• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 10, 2016 (Mar 07 - Mar 13)

I hope Nintendo learns (haha) from this situation and they don't make the region lock again. It's not a thing that only annoys users, but also can harm themselves.

They just can't ship western's Wii U to Japan. And there's also the fact that Wii U Premium is black in the west, but white in Japan, so they don't match.

An all regions same policy would've avoid the current situation.

Iwata was pretty clear in saying they received the region locking criticism, so I'm expecting a completely region-free platform.

L~A

I hope Nintendo learns (haha) from this situation and they don't make the region lock again. It's not a thing that only annoys users, but also can harm themselves.

They just can't ship western's Wii U to Japan. And there's also the fact that Wii U Premium is black in the west, but white in Japan, so they don't match.

An all regions same policy would've avoid the current situation.

It was already discussed in a previous thread, but I don't believe having a region-free system would have helped, for several reasons.

The first one is that they would have to ship the consoles back to whatever factory they're using. That'd be most likely by boat, as it would be way too expensive by plane.

The second one is that when the consoles are in the factory (region-free or not), they'd have to set them up to have Japanese by default. Then add all the Japanese documentation, AC Adapter, etc. Then ship everything to retailers.

So even if they had a region-free system, they'd still need to modify it for the Japanese market. I don't think it would have made a difference, to be honest (though as I said in the previous thread, region-locking certainly didn't help. Region-locking is utter bs anyway, they got no sympathy from me here).

Personally, what "worries" me is not so much the potential lost sales, but strained relations with retailers.

The whole thing is kinda of surreal.Based on what has been said on retailer blogs and this thread, the problem stems from Nintendo's conservative forecast made worse by several factors (including what horuhe said about the factory). Might not really inspire confidence for their next system, and they can't really afford any bruised relationships (especially over the damn Wii U, of all things).

hiska-kun

It was already discussed in a previous thread, but I don't believe having a region-free system would have helped, for several reasons.

The first one is that they would have to ship the consoles back to whatever factory they're using. That'd be most likely by boat, as it would be way too expensive by plane.

The second one is that when the consoles are in the factory (region-free or not), they'd have to set them up to have Japanese by default. Then add all the Japanese documentation, AC Adapter, etc. Then ship everything to retailers.

So even if they had a region-free system, they'd still need to modify it for the Japanese market. I don't think it would have made a difference, to be honest (though as I said in the previous thread, region-locking certainly didn't help. Region-locking is utter bs anyway, they got no sympathy from me here).

Personally, what "worries" me is not so much the potential lost sales, but strained relations with retailers.

The whole thing is kinda of surreal.Based on what has been said on retailer blogs and this thread, the problem stems from Nintendo's conservative forecast made worse by several factors (including what horuhe said about the factory). Might not really inspire confidence for their next system, and they can't really afford any bruised relationships (especially over the damn Wii U, of all things).

The Japanese language by default thing could be easily fixed if there's a language selection the first time you turn on the console, and the same for documents that could be multi language.

Anyway, even if for Nintendo was impossible to fix the problem without the region lock, at least you let retailers fix the problem, just importing themselves.

Remember early 2014 when Amazon.jp had the American PS3 version of Minecraft charting so high (for the lack of japanese version at that time). I think it charted on Comg ranking too.
Talking about Comg, when they had supply problems of Monster Hunter Portable 3, they imported the Asian version, at charted for some weeks.

So, at least you let retailers to find their own solution, at the moment they are stuck there and nothing can be done.

L~A

The Japanese language by default thing could be easily fixed if there's a language selection the first time you turn on the console, and the same for documents that could be multi language.

Anyway, even if for Nintendo was impossible to fix the problem without the region lock, at least you let retailers fix the problem, just importing themselves.

Remember early 2014 when Amazon.jp had the American PS3 version of Minecraft charting so high (for the lack of japanese version at that time). I think it charted on Comg ranking too.
Talking about Comg, when they had supply problems of Monster Hunter Portable 3, they imported the Asian version, at charted for some weeks.

So, at least you let retailers to find their own solution, at the moment they are stuck there and nothing can be done.

Oh, didn't think of retailers importing the consoles themselves. Wouldn't be the most ideal solution, but it'd be ten times better than what we have right now, yeah.

Might be too expensive, but... better than not being to sell anything, I guess.

I really hope the Wii U won't be overshipped like hell when Nintendo can start shipping consoles regularly... kind of afraid that's what going to happen, to be honest.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Week 12, 2016 (Mar 21 - Mar 27)

new releases

{2016.03.23}
[3DS] Hello Kitty and Sanrio Friends 3D Racing _3DS Download Software_ |DL| <RCE> (Bergsala-Lightweight) (¥800)
[3DS] Toki Tori 3D _3DS Download Software_ |DL| <PZL> (Rainy Frog) (¥370)
[PSV] Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender DX _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <STG> (Playism) (¥647)
[WIU] Elliot Quest _Wii U Download Software_ |DL| <ADV> (Pikii) (¥925)
[WIU] Astral Breakers _Wii U Download Software_ |DL| <ACT> (CrossFunction) (¥499)
[WIU] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team _Wii U Virtual Console Version_ |DL| <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) (¥879)
[WIU] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team _Wii U Virtual Console Version_ |DL| <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) (¥650)
[WIU] Cho Aniki _Wii U Virtual Console Version_ |DL| <STG> (Extreme) (¥762)
[PS4] Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender DX _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <STG> (Playism) (¥647)

{2016.03.24}
[3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥5.250)
[3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 (.) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥5.250)
[3DS] Ansatsu Kyoushitsu: Assassin Ikusei Keikaku!! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥5.700)
[3DS] Ansatsu Kyoushitsu: Assassin Ikusei Keikaku!! (.) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥5.700)
[3DS] Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (3)(amiibo Set) <ETC> (Nintendo) (¥5.000)
[PSV] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X <ACT> (Sega) (¥6.990)
[PSV] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X (.) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Sega) (¥6.990)
[PSV] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Venus # <SPT> (Koei Tecmo) (¥7.800)
[PSV] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Venus (Collector's Edition) <SPT> (Koei Tecmo) (¥12.800)
[PSV] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Venus (.) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <SPT> (Koei Tecmo) (¥6.762)
[PSV] Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Sengoku Risshiden # <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) (¥7.800)
[PSV] Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Sengoku Risshiden (Treasure Box) <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) (¥11.800)
[PSV] Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Sengoku Risshiden (.) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) (¥6.762)
[PSV] Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness # <ADV> (5pb.) (¥7.800)
[PSV] Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (Limited Edition) <ADV> (5pb.) (¥9.800)
[PSV] Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (.) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (5pb.) (¥7.000)
[PSV] Dance with Devils # <ADV> (Rejet) (¥5.800)
[PSV] Dance with Devils (Limited Edition) <ADV> (Rejet) (¥7.800)
[PSV] Dance with Devils (.) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Rejet) (¥5.023)
[PSV] Shirogane x Spirits! # <ADV> (Technical Group Laboratory) (¥4.980)
[PSV] Shirogane x Spirits! (Limited Edition) <ADV> (Technical Group Laboratory) (¥6.980)
[PSV] Shirogane x Spirits! (.) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Technical Group Laboratory) (¥3.685)
[PSV] Tokyo Xanadu: Sakura Matsuri Package <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) (¥3.500)
[PSV] Romancing SaGa 2 _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥2.037)
[PS4] Dark Souls III <RPG> (From Software) (¥7.430)
[PS4] Dark Souls III (.) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <RPG> (From Software) (¥6.930)
[PS4] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune # <SPT> (Koei Tecmo) (¥8.800)
[PS4] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune (Collector's Edition) <SPT> (Koei Tecmo) (¥13.800)
[PS4] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune (.) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <SPT> (Koei Tecmo) (¥7.619)
[PS4] Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Sengoku Risshiden # <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) (¥8.800)
[PS4] Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Sengoku Risshiden (Treasure Box) <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) (¥12.800)
[PS4] Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Sengoku Risshiden (.) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) (¥7.619)
[PS4] Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness # <ADV> (5pb.) (¥7.800)
[PS4] Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (Limited Edition) <ADV> (5pb.) (¥9.800)
[PS4] Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (.) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (5pb.) (¥7.000)
[PS4] Trackmania Turbo <RCE> (Ubisoft) (¥4.980)
[PS4] Trackmania Turbo (.) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <RCE> (Ubisoft) (¥4.300)
[PS4] God Eater Off Shot: Fujiki Kota-hen Twin Pack & Animation Vol.6 <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥7.800)
[XB1] Dark Souls III <RPG> (From Software) (¥7.430)
[XB1] Dark Souls III (.) _Download Version_ |DL| <RPG> (From Software) (¥6.930)
[XB1] Stranger of Sword City <RPG> (Experience) (¥3.800)
[XB1] Stranger of Sword City (.) _Download Version_ |DL| <RPG> (Experience) (¥3.800)
[XB1] Trackmania Turbo _Download Version_ |DL| <RCE> (Ubisoft) (¥4.300)
[PS3] Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Sengoku Risshiden # <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) (¥8.800)
[PS3] Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Sengoku Risshiden (Treasure Box) <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) (¥12.800)
[PS3] Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Sengoku Risshiden (.) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) (¥7.619)

{2016.03.25}
[PSV] Project Root _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <STG> (OPQAM) (¥1.000)
[PS4] Project Root _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <STG> (OPQAM) (¥1.000)
[PS4] Weapons of Mythology: New Age _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <RPG> (Lionsfilm) (¥0)
[PS4] Arcade Archives: MX 5000 _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <STG> (Hamster) (¥762)
[XB1] Project Root _Download Version_ |DL| <STG> (OPQAM) (¥1.000)
___

YSO predictions

01. [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 < 450k (average 380k)
02. [PS4] Dark Souls III < 300k (average 280k)
03. [PSV] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X < 90k (average 75k)

00. [PS4+PSV] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 < 60k (average 50k)

Vena

Region free should be expectable in this day and age. Market have globalized as have retailer. And everything recently released from Nintendo has been region free.

I really hope the Wii U won't be overshipped like hell when Nintendo can start shipping consoles regularly... kind of afraid that's what going to happen, to be honest.

That'd be dumb. I expect them to attempt to just barely maintain flat shipment to sales.

They'll do as they did with Amazon US after the scuffle over hardware. I wouldn't be surprised if they also did something parallel with the 3DS/2DS to make some form of amends.

Is it a DLC platform like its predecessor?

I've no idea, I haven't really been following it. I think it's gone like 159k (PS3 version releasing later) -> 102k (simultaenous release with PS3) -> 75-90k (PS4 version releasing later) across the last 3 games.

It wouldn't surprise me if it became DLC central though. Wonder if this means a move towards F2P Diva in future if that's where they're making all the money.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Man, 280,000 is pretty awesome for Dark Souls III! Best first week of the series if true, and of course digital sales which will be for sure bigger than the others souls.

noobie

Banned
YSO predictions

01. [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 < 450k (average 380k)
02. [PS4] Dark Souls III < 300k (average 280k)
03. [PSV] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X < 90k (average 75k)

00. [PS4+PSV] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 < 60k (average 50k)
My prediction for March are down the drain

Ryng_tolu

Banned
My prediction for March are down the drain

Lol, i predicted 275,000 for Dark Souls III, but since all other prediction were sub < 200K and some 150-180K, i changed my prediction in 235,000. -_-

Never again lol.

And is still the closer prediction. :p

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Sega is still struggling to learn that you can't put out incredibly similar games continually and expect sales to sustain.

Investing less in PDX in response to this just cemented it to sell even less than before. You can't ramp down a budget to what you're currently selling and maintain that sales level.

It's at least the fifth year of consumers rejecting this concept in Japan en masse, but we see quite a few publishers still going at it again and again.

Scum

Not bad. I do wonder do, would it be such a daft idea for NCL to consider the MiiPlaza games for Miitomo...?

Sega is still struggling to learn that you can't put out incredibly similar games continually and expect sales to sustain.

Investing less in PDX in response to this just cemented it to sell even less than before. You can't ramp down a budget to what you're currently selling and maintain that sales level.

It's at least the fifth year of consumers rejecting this concept in Japan en masse, but we see quite a few publishers still going at it again and again.

Oh Sega.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Level 5 is even worse at this.

horuhe

At Bic Camera, they are anxious to have from Square Enix a release date for FFXV, and start reservations as soon as possible.
VaMUm6l.jpg

SSCuT3F.jpg

This is mostly a topic from the last thread.

I saw some predictions about the hypothetical sales of 2016.

And I'm just curious

Why do people think YO-KAI WATCH 3 will sell less than Pokemon Sun and Moon?

Is it because of the decline in YW's popularity? The anniversary for Pokemon this year?

Just wondering that's all.

The opening for DQM3 seems... Low? At mobile so I can't check previous openings for 1 & 2.

Definitely disappointing if actual numbers are close to predictions being the sequel of Joker (633k FW / 1.5m LTD) and Joker 2 (682k / 1.3m LTD), and in line with previous 3DS remakes. It should do better in the long-run with the Golden Week.

This is mostly a topic from the last thread.

I saw some predictions about the hypothetical sales of 2016.

And I'm just curious

Is it because of the decline in YW's popularity? The anniversary for Pokemon this year?

Pokémon mainline games are still enormous sellers. People seem to be predicting a small drop for Sun and Moon from X and Y and roughly similar figures for 3 and the first set of Yo-Kai Watch 2 games, which seems about right to me.

The supplementary and spinoff material's been where Yo-Kai Watch has been overhauling Pokémon- Pokémon's main games still seem to be ahead.

Sterok

Black and White did a decent amount to shake things up compared to Diamond and Pearl, and they still sold less. Unless Sun and Moon outright ditches the regular formula (that'll be the day) or is cross-gen (lol) it'll be very hard for SM to grow from XY. Would be nice for them to try though.

I do think it's a little early to be calling Sun and Moon's overall potential performance, but that is a possibility. Much depends on the game (Is it a leap forward for the series? What sets it aside from the previous entries?), the promotional campaign (Do they leverage the anniversary much? How does Pokémon Go fit into the strategy?) and even the overall hardware situation (What does the NX look like, when's it out, and can Sun and Moon leverage it in some way?).

I do hope they don't lean too hard on the anniversary stuff- Pokémon has a huge and dedicated older fanbase by this point, but I'm not as convinced younger converts to the franchise are as big a factor as they used to be. This trend is reflected in both Black and White and XY's huge openings and relatively shorter legs, and I'd hope that TPC has a strategy to bolster the number with new and younger fans- I daresay some have bought into the platform with Yo-Kai Watch, so making a play for those kids probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The opening for DQM3 seems... Low? At mobile so I can't check previous openings for 1 & 2.

Definitely disappointing if actual numbers are close to predictions being the sequel of Joker (633k FW / 1.5m LTD) and Joker 2 (682k / 1.3m LTD), and in line with previous 3DS remakes. It should do better in the long-run with the Golden Week.

Assuming the predictions hold, I'd forward that this is once again the same problem we see with things like Project Diva.

Similar to the previous games, low budget, zillionth entry in the series, and isn't offering up nearly enough new ideas/production value increase/scope increase/etc to be enticing.

We see this happening with the b-series that have been getting resurrected as well. It's like everyone who stopped making games like this for a while forgot why they did so in the first place. They weren't comfortable marching their series to sufficiently new heights, looked at their sales trajectory, and went "Well this is going no where in the long run." Suddenly a few years later everyone is like "Come on, we all have to make lots of console and handheld games to buoy the industry!", they trot back out all the same series with the same general budgets and the same gameplay offerings, and exactly what they expected before came to pass.

Vena

We see this happening with the b-series that have been getting resurrected as well. It's like everyone who stopped making games like this for a while forgot why they did so in the first place. They weren't comfortable marching their series to sufficiently new heights, looked at their sales trajectory, and went "Well this is going no where in the long run." Suddenly a few years later everyone is like "Come on, we all have to make lots of console and handheld games to buoy the industry!", they trot back out all the same series with the same general budgets and the same gameplay offerings, and exactly what they expected before came to pass.

Fire Emblem seems to be, like, the one exception. A or B-series, all in all, but one that has grown hand over fist from entry to entry.

Then again, outside of Mario spin-offs that get farted out like Tennis (or Pokemon), Nintendo generally either goes batshit insane with the next installment (ie. changing it entirely) or incrementally improves it in budget and scope if the sales stay healthy. Otherwise they just bench the franchise until Sakurai makes it into an anime shmup.

I'd say Zelda is iterative but the budget of those games is an inflatable balloon.

HGH

Banned
FE reinvented itself to suit the modern audience and just target more people in general. Other games don't seem to be undergoing as radical a change.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Fire Emblem seems to be, like, the one exception. A or B-series, all in all, but one that has grown hand over fist from entry to entry.

Then again, outside of Mario spin-offs that get farted out like Tennis (or Pokemon), Nintendo generally either goes batshit insane with the next installment (ie. changing it entirely) or incrementally improves it in budget and scope if the sales stay healthy. Otherwise they just bench the franchise until Sakurai makes it into an anime shmup.

I'd say Zelda is iterative but the budget of those games is an inflatable balloon.

I think Fire Emblem is actually a good example of someone taking an A-series that turned into a B-series and trying to make it an A-series again.

If Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 was a game that put Yokai Watch and Pokemon's content, gameplay, and/or production values to shame, we'd be having a different discussion.

It's not like Square Enix doesn't have the money to try to do that either. They just didn't want to. Their money seems to be going into the Pokemon Final Fantasy game on Vita instead, and I'm not entirely sold on how that looks gameplay wise given each battle seems to be 5-10 minutes long despite appearing every 15 seconds of walking.

Vena

I think Fire Emblem is actually a good example of someone taking an A-series that turned into a B-series and trying to make it an A-series again.

If Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 was a game that put Yokai Watch and Pokemon's content, gameplay, and/or production values to shame, we'd be having a different discussion.

It's not like Square Enix doesn't have the money to try either.

Yup. No disagreement from me but the trend is what it is because its "easy money" even if it burns the franchise to cinders.

Of course, I do think YW3 is actually trying to abate this and, maybe, even P&DZ may be trying to "improve on itself" but we won't know until we see more of these games and can compare them to their predecessors and contemporaries.

FE reinvented itself to suit the modern audience and just target more people in general. Other games don't seem to be undergoing as radical a change.

FE reinvented itself with Awakening. Fates was an attempt to improve on basically everything while also catering to old (Conquest) and new (Birthright) fans and even meeting them in the middle (Revelations). Niro made a post on this months back when FE was releasing about the attempt to grow for fans/the franchise.

Nyoro SF

Yeah, I'd say Fire Emblem is the exact opposite of the problem Nirolak is talking about. They upgraded the presentation and promotion quite a bit and did make gameplay changes to make things fresh so it wouldn't be same-old.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I feel the remaining Western publishers understand this very well.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier was a game that felt like one of those $20 knock-off shooters by Big Dog Interactive or whatever.

Ghost Recon: Wildlands looks like a $100 million, four player co-op attempt at military-GTA.

That's how you aim at reviving a franchise. Obviously the scale here is a bit out of reach for most Japanese publishers, but it's the core concept that counts.

The gulf between Dragon Age 2 and Dragon Age: Inquisition, or the huge budget increase between The Witcher 2 and The Witcher 3 are also nice examples.

There's very large financial support for new IPs as well like Watch Dogs, Destiny, or The Division even if the publishers know they're going to be launching flawed games when they have nothing prior to build on.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Diamond / Pearl was in short supply for months, it din't have that kind of legs accidently. Black / White supply situation was much better and it ended with similar LTD, it's not that it showed any serious drop.

If at Pokemon's anniversary year with old Pokemon entries showing legs they can't at least match X / Y, which wasn't anything special, they better pack it up.

Ōkami

1. [PSV] Digimon World: Next Order - 176
    [*][WIU] Pokken Tournament - 130
  2. [PS4] Tom Clancy's The Division - 51
  3. [PSV] Summon Night 6 - 24
  4. [WIU] Splatoon - 22
  5. [3DS] Mario & Sonyc At Rio Olympics - 22
  6. [PSV] Gundam Breaker 3 - 18
  7. [PS4] Battlefield 4 Premium Edition [EA Best Hits] - 17
  8. [PS4] Call of Duty: Black Ops III - 14
  9. [WII] Momotaro Dentetsu 16: Hokkaido Daiidou no Maki! - 13
  10. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition - 13
  11. [PS4] Gundam Breaker 3 - 11
  12. [3DS] Monster Strike - 11
  13. [WII] Momotarou Dentetsu 2010: Sengoku Ishin no Hero Daishuugou! no Maki - 10
  14. [WIU] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - 9
  15. [3DS] Monster Hunter X - 9
  16. [PSV] Attack on Titan - 8
  17. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V [Bargain Price] - 8
  18. [WIU] Super Mario Maker - 7
  19. [PSV] Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis - 7

Fisico

Why would people think the opposite?

Yokai Watch seems to have reach its peak around 3M sales, most here don't think it will go higher, and even if it does Pokemon Sun/Moon should also have a significant decrease from X/Y (>4.5M) knowing that X/Y itself show a significant decrease from White/Black (~5.5M).

