• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

*Splinter

Like We've said already part of the reasoning for selecting them was due to the fact that they seemed to be working with more information than some others in the thread. They were very vocally against both claims and their weird night action order dealio was strange. I thought it was a toss up of them being town PR or scum but wasn't sure either way (and still remain unsure of their alignment).

We felt they were one of the teams most likely to have a night action helping us verify our claim. That was the second priority of our night action as we knew if we came up empty things looked bleak for me and Blarg, which could possibly lead to another town pr lynch for the second day in a row contingent on how the other claim from day 1 panned out.
I don't buy this at all

Flame_AC

Catching up from today's posts, still keeping my vote on Blarg.

Hey Dusk! I saw you dropped a vote on me while you were going through Day 1, what stuck out to you and what led you to vote for us?

I imagine your vote will change to one of the trackers today, but I would like to know your thoughts as obviously you thought I did something to seem like scum.

Welcome to the game!

Warxard

Banned
[m] Kingkitty & [m] Hyperactivity

-It's neat to look into how these two interact during the discussion once the heat is off of them. After the events of Day 1 and how the two handled the pressure against them once the vote count moved over to ForeverTim, I'm still leaning on the scum side for the two.
2. [m] Karkador & [m] Zippedpinhead

-With Karkador's reveal, it gave me reassurance that my previous feelings on Blargonaut weren't misguided at all. Which is good! However the question remains whether or not Karkhead remains Town or Scum but in honesty, I'm leaning on the former seeing as I can't...really think of a crazy way on how Kark being scum could work out.

3. [m] Timeaisis & [m] FluxWaveZ

-I knew they were bluffing. At the same time I don't think that voting on them now isn't really the best idea, seems like a waste when the subject for the matter revolves around our two trackers. Flux acting against Time is something to note I suppose. Probably Town.

4. [m] LaunchPadMcQ & [m] Gorlak

-Still leaning scum here. Not much gathered from Gorlak, but I'm going to put my accusations on this team being scum based solely on the gut feeling I have on Launch.

5. [m] Blargonaut & [m] Kawl_USC

-Leaning heavily Scum. I knew the reveals early on were bogus, Kark stepping in confirms it I guess. The theory behind Kark revealing himself to put heat on Blarg/Kawl could be possible, too which Is why I'm not so sold on voting the two yet.
6. [m] UltraJay & [m] Boo Boo'n

-Our love is like a Tyler Perry film. Town.

7. [m] Coppanuva & [m] Flame_AC

-No read.
8. [m] *Splinter & [m] Cabot

-Were Launch somehow not scum, these are the two I'm putting the old gut feeling on likely being scum.

9. [m] TL21xx & [m] Camjo-Z NEW

-No read.

10. [m] MagnumBoy20xx & [m] batsnacks

-Nothing.

--

and the remainder teams are nothing either.

I'd like to see Blarg/Kawl get lynched before Flux/Time does, I guess. Were it like a fake claim in the middle of a really stacked voting count, the latter would be my pick.

Gorlak

Banned
My issue with this is the high chance of there being a doctor saving Blawl. In this scenario Karkhead had no idea Blawl targeted them and had to guess that he targeted them. Kark brought up a good point showing the lack of suspicion thrown at Kark from Blawl.

I'm not yet sold on lynching one of them. I just don't feel I have a grasp on the whole thing and have been too lazy to read up on them in detail.

Why would maf try to kill miller N1 though? Even with Tracker powers, that seems like the type of claim you might want to keep alive for a while due to the suspicion it arises. Also, Blarg didn't even say who they tracked, so maf could easily kill them tonight before they can say anything. There's no need to counterclaim. If Kark is maf, he'd just be trading himself for one townie. Is that a trade they'd be willing to make so early in the game?

The problem here is that Kark wouldn't know that Blarg targeted them... unless Kark just so happens to be the scum tracker. It's all just a bit too convenient.

You're killing me, guys. I see the problem with Kark guessing or knowing they were tracked... But why would scum claim Tracker D1? That would be insanely dumb.

unvote

Coppanuva

Coppa, that theory of mine was just that a theory, note that Kark came up with the same shit later. It would be nice if it worked that way, but it's never going to happen.

Fair enough, and I was going to get to him later on. Specifically, I was referring to the whole "Should we let them both live knowing one is a possible scum" part. It seems you've certainly cooled off on that approach. I just find that suggestion to be questionable at best. We'd be talking about letting someone with a confirmed PR live, since no matter which one of Blawl or Karked are telling the truth, we know the other has a PR. That's way worse than just letting a random scum die IMO.

Coppanuva

Fair enough, and I was going to get to him later on. Specifically, I was referring to the whole "Should we let them both live knowing one is a possible scum" part. It seems you've certainly cooled off on that approach. I just find that suggestion to be questionable at best. We'd be talking about letting someone with a confirmed PR live, since no matter which one of Blawl or Karked are telling the truth, we know the other has a PR. That's way worse than just letting a random scum die IMO.

Also since you've cooled on it...

Unvote

for now. Not in a position that I can track down another vote for questions for another few hours. Will pick up with my investigation when I can.

Camjo-Z

Ok, so after thinking about it a bit, I'm inclined to believe Kark, and here’s why.

Blawl claimed Miller. This is a hard claim to not get lynched with, but you have to claim it early or else you’re definitely going to get killed when you’re investigated later on. Since you can’t be cleared by a cop, you have to clear yourself, and how do you do that? By collaborating with a claimed power role. Had they tracked Flux/Time, the results D2 would have been win-win for them no matter what happens:

- Flux visits a dead person - they out this and have it confirmed.
- Flux is not actually cop and visits no one - they out this, now Flux/Time are in the hot seat.
- Flux visits a live person - they publicly ask if you can out this, the rest is on Flux/Time.

(t’s also possible that Flux/Time could have died during the night, but there was so much suspicion of their claim that it would have been a bad idea for maf to waste a kill on someone likely to get lynched anyway.)

They didn’t track Flux/Time though. They tracked someone totally different. Why would they do this when their #1 priority should be getting themselves cleared? Only two possibilities, and both of them lead to Blawl being maf:

-Flux is fellow maf. Why waste your power on someone you can collude with anyway?
-By visiting someone else, you can create reasonable doubt by saying “Well, I visited someone, but I don’t want to out them as they could be a PR!” and survive the day while still getting information for your maf buddies.

Before I switch my vote to Blarg, does anyone see any holes in my reasoning? I think I've got it pretty watertight but I've been wrong before.

cabot

Why would they bring themselves into this position in the first place?

Because if it goes well then they have nullified the cop .

They may have shortened their life span, but they get a couple of tracks to find out PRs before they get lynched.

Camjo-Z

They may have shortened their life span, but they get a couple of tracks to find out PRs before they get lynched.

This, plus claiming Tracker and then going "oh, I'm also Miller" later when you're found to be mafia-aligned is an even worse look than just claiming it upfront.

Blawl said they didn't check FluxTime because they were worried by the possibility that they were a veteran. They thought this because of FluxTime's insistence that a doctor not protect them. Their other point of reasoning that Kark was the most suspicious of the possibility of a Miller/Tracker even existing.

Frankly, I'm not buying that Blawl are scum. Everything they have said has made sense, and the gut feeling I get when I read their posts are townie reads. I don't see any advantage to claiming Miller while being scum as the only result of that would be a net increase in suspicion and likelihood of being lynched than just playing things low key.

Yeah, and if they hadn't shortened their lifespan with a Miller claim, than they would get even more chances to find power roles.

cabot

Yeah, and if they hadn't shortened their lifespan with a Miller claim, than they would get even more chances to find power roles.

Anyone who's played with blarg and had an investigative role would consider targeting him early on .

In two other GAFia games, millers have come out . I was night killed very close to the end, and Burb was night killed because he had another power.

For a personality like blarg, I think this was a bold play to null the potential cop, who would probably check him early since his posts are mini Rubik's cubes, and it's in our best interests to find out if it's worth the effort to read them early.

They didn't expect there to be two trackers. I've already said blawl coasted yesterday after the claim. I'm not convinced by Kawls reason for choosing Kark.

I know which side I'll vote for.

Anyone who's played with blarg and had an investigative role would consider targeting him early on .

In two other GAFia games, millers have come out . I was night killed very close to the end, and Burb was night killed because he had another power.

