• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekend HaloGaf Thread of Spartans and Dinosaurs (All Welcome To Join)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
halogaftemp.png

========

Customs Challenge Contest

win.jpg

I've decided to run a mini competition to promote the HaloGAF Customs night. Come have fun with us on Saturday evenings!

The Competition

Simply complete the level in the fastest possible time.

How?

Go to my fileshare and download the Dalo Cha gametype (King of the Hill variant) and Dalo Cha map (Sanbox variant).

Link:D

Show off your uber Chopper skills, reach the Hill at the end of the course, beat the clock, chalk up the fastest time and you win.

You must;

Use the chopper to navigate the course
Pick up the Overshield power-up near the end of the course
Win the match by standing in the hill (Hill time will be deducted for your final time)

Ain't no point in cheating, I'll spot it and it's lame.

Prize

The winner will recieve a copy of Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic for the PC downloadable from Filefront (US only). Alternatively, an Xbox live prize (points, time, something. etc) may be offered. The real prize is bragging rights. ;)

Submission

Reply to the HaloGAF Custom thread with a link to a saved film in your fileshare or Bungie Pro render. Only open to register Neogaf users (worldwide).

Competition is open from NOW until 6AM GMT Monday morning.

No bitching please. Remember this is fun, happiness, shits and giggles, have fun. =)

========

Welcome to the regular weekend Halo 3 meetup thread. You play Halo 3 right? Great, you are welcome to join us. It doesn't matter if you've been playing every day since launch, returning from weeks or months without playing or you've only popped the disc in your tray for the first time, the meetup is open for everyone and we'd be happy to help you in any way we can.
The idea is to provide a gateway for fellow Gaffers, from the old timers to the scrubs, to expand the existing HaloGaf community and help out those of you that want a friendly atmosphere free of typical Xbox Live immature bottom dwellers. Rank and skill level is second to fun and enjoyment. We won't discriminate against anyone based on their rank, every is equal whether you are a General or a New Recruit. We'll do our best to evenly divide the teams and make the games balanced and fair.
The format is as follows, each Saturday we'll have a window of time and during it, you'll be free to join us. We'll be hosting custom games and trying out new map variants. The idea is to spice up Halo 3 with a nice alternative to matchmaking. The maps we'll play will be determined on the night, so feel free to have a look around Bungie.net or ForgeHub to get some maps. There will be a number of maps preselected just in case too.
Also, we won't be relying too heavily on custom maps, if people want to play certain game types on existing maps, that is what we'll do.
Feel free also to use this thread to post post game screen shots or clips if you feel so inclined.
We are going to just go ahead and start this up. All feedback is welcome. Looking forward to be playing with the regulars and newcomers alike.

Rules

• Be Cool - Don't take it too seriously, it's just a (fun) game
  • Keep it Clean - Banter and friendly trash-talking is fine, but cussing, bitching, whinning and swearing every second is not. Some of us have had a busy week and this is our chill out time
  • Speak up - Don't be a random! We don't bite, much

How to Join
  • Send a message through Xbox Live to either myself (GT: Slightly Live) or vhfive (GT: vhfive)
  • Note that priority is given to registered GAF posters (juniors or full members) or any special guests
  • If the party is full, just wait around. People can come and go and a space will appear shortly

Times - Each Saturday
  • Europeans - 9pm GMT
  • Everyone - 1-2am GMT/8-9pm EST
  • Europeans get an early start, but will merge with everyone else after a few hours

Follow us on Twitter

HaloGAF Forged Map Variants
A collection of custom maps, mostly Sandbox variants, created by GAFers

Updates

09-10 | Updated GhaleonEB's Sandstorm to version 2.7
09-07 | Added Nokyard's Sentinel Factory

Map maker | Map(s)

Tools

MM Sandbox Variants

Remakes:

This sounds great! I'm always up for some customs and friendly competition.

GT: Pickled Trout

FYI: Most likely I won't be able to make it on tonight, but in the future I'll be there.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I've gathered an assorted of map variants as backs ups for tonight. Actually looking forward for some good alternatives to matchmaking tonight.

I'll send a FR your way Dani, but doubt I'll be able to join (closed NAT on campus) but when I finish this semester (May, lol) I'll definitely be there.

