• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cosmic Star Heroine E3 2016 trailer

Jeffrey

wonder how much of those slick 'cutscene art' is there in the final game. And not entirely sold on some of the cast portrait (looks a bit rpgmakery), but the sprite work is great, best yet from this studio. Can't wait to dive in to my first rpg KS.

They probly mentioning how Rob of Zeboyd Games questions on here or Twitter when an indie game gets a price of $15 or more. Even he was questioning whether to price this at $10 and while most would agree, there was also an agreement that $15 was the sweet spot for the game. After all, it is going to be a console and PC date release.
They meant that specifically, Robert, one of the developers of this game, has commented on indie game pricing in the past. Not that developers in general regret pricing above $10.

(I say this just to clarify; I don't agree with their opinion of him.)

Oh I understand now. Yeah Robert has been talking about pricing a lot, but there's more to it than just "15 is too high". With the amount of eyes on the game due to LRG and other marketing including this badass trailer, $15 is going to be fine

$15 or $20 is too high for indies that come out of nowhere, have no marketing and do nothing to differentiate themselves

The price reveal made me laugh considering how every time an indie game goes $10+ the developer is on GAF talking about how stupid a decision it was to price so high.

Will probably still get it though if the battle system holds up.

This post is so depressing.

It's only $15.

I would pay $45 for a game like this on the 3DS/Vita and not even bat an eye.

EDIT: Fully admit that I didn't comprehend your post at first and realize what you're actually referring to now. Sorry about that.

Looks alright, I'd give it a shot in a sale (because this sort of RPG Is untested ground for me so j have no idea if it's my thing...not because it's indie and I don't think it's worth it) if I had a PS4...which by the way, what ever happened to putting the platform in the title?

Totally see the Phantasy Star meets Chrono Trigger meets Grandia thing. Happy to have backed it on Kickstarter and look forward to the PC release. Congrats Zeboyd Games! (Kinda wish you had gone with a spacy chiptune-sound for the trailer, but still cool!)

wrowa

Of the top of my head, I can think of two indie games I've said here that I think would have done better at lower prices and they were both $20 and featured 8-bit/minimalist graphics. Both excellent games.

We agonized over the price for months and our Sony contact even pushed for a higher price, but in the end, we decided $15 was the sweet spot.

Honestly, after how long this has been in development, I expected the price to be closer to 30$. 15$ is a great price and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Actually, after some people proclaimed in another thread that they won't buy Cosmic Star Heroine for silly reasons, I'm inclined to buy two copies just for the heck of it.

Really impressive, Chrono Trigger and Phantasy Star vibes all around.

EDIT beaten by two posts, but this reminds me I need to start building an indie library on the PS4. Still haven't played Axiom Verge to this day.

dugdug

Banned
The price reveal made me laugh considering how every time an indie game goes $10+ the developer is on GAF talking about how stupid a decision it was to price so high.

Will probably still get it though if the battle system holds up.

Serious? $15 seems to be just the right price considering the reaction from this thread. Think they nailed the price point.

Famassu

When will the Limited Run edition release? Will you give it some room so that you can fix whatever possible bugs are found after a wide-scale digital release at first or will you push it out ASAP after the game has gone gold & released digitally?

Drencrom

Of the top of my head, I can think of two indie games I've said here that I think would have done better at lower prices and they were both $20 and featured 8-bit/minimalist graphics. Both excellent games.

We agonized over the price for months and our Sony contact even pushed for a higher price, but in the end, we decided $15 was the sweet spot.

You guys could've definitely "gotten away" with a higher price I'm sure, but a $15 price point is great and will surely persuade more buyers who might yearn for an old-fashioned, turn based JRPG this summer.

Getting this from LRG will be a nightmare won't it. I hope you planned a run that's substantially bigger than any of the games before it.

They need to release a video where they go in-depth on the mechanics and combat.

We released a 30-minute gameplay video a while ago. It's a bit old so some of the polish isn't there, but you can get a good idea of how combat works. You can check it out here.

When will the Limited Run edition release? Will you give it some room so that you can fix whatever possible bugs are found after a wide-scale digital release at first or will you push it out ASAP after the game has gone gold & released digitally?

Yeah, the Limited Run physical release will be after the initial release so we can make sure that any last-minute bugs are fixed.

Looks alright, I'd give it a shot in a sale (because this sort of RPG Is untested ground for me so j have no idea if it's my thing...not because it's indie and I don't think it's worth it) if I had a PS4...which by the way, what ever happened to putting the platform in the title?

Game is coming out on PC (Steam, Humble Store, maybe some other places too), PS4, and Vita. Cross-buy on PS4/Vita. We're going to do an XBO port as well, but I don't know when that'll be done. PC/PS4/Vita should all come out at the same time.

wonder how much of those slick 'cutscene art' is there in the final game.

There's a fair bit. They're pretty fun to make. All done via code & art assets like they did with the Sega CD Lunar games (not video files).

Meneses

All over my Vita.

I'm not crazy about the character art but everything else looks great and the price is pretty good.

RDreamer

Holy shit that looks awesome. Definitely gonna pick this up.

Really curious about the story. I know they said it wasn't a parody like some of their other RPGs, so I hope the story holds up to some of the classic RPGs this is inspired by.

Day one for me, no doubt.

Love the Phantasy Star IV jibe, and every single thing I've read about this game and that Zeboyd has released so far confirms it's 100% up my alley. Can't wait!

harSon

Banned
Wish the art outside of the ingame sprite work/character profiles was a bit better (not feeling the cutscenes), but everything outside of that looks downright amazing. I'm a huge fan of the developer so it's definitely a day one purchase for me.

Oh man this looks awesome. So glad I backed this.

Robert have you shown the base building aspect at all? Remember early you saying that there would be a suikoden style base in the game.

Top Bottom