• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT17| We Flew Out Members To Make This OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wait till E3.

I am, but they're going to have to really blow me away at this point, and i dont mean with more COD next gen dogs.

Weren't you telling me yesterday to wait for E3, we'll get more details etc.

I'm pretty sure E3 this year will decide which console gets the early lead in sales. Anything can happen in a gen.

Ya but right now, im losing faith real fast. I hoping for the best, but with MSs recent history with Windows 8 (which i fucking hate) aren't giving me much hope with the console side either. I really REALLY hope im wrong.

Fotos

Weren't you telling me yesterday to wait for E3, we'll get more details etc.

I'm pretty sure E3 this year will decide which console gets the early lead in sales. Anything can happen in a gen.

Xbox is going to lead no matter what happens.

The Tritton Warheads H4 Edition were £220 I think. Maybe that?

money_down_toilet-2.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Just checked and they're selling new for £240 on Amazon.co.uk, only via third party sellers.

I thought he meant a chat headset. Not full blown headphones.

The Trittons will still work for game audio, and chat will work via Kinect (which will have much better mics and noise isolation) so while it sucks to lose a piece of functionality like that, it's not exactly new for console gen-shifts. Hopefully there will be an adapter solution for stuff like that.

daedalius

You're really surprised headsets/amps that were designed for the 360 don't work with the new box?

I mean, its unfortunate, but unsurprising.

Kibbles

This whole snap window stuff could have some great potential. Skype while playing games, Twitch while playing games, Browser while playing games. Netflix while playing games. Browser + Netflix. Skype + Netflix

I mean its not a system seller but it could be fun to use.

Also having the ability to jump completely to other things is useful. In game recording is good.

Looking at the few positives the consoles has is nice. The controller looks good. 1000 friend limit.

I hope none of you Xbox One nerds didn't recently buy a fresh set of Astros.

Xbox One incompatible with all current headsets
Fuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. I got Astros earlier this year. Actually doesn't really matter wasn't looking to get a XOne after the recent news, at least not at Launch.

I just have some cheaper turtle beaches. Buying accessories over like 50 bucks these days considering how quickly technology turnover is just seems like bad news.

Your first point is a made up number. LOL. Ok, here we go:

55 MM views is definitely a big number, but with it being a niche sci-fi show I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of that is repeat views (I watched every GoT episode multiple times, some people watch LoTR dozens). Then you have to factor in how many people didn't finish watching the video. Is 55 MM every episode combined? Then you divide that by the number of episodes. Is 55MM just episode one? Then what's the drop off from episode to episode? You talk about trends, but you don't really know what they are.

Ok now let's continue now that I just explained you how 55 MM on youtube doesn't mean shit.

Let's talk about advertising. Advertisements works on a small fraction of the people who are exposed to them. Not only that, but it takes repeated efforts to get them to stick in someone's mind. Then you need to shove it down their throats more if you want them to buy something If you want I'll go grab a quote from one of my many guerrilla marketing books to "back it up".

4. Improved live action blah, blah blah. Yeah, they didn't do anything after FUD, so that was a waste of words.

NEXT

5. I don't even know what you're talking about. You start off with numbers, then end with "word of mouth". Well spoken. Really.

Sooooo where are the metrics in your argument? 55 MM is a number, so is $10 MM, and so is 20,000.

Logic and reading comprehension, get some. Ok when you think 55 mil views is nothing and a total turd I just have to add you to an ignore list. Glad you don't run my company or work for me. Your reply did not comprehend anything I wrote, try some highlights, here perhaps shorthand gets through to you; say 5 mil, play with numbers, 10 times each, TV series after FuD, gamers viral chat when not watching FuD, free press the world over.
Ignore list now a grand total of, 3 including you.

Shadders

The Trittons will still work for game audio, and chat will work via Kinect (which will have much better mics and noise isolation) so while it sucks to lose a piece of functionality like that, it's not exactly new for console gen-shifts. Hopefully there will be an adapter solution for stuff like that.

Ahh ok. It was the Trirron Warheads yeah, It might have been £220, rather than £250.

I assume I can still set it up to have party chat come through the headset? I guess that wouldn't be so bad..

Is there any info about whether or not the PS4 will feature a new headset port designed to hike prices? I'm not feelin' the Xbox One yet, at least not until I see some games.

Logic and reading comprehension, get some. Ok when you think 55 mil views is nothing and a total turd I just have to add you to an ignore list. Glad you don't run my company or work for me. Your reply did not comprehend anything I wrote, try some highlights, here perhaps shorthand gets through to you; play, 10 times each, TV series after FuD, gamers chat when not watching FuD, free press the world over.
Ignore list now a grand total of, 3 including you.

Viral clips on youtube get a bunch, doesn't make those things successful or good.

Shadders

The warhead interfaces with the console not the controller. I wonder if that will still work.

I think it goes through optical and the analogue socket, right? And the analogue socket has been removed so it'll just be the audio that comes through the optical.

Hmm..

Do you know the really annoying thing. 18 months from now I'll but another bloody headset to work properly with X1. I'm doing exactly what they want me to do.

moneydowntoilet.jpg

I hadn't even thought about it when I bought my headset last year.

I probably should have. Oh well. I should be asleep. You too Shadders.

Fuchsdh

Just checked and they're selling new for £240 on Amazon.co.uk, only via third party sellers.

Similar prices on eBay.

What does one say to this?

That it's stupid to spend money on a pricey accessory that Microsoft has never made any suggestion they would commit to supporting for the next generation?

I think it goes through optical and the analogue socket, right? And the analogue socket has been removed so it'll just be the audio that comes through the optical.

Hmm..

Do you know the really annoying thing. 18 months from now I'll but another bloody headset to work properly with X1. I'm doing exactly what they want me to do.

moneydowntoilet.jpg

I think its Optical only. My receiver only has 2 wires and one is power.

Ramirez

lol, there's no way you'd be able to hear chat audio coming from the Kinect if you were wearing the headphones...?

Shadders

I hadn't even thought about it when I bought my headset last year.

I probably should have. Oh well. I should be asleep. You too Shadders.

Aye, bedtime.

Gotta be up at 6 tomorrow too, because my son has a school trip and needs to be dropped off before 7. I didn't sign up for this.

I think its Optical only. My receiver only has 2 wires and one is power.

Shit, you're right. It connects like the bluetooth/wireless headset, doesn't it? So maybe will still be supported then? I was thinking of the Trigger headset which goes through the analogue port as it only does stereo.

IHaveIce

Banned
^^^^ could be my cat

It would be so much better if chat wouldn't need an extra input.

But well I hope you are right and there will be adapters. Kinect chat won't be the quality of Astros, eventhough they will be improved.

That it's stupid to spend money on a pricey accessory that Microsoft has never made any suggestion they would commit to supporting for the next generation?
GAF the place where there is a defense for everything

Fracas

#fuckonami
Wait, are there not going to be any next gen headsets that use a built in mic? All game chat is through Kinect? No way

Ah now, to be the fair to the people who bought it, paying £250 for what's practically a first party product within 12 months of their next one... it's not unfair to desire that'd you be considered.

That's a quarter of a grand. Sterling. Real money.

I'm babbling. I'm tired. Night.
Wait, are there not going to be any next gen headsets that use a built in mic? All game chat is through Kinect? No way
No, there probably will be. There is a new proprietary slot in the controller.
But no headset in the box, one of the better moves for the 360.

kylej

Banned
chill broheims all will be made clear in due time. hopefully watchdogs is launch I wanna break in the xBone with that bad boy

Yea if Kinect works as the mic. Thats good, especially if they make a wireless headset. Id love to walk around room truly wireless with headset and controller.

Should call it Xbox1000 cause thast probably what its going to cost after games and accessories and subscriptions.

No. The console ships without a headset, Kinect has improved features for voice and is the default input. Headsets will be sold separately and allow both voice and in game audio.

Yea if Kinect works as the mic. Thats good, especially if they make a wireless headset. Id love to walk around room truly wireless with headset and controller.

The warheads are fully wireless which is great. It dosnt connect to the controller and has some 360 UI integration. (The Guide show battery life). The range seems bad but maybe is the location of the receiver.

Hopefully next gen headsets are like that

Risen

I for one don't like the idea of an "open mic." People have kids, pets and obnoxious significant others.

I have so much of all of this... or well, I AM the obnoxious significant other, but other than that, good Lord I don't want to use the Kinect mic lol.

I have so much of all of this... or well, I AM the obnoxious significant other, but other than that, good Lord I don't want to use the Kinect mic lol.

I was actually thinking of TD when I wrote that because he says some stuff other people shouldn't be hearing >_>.

Anyway do people actually use these fucking products they make anymore? Does no one question decisions?

I don't like an open mic either. Barking dogs are bad enough now imagine when its stood in front of the thing.

Edit: and how do you quickly mute a kinect when i have a private conversation with my GF

blamite

Shipping every 360 with a headset was an amazing move for making in-game chat so popular. Replacing that with Kinect and breaking compatibility with everyone's current headsets i huge mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom