• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Redesign Cover Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitruviux

Banned
NekoFever said:
Some of you guys would have an aneurism if you saw my mixed-region PS2 collection. We've got PAL games with their uniform white background with black text spines, Japanese ones, US ones with the cover art wrapping around to the spine, bright yellow Japanese Greatest Hits ('The Best'), maroon US Greatest Hits, silver UK Platinum...

No, No, STOP!

Nizz

Just wanted to say that there is awesome work being done here. Really, the covers look great. I've tried to print covers before, but they never work out. I'm better off paying to have these done for me. :D

Sentry said:
Unfortunate that so much of the bottom had to be cut off (with the tank and troopers) but i'll take it! :D

Yeah, there wasn't much I could do about that. I was pretty disappointed that I had to crop out most of the troopers. Some of them still made it on there as well as the turret of the tank, so all was not lost.

noah111

Still Alive
Veritigo_X said:
Yeah, there wasn't much I could do about that. I was pretty disappointed that I had to crop out most of the troopers. Some of them still made it on there as well as the turret of the tank, so all was not lost.
Yup, especially because of that damn 'only on playstation' shit taking space where you could have pushed it up more. BTW i'm pretty sure WH has trophies, but no biggie.

Definitely not putting it on you obviously, just sucks because there's no way around it (other than resizing a bit which would look ugly).

ghibli99

Just wanted to stop in and say this is a cool thread. Although consistent boxart and spines are something that I don't care as much about these days as I did last generation, the work some of you are doing looks really cool and has me thinking about printing some of these out anyway. :) Again, nice work!

Sentry said:
Yup, especially because of that damn 'only on playstation' shit taking space where you could have pushed it up more. BTW i'm pretty sure WH has trophies, but no biggie.

Definitely not putting it on you obviously, just sucks because there's no way around it (other than resizing a bit which would look ugly).

Well damn. You're right about the trophies. I totally forgot they ended up patching them in later on. I edited my original post with the revision to the cover.

Jal

These are some really nice covers guys, i wish the cases were the same PS2 black, dont like the clear ones.

Yazuka

NekoFever said:
Some of you guys would have an aneurism if you saw my mixed-region PS2 collection. We've got PAL games with their uniform white background with black text spines, Japanese ones, US ones with the cover art wrapping around to the spine, bright yellow Japanese Greatest Hits ('The Best'), maroon US Greatest Hits, silver UK Platinum...
Hehe, I also have it like that. Region mixed. I just have it alphabetically.

Alright, Rock Band is done. I couldn't find a good scan of the back, so I basically had to reconstruct it from scratch. The actually images were taken from scans from the Wii and 360 versions, no PS3 scans :lol

I still have Fallout 3, Resistance: FOM, Demon's Souls, Rock Band 2, Beatles RB, Assassin's Creed, Valkyria Chronicles, Heavenly Sword, and Grand Theft Auto IV to finish up for my collection. Any preference on what I should start on first?

Dogenzaka

Banned
So are these all formatted correctly so I could technically just take the .jpg files, put them in a .psd document, save them as a .pdf and print or something?

Dogenzaka said:
So are these all formatted correctly so I could technically just take the .jpg files, put them in a .psd document, save them as a .pdf and print or something?

You might be able to do that. I just simplify the whole process by using a cover printing program like UnderCoverXP. It's a good program that's really easy to use.

Replicant

deathberry said:
Seriously? You really can't tell which one is better?

The US version

35l87pl.jpg

Hawtness.
NOT!

noah111

Still Alive
Veritigo_X said:
I still have Fallout 3, Resistance: FOM, Demon's Souls, Rock Band 2, Beatles RB, Assassin's Creed, Valkyria Chronicles, Heavenly Sword, and Grand Theft Auto IV to finish up for my collection. Any preference on what I should start on first?
Nice, i'd start with R:FoM or GTAIV, as many people should have those two. Then maybe Fallout 3, AC, etc. Keep it up though, it's quality stuff. I'm well on my way to revamping my collection.

[EDIT] Here's a half done Resistance one I found online, hopefully it's good enough so all you need to do is the back (arguably the hardest part I presume);

Foob

Veritigo_X said:
I ended up just doing it real quick so there are some places that are kinda sloppy, but this is what I came up with:

image-583D_4B7B770B.jpg

Lazarevic ended up looking a little weird since there was a giant logo over most of his body, so I was just making stuff up as I went.
I'll probably end up cleaning it up and putting the ESRB logos and stuff on it later to make it a full cover.

EDIT: Fixed up a few areas that looked bad.
I am not good with computer how do I get this with the ps3 header and all that shit

Foob said:
I am not good with computer how do I get this with the ps3 header and all that shit

Alright added the header and all that shit for you :lol

I just pasted it onto the Uncharted 2 cover, so nothing was changed except the front.

I feel like I'm in the minority here as someone who prefers the US cover over the Japanese one.

Used my gaming time during the ApocalyPS3 to finish up that Resistance: FOM cover that Sentry posted. The only thing I really did to it was the back cover and adding a new ESRB and SCE logo on the front cover.

Finished up Assassin's Creed. Since AC doesn't really have anything to do with the PSN (no trophies, no add-on content, etc), I decided to remove the PSN logo from the front banner and remove the back banner all together. I thought that would look better than just a black bar at the top.

Oh, and I also changed up the spine a little bit so it matches the AC2 spine. It looks way better on the shelf.

Kasra_2x4 said:
are these covers printable?(with good quality)

The ones I've uploaded are all pretty good quality. A lot of times the backs are a bit lower quality since they come from scans, but the fronts are all high res images. It's really up to you if you think they're good enough for your collection.

Nightz said:
What kind and what size paper should I get to have it look and feel exactly like a real PS3 cover?

I can't recommend this paper enough. It's high quality stuff thats basically the real deal.

Anyway, I finished up Demon's Souls.

Only have Fallout 3, Rock Band 2, Beatles RB, Valkyria Chronicles, and Grand Theft Auto IV left till all my games are done. I'll take pictures at some point to show how it looks on the shelf :D

Diablos

Veritigo_X said:
Metal Gear Solid 4 is done. I decided to go with the limited edition artwork since I thought it looked better than the zoom in on Snake's face.

Click for full size

Oh, and it looks like Sony is using new icons for the back cover so I'll start using those from now on.
This is so great. 100x better than the official one.

That said, I don't think I'd care enough to invest in a printer that will produce covers of the same quality.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Whoever did the Assassin's Creed cover forgot the top bar of the back of the box :p

Also, that HP link to that paper doesn't work. The link was broken.

Dogenzaka said:
Whoever did the Assassin's Creed cover forgot the top bar of the back of the box :p

Also, that HP link to that paper doesn't work. The link was broken.

Nah, I didn't forget it. Assassin's Creed doesn't have anything that would go in the black bar like multiplayer or trophies so I figured it'd look better than just having a blank black bar at the top.

And I fixed that link too.

I'm kind of disappointed with the lack of artwork and the regular junk taking up space. Here's some quick box arts I put together for Uncharted 2 using concept art from ND's website and I'd like to thank alr1ghtstart for his template. If the dimensions are off, yell at him since I'm too lazy to double check them. =P

PDFs are provided so you can print or edit if you want. I'm just hoping for more people to make prettier, custom box arts.

6MB

10MB

Veritigo_X said:
Alright, Rock Band is done. I couldn't find a good scan of the back, so I basically had to reconstruct it from scratch. The actually images were taken from scans from the Wii and 360 versions, no PS3 scans :lol

Awesome! RB2 plz! =D

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
I love this idea, after printing out the euro Heavy rain cover.
I thought man, it would be awesome if other covers had this :)

Vertigo, your next assignment is making a Netflix/PS3 cover for the standard Blu-Ray cases. I'm tired of this stupid sleeve they gave up!

Square Triangle said:
Vertigo, your next assignment is making a Netflix/PS3 cover for the standard Blu-Ray cases. I'm tired of this stupid sleeve they gave up!

There's one at The Cover Project that fits a PS3 Blu-Ray case. It'll look pretty good in a Greatest Hits Red Case. I might just crop that one a bit to fit a standard Blu-Ray case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom