• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT17| We Flew Out Members To Make This OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

FUD was pretty much advertisement for Halo 4, while acting as a prologue, and perhaps introduction to the series for new players.

Logical that the Halo TV series is the same for Halo 5

All I remember from FUD were teenagers and "call me Master Chief" and so far Halo 4 hasn't delivered on either.

It was just shitty fan service for the canon/lore/campaign/book nerds. Thats cool and all. But then you have ONE 50K Ford truck contest for the people who actually are still playing your MM MP service everyday.

50K compared to 10M. You dont even need to know maths to realize how ridiculous that is.

You could have a Ford Raptor tournament every weekend for 4 years for 10M. That would be fucking INSANE hype.

Shadders

Why didn't they confirm what Spielberg will actually be doing on the show? From what he said he might just be looking forward to watching it..

Booties

Banned
It was just shitty fan service for the canon/lore/campaign/book nerds. Thats cool and all. But then you have ONE 50K Ford truck contest for the people who actually are still playing your MM MP service everyday.

50K compared to 10M. You dont even need to know maths to realize how ridiculous that is.

You could have a Ford Raptor tournament every weekend for 4 years for 10M. That would be fucking INSANE hype.

Yeah, 343 really didn't handle the marketing and advertising aspect of the business plan well. Shoulda just outsourced it with everything else. I think that's one of the few things Bungie outsourced, and we got the Believe campaign which still gets me excited for a six year old game.

daedalius

Funny, because the people who even knew FUD existed were already going to buy Halo 4 anyway. FUD was literally a useless, $10 MM turd.

i37xzjx1kTb24.gif

Ghazi

Later 343'll be tellin us how they didn't have enough money or resources for X feature, that'll be the moment we start laughing.

Booties

Banned
Later 343'll be tellin us how they didn't have enough money or resources for X feature, that'll be the moment we start laughing.

The best part of FUD was that it was released on Youtube so that they could be sure they wouldn't make any money from it.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ghost here on GAF? AWWWW YEEEAH

Just played the worst game ever on Abandon Slayer Pro, the game started with 4vs2 ( why do this...)

And we never got other players... next game we get joined in a match that stands 150 to 240 ... seriously, why don't they put people in matches that didn't even start :(

I don't think this is ever a valid excuse for 343. Microsoft is a $260 Billion Dollar company, If they can't find money or resources for the biggest game series they have then they might want to think about backing out of the business.

The only hurdles 343 should ever have to face are time limits imposed by MSG and even then it shouldn't have to because its should be a "when its done" scenario with a vague schedule. Halo 4 releasing with all the missing features should have been pushed back until it could have had those features implemented.

Don't announce a release day if its going to compromise the game.

Good to see you finally in here.

On a completely different note, I can't play with randoms anymore. I don't know if FUBAR and ExWife inflated my Truskill or something but it seems like every game I get paired up with entirely incompetent teammates and the Justice League on the opposing team. Jetpacking Assault Rifles and magic grenades everywhere.

:lol :lol :lol

It's certainly not because of me.

Regardless, excited to see what Rare has been working on.

You should. In an interview with Variety, Nancy Tellem described "the production quality of the upcoming “Halo” series on the level of HBO’s “Game of Thrones,” while other shows would resemble any high-end series on a cable or broadcast network."

http://variety.com/2013/digital/new...ppear-on-xbox-live-by-end-of-year-1200485848/
Yeah I don't want to inflate production hopes with that though. Even though it started at very high production values, it has ballooned to ridiculous heights. I don't think I've seen anything else close to Season 3 of GoT on TV in simply terms of production value.
First season cost $60 Million. Costs went up after that. More cast (who get relatively small wage) More sets, More CGI ect

Yeah $60 is probably reasonable, but the costs of that show have clearly increased significantly as you've stated.

I'm not saying that the Halo TV series can't or won't have impressive production values, but I think comparing it the production values of what is currently airing for GoT is quite lofty. I'm not going to set my expectations in that realm.

Funny, because the people who even knew FUD existed were already going to buy Halo 4 anyway. FUD was literally a useless, $10 MM turd.

Bring real quantifiable metrics and I might believe what you say. Let us play with some numbers shall we...

1. Say 5 million game purchasers already familiar with the lore watch FuD.

2. FuD as officially announced some time ago reached over 55 million views. It would be even more today.

3. Do you really think those 5 mil game owners watched FuD 10 times each? Do you not believe there is room for new gamers/viewers?

4. What of the experience for 343i and partners to produce FuD and how that leads to improved live action adverts, full TV series, vignettes etc.

5. What of word of mouth? What of YouTube trending display? What of PR releases from FuD?

It was very far from a turd mate, next time perhaps you should trial some simple metrics or you know actually provide some hard evidence as opposed to personally biased comments.

You should. In an interview with Variety, Nancy Tellem described "the production quality of the upcoming “Halo” series on the level of HBO’s “Game of Thrones,” while other shows would resemble any high-end series on a cable or broadcast network."
Uh huh. As honest and self aware as MS spinning the gamer benefits for second hand fees and 24 hour verification requirements.
I'll go with guilty until proven innocent on this one.

No interest in Killer Instinct.

I never played any of the Killer Instinct games before so I'll have to check it out if it does come out.

I hope the X1 is like $349-$399 or so. Any more than that and I'll probably have to wait for a while after it comes out :(

Regarding Forward Unto Dawn, I know plenty of people who watched the series and didn't play the games. I was working in a Customer Service/Call Center area while it was being released, and one lady asked me about it because her son loves Halo. After I explained it a bit, both her and her son watched them all, and a few other families did as well. The teenager and aliens stuff really appealed to quite a few families, IMO. Add in that each episode was what, 10-15 minutes each? They're pretty bite-sized compared to most other shows. Easy to pick up and finish quickly.

I never played any of the Killer Instinct games before so I'll have to check it out if it does come out.

I hope the X1 is like $349-$399 or so. Any more than that and I'll probably have to wait for a while after it comes out :(

Regarding Forward Unto Dawn, I know plenty of people who watched the series and didn't play the games. I was working in a Customer Service/Call Center area while it was being released, and one lady asked me about it because her son loves Halo. After I explained it a bit, both her and her son watched them all, and a few other families did as well. The teenager and aliens stuff really appealed to quite a few families, IMO. Add in that each episode was what, 10-15 minutes each? They're pretty bite-sized compared to most other shows. Easy to pick up and finish quickly.
A big German electronic retailer chain has pre-order up for 699€. lol. No pre-order up for PS4 yet.

Yea I'll be on Reach tonight Devo.

Also whats this Zero Lag thing they keep talking about...like within the Xbox to the NIC? There cant be zero lag outside of that, due to the physical world...Wires, Different Hops and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom