• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

Picked it up in the sale, despite it being considered to have no ultrawide support. I was shocked then when loading it up to find the internet was wrong! Must have patched it in recently...

27535282394_8a50e3b137_o.png

28072483751_4fdd4f2596_o.png

kanuuna

Here's a handy guide on how to link your full size image from Flickr without linking to the gallery page.

IZ7IY7.gif

EDIT: Not to discourage linking if you want people to be able to follow you, but consider adding the link to your profile separately from the image in your post.

^woah². The game still delivers.
I think there are certain things this engine is missing (i.e. per object motion blur, tesselation to name two) but the lightning in combination with some locations...
Also, that's pretty nicely framed!

Is this from the latest DLC? I remember that one CGI trailer that had Geralt walking to Emhyr. I'm currently playing a fresh game (no NG+) and just realised how much I actually missed. I certainly haven't seen this cutscene.
Btw, did you find a way to have these kind of aspect ratios during cutscenes or do you stitch?

kanuuna

Wow! Is that using the Super Turbo Lighting Mod?
Yeah, STLM and ReShade.

Is this from the latest DLC? I remember that one CGI trailer that had Geralt walking to Emhyr. I'm currently playing a fresh game (no NG+) and just realised how much I actually missed. I certainly haven't seen this cutscene.

Just the base game content; I just moved the character (Enabled Free Camera during conversation, moved camera position and pressed X (or Square) on gamepad to teleport the player character to camera's position) during a conversation with the Nilfgaard Ambassador in Vizima Palace.

Btw, did you find a way to have these kind of aspect ratios during cutscenes or do you stitch?
21:9 on my monitor's native res (3440x1440), no black bars thanks to the hex edit mentioned in the WSGF thread linked by therealminime.

Mods? Reshade?

Aside from Super Turbo Lighting Mod, tweaked shadow quality (GeForce guide), HD Textures and ReShade, I don't have a ton of stuff that change how the game looks. I use a couple of mods for some characters including Geralt which I've really grown to like (Geralt Weathered Face, Witcher 2 Eyes, Geralt Realistic Sweat, Geralt HW Colors and Styles using the mixed style, realHair and realBeard)

Here's pretty much what my mods folder looks like.

mI8pJXU.png

And if you want to try the ReShade thing I'm using, I've uploaded my current thing here - just use ReShade version 1.100. You may also want to turn off some of the game's own post-processing settings if you use it (anti-aliasing, vignette, chromatic aberration and bloom [depending on your preference - I have bloom disabled myself].

Gorgeous shots guys.
Neogaf still takes the cake in terms of quality

Particularly impressed with the Doom shots.

Quake 1 - episode 5 from Machinegames + mods

darkplaces2016-07-08037syb.jpg
Very cool I didn't know MachineGames had done a Quake map for its 20th anniversary. Care to explain which mods you used ?
EDIT : "Quake Revitalization Project" I guess ? Something else ? Your shot does look clean

Parsnip

Woah what did you use for the simplified version?

Topaz Simplify

I have a whole album of Witcher 3 shots done like that. I may do some more.

We used to have a thread for stuff like that.

The thread/s that jim mentions are here and here.

They're from 2013 and 2014 so some dead images there, but there's some cool stuff too if jim's simplified shot piqued your interest.

I did a few as well back then.

edit: And like with everything, some drama happened in the 2013 thread. Totally forgot about that part.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I hate what Minus/old flickr albums has done to those Art threads. So many shots just gone now.

There was discussion on if those filters would be possible realtime. I wonder how feasible that would be with the GTX 1080 or other more recent cards.

23qwerty

I hate what Minus/old flickr albums has done to those Art threads. So many shots just gone now.

There was discussion on if those filters would be possible realtime. I wonder how feasible that would be with the GTX 1080 or other more recent cards.
Realtime probably wouldn't be very possible, it takes quite a while to process the image

I recall there being a skyrim mod that tried to emulate a painted look but that worked by modifying each texture I believe.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Realtime probably wouldn't be very possible, it takes quite a while to process the image

I recall there being a skyrim mod that tried to emulate a painted look but that worked by modifying each texture I believe.

The conclusion 3 years ago was that it could probably be doable with barely acceptable framerates if you used a low enough resolution. I feel like it might be doable in realtime now at something like 1920x1080@30fps in a sufficiently old or undemanding game.

23qwerty

The conclusion 3 years ago was that it could probably be doable with barely acceptable framerates if you used a low enough resolution. I feel like it might be doable in realtime now at something like 1920x1080@30fps in a sufficiently old or undemanding game.

Mmm probably yeah. I suppose a filter like that would probably decrease the need to have high quality settings as well actually.

Top Bottom