• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Big Ass Superior Thread of Learning Japanese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alanae

hey all

hoping someone can help me with a stupid beginning study question that's been bothering me.

what are the rules for when nouns can "stack" together vs. when they need の?

for example: you can have 練習試合 (a practice game) or 連続二塁打 (consecutive doubles) but per Genki I a Japanese professor should be 日本語の先生 and a green sweater is 緑のセーター.

is there a rule that governs when you use の to link nouns and when you stack them?
it's more a case of the former 2 being "set" compound words, while the latter two aren't, as they could just have well otherwise been a 英語の先生 or a ピンクのセーター for example.
練習の試合 would technically be fine too, but since the two words are used in combination often, it's clear what is meant with the combination and the の will be omitted most of the time.
There are cases where the the の won't be able to be omitted at all, often because of what you mean becoming unclear without it.
Kanji is the biggest wall though, but eventually you get enough kanji and vocab to figure stuff out. At least with English its phonetic and that makes learning words a bit easier. The hard part of English is grammar.

I wish those people who did Japanese subs for anime were more up to date though. I need to transition from English subs to Japanese ones. Considering that my Japanese is improved from over a year ago.
the subs are mainly just ripped from the tv airing of the shows (hence having delays due to advertisements). A lot of shows don't have any, which is a pity.

懐かしい。たしか正確には「強敵と書いて友と読む m9( ・`ω ・´)」だよ。

最後にジャンプ(子供向け漫画雑誌)を手に取ったのがいつだか思い出せないくらい昔の話なので記憶が確かじゃないけど、ジャンプでは漢字には全部フリガナが振られていると思う。
自分の小さい時を思い出してみると、字を読んだり語彙を習得するのに漫画が一番の教材になっていたと思う。
あの頃の漫画は今のと比べて数十倍面白かったし

TVゲームについてはその頃はまだ漢字が使われてなかったし、今のゲームに比べてテキスト量は少ないし。。。
ジャンプの連載で今でも漢字に全部ふりがなを付いてる
いい勉強資料になれると思うけれど、私は最近エロゲーしか何も読まなくなっちゃった。
私は何回かレトロゲームを試したことがあるが、漢字より、全部仮名で書いた作品のほうが読みづらいと思う (´~`)

Beckx

it's more a case of the former 2 being "set" compound words, while the latter two aren't, as they could just have well otherwise been a 英語の先生 or a ピンクのセーター for example.
練習の試合 would technically be fine too, but since the two words are used in combination often, it's clear what is meant with the combination and the の will be omitted most of the time.
There are cases where the the の won't be able to be omitted at all, often because of what you mean becoming unclear without it.

Thank you! Thinking of this in terms of "when can の be omitted" unlocked the concept for me. I was thinking of it in reverse terms "when is の required". I ran some searches with the former and got immediate results whereas the later never turned up anything. It's funny because the entry for の in the basic japanese grammar dictionary mentions, at the very end, "when の cannot be omitted" but never mentioned the concept otherwise, so I just missed it.

Of course the bad news is that it seems to be a situation where unless you know that の is typically omitted, then you can end up sounding unnatural or stilted, but that is what it is.

Alanae

Thank you! Thinking of this in terms of "when can の be omitted" unlocked the concept for me. I was thinking of it in reverse terms "when is の required". I ran some searches with the former and got immediate results whereas the later never turned up anything. It's funny because the entry for の in the basic japanese grammar dictionary mentions, at the very end, "when の cannot be omitted" but never mentioned the concept otherwise, so I just missed it.

Of course the bad news is that it seems to be a situation where unless you know that の is typically omitted, then you can end up sounding unnatural or stilted, but that is what it is.
I don't think it's something you'd really need to think about much.
If you always see it without, you'd automatically feel it would be odd if you were to write it with.
Not to mention compound nouns will almost usually be without
If you're really unsure you could always google the word and see which one gives you the most hits.

Alanae

Alanae, do you talk to Japanese people regularly, live in Japan or visit Japan frequently?
I sometimes chat for fun in japanese with others that are studying the language.
My production still needs a lot of work, I ought try and spend more time trying to chat with people that are fluent so I can practice properly.
Otherwise I just read a lot, I've never been in japan before.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
懐かしい。たしか正確には「強敵と書いて友と読む m9( ・`ω ・´)」だよ。

最後にジャンプ(子供向け漫画雑誌)を手に取ったのがいつだか思い出せないくらい昔の話なので記憶が確かじゃないけど、ジャンプでは漢字には全部フリガナが振られていると思う。
自分の小さい時を思い出してみると、字を読んだり語彙を習得するのに漫画が一番の教材になっていたと思う。
あの頃の漫画は今のと比べて数十倍面白かったし

TVゲームについてはその頃はまだ漢字が使われてなかったし、今のゲームに比べてテキスト量は少ないし。。。

そっか!「強敵」の方だったのですね。最後に読んだのが随分昔なのでうろ覚えでした。

ちなみに、日本語でゲームを遊び始めたのはPS1/PS2の時代だったので、RPGとかだと漢字がもう当たり前で音声も入っているものがあり、かなり良い教材でした。

So my fellow learners, how is it going on your side?

Me, still with the whiteboard method but these past weeks I only kept reviewing the first 500 kanjis and their vocabulary words, while adding up the grammar. I did great progress on that side, but on listening comprehension I still suck, it's painful to discuss with Japanese people (for me and for them).

Wow, really impressed by anyone using the whiteboard method! I joined Wanikani a little bit after the new year, and that's definitely the method that clicked with me. I had tried previously doing the Heisig method, and dipped my toe into Tae Kim and a couple Anki decks, but got burned out on all of those pretty quickly. I wouldn't last a week doing the whiteboard method haha.

Kinda proud at the progress I've made so far in Wanikani. I just got to level 7 a couple days ago, and so far I've learned 242 Kanji, and 648 vocab (hugely varying levels of "learned". About 30 of each are still in the early stages of being learned). It's definitely not the fastest method, but it's been easy to make it a habit to spend 20-30 minutes 2-3 times a day knocking out my reviews, and once a week or so I'll have ~50 lessons that I'll knock out all at once. I was feeling a little burned out at the beginning of level 6 and put off doing those lessons for a while, but after a couple days of just reviews I dove back into it. Should finish level 60 in about 2 years or so based on my current pace, which is about what I was expecting when I started.

Haven't really done any grammar studies yet. I cracked open Genki, but just read through the first chapter or two. WaniKani recommends starting grammar studies at level 5, so I'm a little bit behind. I've always found learning grammar to be tough for any language, so I'm not super excited about that. I'll probably start Genki in earnest today or tomorrow, and hopefully EtoEto opens up sometime soon.

Stalk

Whiteboard is going ok for me. Had a little bit of time management trouble with it this week since I'm about two weeks in and work has been picking up due to a delivery date - but it's about making the time I suppose! Practicing with my tutor on Monday goes ok but it's very slap dash.

Need to remember to write my lang8 stuff more frequently than I have done tbh.

Resilient

can't believe it's already fucking April. I've been camping around Australia the past week so haven't done shit. Brought my books but lol haven't looked at shit. Keep pushing whiteboard brehs!

Porcile

I packed my whiteboard with me but i've been way too busy and sick to do any Japanese language study since I got here. I'm picking up so i'll be back on the train soon.

When does the booking for JLPT open? I figured I'd just scare myself into taking the level 1 test, but I can't see my listening getting up to that level any time soon.

Resilient

I looked it up. Opens tomorrow till the end of April in Japan. Unless that's what you meant?

i assumed it was the same worldwide (thats the AU cut off date) and couldnt be bothered looking it up to correct it, so i gave you that answer :)

i was also hungover af

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Got in an interesting discussion on pronunciation over in the LearnJapanese subreddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LearnJapanese/comments/4c1h1a/why_is_there_a_u_in_the_middle_of_arigato/

Some folks are saying that there is no difference in pronunciation when it comes to sounds like おう and おお, and ええ and えい in many words. The argument is that while the Kana must be written in one way, it achieves the same prolonged sound.

I strongly disagree with this (in the majority of cases) based on my own experience and what I hear every day, but the Monbu Kagakusho does recognize that stuff like えい can just be pronounced as a prolonged え, and there are some Japanese people online making similar arguments.

I figured I'd bring the discussion into this thread and see what all of you think. Hopefully folks like Kilrogg and others who are more well versed in Linguistics can chime in, too!

Got in an interesting discussion on pronunciation over in the LearnJapanese subreddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LearnJapanese/comments/4c1h1a/why_is_there_a_u_in_the_middle_of_arigato/

Some folks are saying that there is no difference in pronunciation when it comes to sounds like おう and おお, and ええ and えい in many words. The argument is that while the Kana must be written in one way, it achieves the same prolonged sound.

I strongly disagree with this (in the majority of cases) based on my own experience and what I hear every day, but the Monbu Kagakusho does recognize that stuff like えい can just be pronounced as a prolonged え, and there are some Japanese people online making similar arguments.

I figured I'd bring the discussion into this thread and see what all of you think. Hopefully folks like Kilrogg and others who are more well versed in Linguistics can chime in, too!

For what it is worth, my Japanese language textbook (Genki mind you, idk how respected it is) also argued this.

RangerBAD

I might be doing it wrong, but I stress the う and the い slightly. Like ew and e.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

Wait, I'm an expert in linguistics now? lol
I can only offer my opinion as a former student/practicioner of the language, honestly.

えい and ええ can be different, but not necessarily. If you say ええ (as in ええ、そうです。, which is pretty much the only example I can think of, short of loan words), the sound is less open than in せんせい. For French speakers out there, it's kinda like the difference between "é" and "è". Besides, えい can be pronounced as a prolonged え or as え + い, though the い tends to be diminished in my experience, not full-blown い. It depends on how you wanna emphasize the word I guess. From my experience it's especially true when singing.

おう and おお to me are pretty much identical, though again you could say the う in a very subtle way, especially when singing. Then again, how many actual instances of おお are there anyway? おおきい? What else?

RangerBAD

I can only offer my opinion as a former student/practicioner of the language, honestly.

えい and ええ can be different, but not necessarily. If you say ええ (as in ええ、そうです。, which is pretty much the only example I can think of, short of loan words), the sound is less open than in せんせい. For French speakers out there, it's kinda like the difference between "é" and "è". Besides, えい can be pronounced as a prolonged え or as え + い, though the い tends to be diminished in my experience, not full-blown い. It depends on how you wanna emphasize the word I guess. From my experience it's especially true when singing.

おう and おお to me are pretty much identical, though again you could say the う in a very subtle way, especially when singing. Then again, how many actual instances of おお are there anyway? おおきい? What else?

Osaka?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Haha! Not sure why, but I guess I just got the impression that you had some background in linguistics. Maybe it was because you knew a lot of grammatical and pronunciation-related terms.

But, yeah, I think we have the same understanding when it come to how the pronunciation works.

Depending on the word, there is definitely less emphasis on the い or う in standard pronunciation (unless the speaker is stressing each syllable on purpose). Stuff like 先生 (however 先制 in 先制攻撃 would have more emphasis on the い) and ありがとう, but they still aren't *exactly* the same as a double え or double お. 法務(ほうむ)isn't exactly the same as ホーム, for example.

On that note, I imagine a lot of instances of the double お sound are in Katakana words like ホーム、ボール、モール、 etc. Then again, there are verbs like 通る(とおる) and 凍る(こおる), which are again ever so slightly different compared to 放る(ほうる)...

"Eego" sounds like Eggo, as in the waffle. "Eigo" sounds like a Japanese person saying 英語

That reddit discussion sounded like people reciting what they read in their textbook instead of paying attention to how Japanese people actually talk.

Do you hear any difference between the え in お姉ちゃん and the い in 先生 or お礼?because I don't. How about てめえ? おめえ? すげえ?

I use to think that there was a difference, but on reflection I think it was just a relic of me learning the words in written form and internalizing the spellings.

urfe

Didn't read thread properly.

Edit: I will say that I think native English speakers have issues without saying diphthongs. I definitely did, and my accent most shows with elongated vowels.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I don't care about reddit, but if anyone in this thread thinks there isn't a difference between ei and ee, or anyone that pronounces words like eiga or teinei as ee instead of e-i.. you're a moron.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Haha! Not sure why, but I guess I just got the impression that you had some background in linguistics. Maybe it was because you knew a lot of grammatical and pronunciation-related terms.

But, yeah, I think we have the same understanding when it come to how the pronunciation works.

Depending on the word, there is definitely less emphasis on the い or う in standard pronunciation (unless the speaker is stressing each syllable on purpose). Stuff like 先生 (however 先制 in 先制攻撃 would have more emphasis on the い) and ありがとう, but they still aren't *exactly* the same as a double え or double お. 法務(ほうむ)isn't exactly the same as ホーム, for example.

On that note, I imagine a lot of instances of the double お sound are in Katakana words like ホーム、ボール、モール、 etc. Then again, there are verbs like 通る(とおる) and 凍る(こおる), which are again ever so slightly different compared to 放る(ほうる)...

It's true I like to bandy words about like "pitch accent" and whatnot, but that's more of a byproduct of my formal studying of the language (i.e. majoring in Japanese at school) and a general interest in those things. If people like Dragona - you know, actual linguistics experts - were still around, they would thoroughly hand my ass to me. When push comes to shove, my knowledge of Japanese linguistics is somewhat superficial I'm afraid.

I have an analytical mind when it comes to learning the spoken part of languages. I need to be able to break down the pronunciation, accent, intonation and rhythm of a given language in order to fully grasp all its nuances and improve my accent. I apply the same principle to both English and Japanese.

I think it's largely a matter of position and pitch accent. There are many instances where I do hear a difference, but I'm not sure I hear the difference between 法務 and ホーム for instance. To me, they do sound exactly the same, and I'm inclined to believe it's because the words are otherwise identical, even down to the pitch accent (first syllable) if Rikaisama is to be believed. The two people in Rikaisama even pronounce both the same way. Maybe some Japanese people would pronounce those differently, I wouldn't be surprised, but I don't think they would ALL do that ALL the time.

How do they sound different to you? If you could record yourself saying them I'd appreciate it.

Do you hear any difference between the え in お姉ちゃん and the い in 先生 or お礼?because I don't. How about てめえ? おめえ? すげえ?

I use to think that there was a difference, but on reflection I think it was just a relic of me learning the words in written form and internalizing the spellings.

I hear a difference between お姉ちゃん and 先生 for instance, yeah. The latter is more open than the former (again, much like "è" vs. "é" in French), but whether it's solely a spelling thing or a matter of where the sound is positioned in the word and where the pitch accent falls I'm not sure.

I haven't read the reddit thing, and so I don't know if the basis on which they argue is sound, but regardless, to me it's no surprise that there would be a debate about that stuff. It's very subtle.

Edit: I will say that I think native English speakers have issues without saying diphthongs. I definitely did, and my accent most shows with elongated vowels.

They do. Many people whose native language is stress-based (e.g. English, German) will have a problem wrapping their heads around the rhythm, length and pronunciation of Japanese vowels. By contrast, French speakers for instance tend to have an easier time with that. I should know, I'm one of them.

I don't care about reddit, but if anyone in this thread thinks there isn't a difference between ei and ee, or anyone that pronounces words like eiga or teinei as ee instead of e-i.. you're a moron.

My favorite asshole! Good to have you back, man. I was wondering if you got perm'd. Glad you're not.

I can't blame people too much. The difference can be subtle, some people will mark it stronger than others, and, as I said above, it's also a pitch accent/positional thing. In some cases, I maintain that the difference in pronunciation between one and the other is virtually non-existent, if not completely.

That said, while I'll always defer to people like you and Zefah for 99% of all things Japanese - you guys have a much, much better command of the language than I do, let's not kid myself here -, pronunciation and accent is the one aspect where I generally need proof before buying what people tell me, no matter how fluent they are. Sharpening one's ear, mouth, tongue and throat tends to be the trickiest part for most people, even the best. I've seen people as proficient as interpreters struggle in the subtlest ways. While I myself am nowhere near perfect on that front, I largely trust myself over most people when it comes to those aspects.

I'd love to hear in what way(s) you think they're different more specifically. Like, I get that you can pronounce 映画 with a subtle い in there - in fact, I would tend to pronounce it like that myself -, but if you're saying that there are no Japanese people who would pronounce it ええ, then to me it's just as crazy as saying there never is a difference between えい / ええ and おお / おう. It really depends on the word and the pronunciation habits of the person, even if they're a native speaker.

In short: it's not as clear-cut as you're making it out to be.

Care to elaborate? I don't mind being proven wrong. I'm just not buying it so far.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Funny you mention お姉ちゃん, as that one in particular can often turn into おねいちゃん depending on the tone of the person saying it.

Strictly speaking, though, it's definitely different to 先生 and お礼 and 英語. Kind of like the difference in pronunciation between "nay" and the "ne" in "negative." However, I already mentioned that 先生 sometimes approaches センセー, with the い sound almost completely disappearing.

てめえ、おめえ、すげえ are all pronounced as they're written. Sometimes you'll even get a ever-so-slight pause with おめえ in between the め and え to stress the final え.

This is just me speaking from my own experience and what my ears hear, so take it with a grain of salt. I haven't run any of this through sound analysis software or whatever.

Learned me a new word right there! I thought you were insulting me at first.

Yay, Expert wasn't perma'd!

Nice to see that I probably am not crazy when it comes to this topic...

Learned me a new word right there! I thought you were insulting me at first.
Well, it is what ei, ai, and ou frequently are. lol

Also, thanks for the laugh with that reddit thread. I actually died laughing when the guy linked you fucking google translate.

But yeah, there's a reason my name is written in Japanese as ネイサン and not ネーサン... Pls don't call me a 姉さん guys thx

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, defer to the people who yell the loudest.

Really, dude? You're going to have a go at me because you're nursing a bitter grudge from all of our disagreements in nutrition and health-related threads?

I'm not saying that Kilrogg should defer to me in all things Japanese, but to imply that I (or even Expert) "yell the loudest," especially in the context of this thread, is just wildly inappropriate. You don't need to shit up an actual discussion with your snide comments that contribute nothing.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Kilrogg - people pronounce shit incorrectly in every language all over the world. There are probably 900 different ways people pronounce the word butter. So while I'm definitely not saying people don't shorten sounds or pronounce shit in a colloquial way in Japan, what I was saying was that EE and EI in Japanese are completely different, even if they sound similar in mainstream speech.

Here's an obscure example, 犬猿. If you come across this word in real life, you'll hear people say KE-N-EN, KEN-EN, and KEn-nEN. I guarantee most people in this thread wouldn't even pick up the difference between all 3 if a native person said it.

An example that's not exactly the same but still gets the point across - right now if you're reading this, say out loud the word for cloud, then say the word spider. Go ahead, I'll wait.

If you said them exactly the same, congratulations, you are not a native Japanese person.

Yeah, defer to the people who yell the loudest.

Not sure what this is implying..? Zefah and I certainly don't yell. We happen to be some of the few posters who have extensive experience living/working in Japan, and so offer a different perspective. And even if you think our attitudes aren't 'nice', we have contributed insane amounts of time to this thread, whether answering questions/pms, writing guides, or showing people that 100%ing JLPT1 is for kids.

I don't want anyone to 'defer' to me on anything because I'm not a native speaker and never will be, but it's not like we haven't earned a tiny, teeny bit of cred.

edit: nevermind, apparently Zef replied while I was typing this. wasn't aware of any outside-of-thread beef so maybe it was more directed at Zef then me. yeah. fuck you zef!!

Kilrogg - people pronounce shit incorrectly in every language all over the world. There are probably 900 different ways people pronounce the word butter. So while I'm definitely not saying people don't shorten sounds or pronounce shit in a colloquial way in Japan, what I was saying was that EE and EI in Japanese are completely different, even if they sound similar in mainstream speech.

Is this where we throw out the entire field of linguistics and assert that any deviation in pronunciation is inherently wrong, and that there's only ONE TRUE ACCENT in any given language?

I'm an expert

Is this where we throw out the entire field of linguistics and assert that any deviation in pronunciation is inherently wrong, and that there's only ONE TRUE ACCENT in any given language?

I genuinely have zero clue what this means, nor am I linguist, nor do I want to get banned one day within returning. So I think I'll just come back here next week when you've moved on to some other weird internet fight.

I genuinely have zero clue what this means, nor am I linguist, nor do I want to get banned one day within returning. So I think I'll just come back here next week when you've moved on to some other weird internet fight.

There are many ways of pronouncing "butter" in English. Assuming those speakers are native English speakers, not a single one of those ways is inherently wrong.

I'm an expert

There are many ways of pronouncing "butter" in English. Assuming those speakers are native English speakers, not a single one of those ways is inherently wrong.

Butter is spelt b-u-t-t-e-r. Some people pronounce it in ways that b is probably the only letter you even recognize from the original spelling. Even if you tell me it's not inherently wrong, it's not /ˈbədər/. There are stupid ways to pronounce shit, yes. But when someone blurs the ei in eiga into something that sounds like eega, it is still not eega. It is eiga, untrained ears just can't here that tiny accent in the middle. Accent isnt even the right word. But the drop off, the length, everything.. it's nothing like EE would sound. No one says EEga. At least, I've never heard it in ~15 years. Why the fuck am I even in this conversation.

Butter is spelt b-u-t-t-e-r. Some people pronounce it in ways that b is probably the only letter you even recognize from the original spelling. Even if you tell me it's not inherently wrong, it's not /ˈbədər/. There are stupid ways to pronounce shit, yes. But when someone blurs the ei in eiga into something that sounds like eega, it is still not eega. It is eiga, you just can't here that tiny accent in the middle. You meaning anyone with an untrained ear. No one says EEga. At least, I've never heard it in ~15 years.

Spelling doesn't dictate pronunciation, given that the spoken word existed far far far longer than the written. "Budder" is just as valid and common a pronunciation. Glottal stops aren't wrong.

You did you say you weren't a linguist. It wouldn't be the worst idea to at least brush up on it.

I'm an expert

I'm proficient at more languages than you so I don't really see the point. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

upandaway

For what it's worth there's also various sounds in languages that depending on the languages you heard as a baby, you might just physically not be able to hear with your ears (I only know this because it's my professor's research). No clue if Japanese has some of those sounds though, I kinda wanna ask him now.

I'm an expert

Which isn't really relevant to linguistics. You can be a good linguist and monolingual.

So.. go post in the monolingual threads..

Which isn't really relevant to linguistics. You can be a good linguist and monolingual.

For example: knowing that spelling doesn't dictate pronunciation. Never has, never will.

except the 'spelling' in Japanese is actually syllabic sounds. plenty of words in english are pronounced nothing like theyre spelt, that isnt true in a language like jgo.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Here's an obscure example, 犬猿. If you come across this word in real life, you'll hear people say KE-N-EN, KEN-EN, and KEn-nEN. I guarantee most people in this thread wouldn't even pick up the difference between all 3 if a native person said it.

An example that's not exactly the same but still gets the point across - right now if you're reading this, say out loud the word for cloud, then say the word spider. Go ahead, I'll wait.

If you said them exactly the same, congratulations, you are not a native Japanese person.

Good stuff. Some other fun ones are bridge (橋), edge (端), and chopsticks (箸). Or return/go home (帰る) and frog (蛙).

Examples of words that appear to be homonyms when looking at the text, but actually do not sound exactly the same when pronounced.

I'm an expert

Dude you're in some angsty, 20 year old kid that knows everything mood right now. I feel ya. Let it out and then go grab a drink.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
If pronouncing えい as ええ, etc. were at all common, I would have had a hell of a time looking up new words that I heard spoken by people and on TV, etc. In my early days of studying, I pretty much always had a pocket electronic dictionary within reach, so I could look up any word I didn't understand.

That's always been one of the easier parts of learning Japanese. What you hear is almost always what you get. It must be a nightmare for English learners to try to guess the spelling of a word based off what they heard someone say.

That's really rude to say to Zefah. Uncalled for actually.

Seriously, though. I asked you to lay off me in previous threads. Your snide and antagonistic comments are simply not welcome. If you have something to say, contribute, or argue, then just make your point instead of picking on people or talking shit by suggesting that people should "brush up" on something as if you actually have a clue but just aren't willing to enlighten the rest of us. It's really just not appreciated or conducive to any kind of constructive discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom