• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

Oozer3993

GhaleonEB said:
File share is definitely having issues. No one can seem to upload anything right now, myself included. Everything gets stuck.

I queued something to upload and nothing happened. I turned the box off to go to class and when I got back on after class it said the file had been uploaded successfully.

Kuroyume

Banned
I played my first game and it was the fucking worst. I must have been matched up with retarded people because they voted for fucking oddball instead of slayer pro. It was on that map with the stream of water. The oddball got stuck in a little fucking bathroom and it remained there for like 95% of he match until I pulled it out of there. It was a fucking constant stream of grenade spam. It's ridiculous. They somehow managed to make grenades worse coming from Halo 3. UNBELIEVABLE... Anyway, I'm going to try and get some Slayer games.

- Why is the tag ANUS or ANU5 not allowed? It's a fucking scientfic term. What the hell?

- Anyone think the menus look a lot like Killzone 2?

Eric WK

I had a good time with this during the couple hours I played this afternoon, but yeah, the DMR and Pistol are too weak. Can't believe this could be debated.

GhaleonEB

So, how do bring a guest into the party? My daughter got home from school to play, and when she signed in as a guest, it ejected us from the party I was in and put us offline. She signed into a temporary profile, and the Active Roster disappeared. So backed her out, and now when I try to add her it wants her to use her (Silver) Live profile - no option for a temporary guest. Near as I can tell, we can't play split screen together. I thought we could.

Any ideas?

zumphry

Banned
I've had nothing but trouble getting my set up to work with this. Began with Xbox's audio not working, now it's where the video doesn't even come in from my cable box or from my Xbox.

And I've only played two games, the second of which my video went out, and I've lost both of them.

Not so fun over here.

GhaleonEB said:
So, how do bring a guest into the party? My daughter got home from school to play, and when she signed in as a guest, it ejected us from the party I was in and put us offline. She signed into a temporary profile, and the Active Roster disappeared. So backed her out, and now when I try to add her it wants her to use her (Silver) Live profile - no option for a temporary guest. Near as I can tell, we can't play split screen together. I thought we could.

Any ideas?

Your daughter plays Halo? AWESOME!

Wait, does anyone think they will really do bans over this? I mean there are all kinds of contests going on right now for beta codes. What would they exactly ban for?

GhaleonEB said:

Any ideas?
Sai-Kun says it's pretty similar to Halo 3's.

JambiBum

jhferry said:
Wait, does anyone think they will really do bans over this? I mean there are all kinds of contests going on right now for beta codes. What would they exactly ban for?
They aren't going to ban. Calm down people. Really. There are tons of contests and shit going around.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Eric WK said:
I had a good time with this during the couple hours I played this afternoon, but yeah, the DMR and Pistol are too weak. Can't believe this could be debated.
Dabookerman said:
I am loving this game, but the pistols are ridiculously overpowered :lol

well which is it :p

TommyT

jhferry said:

People lied (saying that they worked for some company) to get into the ExpertZone to get their code.

NH Apache

Banned
MagniHarvald said:
You can't buy it from the beta, and you can't buy it from Bnet. Halo 3 and ODST are the only ways you'll be able to buy it.

Thanks.

Beta is amazing. The gametypes rock. I love the equipment and the assassinations.

*Sneaks back to his xbox

Mr Jared

Deathcraze said:
Only played one game so far, but I fucking love it. :D Controls will take some getting used to though.

Yeah, I was fumbling over the controls a lot more than any previous Halo. I usually roll Green Thumb, but now that Melee is RB and Switch Grenade is B by default, there's no point, so I gotta learn how to play with thumbstick zoom.

Still, it's a pretty crazy game. Can't wait to play more than 1-Flag.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I fucking hate Halo Reach. Wish I would have given someone else my beta key. This game sucks. =(

Dacvak said:
I fucking hate Halo Reach. Wish I would have given someone else my beta key. This game sucks. =(
Why do you think that? so far I think it's miles better then Halo 3 just in the weapon balance and map department, more stuff to hide behind and all gear does something now, it's not a BR sausage fest.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Diablohead said:
Why do you think that? so far I think it's miles better then Halo 3 just in the weapon balance and map department, more stuff to hide behind and all gear does something now, it's not a BR sausage fest.

0-3

kylej

Banned
EvaPlusMinus said:
People who can't aim at the head think it's weak.

I think you'll find the people who understand the bliss of out BRing someone think it's weak while people who haven't played Halo in years think it's fine. The weapons are playable, but not fun.

Most immediate fixes

* Increase pistol clip by 5, lower shots to kill by one
* Reduce DMR to 4-shot kill
* Make melee one hit kill again
* Reduce grenade damage by 30%

These together would speed up the game and make individual battles require more skill

GhaleonEB

kylej said:
I think you'll find the people who understand the bliss of out BRing someone think it's weak while people who haven't played Halo in years think it's fine. The weapons are playable, but not fun.

Most immediate fixes

* Increase pistol clip by 5, lower shots to kill by one
* Reduce DMR to 4-shot kill
* Make melee one hit kill again
* Reduce grenade damage by 30%

These together would speed up the game and make individual battles require more skill
You have very, very bad ideas.
neoism said:
Holy shit, Ghal was right it really doesn't feel like Halo at all. But it's still awesome, 4 games in I pretty got used to everything. Also Elites>>>> Spartans!
Yeah. It's different, but I'm learning to like it a lot.

neoism

Holy shit, Ghal was right it really doesn't feel like Halo at all. But it's still awesome, 4 games in I pretty got used to everything. Also Elites>>>> Spartans!

Top Bottom