• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT17| We Flew Out Members To Make This OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Yea I'll be on Reach tonight Devo.

Also whats this Zero Lag thing they keep talking about...like within the Xbox to the NIC? There cant be zero lag outside of that, due to the physical world...Wires, Different Hops and whatnot.
There's a difference between "zero" and "none". I'd assume they're allowed to round down if it's low enough.

There's a difference between "zero" and "none". I'd assume they're allowed to round down if it's low enough.

Yea of course I'm assuming it means unnoticeable lag, but they cant control the world they can only control within their system.

Seems like a stupid thing to market. As soon as someone gets lag within the game they are going to go "WTF THERES NOT SUPPOSED TO BE LAG!"

Ghazi

not like this

5rkumGL.gif

Yea of course I'm assuming it means unnoticeable lag, but they cant control the world they can only control within their system.

Seems like a stupid thing to market. As soon as someone gets lag within the game they are going to go "WTF THERES NOT SUPPOSED TO BE LAG!"

It could be heavily reduced with good dedicated servers for all the games like that rumor said.

Booties

Banned
Bring real quantifiable metrics and I might believe what you say. Let us play with some numbers shall we...

1. Say 5 million game purchasers already familiar with the lore watch FuD.

2. FuD as officially announced some time ago reached over 55 million views. It would be even more today.

3. Do you really think those 5 mil game owners watched FuD 10 times each? Do you not believe there is room for new gamers/viewers?

4. What of the experience for 343i and partners to produce FuD and how that leads to improved live action adverts, full TV series, vignettes etc.

5. What of word of mouth? What of YouTube trending display? What of PR releases from FuD?

It was very far from a turd mate, next time perhaps you should trial some simple metrics or you know actually provide some hard evidence as opposed to personally biased comments.

Your first point is a made up number. LOL. Ok, here we go:

55 MM views is definitely a big number, but with it being a niche sci-fi show I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of that is repeat views (I watched every GoT episode multiple times, some people watch LoTR dozens). Then you have to factor in how many people didn't finish watching the video. Is 55 MM every episode combined? Then you divide that by the number of episodes. Is 55MM just episode one? Then what's the drop off from episode to episode? You talk about trends, but you don't really know what they are.

Ok now let's continue now that I just explained you how 55 MM on youtube doesn't mean shit.

Let's talk about advertising. Advertisements works on a small fraction of the people who are exposed to them. Not only that, but it takes repeated efforts to get them to stick in someone's mind. Then you need to shove it down their throats more if you want them to buy something If you want I'll go grab a quote from one of my many guerrilla marketing books to "back it up".

4. Improved live action blah, blah blah. Yeah, they didn't do anything after FUD, so that was a waste of words.

NEXT

5. I don't even know what you're talking about. You start off with numbers, then end with "word of mouth". Well spoken. Really.

Sooooo where are the metrics in your argument? 55 MM is a number, so is $10 MM, and so is 20,000.

Ghazi

So Frankie, what do you think of the HTC, I mean, Xbox One?

Is it a good platform to develop Halo for or is your studio moving over to PS4?

TCKaos

I started playing Flood for more or less the first time. Getting assassinations as the Flood is so brutal. Easily the most violent thing that's happened in Halo.

Aside from, y'know, watching whats-her-no-face get composed.

not like this

I'm telling you man, a
Combat Evolved 2
would destroy worlds. ~5:19 in this video is proof of it!

I'll be available for hire after this summer.

Hey funk/Exwife/chaos/reverb/the rest of the crew I'll be on tonight around 830/900 central time if y'all are on. Roughly two and a half hours from now.

I'll probably be on late so if you're around holler bread.

Not really. I just noticed you for the first time today, I probably will continue to not notice you exist from this point.

OMG DID I JUST WRITE THAT MUCH IN RESPONSE TO OZZY? I didn't recognize his avatar.

whataguy

How dumb could they be, really?... Not even PC headsets?

What the fuck.

Honestly, they're becoming more and more like Nintendo every day. They have this "Fuck everyone else, im doing my own thing even if everyone is telling me not to" attitude. Its getting absolutely ridiculous now. I absolutely despise the playstation controller and yet im still thinking of taking the plunge anyway. Fuck this man.

This is going to be the first time i dont own an xbox at launch.

Shadders

MS, stop making everything suck for the new system.

I think this is actually the first thing that will affect me directly.

I have a HDTV, I have stable internet, I don't trade games.

But I did just spend £250 on the headset Microsoft released a few months ago thinking it would last me a number of years. How fucking stupid do I feel?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I think this is actually the first thing that will affect me directly.

I have a HDTV, I have stable internet, I don't trade games.

But I did just spend £250 on the headset Microsoft released a few months ago thinking it would last me a number of years. How fucking stupid do I feel?

wat

Madness

That's precisely why I didn't get a new $200 headset that wasn't some unified standard that could work on PC or something. I knew MS would make this gen stuff incompatible with the next to sell more.

It's also why I didn't buy any more XBLA or Games on Demand this year since they also don't carry over.

That said, thanks for pinpointing the song. When I watched that Call of Duty trailer I couldn't put my finger on why it was so familiar. I kept picturing Kat from Reach in my mind and I didn't know subconsciously I was thinking of that amazing live action trailer where the old Noble Six delivers the bomb.

Fotos

Honestly, they're becoming more and more like Nintendo every day. They have this "Fuck everyone else, im doing my own thing even if everyone is telling me not to" attitude. Its getting absolutely ridiculous now. I absolutely despise the playstation controller and yet im still thinking of taking the plunge anyway. Fuck this man.

Just wait till E3.

Madness

Weren't you telling me yesterday to wait for E3, we'll get more details etc.

I'm pretty sure E3 this year will decide which console gets the early lead in sales. Anything can happen in a gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom