• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT| Empire State of Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Or your fancy flame turret setting the whole team on fire <3

image.php

MicSte79

Neo Member
Maybe it depends on the zone. I usually meet a lot of people in DZ1, because it's easy there to grind even though it's slow on higher levels. Much less in DZ2 (haven't tried the others, because my character is too weak).
Good point - I was in the more difficult DZ. lots of good loot there!

knitoe

I love the M1A, but it doesn't have that sniper rifle 'feel' because of its high rpm.

I know it's pretty efficient, but somehow I still prefer the bolt action one(s).
I feel the same way. With a custom M44, i was seeing highest dam in the 298K range. The high rpm markman rifle were no where close to that.

Challenge mode is no joke. Gotta use everything at your disposal unless if you got your stuff before the nerf. Pretty silly that the boss drops blues.

J-Rzez

I love the M1A, but it doesn't have that sniper rifle 'feel' because of its high rpm.

I know it's pretty efficient, but somehow I still prefer the bolt action one(s).

I have a modified M44 which allowed me to throw a mag and grip on it compared to the hunting M44 I had which only had two slots. Those mods made a significant difference. The gun handles great, barely moves and hits significantly harder. Many times in the game you can't just plink away and need to take a shot or two then cover up or relocate. Thus I think having the shots hit harder matters more. Plus I got +headshot damage and +dmg beyond 40m on the one that just dropped today. :)

I still have yet to see a exotic DMR.

valkyre

Disclaimer: I love this game.

Complaint: I am really starting to be bothered from the AI's complete lack of sense regarding their "well being". Enemies just rush to your location like they dont give a shit about their "lives". Its cheap design in order to challenge the player imo. They look like a bunch of idiots being controlled by a hive mind or something...

I wish the game didnt have to resort to this crap to make it challenging...

faer0n

Yesterday I got my first purple Drop at lvl27/28 from a named yellow while free Roaming the pve area. A glorious Holster with all 3 stats.

Should I wait at 29 and Farm the dz to "max" out my current Gear or just go for 30? And then? Hard missions for the loot/PC?

deoee

Disclaimer: I love this game.

Complaint: I am really starting to be bothered from the AI's complete lack of sense regarding their "well being". Enemies just rush to your location like they dont give a shit about their "lives". Its cheap design in order to challenge the player imo. They look like a bunch of idiots being controlled by a hive mind or something...

I wish the game didnt have to resort to this crap to make it challenging...

Not really.

They all have different classes with different behaviour.
Only the rioters seem kinda headless about their approach if you move up to Rikers and LMB every enemy does "his" thing.

Granadier

Yeah, the AI is actually surprisingly competent. If they have the upper hand numbers wise they will push up hard. If there's only one or two they will hang back and hide behind cover.

Impulsor

66k I think. It's the one from The Grindhouse that's in stock today. Does work.

Had it in the beta and it was ehhh. Liberator was far superior. Things may have changed now though.
How so?

For the mean time it will have to do while I get more Phoenix credits.

Not really.

Only the rioters seem kinda headless about their approach if you move up to Rikers and LMB every enemy does "his" thing.

I believe Valkyre was referring to the AI's complete lack of flinch upon taking damage, which I too find super annoying, You could shotgun or snipe an AI (any faction) in the face and they will just stand there shooting at you like nothing happened. Totally takes away from the immersion.

I do like how different faction AI behave differently though.

TsuWave

i said the same to my friends and they nearly kicked me out the party chat for saying bolt action > semi auto snipers lmao

valkyre

Not really.

I dont think its just rioters. I think anyone that holds a damn shotgun, rushes (eventually) to your location like an idiot. In any case it happens way too often, thats why its so noticeable to me at least.

I believe Valkyre was referring to the AI's complete lack of flinch upon taking damage, which I too find super annoying, You could shotgun or snipe an AI (any faction) in the face and they will just stand there shooting at you like nothing happened. Totally takes away from the immersion.

This thing too as well. Although this stands for specific enemies, not all of them, but yeah it looks silly.

Granadier

How so?

For the mean time it will have to do while I get more Phoenix credits.

I mean, it wasn't terrible. But compared to the Liberator's 850rpm it was pretty lackluster.

I dont think its just rioters. I think anyone that holds a damn shotgun, rushes (eventually) to your location like an idiot.

Almost like they are of the "rusher" enemy type. :p

You're required to do a certain amount of damage to an enemy before you can make them flinch. They don't flinch of every shot. (Unless you have explosive or incindiary rounds up)

deoee

I never get that point.
When I shoot enemies they flinch, drop grenades, stop shooting and fall down while running away etc.
Sure there are enemies that don't give a shit but that are mainly the tanks + enemies who still got armor on them.
I dont think its just rioters. I think anyone that holds a damn shotgun, rushes (eventually) to your location like an idiot. In any case it happens way too often, thats why its so noticeable to me at least.

This thing too as well. Although this stands for specific enemies, not all of them, but yeah it looks silly.

But the shotgunners / blitzers are supposed to rush you like damn idiots.
They want to break your line of defense, destroy your structured line and scatter you so others can hit you.

Yeah, especially shotgun rushers, melee enemies and heavies. Could be getting shot by all 4 players at the same but couldn't give less of a fuck about it.

I never get that point.
When I shoot enemies they flinch, drop grenades, stop shooting and fall down while running away etc.
Sure there are enemies that don't give a shit but that are mainly the tanks + enemies who still got armor on them.

They want to break your line of defense, destroy your structured line and scatter you so others can hit you.

Once you have decent gear you can shred the rushers, but their total disregard to flinch is a very annoying aspect that breaks immersion. Enemies behind cover get suppressed, take time to reload, set up skills (turrets etc) or prep grenades, which is great.

I understand the point about rushers but AI that is programmed that way just feels wrong. There are enemies that carry shields and they don't flinch when shot, that I can understand. But rushers feel like they are programmed to run towards you no matter what and ignore everything else. Sure, you can stun them or distract them with skills, but that's not the point.

If i'm shooting an AI I want some kind of feedback that my shots are having an impact.

deoee

Once you have decent gear you can shred the rushers, but their total disregard to flinch is a very annoying aspect that breaks immersion. Enemies behind cover get suppressed, take time to reload, set up skills (turrets etc) or prep grenades, which is great.

I understand the point about rushers but AI that is programmed that way just feels wrong. There are enemies that carry shields and they don't flinch when shot, that I can understand. But rushers feel like they are programmed to run towards you no matter what and ignore everything else. Sure, you can stun them or distract them with skills, but that's not the point.

I really think the armor is the thing that makes them "flinch resistant".

Granadier

That's because they are programmed to rush you no matter what. Their only point of existence is to break your defense and split your squad.

Impulsor

Sure, with the base Liberator :p

Hahaha, true.

I'll keep on farmign to be able to buy that. Wasn't able to try the Pakhan too extensively either since I bought it right before going to bed. I just modded it and all taht and shot a couple of 25 baddies, so it isn't really a testament of how good the weapon is.

I do have 80+ bullets per mag and a total of 840 something bullets on reserve for it when at full ammo.

valkyre

I never get that point.

Holding a shotgun doesnt mean that you are destined to die like a kamikazi. :p

I dont know if you understand what I am saying, I understand why the game makes them rush to your location. But it doesnt stop it from looking completely stupid in my eyes.

If they moved using cover to approach your location tactically it would be great. But right now, you see an idiot holding a shotgun, walking in plain sight, just coming slowly towards his eventual demise.

its just that, stupid.

Shane

Went into level 25-27 DZ last night for the first time.

Wow. It was so good.We had to work as a team and slowly blast our way through a building. Got a load of great drops. Then we had to make it to an extraction zone.

Very tense.

Seeing that bundle of gear attach on the rope felt a true victory.

I now see how the game could open up further once the 'core' has been completed.

Can't wait to get back in there.

TimFL

Holding a shotgun doesnt mean that you are destined to die like a kamikazi. :p

I dont know if you understand what I am saying, I understand why the game makes them rush to your location. But it doesnt stop it from looking completely stupid in my eyes.

If they moved using cover to approach your location tactically it would be great. But right now, you see an idiot holding a shotgun, walking in plain sight, just coming slowly towards his eventual demise.

its just that, stupid.
I don't see how they are that much of an issue though. The few matchmaking quests I did had the whole team instantly unloading everything they got at a rusher and all of them dropped like a sack of rocks. Everyone and their parrot knows that rushers get priority. I get it, they are annoying but they are also the easiest to kill out of the bunch.
Don't get me started on the grenade guys though... they are tough as nails when you can't get a clear view of them and they seem to spawn nades without any form of cooldown which is ridiculous. We had this 1 yellow nade guy throw them non-stop at us, forcing us to move a lot which caused quite a few downs.

That was lvl 26 hard mode though (which is really tough with crap green gear).
A question: what is the best level to start grinding DZ? I heard quite a few people say that starting DZ leveling at 30 is a nightmare due to a lot of rogue top tier gear guys? Would it make sense to grind out lvl 30DZ before going 30?

Granadier

PSA: the Agent Origins gear still has some uses at lvl 30.

Paramedic BP: +2 medkits
Police BP: +75% ammo capacity

It's possible to switch backpacks, restock, then switch back to your main without losing the extra supplies. This works really well if you do it right before entering the DZ so you have 7 kits and tons of ammo.

valkyre

I don't see how they are that much of an issue though. The few matchmaking quests I did had the whole team instantly unloading everything they got at a rusher and all of them dropped like a sack of rocks. Everyone and their parrot knows that rushers get priority. I get it, they are annoying but they are also the easiest to kill out of the bunch.
Don't get me started on the grenade guys though... they are tough as nails when you can't get a clear view of them and they seem to spawn nades without any form of cooldown which is ridiculous. We had this 1 yellow nade guy throw them non-stop at us, forcing us to move a lot which caused quite a few downs.

That was lvl 26 hard mode though (which is really tough with crap green gear).
A question: what is the best level to start grinding DZ? I heard quite a few people say that starting DZ leveling at 30 is a nightmare due to a lot of rogue top tier gear guys? Would it make sense to grind out lvl 30DZ before going 30?

I never made this "much of an issue". I just said that it looks completely idiotic to my eyes and a cheap design way to force the players to prioritize enemies.

Like I said I would prefer if Rushers behaved more realistic, like for example having their allies provide cover fire so that they keep moving closer to your location from cover to cover (not walking slowly like idiots into a rain of bullets). Once they are close to your proximity, then they should start spraying bullets trying to gun you down.

Purple, but it can easily outperform the HE Marksman we have right now

Also

Talent 1: Predatory - Killing a target regenerates 10.5% of your health over 5 seconds.
Talent 2: Determined - Killing a target reduces skill cooldowns by 6%

I have one that has both Ferocious and Destructive. Shreds elites in half a clip, and the shoulder accuracy is just insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom