• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

GhaleonEB

Sigh.

I have a rock-solid stream from GTTV. And it crapped out right when they went inside on the demo, so I missed what everyone jizzed over.

Same thing happened at the VGA reveal. I watch the entire show with no issues, and it crashes right when the Reach theme starts up, and I miss it all.

I. Am. Cursed.

Lazslo

GhaleonEB said:
Sigh.

I have a rock-solid stream from GTTV. And it crapped out right when they went inside on the demo, so I missed what everyone jizzed over.

Same thing happened at the VGA reveal. I watch the entire show with no issues, and it crashes right when the Reach theme starts up, and I miss it all.

I. Am. Cursed.
Space battles bro, space battles.

EazyB

Banned
That space combat really caught me off guard. One thing about Halo is that every facet was integrated together. Vehicles weren't some one-off CoD-esque scripted sequence but instead just another part of the sandbox to play with, jumping in and out of them at ones will. It's impossible to tell based off of 3 seconds of footage but I hope the space combat isn't as gimmicky as I fear.

Anyways, the elites looks so fucking bad ass and fun to fight. Really hoping to see exponentially more on Reach during the next couple of days.

Monocle

Demo was awesome! For some reason I hadn't thought about the possibility of leaving the planet Reach in the campaign.

That first battle gave me nostalgia for Halo 1. I'm so glad Elites are back.

Kuroyume

Banned
I wasn't impressed. I was kind of hoping to see something we haven't seen before. Space Combat isn't as big a thing as I was hoping for. Also, they didn't have a story based trailer or anything. Yeah, I'm not that into Halo story but I would have liked to have seen some more cutscenes and other environments. It was nice to see a demo of a level but I wanted something more interesting.

pringles

EazyB said:
That space combat really caught me off guard. One thing about Halo is that every facet was integrated together. Vehicles weren't some one-off CoD-esque scripted sequence but instead just another part of the sandbox to play with, jumping in and out of them at ones will. It's impossible to tell based off of 3 seconds of footage but I hope the space combat isn't as gimmicky as I fear.
That's a good point, I didn't like it in Halo 2 and 3 when you were forced into vehicles.

But at the same time I've wanted space battles in some form in Halo for so long, and I think it could be a really nice change of pace for the series.

Hopefully it's not gimmicky. But it's Bungie, I have faith that it won't be.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
GhaleonEB said:
Sigh.

I. Am. Cursed.

-1 Sleeps!

Anyone else remember when bungie said that they wouldn't have skyboxes for reach, instead it was a system that you could actually fly up into, with multiple layers? Didn't expect to see it used that way, but awesome nonetheless.

Hixx

I was gonna wait for a price drop on this after ODST but that gameplay trailer was fucking ACE, so I've just pre-ordered it. By far the best thing in the conference.

For those of us who weren't there, of course. :lol

Spasm

Elite armor lock was pretty cool, but... Space motherfucking battles!!!
HOLY SHIT!

If anyone's got a good video link, I'll GIF the shit out of it.

Edit: \/ \/ \/ mrburnsexcellent.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
electricpirate said:
Anyone else remember when bungie said that they wouldn't have skyboxes for reach, instead it was a system that you could actually fly up into, with multiple layers? Didn't expect to see it used that way, but awesome nonetheless.
God... Imagine a totally open ended Reach, where you could fly from locale to locale, and jump into battles whenever you want. You could even leave the planet and take the fight to the Covenant ships in orbit. That could be so fucking awesome.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
HOLY SHIT, the space combat actually looks good! I mean, judging from the seven seconds of footage on Bungie.net.

My first reaction was negative (space combat in Halo?), but it looks really fun. And I've been dying for a good space combat game ever since Battlestar Galactica ended last year, haha.

Lazslo

HaloGaf feels dead, can we please all assemble back into this thread and be reborn. I haven't seen a halo thread on the front page in awhile. Lets get this partay back going again. I'm currently playing ODST again to get in the groove for Reach and wowzers this game is still so fun. Can't wait to see what Areospace is, ahh only 3 months!!!

Top Bottom