For a personality like blarg, I think this was a bold play to null the potential cop, who would probably check him early since his posts are mini Rubik's cubes, and it's in our best interests to find out if it's worth the effort to read them early.

They didn't expect there to be two trackers. I've already said blawl coasted yesterday after the claim. I'm not convinced by Kawls reason for choosing Kark.

Burb wasn't killed because of that. Burb was killed because we targeted Crab, to switch to Blarg, who himself had been switched with Burb

Just clearing that up

kingkitty

hot reads:

boojay - Gives off way too much self-loathin vibe. First Boo says early in Day 1 that he's being a "coaster" which isn't "very pro-town". Later in Day 1 Boo says some of his posts were "shitty/uncontributive". Ultrajay self-votes and apparently waves a flag of defeat. Such an air of defeatism could be scum going for a "gosh darn im a frustrated townie" vibe. Maybe enough to ward off votes. It does give me hesitation (would be a bummer to vote for a townie that simply self-destructed prematurely), but I would still be okay to see the pair get mauled alive for the blood boss. Boo took an easy scummish path of simply sheeping a few of CzarTim's opinions, which CzarTim himself pointed out as odd. If they are indeed scum, they could also have some type of power that activates upon death, or maybe an override ability, which might explain why they're more quick to wave surrender. I lean scum for now.

Karkazipped v Klarg- I'm on team Karkazipped for now. If a bold scum tracker wanted to get out ahead, then claiming as a miller could be a way. But even then, it's a pretty dicey move, hence why it's called a "bold play". 1) there could be good movement to kill off a miller 2) you might get another tracker that counterclaims..which seems to be the case here. I'm still going off the idea that we wouldn't get two town trackers...seems a bit too unfair for scum? and supposedly this is a pretty normalish game based on the crab scale.

Fluxtime - non-helpful moves on Day 1. But if Klarg flips scum, it'll be hard for me to think that in additional to Klarg's bold scum, we get another bold scum move on the same day by Fluxtime. And while I can see some logic(ish) to Klarg's claim, especially in regards to miller...I see a lot more pointlessness in Fluxtime's move if they happen to be scum, especially now with the backtrack. That's not to say I'm never going consider Fluxtime a scum pair just because Klarg flips scum, but for now I lean town on Fluxtime.

Cabster - They're talky fuckers. Enjoy poking and prodding, and keeping the convo flowing. They seem pretty helpful, but of course nothing here is something scum wouldn't be able to pull off either. Not really taking much note for their reaction against Klarg, since if they + Klarg are on the same scum team, the fact this counterclaim came out early in Day 2 gives enough time for scum to cut their loses and properly buss. But for now, I lean nullish with a chance of town.

Camjo and partner - Cam goes pretty hard on Flux starting from Day 1. Hard to think they're on the same scum team. Seems to have a strong grasp on how the game is played. He is picking up the slack for his partner, who comparatively is just gliding. And whose last post was to simply sheep his partner's vote. However, this gliding could be due to real life, which seems to be a recurring issue if we go by how many dropouts we've been having. For now I lean null.

i'll try to cook a new dish of hot reads tomorrow

Ty4on

Am I the only one who wants Flux' thoughts on yesterday's lynch? He pretty much single handedly lead the lynch, but hasn't said much today about it despite me asking.

sIiIEwn.gif

I've been lurking while preparing my next defense mega-post against Kark's allegations against us, but I saw this again and just had to respond:

This. This past play-history = #scumtell bullshit again. It was rampant in D1 and it still persists D2. When there is no evidence for my alleged anti-Townness in THIS game, this is what you resort to to hammer me. There is seriously no escape from myself.

I want to address this in finality: if you want to conveniently use my A-list celebrity status against me and say that my Miller-ness in THIS game is some kind of gambit by me to preempt that, then I honestly don't know how to defend myself against that beyond saying no, it isn't. In every game I've ever been in, I have personally never taken into consideration the actions of players in prior matches I've been in with them, beyond a brief acknowledgement of prior meeting like Ryu used to fistbump Ken. I have fought with my own honour, not with dirt from my opponents' footsteps; I may refer to people's past actions in my jokes and references, but I never actively use them as #scumtell ammunition against others. But no one will ever believe me when I say that, because I've been typecast into the Steve Buscemi 'always the crazy guy' of GAFIA.