These days we even have ORAS having some legs and showing that the Pokemon IP is still relevant (it should pass 3M very soon)

To make it simple :
YW3 may go higher than 3M but that's not very likely, Pokemon Sun/Moon may go lower than 4M but that's not very likely either.

test_account

XP-39C²
The wiost part of those Wii U shortages are how massively they hurt Mario Maker Sales. ( and Splatoon too)
I'm not sure about Mario Maker, but Splatoon was around 10k-13k earlier this year before the shortages. Now its around 8k-11k. Doesnt seem to have any massive effect.

horuhe

Rakuten Books Ranking Week 11, 2016 (Mar 14 - Mar 20)

01./00. [PSV] Digimon World: Next Order <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games)
02./00. [WiiU] Pokkén Tournament <FTG> (Pokémon Co.)
03./01. [PS4] Tom Clancy's The Division <ADV> (Ubisoft)
04./07. [3DS] Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games <SPT> (Nintendo)
05./00. [PS4] Battlefield 4: Premium Edition [EA Best Hits] <ACT> (Electronic Arts)
06./09. [WiiU] Splatoon <ACT> (Nintendo)
07./02. [PSV] Summon Night 6: Lost Borders <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games)
08./03. [WiiU] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Special Edition) <ADV> (Nintendo)
09./06. [PSV] Gundam Breaker 3 <ACT> (Bandai Namco)
10./00. [PSV] Wand of Fortune R <ADV> (Idea Factory)
11./10. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
12./12. [WiiU] Super Mario Maker <ACT> (Nintendo)
13./21. [3DS] Doraemon: Shin Nobita no Nihon Tanjou <ETC> (FuRyu)
14./17. [3DS] Monster Strike <RPG> (Mixi) {2015.12.17} (¥4.500)
15./08. [PSV] La Corda d'Oro 4 <SLG> (Koei Tecmo)
16./05. [PS4] Gundam Breaker 3 <ACT> (Bandai Namco)
17./04. [PS4] Summon Night 6: Lost Borders <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games)
18./14. [3DS] Monster Hunter Generations <ACT> (Capcom)
19./11. [PSV] Attack on Titan <ACT> (Koei Tecmo)
20./00. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf [Nintendo Selects] <ETC> (Nintendo)

Rakuten Books Pre-Orders Ranking Week 11, 2016 (Mar 14 - Mar 20)

01./01. [PS4] Dark Souls III <RPG> (From Software)
02./05. [3DS] Yo-Kai Romance of the Three Kingdoms <ACT> (Level 5)
03./03. [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 <RPG> (Square Enix)
04./14. [PS4] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune (Collector's Edition) <SPT> (Koei Tecmo)
05./15. [PS4] Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune <SPT> (Koei Tecmo)
06./09. [PSV] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X <ACT> (Sega)
07./02. [3DS] Ace Attorney 6 <ADV> (Capcom)
08./11. [PS4] Nobunaga&#8217;s Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Sengoku Risshiden <SLG> (Koei Tecmo)
09./04. [PS4] Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness <RPG> (Square Enix)
10./07. [PS4] Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Sengoku Risshiden (Treasure Box) <SLG> (Koei Tecmo)

Rakuten Books Ranking Week 10, 2016 (Mar 07 - Mar 13)

*Note: Games listed on the Rakuten Books Pre-Order Ranking are counted as net sales, so it might possibly affect the games listed the Rakuten Books Sales Ranking. It is expected anyone interested, to look at the previous rankings to make himself a better idea of the actual sales.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
&#332;kami;198748387 said:
03. [PS4] Tom Clancy's The Division - 51

The Division was at 91p last week, this week is at 51p... o_O That's a 44% drop.

It's just COMG but if Division second week is really more than half of last week, WOW.

Rakuten Books Ranking Week 11, 2016 (Mar 14 - Mar 20)

06./09. [WiiU] Splatoon <ACT> (Nintendo)

05. [WIU] Splatoon - 22

Splatoon beast mode active. :p

02. [WIU] Pokken Tournament - 130

That's seem great.

I'm not sure about Mario Maker, but Splatoon was around 10k-13k earlier this year before the shortages. Now its around 8k-11k. Doesnt seem to have any massive effect.

2-3k difference is still a negative effect.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Sure, but its not massively :) Splatoon doesnt seem to be affected anything noticeably by the WiiU shortages.

I said he effect massively the Mario Maker sales, not Splatoon. :D

Surely, Splatoon should not sell much more than that, but even so the shortages hurt it a bit. :p

test_account

XP-39C²
I said he effect massively the Mario Maker sales, not Splatoon. :D

Surely, Splatoon should not sell much more than that, but even so the shortages hurt it a bit. :p
You said "(and Splatoon too)", so i thought the same applied to that, but fair enough =) Hopefully the shortages will be over soon.

Top Bottom