. Maybe Kalos will be a postgame area?
I wouldn't count on it considering that not only did we get the Kanto games on the Virtual Console, but also the fact that there was a lot of nostalgia bait in X/Y already. Revisiting Kanto again (after the stuff previously mentioned as well as Fire Red/Leaf Green) would be overkill. Not to mention the fact that there are still loose ends for Kalos that need to be tied up before the 3DS gets replaced by the (likely) NX Handheld.

maxcriden

FWIW, Trev's source is also the one who said NX (likely console) is coming this year and that Zelda will be cross-platform.

I guess Trev's source may be on the money. For reference, here's what Trev said. I have a reason for bolding the 4 games that I did, something that I'll mention after the quote.

To be honest, this isn't really that gigantic of a line-up as far as Nintendo output. And if Cadillac & Caviar F are Rhythm Heaven Plus & Style Savvy (you can swap the two respective slots if necessary), then those would just be late localizations. But at least in the case of Rhythm Heaven Plus, English versions of the vocal songs would have to be recorded if the previous two localized RH games are any indication, but that wouldn't be too far off from Nintendo hiring voice & Broadway actress Rena Strober for the role of Azura for Fire Emblem Fates. From the looks of this, only the bolded games are new games that are from Nintendo themselves that are unique to this year. The rest of this line-up is mostly third parties picking up the slack, late localizations, or both. Not that it's a bad line-up, but rather an indication of Nintendo moving most of their efforts elsewhere. That's just my take on the matter.

It's a codename so I would hesitate to read too much into it. As to the bolded games, 3 are not listed as unannounced and 1 is. That one, who knows what the heck it is. The other three, I assume at least two of them are two of the three late localizations of RHTB+, Style Savvy and Picross. Perhaps all 3 but as we said in the NX thread it's hard to picture any of them being called big budget, so maybe that one is unannounced too and just didn't get labeled as such in the list.

Neoxon

FWIW, Trev's source is also the one who said NX (likely console) is coming this year and that Zelda will be cross-platform.

It's a codename so I would hesitate to read too much into it. As to the bolded games, 3 are not listed as unannounced and 1 is. That one, who knows what the heck it is. The other three, I assume at least two of them are two of the three late localizations of RHTB+, Style Savvy and Picross. Perhaps all 3 but as we said in the NX thread it's hard to picture any of them being called big budget, so maybe that one is unannounced too and just didn't get labeled as such in the list.
Or Picross could be a digital-only release & the list pertains to physical launches (which could apply to Rhythm Heaven Plus & Style Savvy).

8bit

Knows the Score
Apropos of nothing, torte is nearly an anagram of retro.

--

Anyway, what could a casual friendly big budget title be?

Neoxon

Cadillac = Picross 3D?
Actually, it's the new Style Savvy game.
Mannnnn reading this thread has been something else hahaha :D

I went through the same as you Trevelyan (but not trying to verify my source) and was laughed for several threads (later redeemed).

In the end I thought it was not worthy so now the little information I get I keep it to myself and enjoy reading all kind of speculation from people here.

My only contribution:

- ShockingAlberto has been wrong before so I don't understand why a "ahahaha" post is taken as gospel (no offense to ShockingAlberto).
- Cadillac is the New Style Boutique game (so you only need to speculate about the other ones).

E3 is around the corner guys, be patient! :)
Given that, Caviar F is probably Rhythm Heaven Plus, while Picross 3D is likely gonna be digital-only. Most of the games that Trev listed seem to be for physical releases (though if Trev could specify if that's the case, it'd be appreciated).

Pokemon Rainbow....is real!?
It's just a codename. Trev said not to read too much into it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Funny how this drops after the NX thread was closed because of that rumor.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Want an iPad Pro version with pencil support as part of Nintendos push into mobile.
I'm really surprised I haven't seen anything like the original art academy for PCs or mobile. It'd be so great on a larger canvas - Wii U is already much nicer than 3DS

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe

That all makes a lot of sense. I'd like to know #FE's and Paper Mario Wii U's names and approximate releases from Trevelyan source too, assuming it's legit and he didn't find out about Disney Art Academy some other way.

Funny that I recently posted that Style Savvy game as being a recent example in the thread about game releases in the EU that never made it to NA and vice versa. Looks like that may not be the case much longer, which is good for those interested.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者

The only thing suspect is that "Disney Art Academy" is the only game actually named. Like if the source of the rumor found that bit leaked on the web, jumped on it, and then added the "mystery code games" that could literally be adapted to anything or "damn it got canceled". Nothing against Trev himself, just questioning the actual source.

DrWong

The only thing suspect is that "Disney Art Academy" is the only game actually named. Like if the source of the rumor found that bit leaked on the web, jumped on it, and then added the "mystery code games" that could literally be adapted to anything or "damn it got canceled". Nothing against Trev himself, just questioning the actual source.
The code games thing was corroborated by another gaffer.

Top Bottom