(Wait, you're irish Dani? How the hell did I not know this? What part?)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Zeouterlimits said:
I'll send a FR your way Dani, but doubt I'll be able to join (closed NAT on campus) but when I finish this semester (May, lol) I'll definitely be there.

(Wait, you're irish Dani? How the hell did I not know this? What part?)

We can try, I suppose, won't hurt. If we're still going in May, then for sure. Up North, Portadown. =)

Blueblur1

Grimm Fandango said:
Okay cool, I'm free for a couple of hours.

GT: GrimmJob
Added you and invited you, dude. I'm Total Sacrifice.

We've got a strong party of 13 players. Message Dani or myself to get in (well, anyone in our party will get you in actually).

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Righto guys, it has been fun. Some very good games and such
and some questionale ones =)

Also good to some some new faces, hope you guys enjoyed yourselves.

Sorry about having to leave for a while, my Steam account got stolen and I had to deal with that.

Anyways, will post up some recaps and screens tomorrow, including some of the maps.

I arrived late to the party tonight, but I still had a lot of fun. That 5 way territories game was awesome, and that rejected MLG map was freaking intense.

Hey, good games last night guys. Some of them were CUHRAZYY!! Sorry about me randomly dropping. Internet decided to fail so I called it a night. Would play again :D

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Right, just been reminded to get details up. I will use my fileshare to host some of the stuff and ost it up soon.

We're set for another this coming Saturday.

Question, anyone up for more than 1 night? It might gives those unable to make to one, make it to the other. Just some thoughts.

Also, some of the lessons learned from map selection and starting weapons have been learned. Expect more variety than last time.

Blueblur1

xDEILGYREx said:
Ah, missed this.
Next week then, maybe, if it isn't full up.
You can go ahead and add me (GT=Total Sacrifice) and Dani (GT=Slightly Live). We're on almost every night regardless.

Dang it Dani, you changed your gamertag on me, I still have your old one, I'll just delete that one and add your new one, hopefully I will be available for the next game night.

GT: Digital Limit

I'd love to finally play some full custom matches that I've missed so much from the original Halo. Some of you chaps should add me :)

Also, I have an Avalanche variant that adds in even more infantry movement with what I like to think is clever man cannon placement, if we're open to some Multiflag on that map.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Digital Limit said:
GT: Digital Limit

I'd love to finally play some full custom matches that I've missed so much from the original Halo. Some of you chaps should add me :)

Also, I have an Avalanche variant that adds in even more infantry movement with what I like to think is clever man cannon placement, if we're open to some Multiflag on that map.

Feel free to add me, just message me with a note saying you are from GAF. We'd be more than happy to give any variant a good game. =)

CrazedArabMan said:
Dang it Dani, you changed your gamertag on me, I still have your old one, I'll just delete that one and add your new one, hopefully I will be available for the next game night.

LOL, sorry dude! Feel free to do so.

Also, OP updated with next customs night info, I'll get around to adding the map info eventually. I think next time, I'll add map info before the night. =)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Digital Limit said:
Cool, thanks!

Your gamertag is Dani I take it, or is there an official Halo 3 gamertag thread I should be looking at?

No, my real GT is in my profile, it's not Dani. There's a GAF Halo 3 tag, can't remember it off hand, I actually forgot to re-add it to my friends list with this tag, so I'm sure we can hook you up with that also. =)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I have updated the OP with some of the maps ready for tomorrow evening. We will, of course, play these maps, along with some others, but we are always open to new suggestions either here in the thread or on the night. Standard maps are also up for play, we like to give that little bit extra selection and variety.

Also, is one night a week good enough for most folk or would you like another opportunity? Feel free to make suggestions on this also, either here or on the night.

Looks fun, duck hunt it always fun to play, you should of threw Sweep in there so we can do some King of the Hill, oh that would be fun.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I expect some good ass kicking and fun from you lot tonight, consider it a birthday present, I'll even accept teabags. ;p

Dani said:
I expect some good ass kicking and fun from you lot tonight, consider it a birthday present, I'll even accept teabags. ;p

How old will you be, then we can figure out how many teabags we owe you then. :lol

edit: nvm, saw it in your bio, so 22 teabags from each person, better change the respawn time to 5 minutes then.

Top Bottom