I've been here since S2 and I'm still trapped in a brig on Tatooine. I never left Cthulhu Island, I'm still in the queue for NX, I'm still applauding with one hand in the Hogwarts Great Hall and DESTINY IS STILL DESTINY.

I got a power-enhanced Miller role in my lap right now, I saw it and wanted to try and play a Season game relatively by-the-book for once and I have thus far, but no. I will never have my Boardwalk Empire with this cast as my support. There is legitimately nothing I can say in my defense to this kind of metagaming, except no.

But me of all people denying anything is a #scumtell in your eyes, right? Because fuck me. Fuck Blargonaut.

Thank you for this role, Burb Potion-master Snape.

Thank you.

You're the host now, don't even respond to me

They didn't expect there to be two trackers.

Yes, we didn't expect there to be 2 Trackers. We weren't expecting anything regarding OTHER people's power roles, honestly, because we weren't thinking about them at the time. We were thinking about ourselves. All we were expecting, all we were concerned about at the beginning was with the understandably inevitable and eternal backlash we were about to be struck with after our imminent debut as Millers at that time, and how we would handle that uphill battle of creeping suspicion while executing our Tracker power in the Days and Nights to come.

When Kawl and I were readying ourselves pre-game for our debut after learning what our role was, we didn't take into consideration anything about overall role type balance in this game before we dropped our claim D1. We were concerned with only ourselves and what light poison we had been given to serve on our platter. Personal execution for Town's sake, not game theory. Besides setting up our Team Rocket roleplay, the fact that we were power-role-enhanced Millers and thus had to come up with a plan to come out with that, was what dominated our pre-game discussion.

We weren't thinking about 2 Trackers because we weren't even considering game balance with other possible roles at the time.

I've already said blawl coasted yesterday after the claim. I'm not convinced by Kawls reason for choosing Kark.

And as long as you continue to use my past against me, I'll never respect your vote no matter whether you support me with it or not.

Karkador

Banned
I agree with your assertion that bringing up past games is lame, and I'm trying to curb it in myself and others.

Besides that, your emotional appeal reads like a resignation. I'm not exactly impressed that you go quiet for most of the day, just to deliver little more than a story of What It's Like To Be Blargonaut. I understand if you're busy most of the day, but this is kind of your day to be active.

Now, look - is it possible that two Town-aligned Trackers exist in the game? Unlikely and terrible, but ultimately "yes". But judgments about the game aside, the very certain fact is that we're in a predicament that's going to be resolved in one of two ways. It just so happens that you took a very compromising first step.

Camjo-Z

He is picking up the slack for his partner, who comparatively is just gliding. And whose last post was to simply sheep his partner's vote. However, this gliding could be due to real life, which seems to be a recurring issue if we go by how many dropouts we've been having.

I'm pretty sure that's why, he mentioned in our chat that he'd be a bit inactive some days due to other commitments. That said, we generally seem to agree on things, so I assume that his sheep posts are mainly done because he'd just be repeating me otherwise.

Also, the posts since my last one have not convinced me that Blawl is to be trusted over Kark. I don't buy the idea that they thought Flux was a veteran, only a truly shitty vet would claim a role that actively encourages doc to save him. Even if they said "doc don't visit me", how would the doc know that they're not just trying to WIFOM the mafia? It doesn't add up. So, I'm switching my vote.

VOTE: Blargonaut

Hey blarg

If you don't wwant this to happen, don't do stupid things like claiming day 1

Because it's stupid

And it's about time we punish people who make stupid decisions that hold players hostage because someone made astupid decision and now everyone has to live with it

I'm totally indifferent to your emotional pleas, which is about the only argument you're really making

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Blargonaut & Kawl_USC (8)
Karkador .1889
Zippedpinhead .1892
Flame_AC .1893
Hyperactivity .1895
*Splinter .1919
batsnacks .1930
Timeaisis .2009
Camjo-Z .2086

Hobohodo & Ty4on (2)
FluxWaveZ .1920
cabot .2028

FluxWaveZ & Timeaisis (2)
Gorlak .1699 .2040
Camjo-Z .1846 .2086
Coppanuva .1903 .1990
Blargonaut .1911
TL21xx .2042

