• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Setsuna is such a broken game. I can literally oneshot everything with the blowbeat Combo fron Endir and Nidr, and because i have Gagnrath spritnites for both of'em i never run out of Mana to do that.

Durante

Never tried that but it appears TLR has uncapped framerate. It was an UE3 game.
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Last_Remnant
Right, I forgot abut that. That was a fantastic PC version.

So let's hear it for off-the-shelf engines again.

Do you mean I am Setsuna? The game can't even keep 60fps at a resolution of 1920x1080 on a 970.
It runs at a locked 120 FPS for me at 2560x1440. While my GPU sleeps, basically (25% usage). No idea what's going on there.

C4rter

Another code from German magazine GameStar. Might be region restricted. And it's uPlay.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xWBm0BY.png
Might and Magic X Legacy (uPlay) -- MB-C5661E65FC8802C1 - Taken by Hakkelus

Anteater

Final Fantasy XIV 2.0 had a good PC version too and came out before the PS4, I think they added new graphical effects and stuff like AO later in a patch too, SE can make good PC releases if they try and if they think it's worth it

Durante

Final Fantasy XIV 2.0 had a good PC version too and came out before the PS4, I think they added new graphical effects and stuff like AO later in a patch too, SE can make good PC releases if they try and if they think it's worth it
Right, but that's an MMO, I think good PC versions are more of a given there.

I was just surprised that Setsuna ran at 120FPS no problem given the framerate issues (sometimes even with a 30 FPS lock) of some of their other recent ports.

Saty

3 games.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

NOT A HERO -- MB-8E0171DD5ADF96DC - Taken by Gez. 2 entrants total.
Terra Lander -- MB-EE3BDC5A9737E720
Sometimes: Success Requires Sacrifice -- MB-29CA184DE0801122 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1469275212z1.png

Racing Transformed is legit fun.

Any other Sonic game is trying capture a faint scent and trying to mass produce it as perfume.

Glad you are just saying words and not anything of worth. Sorry for liking something you don't but, quit acting like no one wants something because you don't stop being a dick about it.

Tizoc

Was Dark Souls' brightness and gamma low for anyone else? I max out brightness but the game still look dark. Mind you I set my lappy's brightness to low cuz I can't stand bright lighting myself but in DARK souls 1 it makes seeing some things quite difficult.
What are my options to manually increase it's brightness? I have an NVidia 970M btw.

Jawmuncher

Nah, that doesn't really make a lot of sense since they're also doing what's basically a Sonic Generations 2.

IMO the worry is more that they're trying to please everyone and still have no clear idea where they're going with this franchise.

If it's any consolation, I felt the same way about RE7. It's definitely going to be a cheaper budget there than compared to say RE6.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Glad you are just saying words and not anything of worth. Sorry for liking something you don't but, quit acting like no one wants something because you don't stop being a dick about it.
OK, what good modern sonic games are out there?

Yes, this newest one is closer to the classic fun and fast gameplay, but you got to be kidding if you don't recognize why it's been comparedto a meme game.

C4rter

And some more stuff that's just old and nobody wanted it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Chrome -- MB-F964ABAD64982D64 - Taken by Mikurden
Amerzone: The Explorers Legacy -- MB-E6806BFAF44A70B3
Teleglitch -- MB-2FD107DA7A859CE3 - Taken by Jalal
Desert Thunder -- MB-2DB9916F8C84A599
Incoming Forces -- MB-598DD875A2AC7C2F - Taken by Kagemusha
Hyper Fighters -- MB-CD66FDDBEED2CD1E
Salammbo: Battle for Carthage -- MB-8B53F5DAB9632350 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
FEZ -- MB-36FD133A6F3051DF - Taken by ThirtyFour
Total War: ROME II Caesar in Gaul (DLC) -- MB-EAD5560B83807DA8

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Chrome was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Amerzone: The Explorers Legacy was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Teleglitch was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Salammbo: Battle for Carthage was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for FEZ was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Total War: ROME II Caesar in Gaul (DLC) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Sarcasm

Was Dark Souls' brightness and gamma low for anyone else? I max out brightness but the game still look dark. Mind you I set my lappy's brightness to low cuz I can't stand bright lighting myself but in DARK souls 1 it makes seeing some things quite difficult.
What are my options to manually increase it's brightness? I have an NVidia 970M btw.

Are you using dsfix?

Plug in the charger and change the power settings to high performance. My laptop would dim the screen to save battery until I did that.

Hektor

Finished I am Setsuna.

Overall an enjoyable game, but nothing too remarkable. The story is fairly classic for a JRPG and so are the characters. The combat was a bit dull over the time.

As a throwback too old classics it really doesn't work at all tho. It's just missing those special somethings other games had. For example optional events, minigames or secrets. Setsuna doesn't really have anything like that and is very, very linear. It's missing that feeling to be able to explore the world.

With 13 hours of playtime it's also really short for a JRPG, but then again, having something of little size can be a pro if you just wanna have to play throguh the weekend.

So overall i don't really recommend it at the price of 40$ wholeheartedly. Maybe wait for it to be 50% off, or play an actual classic instead.

Tizoc

Plug in the charger and change the power settings to high performance. My laptop would dim the screen to save battery until I did that.

That's...and odd solution lol.
I always play with the battery on if I'm gaming on my laptop and right now my power plan is balanced. I don't encounter this issue in other games though.

Lain

It runs at a locked 120 FPS for me at 2560x1440. While my GPU sleeps, basically (25% usage). No idea what's going on there.

I'd love to know what is going on with it, because every resolution fullscreen gives me a framerate that keeps going between 44 and 57 and only 1280x720 and 960x540 windowed give me a fixed 60fps.

Finished I am Setsuna.

Overall an enjoyable game, but nothing too remarkable. The story is fairly classic for a JRPG and so are the characters. The combat was a bit dull over the time.

As a throwback too old classics it really doesn't work at all tho. It's just missing those special somethings other games had. For example optional events, minigames or secrets. Setsuna doesn't really have anything like that and is very, very linear. It's missing that feeling to be able to explore the world.

With 13 hours of playtime it's also really short for a JRPG, but then again, having something of little size can be a pro if you just wanna have to play throguh the weekend.

So overall i don't really recommend it at the price of 40$ wholeheartedly. Maybe wait for it to be 50% off, or play an actual classic instead.

That's quite a bit shorter than the 25-30 hours that people were claiming it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom