• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....

Oh, and the unnamed guy's codename is apparently Crow.

??? Unnamed guy's name is Crow? Who is the unnamed guy you're referring to, sir?

The guy whose face is covered up in the DLC ads. The artwork featuring what appears to be everyone's all-out-attack artwork apparently has "cr" in the frame with his portrait.

edit: This one, to be precise.
tumblr_o6rhy7gvNl1s5om6to1_500.jpg

Lusankya

edit: This one, to be precise.
tumblr_o6rhy7gvNl1s5om6to1_500.jpg

I really like how they all look there, can't wait to get a lot of critical hits and all-out attacks.
The outliers are Crow (looks super boring), Yusuke and Makoto. Yusuke looks so damn smug and arrogant, he could easily be a villain.
Makoto looks like the destroyer of worlds
or at least the destroy of collarbones
and probably will be a permanent member of my active party just because of her cut-in image.

I really like how they all look there, can't wait to get a lot of critical hits and all-out attacks.
The outliers are Crow (looks super boring), Yusuke and Makoto. Yusuke looks so damn smug and arrogant, he could easily be a villain.
Makoto looks like the destroyer of worlds
or at least the destroy of collarbones
and probably will be a permanent member of my active party just because of her cut-in image.

I'm seeing Crow more as serious or all-business. Though that could just be the part of me subscribed to the 'Crow is Ken' theory. :/

Makio

Funny thing in the P5 website all the names are put in the order we use in West first name first and then the last name (Yusuke , Anne , Ryuji , Haru , Makoto).

But "Sakura" is inversed Futaba first , then Sakura .... so which is her first name Futaba or Sakura....

FluxWaveZ

Funny thing in the P5 website all the names are put in the order we use in West first name first and then the last name (Yusuke , Anne , Ryuji , Haru , Makoto).

But "Sakura" is inversed Futaba first , then Sakura .... so which is her first name Futaba or Sakura....

Her first name is Futaba.

Mediking

The good times when we got all those alt outfits included with the game, it's all DLC now probably :(

It stings but there are few reasons why I'm not terribly upset: I trust Atlus not to abuse DLC, I actually don't mind paying extra because I wanna support Atlus (they totally deserve it), and lastly... I've spent my money on worse things. *sadly glances at the Division*

And besides, The Collector's Edition we will get will hopefully have all that DLC stuff included.

Lunar15

We don't know Morgana's gender for sure, btw.

True. All we have is the name "Morgana".

The ambiguity is a point towards that one generic looking dude being Morgana's human form, although I still don't think that's who that is.

Either way, given that he/she talks in an older-style voice, I think they'll be way more of a "voice of reason" than teddie. You can even see morgana berate the MC in some of his part time jobs.

Personally, for now, I'm going with girl, just simply due to the voice and the name. Sure, the VA also does chopper who is a boy, but I dunno, I get a feminine tone here.

FluxWaveZ

Ken's persona was Nemesis. Naoto's were all male.

Nemesis is true and I think there was at least one other persona user in the series whose persona was the opposite of their gender, but it should be obvious why Naoto's personas were male.

Given Hashino's ambiguity regarding Morgana for whatever reason and what Morgana even is, I just don't think it's that straightforward.

True. All we have is the name "Morgana".

The ambiguity is a point towards that one generic looking dude being Morgana's human form, although I still don't think that's who that is.

Either way, given that she talks in an older-style voice, I think she'll be way more of a "voice of reason" than teddie. You can even see her berate the MC in some of his part time jobs.

More like encouraging him with his jobs, but there's still her berating Ryuji. If she's designed to be a kind of anti-Teddie, then by all means.

Nemesis is true and I think there was at least one other persona user in the series whose persona was the opposite of their gender, but it should be obvious why Naoto's personas were male.

Given Hashino's ambiguity regarding Morgana for whatever reason and what Morgana even is, I just don't think it's that straightforward.

That's fair. The real discussion's for after the game releases and we still don't know! XD

Lunar15

She seems to be an "expert", and she's definitely using the MC towards her own gain. Seems like an extremely different character than Teddie.

artsi

I'm just going with Morgana being a tame version of bakeneko.

http://yokai.com/bakeneko/

When cats live to an old age, they begin develop supernatural powers and transform into yokai. Bakeneko begin their supernatural life looking almost identical to an ordinary housecat. Soon they begin to walk about at on their hind legs. As they age and their powers increase, they can grow to be very large, sometimes as big as a full-grown human.

Bakeneko possess great shape-shifting abilities and frequently disguise themselves as smaller cats or humans – sometimes even their own masters.

While in disguise, they like to dress up as humans with a towel wrapped around their head and dance around merrily. Many learn to speak human languages.

Old age, considering speaking style - check
Large size - check
Shapeshifter and disguises as a normal sized cat - check
Speaks human - check

FluxWaveZ

That's pretty convincing regarding the identity that is Morgana. Doesn't speak to gender, but that's probably the mythological creature they're going with.

I was looking at the preview for The Day Breakers and I think the only people who will be part of the Phantom Thief team in the special will be Joker, Morgana, Ryuji, Anne and Yusuke.

artsi

If I had to bet on gender I'd say female, Japanese love their cat girls after all and would be silly not to bank on that :p

FluxWaveZ

I've been thinking about this ever since DNAbro mentioned time zones before, but I wanted to wait until we had a date to post about it.

So:
The Persona 5 E3 2016 promo, clearly targeted towards a Japanese audience. That'd mean the "June 14" would likely correspond to Japanese time zones, as well.

The Sony E3 2016 press conference takes place on June 13, at 9:00 PM EDT. Or: June 14 at 10:00 AM JST.

E3 2016 actually officially starts on June 14 at 3:00 PM EDT. Or: June 15 at 4:00 AM JST.

Basically, there's only one event in the "June 14" time frame advertised on the Japanese website, and it's not when E3 starts.

I've been thinking about this ever since DNAbro mentioned time zones before, but I wanted to wait until we had a date to post about it.

So:

The Persona 5 E3 2016 promo, clearly targeted towards a Japanese audience. That'd mean the "June 14" would likely correspond to Japanese time zones, as well.

The Sony E3 2016 press conference takes place on June 13, at 9:00 PM EDT. Or: June 14 at 10:00 AM JST.

E3 2016 actually officially starts on June 14 at 3:00 PM EDT. Or: June 15 at 4:00 AM JST.

Basically, there's only one event in the "June 14" time frame advertised on the Japanese website, and it's not when E3 starts.

So, think the thieves are gonna crash the Sony conference, or something more conventional?

Ehh...I don't think that'd fly with the conference, honestly, neat though it'd be.

That said, stranger things have happened.

Where's that gif of an exec swinging onstage on a vine at the Taipei game conference to promote Uncharted 4?

Everything Atlus JP have said about it makes it seem like they will do a thieves crashing thing.

Or maybe they won't, just to joke about how westerners are total squares? :p

Strimei

Where's that gif of an exec swinging onstage on a vine at the Taipei game conference to promote Uncharted 4?

...ok this I need to see.

I'll be overjoyed if they actually do something like the thief reveal at E3. Thinking on what I said, there really has been some absolutely strange stuff in the past, so hell, why not?

Less than a month away~

Sophia

The thieves will crash the Sony E3 conference in the same way they crashed Persona Super Live 2015, except it'll be the English VAs this time.

I can dream, can't I?

FluxWaveZ

After all this time and anticipating previous unveils that never happened, the prospect of Persona 5 actually having any real presence at an E3 press conference is amazing, regardless of the format.

I wouldn't really expect the pomp and circumstance of Atlus' independent reveal events at a formal venue like Sony's press conference, but just seeing a trailer there would be incredible.

Sophia

After all this time and anticipating previous unveils that never happened, the prospect of Persona 5 actually having any real presence at an E3 press conference is amazing, regardless of the format.

I wouldn't really expect the pomp and circumstance of Atlus' independent reveal events at a formal venue like Sony's press conference, but just seeing a trailer there would be incredible.

Oh I dunno. Sony has done fancy reveals before. What better way than to show off a trailer and an NA/EU release date? :p

Top Bottom