*Splinter & cabot (1)
LaunchpadMcQ .1764

Coppanuva & Flame_AC (1)
Dusk Soldier .1992

Gorlak & LaunchpadMcQ (1)
Giant Panda .1637 .1640
Giant Panda .1640
UltraJay .1688 .1695
Coppanuva .1994 .2061

El Topo & Giant Panda (0)
cabot .1625 .1663
cabot .1941 .2028

batsnacks & MagnumBoy20xx (0)
Flame_AC .1745 .1893

Karkador & Zippedpinhead (0)
Gorlak .2044 .2057

Hyperactivity & kingkitty (0)
cabot .1670 .1941

No active vote for Day 2:
Boo Boo'n
Coppanuva (has previously voted)
El Topo
Gorlak (has previously voted)
Hobohodo
Karu
Kawl_USC
kingkitty
Kyanrute
MagnumBoy20xx
Retroid
Ty4on
UltraJay (has previously voted)

Day 2 ends:
red_1456423200.png

15 votes for majority

Flame_AC

Sorry for not being as active today, my best days to play are the weekend so I'm very limited during the week. I am keeping up though.

Unfortunately, it seems conversation has ground to a halt and a lot of people have settled in to ride the Blarg wave. People who are coasting by or not here at all or my top people to look into on Day 3.

TL21xx

Banned
I'm pretty sure that's why, he mentioned in our chat that he'd be a bit inactive some days due to other commitments. That said, we generally seem to agree on things, so I assume that his sheep posts are mainly done because he'd just be repeating me otherwise.

Pretty much. The game has been really hot when I've been unavailable, and the past few times I've sat down to try to get my thoughts out, I've basically found myself in agreement with my partner here and really don't need to reiterate.

I am gonna go ahead and switch my vote as I said earlier.

Vote: Blargonaut

This is for two reasons. Firstly it's because of the risky play of not checking Fluxasis, which is the obvious thing to do if you have already put your neck on the line and want to confirm their role. But secondly, it's because of how fluffy his defense is. Sure, it's frustrating to get meta-gamed like that, but the fact of the matter is that even within the established game meta, to not follow up a bold claim with a common sense action to solidify yourself as town really makes it hard to want to keep you around.

I'm still wary of you Flux, don't you forget that. And you too El Panda.

cabot

Hey blarg

If you don't wwant this to happen, don't do stupid things like claiming day 1

Because it's stupid

And it's about time we punish people who make stupid decisions that hold players hostage because someone made astupid decision and now everyone has to live with it

I'm totally indifferent to your emotional pleas, which is about the only argument you're really making

Do you believe he could be scum or not?

Punishing bad play with a lynch is in itself bad play.

As for what Blarg said, well I don't much care for your respect of my vote. If you indeed are a Miller, then you knew this was a possibility on the cards. Not considering other PRs seems to be foolish, and caring for only yourself is foolish in a team game.

You didn't perhaps consider in a game with a tracker there could be sleepwalkers to distort your ability.

If so, wouldn't your Miller appear especially damning?

Why would this not be considered before game launch?

cabot

Also while the meta stuff is my attempt at a reason behind your claim of Miller, it's not the reason why I'd vote on you first.

I would vote a Miller player before the normal player because you should eradicate the uncertainty it provides.

cabot

Everyone else and their mother may be willing to make sweeping assumptions about burb's game design, I am not. Nothing that Kark has said has explicitly conflicted with our role PM.

I have a problem with this as well, you guys have been cagey about your role, until the pressure started building up.

Kark came out with a lot more very quickly, and this post from Kawl I assume points to the fact that your tracker ability is also X-shot.

Why wouldn't you mention that up front with the claim? I'm pretty sure you would have lasted longer if you said it was X-shot, people would probably have let you live until you ran out of attempts.

I don't see an openness here to discuss things.

cabot

I'll try searching for that quote Splinter is too lazy to find.

If anyone knows of it and can quote, that would be welcome.

Hyper, can you tell me why a Miller claiming straight off is bad play?

There's two ways to go about a Miller, claim in D1 (the sooner the better) or dont claim and hope you don't get caught by a cop.

*Splinter

Don't do their work for them.
Blawl please confirm, X-shot or unlimited?

This day feels far too easy for everyone involved.

We have two matching claims with one being inherently more suspicious. It's unfortunate, but yes that's almost as easy as it gets.

Top Bottom