• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo debuts new slogan

quesalupa

The US election was an interactive stage play the whole time. Both a game and a play. And there really is no play like it. NX isn't a console, it's the biggest multiplayer platform of all time. A "crossing" between all of us. It should have been obvious that the Donald is Bowser and we are supposed to defeat him. Based Nintendo, our true saviours.

Meciu

Looks nice (especially the "play" part), but the slogan itself is awful. Don't know why but it sounds really strange to me.

OmahaG8

You realize it's considered one of the most successful slogans of all time, right?

Not only that but "Just Do It" forms a coherent thought with two less words (three if counting contractions). Nintendo continues to find new and strange ways to miss the mark.

It's not "Now you're playing with power", but I think we can all appreciate the necessity of hammering in the correct ABXY layout for a new generation already at risk of drifting away.

NateDog

Looks nice (especially the "play" part), but the slogan itself is awful. Don't know why but it sounds really strange to me.
It's not good English, really. I can't make it sound good in my head but like others have said maybe it'll make more sense in the context of the NX.

Occam

Maybe the marketing genius that thought of this intended it to be confusing so it stays in your head?

Or maybe it just sucks.

It's a bit like nails on a chalkboard for those of us who enjoy the English language. So I'm going with the latter option.

KeRaSh

Why not "There's no play like home"?

That was my first thought but that would probably exclude their handheld business too much. They could have just slided through different fitting words to replace "home" and maybe even end with "There's no PLAY like Nintendo".

gamerMan

At least it is not like "There is no movie like it," which I feel videogames are evolving to with simplistic game play just to push along the story.

jts

...hate me...
It's nice.

This thread though, ayyyy lmao gamers. What a group of special individuals.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The use of "Play" and face buttons seems very familiar.

Ambitious

Don't have any particular feelings about the slogan, but I really do like how each of the three manufacturers has their own dedicated primary color for marketing.

hemo memo

Gold Member
You realize it's considered one of the most successful slogans of all time, right?

Yes but not for its creativity. "Just Do It" is like putting 3 random words. It's like if Square Enix used "Please Understand" as a slogan. It a 28 years old slogan about a criminal's last words. if someone came up with this idea today he/she will be fired immediately.

pqo24KW.jpg

Ice fucking cold :lol

Top Bottom