• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Magazine News for 2/2/10 -- The Check Bounces

mello

Glass Soldier said:
Could be, the last employee count is from September 2007 (150, unquoted though) so they might have hired more people. It's really nice to see at least one dev with a nice and firm place in the industry.

Company website states they currently employ 210 staff. Quite the jump.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
duckroll said:

Nice. That's quite e few and explains their recent announcements. Thanks.

Spiegel said:
Yeah, Ushiro and Inazuma Eleven Break were put on hold last year.

Damn, was really looking forward to Ushiro. Did they say why it was put on hold?

Also, does someone know what Inazuma Eleven Break is/was supposed to be? I heard rumors of it being the first IE for the Wii because of the "leaked" screenshots.

Paracelsus

Tales of: Can't say anything right now, but it'll surprise you (something unexpected)

- Once again 360-only at launch
- Mothership entry on PSP

Make your pick, no other way a Tales announcement would be considered unexpected.

Akainu

Paracelsus said:
- Spin-off/port entry on PSP

Make your pick, no other way a Tales announcement would be considered unexpected.
Fixed.

Is the check bouncing in reference to lack of wii games or news in general?

Notorious_Roy said:
What is Majin? I saw the scan it looks interesting.

Looks like an action-adventure by Game Republic where you steer a thief (?) and some kind of pet monster I guess. Here's the Trailer.

Hero of Legend said:
Wow damn! Ivy The Kiwi is actually retail on both Wii and DS! Coming out on April 22nd and will be 3,990 Yen on both platforms:

http://gmstar.com/yoyakulist.html#WII
http://gmstar.com/yoyakulist.html#DS

Awesome, I'm really interested in what they have planned, I obviously thought these wuld be downloads and be mere Windows Phone ports, but surely it's more than that to warrant a retail release even on Wii!

Oh Naka you so crazy. :lol

I don't think Prope could have disappointed me more. Windows Mobile ports to consoles? How low can you go :lol Gonna have to sell back that Ferrari Naka!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Mandoric said:
Oh, and there's a DS remake of one of the River City Ransom sports spinoffs. Pity -that- franchise has been raped to death.

The last three US Kunio releases were Super Dodge Ball Brawlers, which was awful, River City Ransom EX, which was okay, and Super Dodge Ball Advance, which was awesome.
Excluding the Dodgeball release on Xbox Indies for obvious reasons[/spoilers]

Tentatively I could be down for a Crash n the Boys DS remake if it made it over here.

Paracelsus said:

I'd say there's a good chance it could be this. Graces hasn't sold too well on Wii considering the installed base so maybe they want to capitalise on the success of the PSP in Japan?

Terada: Not enough appeal for Super Robot wars Neo and academy, expect new game announcement.

How about a new game with 2D HD assets on the PS3? It's not like the SRW fanbase hasn't asked for it or anything...

distantmantra said:
How about a new game with 2D HD assets on the PS3? It's not like the SRW fanbase hasn't asked for it or anything...

Wouldn't that be prohibitively expensive? I think more handheld SRWs would be the better option, really.

GWX

SecretBonusPoint said:
How low can you go :lol

Damn, I'm with that song in my head right now. :/

But yeah, Naka, you could do better. Even if the game itself looks kinda interesting...

Dascu said:
This isn't supposed to be that mascot game Prope's working on, is it?

I remember him saying he was making a Sonic-like action game, I think he was trying to pitch it or something as he said later. I guess Sega wasn't too keen on it or didn't want another Sonic-like character from Naka?

So I guess BN took it in, weird.

Ivy's not really what I call Sonic-like, Canvas Course-like, most certainly. The only thing resembling Sonic is that it's a 2D side-scroller of sorts.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
A somewhat more complete report on the Ueda interview.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/02/03/fumito_ueda_on_last_guardian/

Famitsu asked Ueda if, as with past games, he's working on the story board and such artistic areas of the game himself. The answer is yes. However, the amount of work has decreased compared to ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. One of the reasons for this is due to an increase in capable staff who can be left to handle the work to a degree. Additionally, with the advance to PS3 level, there are many areas of expression that can be handled by the hardware. An example of this is that darn physics engine again (every Last Guardian interview seems to mention this). The physics engine actually ties in well with the game's realistic direction, said Ueda.

Ueda closed off his interview with a brief statement about release time frame. "We're at the stage where we're looking into the time frame. Once the time frame has been decided upon, it won't be long until release. With Last Guardian, we're working intently with the aim of making a game that offers a kind of fun that cannot be experienced elsewhere, so I'd like everyone to wait just a bit more."

Hmmm. On the one hand this comment might suggest it's not THAT far off, but on the other, talking about it not being decided if they'll show more at E3 or TGS...that makes me worry a bit that it'll be a '11 title :|

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
RPGManiac said:
A DQVII Wiimake would be awesome

I feel like I'm the only one pushing for a DQVII DSmake.

I don't know, I feel like I could more easily tackle its gargantuan 100 hours while on the move and with a soft save.

Empty

gofreak said:
A somewhat more complete report on the Ueda interview.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/02/03/fumito_ueda_on_last_guardian/

Hmmm. On the one hand this comment might suggest it's not THAT far off, but on the other, talking about it not being decided if they'll show more at E3 or TGS...that makes me worry a bit that it'll be a '11 title :|

Yeah, this doesn't make me confident.

Once again, Ueda managed to do an interview without getting into the details of how Guardian will play. Asked about the game content, he simply said that he can't say too much at present, but that he'd like to share additional information this year. They've yet to decide on whether this information will come at E3 or at the Tokyo Game Show.

Sounds like an it's out when it is finished affair which makes it very hard to pin down, especially it's not like it is going to be at the center of Sony's fall lineup or anything, so i could easily see it being Q1-Q2 2011. :(

Mandoric

Banned
Pureauthor said:
Wouldn't that be prohibitively expensive? I think more handheld SRWs would be the better option, really.

Sunk cost for the next couple gens. (Still doesn't make it any easier to budget initially.)

Aru

Akainu said:
Fixed.

Is the check bouncing in reference to lack of wii games or news in general?

Not much more easy porting Tales Of games left to port on PSP.
All main 2D Tales games except Destiny have been ported to it, minus the DS exclusive games.

They could be porting Legendia, Symphonia or Abyss but I highly doubt it :p

So if it's on PSP, it's a mothership entry and/or a spin-off (port or original).

Rpgmonkey

I hope one of your unannounced games is a new SaGa game SE...

:(

Paracelsus said:

Next Tales has online functionality, beyond just DLC or whatever other simple things they do (not another MMO though)? Next game starts out as multiplatform instead of jumping to other platforms later on (is that unexpected?)?

In addition to the possibility of a mothership on PSP.

Edit: Hmm, maybe one of the games to be another take on the spinoff series?

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/02/02/is-namco-bandai-making-another-tales-narikiri-dungeon-game/

Shouta

Pureauthor said:

Considering how little money they've used for the last two SRW games, I think they could afford it. Neo isn't bad but it's kind of kiddy (though I love most of the series in it) and it's kind of easy. Plus it's kind of cheaply done using 3D and all. Academy was just a recycling of everything they've ever done on the GBA/DS in a Yugioh format.

neo2046

love plus plus (for DS?)
Enterbrain carelessly leaks next week's Famitsu cover :lol

cover1105.jpg

large size http://item.slide.com/r/1/203/i/9J9QflnA2j_6OS4UsqQl_inCNaJABXw0/

it's fun to see a game by Yuji Naka which could have been on DSware/Wiiware will be released as retail and a game which was by Yuji Naka and could have been release as retail will be release on DD...

Dascu

B.K.

dza2vs.jpg

・ Heavy Rain (PS3) - 10, 9, 8, 10

・ MAG (PS3) - 8, 8, 8, 8

・ Dante's Inferno (PS3/Xbox 360) - 8, 8, 8, 8

・ Bio Hazard 5 Alternative Edition (PS3) - 10, 9, 9, 9

Look at all them Wii games. Madworld, Spectrobes, and Reginleiv. :lol

We appear to be in a gaming lull for all platforms. I wonder when new stuff (already knew about BB:CS) will get announced?

Top Bottom