• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace has been rated for PS5 and PS4, suggesting it could be added to the PlayStation Plus Classics library soon

GAvE-5GWIAAYgB7

As spotted by Gematsu, Tawain’s classification body has rated the PS1 game for PS5 and PS4, suggesting it will be made available to PlayStation Plus Premium subscribers.

The ratings board has previously revealed upcoming PlayStation Plus Classics titles on a number of occasions.

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace could join PlayStation Plus in December alongside Disney/Pixar Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, Thrillville and Thrillville: Off the Rails, which were also recently rated for PS5 and PS4.

November PlayStation Plus Game Catalogue titles included Teardown, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme vs. Maxi Boost On, Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition, Superliminal and Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising.

Last month’s additions to the Classics Catalogue were Grandia, Jet Moto, Up, Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series and PaRappa the Rapper 2.

December’s PlayStation Plus Essential games were released on Tuesday. Lego 2K Drive (PS5, PS4), Powerwash Simulator (PS5, PS4) and Sable (PS5) are available to claim until January 1, 2024.

Larxia

I know this game has a bad reputation but I absolutely LOVED it as a kid, especially the chapter on tatooine with Qui Gon.
Qui Gon was my favorite character in the movie and I was happy to finally be able to play as him in this chapter, but most importantly, it felt like huge compared to the rest of the game. It felt like a mini rpg, with a dialogue choice, exploration, "open world" (lol), I don't know it really felt special back then for me. If I played it today I'd probably beat this chapter in an hour, but when I was a kid I played around in this level for weeks :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Replaying that part recently in Lego Star Wars the Skywalker Saga was amazing, it was quite the nostalgia trip, felt like a remake but with lego twist.

Last edited:

tommib

How about we start releasing every From Software PS1 game known to mankind instead of Disney IPs?

Fake

Where is this Klonoa classis on the playstation store list? I not finding... is this the remake?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
This is a good game... I had great times with this.

When you are in Tatooine... This game became a GTA of Star wars XD.

Unlock cheat all weapons + Full health + Machíne gun with rocket bullet + change every character + Killing all living being of Tatooine = Epic game.

VulcanRaven

I hope Xbox gets some of the Activision Marvel games. Disney seems to have no problem re-releasing old licensed games.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Suikoden I/II
Breath of Fire III/IV
Azure Dreams
Jade Cocoon
Chase the Express
Crash Bandicoot 1-3
Bust a Groove
Wu-Tang: Taste the Pain
Dino Crisis/2
Parasite Eve/2
Kula World
Medieval 1/2
MGS/Special Missions

We could get any of these and instead we get this? Bro... Come on.

Kerotan

This, Jedi: Power Battles and then Episode 1: Racer made being in the zeitgeist of Star Wars at the time as a kid so much fun.
It's crazy how many old star wars games there was and even though I watched the movies a lot my parents never got me any. Why did they hate me so much?

CamHostage

It's crazy how many old star wars games there was and even though I watched the movies a lot my parents never got me any. Why did they hate me so much?

It might have actually been tough love from your parents; they must have known that every PS1 Star Wars game sucked*.

Parents who raised a N64 home might had Star Wars choices to pass to Santa, but everybody's got their own parenting style...

(*Except maybe SW Demolition?)

Last edited:

poodaddy

Goddamn this game was rancid.

How weird though. If you asked me what game I least expected to ever get a port to modern platforms, it would have been this one. I'd rather wipe my ass with a shuriken than play this game again.

VulcanRaven

This is a good game... I had great times with this.

When you are in Tatooine... This game became a GTA of Star wars XD.

Unlock cheat all weapons + Full health + Machíne gun with rocket bullet + change every character + Killing all living being of Tatooine = Epic game.
Sometimes when I got game over by doing that the game glitches and I could still keep playing. The transparent game over screen is there but I could still do things. :D

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Sometimes when I got game over by doing that the game glitches and I could still keep playing. The transparent game over screen is there but I could still do things. :D
There is a level of Tatooine where they are preparing the pod-race and I saw the audience but they were really blocks of moving images, I killed the pig soldiers in middle of the audience and some glitches and bugs happened xD.

Honest confession.... Padme Natalie Portman was my fetish at that time of my childhood,... Ufff 😆

Top Bottom