• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Dark Forces Remaster | Review Thread

StereoVsn

Yeah but it's not exactly taking you into new areas etc...then again I suppose DLC wasn't a thing in 1995
Well, expansions was a thing depending on a game, just more rare. Games didn’t take a decade to make back then so instead of doing a DLC might as well create a new game in a couple of years.

RAIDEN1

Well, expansions was a thing depending on a game, just more rare. Games didn’t take a decade to make back then so instead of doing a DLC might as well create a new game in a couple of years.
A time when there was more creative freedom at LucasArts, it'll always be a mystery why they never made the point-and-click Star Wars game, you could have had levels broken up with a bit of Tie Fighter action thrown in...bit like you got in Super Star Wars with the speeder sections..

violence

If you’re playing with controller, I recommend setting look speed vertical to .15 in the stick options. The game just feels better.

I really like the remaster.

Last edited:
Said this in the announcement thread, but the game was barely any good back in the 90’s. Most of the levels are just bad and turned into just terrible mazes where everything looked the same. My memory of this game was getting lost way worse then any doom or wolfenstien 3d level. Thankful some reviews are calling out that part.

Some games are best left in the past.
Can't navigate the levels? Time to put you in an IKEA until you find the meatball station.

Top Bottom