HaloGAF Halo 5: Guardians Launch Montage |OT|
HaloGAF Unofficial Discord Group
Skill Rank List
All Halo 5 DLC maps will be free
Halo 5 Review Thread
Halo 5 introduces the REQ system. It designed to reward and encourage players to play Halo 5 by giving them points and cards that can be exchanged for in game items.
- Requisition (REQ): A REQ is an unlockable item that comes in the form of weapons and armors, skins, assassination animations, and more.
- REQ Points: Players will earn REQ Points after each match in Arena or Warzone matchmaking, which can then be redeedmed for REQ Packs containing a variety of Requisition Cards (REQ Cards) in the form of unlockable weapons, armors, vehicles, and more.
- REQ Cards: Varying in type and rarity, REQ Cards offer a massive variety of items including single use items and permanent items. We’ll take a look at a few cards today.
- REQ Packs: REQ Packs contain REQ Cards, and come in multiple varieties – more on that later. Each pack contains a wide array of items. REQ Packs can be purchased with REQ Points earned for free in-game, or with real-world money. A portion of each REQ Pack purchased with real-world money will directly contribute to the Halo World Championship prize pool. As a reminder, while players will earn REQ Packs across both Arena and Warzone, only cosmetic items can be used in Arena Multiplayer.
- REQ Store: Players can easily access the REQ Store from the Spartan Hub, which will allow them to acquire REQ Packs. It’s worth noting that aside from a few select exclusive items, everything in REQ System can be acquired through the regular course of play by earning REQ Points and redeeming them for REQ Packs.
- REQ Collection: The REQ Collection allows players to view the full suite of available REQ Cards. By filtering through the list, players can see not only the REQs they own, but also examine those they’ve yet to unlock. Additionally, players may manage their collection by selling individual single use REQs back into the system for REQ Points they can then use to unlock additional REQ Packs.
What are promotional REQ packs?
A promotional REQ pack is a type of Halo 5 REQ pack that often can only be earned by redeeming a unique code. They contain, in addition to the normal assortment of randomized cards, special pre-determined items. These pre-determined items are also, in some cases, exclusive to the promotional REQ pack they come in. They can be earned through various promotions, such as pre-ordering Halo 5 at a participating retailer or buying specially marked products, such as those from Mega Bloks, McFarlane Toys, or even Hot Pockets.
Thanks to MrBrandonPotts on the Waypoint forums for compiling a massive list of how to get REQ points in the wild.
No spoilers, so no story information. However, it is known that you will be playing with Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris.
Customise Your Spartan
NeoGAF Spartan Company Thread
Waypoint Spartan Company Directory
HaloGAF Spartan Company
This new mode pits two teams of 12 players against each other as they vie for map control and dominance in some of the biggest maps in the Halo franchise. Fighting against and alongside AI controlled units, players can utilise the full REQ experience and earn points to call in weapons and vehicles into the battlefield. Warzone is the only massive multiplayer experience available in Halo 5 at launch.
A Warzone variant, with no AI, is also provided.
Arena is the equal start, competitive Halo experience that has defined the series. The Arena forms the basis of Halo 5 as a compeitive e-sport and provides players with a skilled based compeitive experience. REQ packs and points can be earned in Arena, but no used.
No JIP: You will never join an Arena match that's already in progress.
Competitive Skill Ranking (CSR): When you play Halo 5 for the first time, you'll first have to complete a series of "placement matches" before receiving a CSR. Finish 10 games and you'll be placed into one of seven CSR ranks
Matchmaking: The algorithm prioritizes match quality "above all else." This begins by attempting to find other combatants at your exact CSR. If that's not enough, the pool will be widened to include players who are "around your same skill."
Seasons: These challenge players to reach the highest CSR possible in one month. They take place in "select Seasonal Arena playlists" and reset every month. Special cosmetic rewards are given to top players.
Single elimination, team based slayer. You have one life and do not revive. Kill the enemy team before they kill your team. Multiple rounds ensures you can lose a few and still rally back to victory.
Do the kills on the other team faces.
Capture the Flag
Satisfy your team's pole fetish hording needs. Juggle the flag to victory.
It's like territories. Except not territories. But it's totally territories.
Listen to the OST
Building the Biggest Forge Yet
Cinema First Look
#Hunt the Truth
Hunt the Truth, is an ongoing marketing podcast story series providing a closer look at the background of the Halo universe, setting up Halo 5. The series is perfect for new fans and die hards fans alike and introduces new and old story concepts from the extend Halo universe and provides a few story hooks that lead into the Halo 5 storyline. It is easily one of the best Halo releases outside of the video games and a must listen.
Pointless but nice comment visualiser
These recent books will flesh out many of the characters in Halo 5, and will set up various story beats and ideas that the game will explore.
A comic series featuring changing story arcs and characters that fill many gaps between Halo 4 and Halo 5. Features both some of the best and worst art ever drawn for the Halo franchise.
Live streamed launch night party from all over the world. Come watch and see how marketing can blow their remaining budget. Cosplayers inbound.
0. Making Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_M3MrGb_Ks
1. Balance - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krQ3QHRDmKk
2. Give and Take - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK10KBbRYRg
3. Prophets - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYOuSUbxokg
4. New Tricks - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kbL1qAs_yM
5. Shutdown - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuT8-Ci05bQ
6. Gold - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5otTVZ9fZuc
1. All In - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5TajpGn0tU
2. Osiris - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGlJv_AIU8Q
3. Warzone Wednesday - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot5KxRSM5w0
4. Showtime - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wgx4E_21D4
1. Composer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQDkJwenbUE
2. Press Start - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeCG8O5jAcA