• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for April: Immortals of Aveum, Minecraft Legends, Skul: The Hero Slayer

Draugoth

Gold Member
ba8493e90c2babbc757376d845bf0dcbb21fea55.jpg

Blast magic, embark on a (blocky) fantasy adventure and free your demon brethren with April’s Monthly Games lineup for PlayStation Plus. Immortals of Aveum, Minecraft Legends, Skul: The Hero Slayer will be available to play for PlayStation Plus members* from Tuesday, April 2 until Monday May 6.

Let’s take a closer look at each game in turn.

01c58359bb8ac22aa002fb4b8c2ec4699b56a521-scaled.jpg

Immortals of Aveum | PS5​

This single-player first-person magic shooter tells the story of Jak as he joins an elite order of battlemages to save a world on the edge of an abyss. Magic is at the core of both your offense and defence. Experience fast, fluid, first-person spell-based combat. Unlock and upgrade more than 25 Spells and 80 Talents. Discover, upgrade and craft hundreds of pieces of magical gear, refine your playstyle across three forces of magic and become Aveum’s most powerful Triarch Magnus.

d501197bcc40cc40c4745144cfab4d8e79a7f617-scaled.jpg

Minecraft Legends | PS4, PS5​

Discover the mysteries of Minecraft Legends. In this action strategy game. Explore a gentle land of rich resources and lush biomes on the brink of destruction. The ravaging piglins have arrived, and it’s up to you to form alliances with new friends and familiar mobs, then lead the charge in epic battles against the fierce piglins to defend the Overworld. You can challenge your friends or team up in intense battles in online play for up to eight players, as you defend your village while leading your units to destroy your opponents’ settlements.

0e18b87b25de59fbf7556574c1aa3878cc89aadc-scaled.jpeg

Skul: The Hero Slayer | PS4​

An attack on the Demon King’s castle by a heroic band of adventurers has seen all but one of its denizens captured and imprisoned. Now, as a lowly skeleton Skul, you must save your demonic brethren. This 2D action platformer boasts rogue-like features, with an ever-changing map and a growing arsenal of abilities, each with its own unique attack range, speed and power. Equip two types at a time to fit your play style, and switch out during combat to find the best strategy to defeat your foes.

90fe5a62b79ecd5d33b27bd89759e526e85aa41f-scaled.jpg

The Overwatch 2 Mega Bundle, exclusive to PlayStation Plus members​

Don’t miss out on the free Legendary Beekeeper Sigma, Legendary Art Deco Symmetra, seven Epic Skins, and five Battle Pass Tier Skips. This bundle is available for a limited time for all PlayStation Plus members.

This pack includes:

– Beekeeper Sigma Legendary Skin

– Art Deco Symmetra Legendary Skin

– Runner Sojourn Epic Skin

– Punker Queen Junker Queen Epic Skin

– Construction Ramattra Epic Skin

– Matsuri Kiriko Epic Skin

– Cassia Lifeweaver Epic Skin

– Amethyst Illari Epic Skin

– Rugby Mauga Epic Skin

– 5x Battle Pass Tier Skips

You’ll be able to find and download this bundle in addition to the PlayStation Plus Monthly Games line up on PlayStation Store**. Download Overwatch 2 from the PlayStation Store to access. Once downloaded, the bundle’s contents will be available in-game immediately, regardless of whether you’re a new or returning player.

Last chance to download March’s Monthly Games​

EA Sports F1 23, Sifu, Hello Neighbor 2 and Destiny 2: Witch Queen are available to add to PlayStation Plus members’ game library until Monday, Monday, April 1.

Last edited:
Skul is fantastic 👌 Immortals... played the demo, thought it was mediocre. If I ever have a point where I'm miraculously through my backlog and/or I'm itching for some FPS action then maybe I'll download it.

danklord

Gold Member
Immortals is very slept on and will thrive being free. If only they could change the name and the keyart to something less generic.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

Almost bought Immortals when it was on sale recently, glad I waited. I'm not expecting much but it looks worth checking out.

Kupfer

Sony has failed to convince me of the necessity of PS Plus over the past 2 years (as long as my membership has lasted). Once my Essential subscription expires later this year, that's it. While it's regrettable to lose access to convenient features like cloud saves and multiplayer hidden behind a paywall, I can no longer justify the price, now at €72, with the actual benefits. In my opinion, cloud saves and multiplayer should be standard features, as they are on PC.
I certainly won't be doing Sony any favors by continuing to pay their increased prices for somthing "this"

xrnzaaas

Sony has failed to convince me of the necessity of PS Plus over the past 2 years (as long as my membership has lasted). Once my Essential subscription expires later this year, that's it. While it's regrettable to lose access to convenient features like cloud saves and multiplayer hidden behind a paywall, I can no longer justify the price, now at €72, with the actual benefits. In my opinion, cloud saves and multiplayer should be standard features, as they are on PC.
I certainly won't be doing Sony any favors by continuing to pay their increased prices for somthing "this"
I'm in the same boat, PS+ expires is less than 3 months and I'm gone after 8+ years of membership. I should've cancelled before the price hike, but I got too used to it. I think I'll live even without the cloud saves, especially since if I go back to playing something like a year later I'll usually start from stratch instead of trying to remind myself of all of the mechanics.

Kupfer

I'm in the same boat, PS+ expires is less than 3 months and I'm gone after 8+ years of membership. I should've cancelled before the price hike, but I got too used to it. I think I'll live even without the cloud saves, especially since if I go back to playing something like a year later I'll usually start from stratch instead of trying to remind myself of all of the mechanics.
Yes, I also had PS Plus during the early days of the PS4 and Vita, without really thinking much about it. However, around 2015, I had to give it up due to costs and I was so frustrated when I suddenly lost access to "my" games that I wanted to play. Since then, I've made it a point to buy the games I really want to play in physical form. I was able to afford PS Plus again later on, but even then, I took advantage stacking subscriptions when they were on sale - justifying the paywall for multiplayer and cloud saves. The PS Plus games over the recent years don't matter much to me, as I usually buy the games I want to play, with the exception of Hell Let Loose back then, before their PS Plus release. A few months ago, we tore into Immortals and complained about its performance, mostly dismissing it as a bad game. So why should I suddenly want to play it now just because it's "free"? (It's not; you're paying for it.) These are hidden costs that customers lose sight of, and that's exactly what Sony, along with all other subscription providers, want. First, they create an artificial environment of dependency, and then, once they have enough people hooked, they throttle the service and raise prices. The majority of customers don't even notice it, and because the costs have been "paid for X years anyway," they're too lazy to cancel. One should be very flexible in this regard and send a signal to the respective provider by withdrawing their support when dissatisfied.

Last month(s) was better but Immortals should be fun enough to get something out of this month. Minecraft and Skul looks like something I put on the waiting list, and never take it off. Hardly a great month, but since Extra launched Essential lost some games to that upper tier which otherwise might have landed there. Essential subscribers probably have it only for MP I guess and anyone wanting some nice games is better subscribed to the other tiers. Or is no subscriber at all and buys stuff individually, spending more money for some "ownership". Still unbelievable cheap times to be a gamer.

Top Bottom