• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 10, 2016 (Mar 07 - Mar 13)

Redhood

It was, but reminding people of a game with 220 songs that you're planning to sell at a "cheap price" the same week you're selling a similar game in the same franchise with 30 songs, sounds borderline insane. That doesn't explain why X is on PS4 either, especially if Future Tone is getting those tracks too.

This was never confirmed.

mao2

It was, but reminding people of a game with 220 songs that you're planning to sell at a "cheap price" the same week you're selling a similar game in the same franchise with 30 songs, sounds borderline insane. That doesn't explain why X is on PS4 either, especially if Future Tone is getting those tracks too.
Don't know the details, but I suppose X has more modes and other stuff? Future Tone is a download only title so it's probably bare-bones in terms of features.

Nyoro SF

Don't know the details, but I suppose X has more modes and other stuff? Future Tone is a download only title so it's probably bare-bones in terms of features.

Future Tone is an arcade port that has a lot of bells and whistles. It pretty much has almost everything the Diva home games have except for Edit Mode (which is heavily pared down in X) and Diva Room (inconsequential waifu room simulator).

Actually Future Tone also has an extra difficulty mode the home versions don't have, EX Extreme.

L~A

Yeah, was about to mention that game when Nirolak commented about it a couple of pages ago (but wasn't sure it was already out, and I kind of forgot about it).

It really doesn't make sense. I mean, 220 songs is insane for any rhythm game, let alone Hatsune Miku. Even Project Mirai DX has "only" 50+ songs, and that's including all those from the first Project Mirai.

Is there a special occasion (Miku anniversary?) for them to do things that way?

About Yo-kai Watch 3: I don't see it being delayed at all. No way Level-5 is going to give up on that sweet summer holiday money. There is no real reason for Level-5 to delay it either (it's not like the game is stuck in development hell or anything). Besides, looks like marketing machine is already going. Since January, anime has been focusing a lot on YW3 Yo-kai.

The "silence" surrounding YW3 isn't too surprising. YW2 wasn't even announced before April. It's Level-5's usual MO for Yo-kai Watch games. Next month is when they'll start talking about it.

mao2

Future Tone is an arcade port that has a lot of bells and whistles. It pretty much has almost everything the Diva home games have except for Edit Mode (which is heavily pared down in X) and Diva Room (inconsequential waifu room simulator).

Actually Future Tone also has an extra difficulty mode the home versions don't have, EX Extreme.
I see, sounds like PS4 X is kinda redundant then. Don't know what Sega are doing LOL. Thanks for the info!

Zhao_Yun

Yeah, was about to mention that game when Nirolak commented about it a couple of pages ago (but wasn't sure it was already out, and I kind of forgot about it).

It really doesn't make sense. I mean, 220 songs is insane for any rhythm game, let alone Hatsune Miku. Even Project Mirai DX has "only" 50+ songs, and that's including all those from the first Project Mirai.

I think some people were speculating that they might announce a new arcade version in the near future and that the PS4 game is supposed to be the swan song for the current one.

So much damage control for the upcoming PD game.

About Yo-kai Watch 3: I don't see it being delayed at all. No way Level-5 is going to give up on that sweet summer holiday money. There is no real reason for Level-5 to delay it either (it's not like the game is stuck in development hell or anything). Besides, looks like marketing machine is already going. Since January, anime has been focusing a lot on YW3 Yo-kai.

The "silence" surrounding YW3 isn't too surprising. YW2 wasn't even announced before April. It's Level-5's usual MO for Yo-kai Watch games. Next month is when they'll start talking about it.

Well, YW3 was announced one year ago with a real trailer and was slated for 2015. Therefore it doesn't seem usual MO for YW games, though not that surprising in the grand scheme of things, since it's a big project and Level-5 had to repurpose plans given the huge success of Busters.

Fdkn

Are you telling me Future Tone is a pure rythm game with a ton of songs and without the boring diva timesink? I'm in lol

Thank the lord for SEGA sabotaging their products if it ends like this

L~A

Well, YW3 was announced one year ago with a real trailer and was slated for 2015. Therefore it doesn't seem usual MO for YW games, though not that surprising in the grand scheme of things, since it's a big project and Level-5 had to repurpose plans given the huge success of Busters.

I don't think the initial reveal matters that much, to be honest. Especially since we still know squat about the game. Though what I mean by "standard MO" is "proper reveal a couple of months before release, close to launch". Which is pretty much what we had for YW2, YWB, and what we'll get for YW3. You're right when you say it's a big project, and I also think they changed their plans at one point (though I don't think they ever gave a proper release window for YW3).

Nikkei (via Serkan Toto):

1) The Nikkei just reports Nintendo will stop producing Wii U within 2016. It doesn't say they will necessarily start selling NX in 2016.

2) Acc. to the paper, some Wii U accessories are already not being produced anymore. Nintendo plans to deplete inventory this year.

No big surprise here. I don't think they have many Wii U left in storage, to be honest.

Fdkn

Nikkei (via Serkan Toto):

No big surprise here. I don't think they have many Wii U left in storage, to be honest.

If only they didn't suffer those very important shortages that cut off the life of a rising product...

NX should happen this year regardless of that tho, their worldwide relevance keeps suffering the more they wait.

Kid Ying

Some time ago people liked to see the rise of minecraft on wiiu eshop. The game come back to the second position these days, where DQX got back to the first place, since they are giving for free on the eshop for the whole month.

That means that the two best selling games on the eshop are both 3rd party games, unusually so.

test_account

XP-39C²
You did the same thing with Dragon Quest Joker 3 yesterday, gave reasons for potentially lower sales. You also gave a reason for why the newest Mario & Sonic game might not match a previous Mario & Sonic game's LTD. Valid reasons i think, but what people said about PD is not anything different from what you said about other games (well, if you concider what you said yourself as damage control, then just ignore this message :p :)).

Powwa

You did the same thing with Dragon Quest Joker 3 yesterday, gave reasons for potentially lower sales. You also gave a reason for why the newest Mario & Sonic game might not match a previous Mario & Sonic game's LTD. Valid reasons i think, but what people said about PD is not anything different from what you said about other games (well, if you concider what you said yourself as damage control, then just ignore this message :p :)).

It's only damage control if it's about Vita. When he makes claims about a 3DS game, it's all reasonable explanation.

I was thinking a 55k-60k opening for Digimon Next Order, but first day sell-through didn't seem too bright, hope it sells good enough for them to bring it to the west.

Maniel

Banned
I wonder when the trackers will stop tracking Wii U. If the current Wii U shortages are anything to go by, when production ceases sales will tank (even more so) quickly.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
I wonder when the trackers will stop tracking Wii U. If the current Wii U shortages are anything to go by, when production ceases sales will tank (even more so) quickly.

If they track XB1, they will still track Wii U for a while.

Still, there is a legit chance Wii U will drop at XB1 numbers at one point lmao.

Still, there is a legit chance Wii U will drop at XB1 numbers at one point lmao.

They stopped tracking PSTV at the start of the year, even though it was always outselling XB1, because Sony had stopped producing it at the end of 2015.

By that logic, WiiU tracking should stop at the end of 2016, if the Nikkei article is true.

edit: I guess it depends on how much excess stock they make before they stop production, though.

Maniel

Banned

Honestly, aside from the jokes we get about XB1 sales, there is no point in them tracking it. My guess is they will stop tracking Wii U mid to late 2017 because it will be doing XB1-like numbers and its successor will be on the market.

Nyoro SF

If my posts were construed as "damage control" then you are pretty far off the mark Pennywise. I'd keep your comments to yourself.

Are you telling me Future Tone is a pure rythm game with a ton of songs and without the boring diva timesink? I'm in lol

Thank the lord for SEGA sabotaging their products if it ends like this

Yeah it's a very straight rhythm game, but Diva X is also just a straight rhythm game. The quest mode they added is a largely theatrical addition with little benefit to the user. It's like Nirolak said, lack of adapting and investment causes fatigue and sales drop.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
They stopped tracking PSTV at the start of the year, even though it was always outselling XB1, because Sony had stopped producing it at the end of 2015.

By that logic, WiiU tracking should stop at the end of 2016, if the Nikkei article is true.

edit: I guess it depends on how much excess stock they make before they stop production, though.

Good point. Well they were still close too, like always well under < 1K territory, i don't see Wii U drop that much this year, so i think they will still track it in 2017. Sure they will stop track it before than many of us expected.

speaking of Famitsu, usually they stop tracking by the end of the year (December) or the end of the fiscal year (March)

so in this case I suppose they will stop tracking Wii U this December

for comparison, they stopped tracking Vita TV in December, and if someone here remember, I pointed out that Vita TV was unavailable in all shops already in the begininnig of January, while Sony announcement is just from a couple of weeks ago.

probably we'll see two digit numbers for Wii U in the end of the year, if not before, considering they already have stock problems.

DC last track : 2002.2.17
XB last track : 2006.12.4 (the following week 360 was released) (M-C kept tracking until beg. of 2007)
GC last track : 2007.4.1 (end of FY2006)
Wii last track : 2014.8.31
360 last track : 2014.8.31 (the following week XBO was released)

horuhe

More info about Mitsumi.

In this one, Moribe (Mitsumi CEO) says that sales have fallen from 100 billion yen to 30 billion yen, and that their human resources were insufficient. Something that drove them to became subsidiary of Minebea.

http://www.nikkei.com/markets/compa...79&ba=1&type=2&g=DGXLASFL21HM4_21122015000000

This is the presentation of the integration with Minebea, finally concluded in April 2017.
(Something coincidential with all the Wii U, and NX stuff)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGmRDkdePtY

horuhe

Rakuten Weekly Comment

- PlayStation 4 was again the best selling console of the week. PlayStation Vita did better comparing to last week. Wii U Pokkén Set is sold out, and the units sold came basically from pre-orders.
- The best selling game was Digimon World, and The Division even hold really well. Pokkén, though, will be the truly best selling game, since there are two more vendors and there is the Wii U Pokkén Set. Mario and Sonic, Battlefield and Splatoon also charted in high positions.
- The most pre-ordered games, was again Yo-Kai Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Dark Souls, Dragon Quest, and especially Dead or Alive, had the last pre-orders of the moment and charted in high positions, as well.
- The Splatoon Water Gun, and the Splatoon amiibo were quite popular and could influence in Splatoon legs.

http://ranking.rakuten.co.jp/weekly/101205/

----------

Takarajima Stores started the promotion of Puzzle and Dragons X with this big banner, and some DVD for Minecraft PSVita.
w0VDC89.jpg

KW4tspd.jpg

TSUTAYA, on their books floor, they had this today, Splatoon Pia.

HGH

Banned
So basically Pokken is having a good first week purely off the WiiU drought?
All according to Nintendo's keikaku, clearly.

mao2

64K for Next Order seems like a decent result. Lower than Cyber Sleuth's 77K opening but above YSO's <55K prediction.

mao2

YSO uses Famitsu...
Ah sorry, I honestly didn't know. :p There was a discussion about <55K being a bad result for Next Order and decline of the series, so I thought it was being compared to Cyber Sleuth's 77K number on Media Create. Cyber Sleuth debuted at 54K on Famitsu.

L~A

The blog again, Pokken 100k x 70% = 70k

Digimon ~64000

Wii U ~13000

There's a last hint 2446 that I don't know what is it

Inexplicable surge of XB1 sales?

Ok sales for Pokkén Tournament. Too bad Wii U will drop like a rock next week.

L~A

TV Commercial for Disney Art Academy (April 7th, pre-loading available on eShop right now). New 3DS cover plates on the same day. Curious to see how it'll perform.

Pokémon Art Academy did at least 142k LTD, so I'd say this one should easily do at least 100k LTD (Famitsu).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
My expectations for fighting games in Japan not called Smash are pretty bottom basement, so that seems about as well as it could do.

The genre is on its way out domestically, at least outside of arcades.

L~A

Yup, fighting games aren't going anywhere in Japan, it seems.

Media Create:

PS4 28,370
Vita 19,028
New3DS LL 18,353
Wii U 12,998
New3DS 5,142
3DS 2,187
PS3 1,462
3DS LL 370
Xbox One 91

69k for Pokkén.
64k for Digimon.

Hellraider

My expectations for fighting games in Japan not called Smash are pretty bottom basement, so that seems about as well as it could do.

The genre is on its way out domestically, at least outside of arcades.
Fighting games joining racing games' downfall. :(

Top Bottom