• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

mooooose said:
It doesn't matter, to be honest. I'm just going to use it for breeding. But it'd be great if you could spare one!
Well...Natures are pretty important when it comes to getting the strongest pokes.

If it's just any old ditto then cool.

Edit:
If you've got one. I'd love to get my hands on a mudkip.

My SS FC: 4125 7418 3977
LiQuid! said:
Right, I use all three of them regularly, but that doesn't really answer any of my questions. Do any of them have a move cross checker?
I have no idea.

mooooose

JosM88 said:
Well...Natures are pretty important when it comes to getting the strongest pokes.

If it's just any old ditto then cool.
Well, I don't want to be picky, but adamant or jolly would be nice!

My FC is 4340-4694-1472

Edit - I'll be able to give you a Mudkip in like two days, dude. Do you mind the wait?

mooooose said:
Well, I don't want to be picky, but adamant or jolly would be nice!

My FC is 4340-4694-1472

Edit - I'll be able to give you a Mudkip in like two days, dude. Do you mind the wait?
Not at all. You wouldn't happen to have a spare Facade(TM) would you? I've been looking all over for one.:lol

I'll be online to give you an adamant ditto.

mooooose

I'm sorry I had to quit so fast, my girlfriend was bugging me about eating dinner. I just wanted to say thank you soooooooo much, and I'll PM you when a Mudkip is ready!

mooooose said:
I'm sorry I had to quit so fast, my girlfriend was bugging me about eating dinner. I just wanted to say thank you soooooooo much, and I'll PM you when a Mudkip is ready!
No problem. I think I quit quicker than you anyways.

Now you can enjoy the maddening breeding process.:lol

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hmm. I can't think of what to do in Kanto. I repaired the power plant and fixed the radio tower. I've only fought three gym leaders (electric guy, assassin girl and Misty), but I can't go south from Fuschia (road blocked from Cinnabar volcano) and I can't go west from Cerulean (one way jump down platform). Anybody got any clues?

Ed: NM I dumb

Gravijah

LiQuid! said:
Hmm. I can't think of what to do in Kanto. I repaired the power plant and fixed the radio tower. I've only fought three gym leaders (electric guy, assassin girl and Misty), but I can't go south from Fuschia (road blocked from Cinnabar volcano) and I can't go west from Cerulean (one way jump down platform). Anybody got any clues?

Take the road East of Vermilion city, wake the Snorlax with the radio, go through that Diglett tunnel.

thefil

Oh man. Only 510 happiness, 15 elite four runs, 9 evolutionary stones, 6 hours outside Mt Silver, 5 trades and one egg away from completion my JohtoDex.

I am the worst kind of person. :D

Finally got around to hatching that box of starter eggs I had amassed over the last few weeks. No shinies, unfortunately, but I did find to my pleasant surprise that Crunch is an egg move on Totodile.

Also, there's a spot on the way to the Safari Zone (you need to use waterfall to get there) that's perfect for level grinding. Miltank nets 1000 exp a hit and Dittos (if you let them transform) are good too.

survivor

Banned
viciouskillersquirrel said:
Finally got around to hatching that box of starter eggs I had amassed over the last few weeks. No shinies, unfortunately, but I did find to my pleasant surprise that Crunch is an egg move on Totodile.

Also, there's a spot on the way to the Safari Zone (you need to use waterfall to get there) that's perfect for level grinding. Miltank nets 1000 exp a hit and Dittos (if you let them transform) are good too.
Yeah I have been grinding there too. I find it really hard to raise all my Pokemon to level 40 before I face the Elite Four. So this place has been pretty helpful.

thefil

I'm thinking about doing some RNG abuse to hatch a shiny for use in my forthcoming playthrough of Platinum, but I can't seem to find any guide for doing in in HG/SS. What takes the place of Poketch apps now?

Salaadin

Shit. Lance just pounded my ass. The second round of the E4 wasnt so bad until I got to him. I really shouldve trained a devoted ice type :(

kai3345

Banned
Anyone got any Rock-types around lvl 20 they would be willing to spare? I'm in Goldenrod and if I remember correctly the gym leader's Miltank is a pain in the ass.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Salaadin said:
Shit. Lance just pounded my ass. The second round of the E4 wasnt so bad until I got to him. I really shouldve trained a devoted ice type :(

Devoted ice types suck. You mean you should have taught a few of your Pokemon ice moves.

Gravijah

So I was wondering why I didn't always just use Evade on Pokemon using the Pokewalker... and then the !! Pikachu ran away. I get another !! Pikachu after, and I crit it... two times.

Edit: And after typing that post I get a !!! Pikachu!

Hex

Banned
Chorazin said:
I think you spelled Houndoom wrong, because he's obviously the awesomest dog Pokemon.

I have to go with Vulpix/Ninetails especially (yes I know, it is a fox) but it reminds me of my Shiba .
Houndoom is the correct second answer though

Hex

Banned
Gravijah said:
ARGH IT KNOWS SURF I DON'T NEED SURF I NEED FLY! :mad:

I have 3 flys, I will gladly trade you one for a surf Pika.
(I have a Japanese event Pika with Surf but I have to get the walker one because I am OCD like that)

Gravijah

DrForester said:
So trying to get surf/fly Pikachu I shouldn't try to capture until I ive see !! or !!! right?

Yeah, don't catch those. I usually just toss my ball on the first turn when I run into a ! because they pop out 90% of the time.

Hex said:
I have 3 flys, I will gladly trade you one for a surf Pika.
(I have a Japanese event Pika with Surf but I have to get the walker one because I am OCD like that)

That'd be cool, I have like 4-5 Surfing Pikachu already. :lol

Linkhero1

DrForester said:
So trying to get surf/fly Pikachu I shouldn't try to capture until I ive see !! or !!! right?
Try killing them rather than evading. I only used evading when I was about to die. I'm not sure if there's any real trick to finding them but I did get !!! after killing them so many times. Probably wasted 100-200 watts that time.

this guy

What are the natures of your Surfing Pikachus if you don't mind me asking? I would be willing to trade for one if it had the right nature. :p I have three or four Flychus also, among other things.

Andrex said:
Oh definitely. Though you'll probably be a bit overwhelmed at first... HGSS contain the most content, most features, best graphics, best online, and best battle system of any Pokemon game ever. If you're gonna jump in, these are the games to do it with.

So far, I've made it past Velvet City's gym and I've got maybe 15 pokemon collected. I don't really know what are good stats for each poke type so I'm hoping that the pokemon I've collected is at least average for their poke'type and none of them are shitty genetic rejects for their species.lol

Any personality/habits to watch out for good/bad? I've already seen a useless power (splash). I figure some traits will make them garbage as well. I'd rather not collect a bi-polar hypochrondriac pokemon, ya know. But I'm guessing something equivalent might be in there.lol

Gravijah

this guy said:
What are the natures of your Surfing Pikachus if you don't mind me asking? I would be willing to trade for one if it had the right nature. :p I have three or four Flychus also, among other things.

Lax, Bashful, and Docile. Basically: boo

Hex

Banned
Gravijah said:
Yeah, don't catch those. I usually just toss my ball on the first turn when I run into a ! because they pop out 90% of the time.

That'd be cool, I have like 4-5 Surfing Pikachu already. :lol

I will be home from work in 20 mins or so, will pm you then.
Will be nice to stop wasting time in the Yellow Forest :lol

Echoes

Metroid Killer said:
Rolling through the Battle Tower now! Everything is going as planned, some times even getting the +6 attack boost :D But!... Fucking priority moves ruin the plan every once in a while and knocks out Ninjask just before he Baton Pass. Grrr

Edit: Shadow Sneak... Grrr!!!
This what ruined my strategy against one of my Twitter friends.

But it won me the most awesome battle ever.

Do you guys remember my friend whom I keep referencing every now and then? The one that uses Skarmory with Spikes/Stealth Rock/Whirlwind? The one who kills my entire team with Slowbro? Anyway, he's a very dear friend in real life, and he's one of the reasons I play competitive Pokemon now. He had taught me so much, every single day. Without him and GAF I won't be playing Pokemon like this.

He reminds me of Sixfortyfive because he has this OCD of having the perfect Pokemons ever. He use RNG to get perfect stats and stuff. The unique thing about him is that he rarely uses Smogon's strategies (and when he does it's because it's a common strategy). He always come up with insane strategies by himself by studying natures, movesets, and so on.

ANYWAY. I battled him yesterday. My GOD that was a fucking awesome battle. The day before yesterday we were out and I was joking "I'll be training to kill two of your Pokes." and we both laughed. It was that desperate; I can never beat him due to his out-of-the-box thinking (and my limited experience in battling).

But I fucking won!

I'm waiting for my sister to wake up so I can Youtube the battle with her camera. However, if you wanna see the battle now, here's the video ID: 84-09867-47065

Please, if you have the time, go to the GTS and watch the battle ^^ I need feedback..

Minister of the Dog, I apologize for not showing up yesterday. I'm free till 12 hours from now.

After a heated battle with Red, I think I can finally say I am done with this game. I was considering getting more into the meta-game but I have WAY too many other games to play. Maybe I'll finally go for it with Black and White.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Somnid said:
Poor Silver owners, the latest NPD confirms your Pokemon are only worth 75% of the ones in Gold on the Pokemarket.

If Nintendo shipped out equal numbers then you've got that backwards. :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Anyone know if the Safari Zone warden calls you when your blocks are upgraded? Would be nice if I didn't have to keep track of the days.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
DragonGirl said:
If anyone would like a freshly hatched Totodile, I'm looking for any evolution of Starly and Shinx right now.

I have a Luxio! 0560 - 9071 - 3586

Top Bottom