• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Gouken

Banned
i got into a major car accident that totalled my car which renders every game i'll buy for many months unexciting :( ....but believe me when i say this, i'm trying my best to enjoy them, and most of all i'm glad i'm still alive!

2010-02-09193851.jpg

sn0zc0r3

Neo Member
randomlyrossy said:
Nah cause it's the red ring MS will still repair it for free, it got picked up earlier today.

Doubt I'd ever try and fix it myself, I'd probably rather pay for a repair in that case. Don't have the money to be buying a replacement if something were to go wrong.

Hoping for a quick turnaround. A friend of mine who sent his in not too long ago got it back in 9 days.

Reeeeeeeally need to finish Mass Effect 2, I was mere hours from the end!
Awesome. Warranty's are a pretty sweet deal.

It's actually super super easy and costs a lot less than an out-of-warranty repair but I understand how some people would be nervous dicking around the inside of hardware. The repair would cost a lot less than buying a whole new 360 in the case that you mess up the repair yourself.

Man, I'm trying to hold off getting ME2 and finishing up a big ol backlog but all this talk from people is whittling down my defenses. BALLS.

Just got all 3 from a dude at work for $50.

The one in the center is our fail of a hockey team here in Jackson, MS. They got shut down in 2003 :( :( :( R.I.P Bandits

210e98a9.jpg

Majine

Banned
Gouken said:
i got into a major car accident that totalled my car which renders every game i'll buy for many months unexciting :( ....but believe me when i say this, i'm trying my best to enjoy them, and most of all i'm glad i'm still alive!

2010-02-09193851.jpg
Wow. This must've had a massive effect on your life. Was it because of the snow, by the way? A White night can result in these things ;/ But don't look at the darkside. There's always a last hope.

Majine said:
Wow. This must've had a massive effect on your life. Was it because of the snow, by the way? A White night can result in these things ;/ But don't look at the darkside. There's always a last hope.

I see what you did there!

:lol :lol :lol

Gouken said:

2010-02-09193851.jpg
Your fault or someone elses I got in and accident in august car totalled only now getting everything straight and it wasn't my fault.

Gouken said:

Good to hear you're all right. I thought I was going to die on the way home from getting Bioshock 2 because it managed to come a blizzard while I was gone. It sucked, what is usually a 10 minute drive back was more like 30 minutes. I practically slid the whole way back. :lol

I laugh about it now but I wasn't last night. JORDAN THOMAS YOUR GAME BETTER BE AMAZING

pahamrick

outsidah said:
Nice find. Seems to be out of print.
Patrick Roy said:
Thanks for the pics pahamrick; great pickup. I may have to get myself a copy, if I can find one.

Thanks. I came across it in a thrift store of all places. A little bit of damage to the back and no dust jacket (If it even had one to begin with) but the inside was pristine. Couldn't pass it up.

Gouken said:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/mplayer74/2010-02-09193851.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

wow, you ok or injured?
well, at least you have some awesome games to get over the shock

Gouken

Banned
Majine said:

you seriously made my day and put a smile on my face after reading that smart reply! :)

it was just a damp road and my tires were on the verge of wearing out, so i spun out of control like mad :(

likely i'm fully insured, but still i still have to pay a lot from my own pocket since the car value depreciated and i caused public damage to a fence and shit, which i had to pay close to $1000 to repair :(

I heartily approve of both of these. I haven't seen BSS in a couple of years and I'm looking forward to seeing them on the island again. They usually pull out all the stops for the hometown shows, so I'm hoping they get all the girls onstage. Also, well...Pavement!

Which pressing of Loveless is that? I'm pretty certain that one came out in the late 90s that was all messed up....something about "improperly compressed drums". I'm not a musician so I don't know the details but I remember it being worth a few bucks more. Either way "When you sleep" is definitely in my top 20 songs, and the album is in my top 10.

WEGGLES said:

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Majine said:
Majine said:
I couldn't incorporate TvsC ;(
"Wow. This must've had a massive effect on your life. Was it because of the snow, by the way? A White night can result in these things ;/ But don't look at the darkside. There's always a last hope. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom."

There you go.

Risible

Jive Turkey said:
"Wow. This must've had a massive effect on your life. Was it because of the snow, by the way? A White night can result in these things ;/ But don't look at the darkside. There's always a last hope. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom."

There you go.

Ok, I literally LOLed.

Lemmy Caution said:
You're just not listening to it loud enough. Put on some good headphones, crank it and let it wash over you...

When your brain starts tingling you'll know it works...
why not just listen to brian eno then?
WEGGLES said:
Well it's music, so I doubt a picture of a record will change anything for you :p
I've heard loveless I just didn't get it I'm a person of the mind that music sometimes fit time or place in your life. Coming out of my punk phase to the "I heard radiohead and it blew my mind" phase. When Loveless started making the circle of friends, I was in the saddle creek records "folk" revival and Modest Mouse Built to Spill stuff. Is loveless just heard to get into or are their more accessible shoegaze albums? Mind you I hate Sonic Youth.

glaurung

February has been awesome so far. And starting next week I will be on vacation so I can start playing all those new games.

But some other loot for now:

My newest rodent, the Razer Mamba. I love it already, the DPI is crazy and the packaging was batshit insane.

feblewt03.jpg

Alan Moore's From Hell graphic novel. A good read, but now I wish I had gone with the hardcover (the paperback feels iffy).

feblewt02.jpg

And the Metal Gear Solid 4 artbook. This is a rather phenomenal piece of material, with massive illustrations for all characters, concept drawings of what the BB unit could have looked like and so much more. Obviously heavy spoilers for anyone who hasn't finished the game so far.

feblewt01.jpg

Also got the following PS3 games in the mail: Bioshock 2, Sturmovik, Star Ocean, NFS Shift. Picked up Castlevania Curse of Darkness for the PS2 as a rarity find in the local game store.

pahamrick

Jive Turkey said:
There you go.

Oh oh. Can I try?

Majine said:
Wow. This must've had a massive effect on your life. Was it because of the snow, by the way? A White night can result in these things ;/ But don't look at the darkside. Just sit back, heal up -- and before long you'll be one of those Ultimate All-Stars

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Awesome art style on that poster, I listened to them a long time ago, haven't heard anything they recently put out. Surprised there is not tons of Bioshock 2 posts..

goMaki said:
Just got back from the Splicers Unite / GameStop Midnight Release Party for BioShock 2. I got some really cool stuff and a special surprise from 2K! All the Developers that attended signed out copies, so they kindly signed my CE! I am so HAPPY! I was the last one to get their copy ( held out for a lone CE since I pre-ordered at a different GameStop; Manager was kind enough to let me purchase the last one available ) signed, so I believe they took more time in talking with me and signing it. <3 So ecstatic! :D

4342585631_dacc7a5613_b.jpg

Signed CE:
4343322182_9a7f290136_b.jpg

Sorry for the crap quality! I know my camera sucks. I haven't actually opened the game yet, so maybe inside content pics later. For now, sleep. It was all worth it...

God I hate you!!! lol, actually I'm just toooo jelous; and I know quoting pics is taboo, but F it; those beauties need to be seen again and again. Nice job!

here's some of my swag. Not nearly as awesome as yours though.

IMG_0429.jpg
IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

bioshocka.jpg

goMaki said:
I thought to share some of my BioShock 2 event/Launch Party pickups. The figures were not from there, but I still picked them up recently.

Everything:
4340796073_422368a566_o.jpg

O.O.L. Wanted poster they were handing out:
4340773245_2af1403c22_o.jpg

They were giving out shots of Cherry Vodka, Red Bull and Cranberry juice in plastic syringes. The nice "Officer" gave us both a card scattered around the missing body:
4340773187_bc5c565637_o.jpg

The two Splicer masks they so generously gave out to us after the I.O.O.P event concluded:
4340773155_6157828c76_o.jpg

Can't wait for the Splicers Unite! event tonight. I'm hoping for more swag. :D
Did I forget to mention how much I hate you! lol.

red shoe paul said:
Awesome art style on that poster, I listened to them a long time ago, haven't heard anything they recently put out. Surprised there is not tons of Bioshock 2 posts..
That poster is hellua cool. I was wondering the same thing I wonder if the fact that Bioshock 2 is not reviewing as well as people were hoping is effecting that. Not to say a B isn't good I'm just saying compared to Mass Effect 2.

goMaki

MortalMonkey said:
Did I forget to mention how much I hate you! lol.
I was very lucky to have both events very close to home! Your stuff rocks, too! My local GS where I pre-ordered my first copy is supposed to be giving me some of the stuff like you have ( posters, box ). I'm at least hoping for that midnight release poster. That just looks awesome.

WEGGLES

PalaceBrother said:
I heartily approve of both of these. I haven't seen BSS in a couple of years and I'm looking forward to seeing them on the island again. They usually pull out all the stops for the hometown shows, so I'm hoping they get all the girls onstage. Also, well...Pavement!

Which pressing of Loveless is that? I'm pretty certain that one came out in the late 90s that was all messed up....something about "improperly compressed drums". I'm not a musician so I don't know the details but I remember it being worth a few bucks more. Either way "When you sleep" is definitely in my top 20 songs, and the album is in my top 10.
I'm quite sure it's the newer pressing then, it sounds excellent.

I'm most pumped for Pavement, but BSS I've heard amazing things about live. AAA can't wait. And there's more acts TBA. Maybe DMST?

practice02 said:
why not just listen to brian eno then?

I've heard loveless I just didn't get it I'm a person of the mind that music sometimes fit time or place in your life. Coming out of my punk phase to the "I heard radiohead and it blew my mind" phase. When Loveless started making the circle of friends, I was in the saddle creek records "folk" revival and Modest Mouse Built to Spill stuff. Is loveless just heard to get into or are their more accessible shoegaze albums?
Well. Not everyone will like everything. It takes a bit to get into. But if you've listened to it a bunch and aren't feeling anything maybe it's not for you?

Mind you I hate Sonic Youth.

Or maybe you have bad tastes in music >:[

Proc

Loveless is amazing.

Currently trying to arrange a posse to go down to the island for what sounds like an awesome show.

God damn at bomberman.

PEZIX

Banned
First it was mirandas booty, now its dantes demons boobies lol
4344911438_72fb04766d_b.jpg

Some new kicks
4344175291_6cb951fe5c_b.jpg

Sorry for the celly pics my camera is telling me its not compatible with the battery it came with :lol

Dizzle24

Picked up Bioshock2 and Dante's Inferno today; increasing my backlog by 2 games :lol I also bought a Droid Eris last week when I got my tax refund :D
hsq73s.jpg

brokenwatch said:
New TV: Panasonic TC-P65S1
newtvt.jpg

New remote: Harmony One
harmonyone.jpg

Really happy with both purchases. Sorry for the crappy blackberry photos.

I love my Harmony One but I'm just hoping the buttons don't start to fail after a year like my other Harmony remotes did.

NoName#1

Neo Member
Here are my pickups so far:
Game
Feb1.jpg

and some musics:
Feb2.jpg

I also have a download code for Sufjan Steven's BQE that I don't need since I have the vinyl and CD.
First person who wants it and quotes this gets it. *Gone*

Top Bottom