• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winston's leap is basically just a big rocket boost in whatever direction you're facing, followed by losing all momentum when you contact the ground and splashing everybody around you.

So aiming his leap is mostly a matter of pointing your viewport along the parabola you want to travel on. If you point too low, you'll hit the ground too quickly. You want to point upwards. Kinematics, bro!

Also, you don't need to be on the ground to leap. You can jump first, then leap.

You can also save yourself from falling off the world by leaping upwards fast enough.

Then they simply stop shooting as soon as you deflect. That only works against Pharah and Junkrat, since you can bait them or deflect on reaction. Anyone with hitscan, they merely stop shooting for 2 seconds.

Playing Genji is always a mind game, yes he takes more effort than any other Hero to play successfully, and indeed The Bastions and players in general are learning not to be trigger happy but oh isn't he rewarding when you kill somebody, you have to be as accurate as possible with his shurikens and use his dash to its full potential always mindful of when it's being recharged etc.

Last night playing Mercy I had to push the payload by myself. I know your pain.

i did that but then i realized i should push it while everyone was around me and the payload trying to keep people away. they were close enough i can heal but far enough i don't get hit by the other but it's hard to hide behind a small payload because i can't tell if i'm being seen from the other team or not. LOL i remember i thought it was hiding behind a vase on Hanamura. saw myself on the kill cam.. nope lol

Zemm

My reaction to people saying 'just keep distance on McCree and he's easy' is like Charlie Kelly in this clip

https://youtu.be/ZXnifPfxK0Q

Like thanks for the amazing tactical advice guys, I'll just make sure I'm never close to him, can we put him in the corner of the map and ask him not to move just so it's easier for us to remain at a distance?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
One of his skins already makes him look 90% alike to MGR Raiden

Yeah but Gray Fox would be awesome.

Taking a closer look at Genji they definitely took some inspiration from Metal Gear Rising's Raiden design hehe.

But who can blame them, it's Shinkawa.

My reaction to people saying 'just keep distance on McCree and he's easy' is like Charlie Kelly in this clip

Like thanks for the amazing tactical advice guys, I'll just make sure I'm never close to him, can we put him in the corner of the map and ask him not to move just so it's easier for us to remain at a distance?
He shouldn't tear tanks apart like he currently can, but even if McCree worked as he should, the main advice for him would still be to maintain as much distance as possible.

Mupod

HELDEN STERBEN NICHT

The sound of a failed push

SEE THAT ANGEL/DEVIL/VIKING IN THE BACK?

KILL HER FIRST FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

I wonder if I should just spend a week being That Guy who picks widowmaker every match just to get practice in picking off healers.

Wanderer5

Welp reaching lv 25 and blam my 5th legendary from leveling lol. It Bedouin, so yay another legendary skin for a character that I can't get into much.

khaaan

There should be a lady gorilla, like Donkey Kong in drag. A quirky inventor ape lady who's inventions are always blowing up in her face.

She could be like Amy Rose to Winston's Sonic, right? Like, she could be all like "Winston Senpai" and he would be all "eugh, get away from me. You're such a dummy and weird." but then she would use her superior intellect to build a banana gun and her up smash could be like Wario's fart except a poop canon or something. Then Winston would be like "sorry bb, I misjudged you" but then she'd be like "You made me realize that I'm into omnics". Do omnics have genders? I don't think they should. Her and Winston would always have this awkward tension thing going on during that safe room banter. She could have all sorts of saucy lines like "Don't make me go banana's on you", "Did you just call me a monkey?" or "And they said my invention would never work, HMPH!"

Yeah, that'd be sick.

aeolist

Banned
He shouldn't tear tanks apart like he currently can, but even if McCree worked as he should, the main advice for him would still be to maintain as much distance as possible.

if they give fth a cooldown then the advice would be to bait him into using it

you can do that now with flashbang (which i've been pretty good at using tracer blink and mei invuln) but even if he can't disable you his close range damage is still stupid

Vestal

Gold Member

I wonder if I should just spend a week being That Guy who picks widowmaker every match just to get practice in picking off healers.

If im not tanking or playing support Im usually the Reaper or Tracer that is killing off the opposing teams healer.

So when I use the 3x Screenshot sometimes the background or lightings gets a bit messed up...
91e31613e3.png

I guess it's getting the screenshot of the first millisecond of what it renders but hey look how edgy this looks.

Sn4ke_911

Welp reaching lv 25 and blam my 5th legendary from leveling lol. It Bedouin, so yay another legendary skin for a character that I can't get into much.

wtf... im level 56 and sit on only 2 lousy legendary skins.

My only complaint about the game so far is it feels like I'm playing the same maps over and over. I mean, I've booted up the game 3 times today and all 3 times it put me on Kings Row. I play that map far more than the others I believe. It's always the payload maps too. I rarely get to play the KOTH ones. Is it just bad luck?

HELL OF A EDIT: Just clicked search for game....guess where I'm at? KINGS FUCKIN ROW FOR A FOURTH TIME. This cannot be coincidence.

Well, you only have a 25% chance of getting a KotH style map. 50% for a payload map, and 25% for a shitty capture the zones style map.

It's just bad luck.

there's a cue but it's quieter than most and isn't global. if she pops it far enough away you can't hear it at all.
She's a sniper. She does it far away so you can't hear her.

Granted I'm only level 20 so I guess I'm still facing noob snipers who use it too close, because I hear it all the time. I figured it was global.

so triple question mark right back atcha.

double triple question mark back atcha

DoT2

Blizzard laying down the ban hammer on cheaters! Down with the cheaters! Even banning them after they bought a new copy lol.

Has anyone come across cheating in overwatch?

There should be a lady gorilla, like Donkey Kong in drag. A quirky inventor ape lady who's inventions are always blowing up in her face.

She could be like Amy Rose to Winston's Sonic, right? Like, she could be all like "Winston Senpai" and he would be all "eugh, get away from me. You're such a dummy and weird." but then she would use her superior intellect to build a banana gun and her up smash could be like Wario's fart except a poop canon or something. Then Winston would be like "sorry bb, I misjudged you" but then she'd be like "You made me realize that I'm into omnics". Do omnics have genders? I don't think they should. Her and Winston would always have this awkward tension thing going on during that safe room banter.

Yeah, that'd be sick.

dKuckvs.gif

Muzicfreq

Banned
Because of the character selection process, I feel like I'm forced to play either a heavy or support character in 90% of the matches I play. Here's how it usually goes down.

Person 1 immediately picks Hanzo. This always happens.
Person 2 picks Reaper.
I pick McCree or Tracer.
Person 3 picks Tracer or McCree.
The two other guys don't pick anyone until the timer runs out.
I switch to Lucio because duh we need a healer.
Person 4 picks Soldier 76 or Torbjorn.
Person 5 picks Junkrat or D.Va.

I'd say this happens in at least 80% of my matches. I'm ALWAYS stuck playing a heavy (usually Reinhardt or Roadhog -- at least he's fun) or support character.
Story of my life in the game.
Though lately I just gave up and force someone else to choose now.

Sn4ke_911

Blizzard laying down the ban hammer on cheaters! Down with the cheaters! Even banning them after they bought a new copy lol.

So good, i want to bro fist the guy who pressed the BANNED button on those assholes.

I dunno. I feel like I've seen some real bullshit Widowmaker replays but maybe I'm just salty and the replay function isnt perfect. Some people are actually just good with her, though.

Blizzard is good at cracking down on cheaters, they have a zero tolerance policy and you lose everything on your bnet account, so everything in WoW/Hearthstone/Overwatch/Diablo/StarCraft, potentially thousands of dollars.

So don't fucking cheat.

Winston's leap is basically just a big rocket boost in whatever direction you're facing, followed by losing all momentum when you contact the ground and splashing everybody around you.

So aiming his leap is mostly a matter of pointing your viewport along the parabola you want to travel on. If you point too low, you'll hit the ground too quickly. You want to point upwards. Kinematics, bro!

Thanks, that's what I figured. Just wanted to know if there was some interrupt trick or something out there. He seems like a fun anti hanzo, window, and mercy hero.

Grisby

There's a GIF of a Mei attempting this but failing to kill Zarya. Zarya ends up punching Mei in the face, and then does her own emote.
That sounds pretty neat. To be fair, it would feel pretty good if I was Zarya in that situation.
I made a Mei irrationally angry because I was pressuring her and barely knocked her off the stage. Her air control would've been able to get her back on the platform, but she wanted to freeze herself.

So she fell to her death.Like Winston, the only good Mei is a dead Mei.

Also, the best feeling is triple tapping a Pharah who thinks she can share the sky with you while her pocket mercy hovers worthlessly around with her.

Then killing her, too.
I need the Morgan Freeman pic of "Oh he mad!' changed to "Oh he Mei!".
You monster, how can you even sleep at night?
I turn the AC all the way down.
If someone does that excited emote to me, I am going to hunt them all over the map. I will forego the actual objective in favor of destroying Mei. Mei's ruin will be the objective. And the objective will be mine, over and over. It will not be a-Mei-zing.
Sounds like you need to chill out.
I do my job.
Ice to meet you.

if they give fth a cooldown then the advice would be to bait him into using it

you can do that now with flashbang (which i've been pretty good at using tracer blink and mei invuln) but even if he can't disable you his close range damage is still stupid
That's true. I'm not sure what I would do to reliably bait, but yeah.

JTripper

Toblerone is so fucking good. I played my first game as him and got play of the game.

I'm so impressed with this game's cast of characters. Usually I'd have a main in a game like this but I love just switching to adapt all the time.

This is when you need the 9 year old playing the robot from one of his Japanese animes to step up to the plate.

So at some point yesterday I saw a message that said I've been forced to leave the group chat as I was playing solo.

I wasn't even using my headset so I have no idea what that was about.

Anyway, I noticed I haven't heard anyone speak since then, and when I've tried to talk to randoms I don't get any sort of acknowledgement. Do I need to turn this back on somewhere?

vypek

I dunno. I feel like I've seen some real bullshit Widowmaker replays but maybe I'm just salty and the replay function isnt perfect. Some people are actually just good with her, though.

Blizzard is good at cracking down on cheaters, they have a zero tolerance policy and you lose everything on your bnet account, so everything in WoW/Hearthstone/Overwatch/Diablo/StarCraft, potentially thousands of dollars.

So don't fucking cheat.

Wow, really? These guys don't screw around. lol. So I guess PC matches will get better for people.

X-Frame

Is there a list somewhere of all the maps and which mode is played on them?

I feel like it's an oversight that it doesn't say if it Payload or KOTH or Zone Capture in the character select or something.

I still seem to forget which is which.

Is there a list somewhere of all the maps and which mode is played on them?

I feel like it's an oversight that it doesn't say if it Payload or KOTH or Zone Capture in the character select or something.

I still seem to forget which is which.

Pretty sure it's in the OP.

Wow, really? These guys don't screw around. lol. So I guess PC matches will get better for people.

Yeah. Depending on the severity of the offense, your account can be suspended or closed. Suspended means you can come back, usually within a few months (botters in WoW, HS and Diablo usually get hit by this) but straight up cheaters/hackers can get the closed account, which means its gone.

Sn4ke_911

So don't fucking cheat.

They also don't shy away from banning famous twitch streamers like Reckful lol. He got perm banned in WoW for account sharing.

vypek

Yeah. Depending on the severity of the offense, your account can be suspended or closed. Suspended means you can come back, usually within a few months (botters in WoW, HS and Diablo usually get hit by this) but straight up cheaters/hackers can get the closed account, which means its gone.

Its good to know they are dedicated to stopping cheaters/hackers from ruining the game for others.

kyle-777-

She could be like Amy Rose to Winston's Sonic, right? Like, she could be all like "Winston Senpai" and he would be all "eugh, get away from me. You're such a dummy and weird." but then she would use her superior intellect to build a banana gun and her up smash could be like Wario's fart except a poop canon or something. Then Winston would be like "sorry bb, I misjudged you" but then she'd be like "You made me realize that I'm into omnics". Do omnics have genders? I don't think they should. Her and Winston would always have this awkward tension thing going on during that safe room banter. She could have all sorts of saucy lines like "Don't make me go banana's on you", "Did you just call me a monkey?" or "And they said my invention would never work, HMPH!"

Yeah, that'd be sick.

Jeez...

giphy.gif

R0ckman

Play Pharah? Most McCrees are actually terrible with left click/regular shot. I wont engage a Pharah directly with McCree and I'm pretty good with regular shots.

I need to play my Egyptain queen more to be honest.

Alternatively, I've played Mercy where the enemy team is (properly) relentlessly perusing me, and I'm just flying between allies hoping desperately trying to stay alive, healing all the while. Getting chased by a Winston all match is genuinely terrifying .

...playing Mercy is stressful lol

Alternatively, I've played Mercy where the enemy team is (properly) relentlessly perusing me, and I'm just flying between allies hoping desperately trying to stay alive, healing all the while. Getting chased by a Winston all match is genuinely terrifying .

...playing Mercy is stressful lol

it's not so bad until you can't fly to any of your other teammate because they decide to fucking move behind a wall

Nyx

Met a full Symmetra team on Hollywood today, the first time me and a friend entered the area where the point was we got zapped by tons of turrets, was pretty funny.

We both changed to Winston and fucked up those turrets and 3-4 of them but due to several transporters being up and the rest of our team refusing to adapt we eventually lost in overtime.

hydruxo

My only complaint about the game so far is it feels like I'm playing the same maps over and over. I mean, I've booted up the game 3 times today and all 3 times it put me on Kings Row. I play that map far more than the others I believe. It's always the payload maps too. I rarely get to play the KOTH ones. Is it just bad luck?

HELL OF A EDIT: Just clicked search for game....guess where I'm at? KINGS FUCKIN ROW FOR A FOURTH TIME. This cannot be coincidence.

That sucks. I honestly don't think I've ever played on map multiple times in a row, other than the attack/defense switch after matches.

kyle-777-

Play Pharah? Most McCrees are actually terrible with left click/regular shot. I wont engage a Pharah directly with McCree and I'm pretty good with regular shots.

I need to play my Egyptain queen more to be honest.

Pharah isn't a counter to McCree at most she is a check and you could say they oposite too to an extent. How can't you hit slow flying Pharah with a hitscan weapon?

DoT2

So don't fucking cheat.

Honestly never understood why people cheat in the first place, is it for leaderboards, to feel good about yourself, just for the lols? If it is for the lols, cant be fun for too long. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom