• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Reveal Thread - Matchmaking/Multiplayer Details Revealed

GhaleonEB

Thanks for the rocket, Oozer. :lol

Old school format, which I won't embed since it's technically not the right thread.

One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six | Seven | Eight

It got me a great new shot for the collection, though.

do6.jpg

Good times tonight guys.

Ramirez

Heh, even when I did talk no one said anything, I couldn't be too loud, the wife was asleep behind me, I don't like waking people up with my Halo callouts. :p

vhfive said:
i lost the little skill i had.
my br was just terrible.
:(

but other than that lots of fun

Ram is a robot. no one can be that good
Does that mean you haven't been playing Halo3 much? I was gonna ask you to put me back on your friends list. I stopped killing internet dragons on WoW.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
dvld3r.jpg

Dev Blog said:
Yes, the alpha is done, and everything is getting better day by day. Why else would I be working on a sunny Saturday afternoon. :) The actual MP beta that we release to the public is undergoing massive improvements!

-Marcus

Concept image could be a teaser for a MP map.

Trasher

Dax01 said:
Heh. That looks like the MC in the background (to the left).
Yeah it does. I think he's in that other concept art as well. Probably just there so people have an idea of what the size and scale of the map are.

Louis Wu

godhandiscen said:
Does anybody have that old video from Bungie in their early begginings and they don't even have proper desks? They are eating pizza, sitting on a carpet, and talking about Quake. I want to show it to a friend, but i can't find it.

I'm always amazed when I return to this page and find that it's still online... but it's still online. :D

(Down at the bottom)

vhfive

Dax01 said:
So, I made four clips from the custom games last night.
My Best Snipe in Halo 3 - Yeah, it was complete luck, but I'll take what I can get.
How come I'm always getting sniped out of vehicles? :(

Deputy Moonman said:
Does that mean you haven't been playing Halo3 much? I was gonna ask you to put me back on your friends list. I stopped killing internet dragons on WoW.
I took about a month and a half break and I guess that enough time to lose your skill. :p
Just added you back though I plan on playing much more frequently now. I had to defriend some people to make room for new juniors and you hadn't played in awhile.

vhfive said:
How come I'm always getting sniped out of vehicles? :(
If you get sniped by me, of all people, out of a vehicle, you know you got a problem.

Louis Wu said:
No render minutes, so you'll have to live with self-captured footage. At least it's Flash. :)

So close...

(Couple of views to point out just how close it was.)

Frickin' Guardians...
It's like they were purposefully fucking with you.:lol

Also, I forgot to mention that this was my favorite game of last night. I got no kills but two of the three flag captures. That takes some serious skill.

LordPhoque said:
So I just beat Halo CE for the first time, except from the library I thought it was amazing. Should I play Halo 2 now ?
Yes, yes you should. Ghal will disagree with this, but just expect it to be worse than the first game.

A Penguin

Dax01 said:
Teasing Penguin - I set Ghal up for a kill without even knowing it.
:mad:
I'm not too bright of a Halo player seeing how I like to blindly chase kills. This often leads to my rounding a corner and getting shotgunned in the face, or simply losing situational awareness as shown above.

big ander

Schmitty said:
So how can I get involved with these customs
On a Saturday night, message somebody from GAF that you see online playing. Dani (GT: Slightly Live) and vhfive (same for GT) are usually the organizers. Check this thread, also:
Weekend Halogaf Thread

Wanted to play customs last night, but my little brother had the Xbox tied up for 3 hours while he was marathoning to 70 in MW2. Looks like it was fun.

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
Teasing Penguin - I set Ghal up for a kill without even knowing it.
One of my favorite moments from last night (I'm not very good to begin with, and I was rusty - yikes). Even better seeing how you were taunting him. :lol
Dax01 said:
:lol In both situations you had one Needle remaining.
At least we had each other.

I really, really want to see the new vehicles for the Beta.

Was watching the Reach ViDoc again this morning and I think I noticed an Engineer on someone's monitor. I noticed pink looking floating tentacles that I hadn't noticed before so...Looks like Engineers might be back for Reach. News to me at least.

RotaryAce

Neo Member
ToyMachine228 said:
Was watching the Reach ViDoc again this morning and I think I noticed an Engineer on someone's monitor. I noticed pink looking floating tentacles that I hadn't noticed before so...Looks like Engineers might be back for Reach. News to me at least.

2qjY

Is this what you saw?
Looks like it's in the 'Isolation' map from Halo 3.
It could mean a number of things, we'll probably have to wait for some more pictures or videos of Reach to confirm that Huragok are in it.

Nutter

ToyMachine228 said:
Yup, the Vidoc pretty much confirmed the Brutes and Engineers in the game. [in 1 form or the other, campaign / Firefight]

It would be interesting fighting extra Sheilded Elites in the campaign. (because of Engineers)

Nutter said:
Yup, the Vidoc pretty much confirmed the Brutes and Engineers in the game. [in 1 form or the other, campaign / Firefight]

It would be interesting fighting extra Sheilded Elites in the campaign. (because of Engineers)

I just really hope they redesign the engineers function in Reach, hopefully they will be unshielded at the very least so I dont need to carry a Plasma pistol around 'just in case'.

But seriusly Engineers just wernt much fun :(

Oozer3993

GhaleonEB said:
Thanks for the rocket, Oozer. :lol

Old school format, which I won't embed since it's technically not the right thread.

One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six | Seven | Eight

It got me a great new shot for the collection, though.

do6.jpg

Good times tonight guys.

So that's what happened :lol I had been at the other end of the teleporter and saw the Hornet pickup the bomb, so I headed back through the teleporter, clutching my RL with its lone remaining rocket, thinking "I can't blow this shot, or we lose the game." So of course I blew the shot :lol

Merguson

Banned
Oozer3993 said:
So that's what happened :lol I had been at the other end of the teleporter and saw the Hornet pickup the bomb, so I headed back through the teleporter, clutching my RL with its lone remaining rocket, thinking "I can't blow this shot, or we lose the game." So of course I blew the shot :lol

And with the bomb in the other hand, my fist slipped into your face.

Sry.

RotaryAce said:
It could mean a number of things, we'll probably have to wait for some more pictures or videos of Reach to confirm that Huragok are in it.
Oh please God let this be false.

GhaleonEB

Oozer3993 said:
I actually had the better chance to stop it - had I not wasted both my plasmas, I'd have stuck the Hornet when it was parked for pick up, instead of just dropping one guy with a frag. Though the rocket didn't help, of course. :lol

All through that game I was wondering what kind of BTB shenanigans Reach would have. I hope fall damage isn't in - the epic man cannons alone have been very good for memorable incidents.

Sai-kun

Banned
RotaryAce said:
2qjY

Is this what you saw?

That's not Isolation. Definitely not. That looks like the testing arena Bungie uses for tons of stuff. It's been seen in the H3 vidocs. There was one part of an H3 ViDoc where they showed a Brute in the same looking arena.

edit: I checked and I guess it's not the same place, but it looks like it. The picture with the engineer just has those extra walls. *shrug*

urk said:
Looks like a good place to dump sparks on a Wraith.

:D
here we go!
brutearena.png

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
NOKYARD said:
Could also be the turbine and generator for a hydroelectric dam.

Could be.

Sai-kun said:
That's not Isolation. Definitely not. That looks like the testing arena Bungie uses for tons of stuff. It's been seen in the H3 vidocs. There was one part of an H3 ViDoc where they showed a Brute in the same looking arena.

Looks like a good place to dump sparks on a Wraith.

Kapura

Banned
2n1chnq.jpg

Arena...

Does that wraith look different from the Halo 3 one? I don't know it's model very well.

EDIT: Just checked. It is somewhat different. Those front lights, and some of the curves are different. Also, the lightning.

Top Bottom