• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Plus Classics Standalone Subscription Plan Is Now Available On PlayStation Store

Topher

Gold Member
A standalone version of the Ubisoft Plus Classics subscription service is now available on the PlayStation Store.

Previously, Ubisoft Plus Classics was only available through the Extra and Premium tiers of the PlayStation Plus subscription service. However, now it is also possible to subscribe to Ubisoft’s subscription service individually on PlayStation consoles, without the need for any other subscription. The standalone plan costs $7.99 per month.

Ubisoft+ classics playstation store

Ubisoft Plus Classics List Of Games For PlayStation​

The full list of Ubisoft Plus Classics titles available on PS4 and PS5 can be seen below.

• Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (PS4/PS5)
  • For Honor (PS4)
  • Child of Light (PS4)
  • The Crew (PS4)
  • The Crew 2 (PS4/PS5)
  • The Division (PS4)
  • Eagle Flight (PS4)
  • Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PS4)
  • Far Cry 3: Classic Edition (PS4)
  • Far Cry 4 (PS4)
  • Legendary Fishing (PS4)
  • Risk: Urban Assault (PS4)
  • South Park: The Fractured but Whole (PS4)
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS4)
  • Space Junkies (PS4)
  • Star Trek: Bridge Crew (PS4)
  • Starlink: Battle for Atlas (PS4)
  • STEEP (PS4)
  • Trackmania Turbo (PS4)
  • Transference (PS4)
  • Trials Fusion (PS4)
  • Trials of the Blood Dragon Game (PS4)
  • Trials Rising (PS4)
  • Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4)
  • Watch Dogs (PS4)
  • Werewolves Within (PS4)
  • ZOMBI (PS4)
In terms of annual cost, the standalone subscription plan for Ubisoft Plus Classics will cost around $96. It costs more than the annual PS Plus Essential subscription plan, which comes in at $79.99. Given that Ubisoft Plus Classics is available as a part of PS Plus Extra, which costs $134.99 annually, it makes for a more compelling offer than the standalone subscription. For roughly an additional $40, you will not only have access to Ubisoft’s lineup of classic titles, but a catalog of PS Plus titles. In addition, the monthly PS Plus Essential games that can be added to your download list will also be available as part of the Extra tier.

Seems like a tiny list of games for $8 a month

Last edited:
So you get a very limited number of other games (WD eg and I think The Crew has been removed from Extra some months ago).
If someone absolutely loves Ubisoft stuff, I guess that person can go for it, but most of it is, currently at least, covered by Extra (and some more there as well) so the value is probably for most people, even those that are not opposed to subs in general, lower than the Premium upgrade is.

As it is now, some 0,99 or 0,49 per month upgrade for Extra subscribers would make at least some sense? And the full package is for people who seem to be on PS but not interested in Sony (and all other publisher) games.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I would rather drink my own boiled piss than give this company any more money

Oh, and how many days left till The Crew shuts down?

This company has been an utter bane on having fun for me over the years, from shitty pc games, utterly shitty launchers, contacting customer support, the utter gush woke shit now forced into their games, the list is endless

No thanks UBI. It's high time you left the building. I don't give it long.

xrnzaaas

This is only a decent offering if you're new into gaming and haven't played many Ubi games. Most of them can be bought dirt cheap or were/are available as part of bigger subs with much better value.

Not to mention they can't offer many cool classics from the PS3 generation because of no BC.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Someone has got to be the biggest supporter of UBI oldie games they never played to pay $96/yr.

As Topher said for an extra $40 you get the middle tier PS plan that has it included along with everything else in that sub plan.

Who the hell is going to just do a stand-alone UBI sub for $100/yr?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Most of those games can be had for $8 or less during the big sales. And a lot of those games could keep you busy easily for a month. So - why not just buy the games outright and keep them forever?

WildBoy

I paid £14 for one month to play Avatar, prince of persia lost crown and AC mirage.. It's a no brainer.

xrnzaaas

Weird list of games. Trying to use AC Valhalla as a dangling piece of fruit to subscribe is questionable.
Yep, when I think of a Ubisoft classic I have the first few AC games in mind. And since AC1 isn't on PS4 they should at least offer Ezio Collection and AC3. Or maybe Unity now that it's much more enjoyable to play.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
This is a terrible value proposition. £2.99 a month might be tempting to some people but even then it’d be a stretch.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
If you are thinking about this, look at what games you want to play and how much of the library you want to own in 12 months by saving 7.99 a month and waiting for sales. The list is not great if you own some of them already or view some games as mid.

King Dazzar

Good to see more options for taking an occasional month for demoing games. But the selection here is not only old, but limited and expensive too. Dream on Ubisoft.

Cyberpunkd

Given that Ubisoft Plus Classics is available as a part of PS Plus Extra, which costs $134.99 annually, it makes for a more compelling offer than the standalone subscription.
You don’t need that. Almost nobody does. Subscription can go die in fire.

Top Bottom