• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF PlayStation Trophy Thread | 2016 Edition

JSoup

Banned
#45 - LEGO Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
This one took longer than I thought it would, simply because a game crash corrupted my save at one point. I had a PSN+ backup, but it cost me a lot of progress at the time.

netguy503

#45 - LEGO Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
This one took longer than I thought it would, simply because a game crash corrupted my save at one point. I had a PSN+ backup, but it cost me a lot of progress at the time.

They released two patches in days of each other, I'm surprised. Did these help? Most be the most patched LEGO game I've ever seen.

Also got plat #59 in Minecraft story mode (PS4) and that maybe my only plat this month. Was looking for something special for my 60th and that one will probably be next month and Destiny. Just got the trophy for finding 50 ghosts yesterday. That was a bitch. Did it all in one day. I would not recommend.

Oh, and I'm now at trophy level 30. :)

JSoup

Banned
They released two patches in days of each other, I'm surprised. Did these help? Most be the most patched LEGO game I've ever seen.

Supposedly it greatly reduced the chances of a crash and wipe, but there are still reports of it happening. LEGO games being crash and glitch heavy is nothing new, the wipe part is, though.

Wiggy

Finally got round plating Dark Souls 2 (#143), getting to new game NG++ was a lot quicker then I thought. You can really speedrun that game when you know what you're doing/where you're going. Just have Dark Souls 3 left to plat out of the soulsborne family, will probably wait for a GOTY edition or something.

Working on AC Syndicate (amazing how much better this is then Unity), Far Cry Primal, Zero Time Dilemma. But looks like Ape Escape will finally be coming, so that will take precedence, shame it has no plat :(

Can anyone verify if ultimate alliance trophies unlock for couch co-op players?

My wife and I want to play through like we did in college, but we got burned on re5 and rerev2 only giving progression and unlocks to the first player, so we wanna wait to hear about this game.

taizuke

This Trophy is fucking hard, what the fuck monolith. My head is gonna hurt from all the failed runs. Has anyone here got this trophy?

Get on a Graug and go rampaging around from one warchief to another. It still relies on a bit of luck depending on how long your Graug lasts and the fact you don't always find your targets quickly.

My time was 39:46. lol

LordofPwn

Platinumed Dragon Quest Heroes yesterday, and now about halfway through Doom's campaign. Doom is really good. May was stacked this year.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Get on a Graug and go rampaging around from one warchief to another. It still relies on a bit of luck depending on how long your Graug lasts and the fact you don't always find your targets quickly.

My time was 39:46. lol

Damn your time was close. I finally got that stupid trophy two weeks ago and i'm now working on the second DLC but it is so fucking boring, i totally get why people called the season pass a rip off.

#196 and #197: Ray Gigant and Atelier Sophie

Polished off a couple this weekend. Both were pretty easy, especially Ray Gigant which was basically free. Pretty close to getting Headlander as well.

Consumer

#88 AC Revelations

Only MP thing I needed was to win 3 unpopular game modes. I spent hours trying to find games to no avail -- I'd keep getting shoved into other game modes.
...Then I noticed you can vote for the next map + game mode once a match ends. I immediately won the vote and got the platinum.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I Am Setsuna is my 55th platinum and 10th for this year. Still pushing for 15 this year!

Here are my platinums for this year:

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Senran Kagura Estival Versus
Okage: Shadow King
Dust: An Elysian Tale
Beyond: Two Souls
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Zero Time Dilemma
Adventures of Mana
I Am Setsuna

Will attempt to get the platinum for these games:
- Final Fantasy XV
- The Last Guardian
- Steins;Gate 0
- Psycho Pass
- World of Final Fantasy

delSai

Hello fellow Trophy Hunters!
I'm pretty close to the Plat in GTAV, just like 4 more Gold Medals to get and some Multiplayer stuff. There's a trophy where i have to be the co-driver in a race, helping the driver to win. I need three people to help me out for this, taking a short track, win it really quick while the other 2 just stand there, so if anyone on Ps4 still has GTA installed an would like to help me, please add me on PSN, my ID is Saivania. Thanksss.

kevin1025

Banned
I Am Setsuna is my 55th platinum and 10th for this year. Still pushing for 15 this year!

Here are my platinums for this year:

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Senran Kagura Estival Versus
Okage: Shadow King
Dust: An Elysian Tale
Beyond: Two Souls
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Zero Time Dilemma
Adventures of Mana
I Am Setsuna

Will attempt to get the platinum for these games:
- Final Fantasy XV
- The Last Guardian
- Steins;Gate 0
- Psycho Pass
- World of Final Fantasy

How were the Okage and Setsuna trophies? Were they particularly difficult?

It'll change in like a week or so, but lets never forget I was once the fastest at something.
sgKmMnJ.png

Oh, I also platinumed Rayman Legends today. Only took 2 years.

Kyrios

Was two kills away from getting the 20 kill streak trophy in Overwatch and then "It's HIGH NOOON" annnd I died...

LordofPwn

Was two kills away from getting the 20 kill streak trophy in Overwatch and then "It's HIGH NOOON" annnd I died...

Love overwatch, fairly decent at it even, will probably never platinum it, though every now and then i'll randomly get a trophy and then i'll think maybe, just maybe i'll get it...

Kyrios

Love overwatch, fairly decent at it even, will probably never platinum it, though every now and then i'll randomly get a trophy and then i'll think maybe, just maybe i'll get it...

I thought so too until I saw Lucio's trophy for 3 kills while wallrunning lol

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I hear Okage is really easy.

Okage - Relatively easy to get them, though getting the hidden items might be a pain in the ass and you might need a guide. The game is pretty old so the UI isn't the best, not to mention it can get unbalanced.

I Am Setsuna - Also relatively easy to get the platinum but you might need to grind for fluxations (these are random things you earn, you get them by pressing square when you kill an enemy... It will be explained in the game).

LordofPwn

I thought so too until I saw Lucio's trophy for 3 kills while wallrunning lol

theres an exploit for it and his wall ride is much easier now. still not easy to get. a lot of luck required.

So far this year i've already done better than all of last year.
12 platinums so far compared to 7 last year. #13 should be Doom.

I've always seen this topic, but never came in because I hardly have any Platinums. Just got my third one last night (Steins; Gate) and, holy hell. I'm a little behind!

AAMARMO

Banned
I started to trophy hunt a week ago on my new alt account just for trophy. My first platinum is Infamous Second Son.

Consumer

Rented out Far Cry Primal this weekend and got the plat (#89).

I also got all the MP finished in Killzone 2, so I'll probably work on that now (haven't started the SP).

Tapejara

Platinum #47 - Headlander - great game with a really easy trophy list. If you're a fan of DoubleFine then I definitely recommend checking it out.

100℅ - Never Alone: Foxtales DLC - decided to go back and finish off the DLC for Never Alone. Easy couple of trophies.

--

I'm working on Far Cry Primal, N.E.R.O. and Rainbow Six Siege next. I want to make Siege my 50th platinum. I also still need to finish off the online trophies for LittleBigPlanet Karting before the servers close at the end of this month.

Consumer

How long is Far Cry Primal?

I think my final in-game time was about 25 hrs. If you do the collectibles + side quests whenever you're near them, you can easily shave off 3-5 hrs.

EDIT: #90 -- Killzone 2! :D

That was pretty much just as difficult as CoD WaW.

sphinx

the piano man
Hi everyone!!

can someone please help me obtain the "Companion" trophy in "Journey"?? It's the last one I need for a complete set.

in exactly 5 minutes from now on, I will be at the beginning of the tower level waiting for someone to appear, (the level before the snow level)

if anyone wants to help me, please either post here so I know I should actually expect someone. once there if you think you've found me, please sit and stand up 3 times so I know it's you. .

I will be wearing a white scarf.

and PLEASE PLEASE in the last level, don't go flying too fast. Every mother fucker I've played with just rushes into the damn level to the point that I have no idea if it's there or not anymore.

til later? :)

EDIT: Ok, so someone by the PSN name "Hakugyoko" made the journey with me from the snow part til the end and with that I got the trophie. Thanks everyone for watching!

netguy503

Hi everyone!!

can someone please help me obtain the "Companion" trophy in "Journey"?? It's the last one I need for a complete set.

in exactly 5 minutes from now on, I will be at the beginning of the tower level waiting for someone to appear, (the level before the snow level)

if anyone wants to help me, please either post here so I know I should actually expect someone. once there if you think you've found me, please sit and stand up 3 times so I know it's you. .

I will be wearing a white scarf.

and PLEASE PLEASE in the last level, don't go flying too fast. Every mother fucker I've played with just rushes into the damn level to the point that I have no idea if it's there or not anymore.

til later? :)

EDIT: Ok, so someone by the PSN name "Hakugyoko" made the journey with me from the snow part til the end and with that I got the trophie. Thanks everyone for watching!

Can you/anyone help me with these trophies please? PSN: Netguy503.

I just platted The Witness and holy crap was the "Challenge" trophy one of the most satisfying trophies I've earned. Completing 14 puzzles in 6 or so minutes was intense. If anyone is thinking of playing the witness, I would recommend it. Great game.

Not so great this month. Got the platinum for Hyper Light Drifter and Rebel Galaxy, also 100% Abzu.

Working on I am Setsuna, about half way through.

Tapejara

Platinum #48 - Far Cry Primal - Was pleasantly surprised by this one. Decided to take a chance on FC Primal due to the setting, and when Amazon had it for $24.99 during Prime Day it seemed like the right time to jump in. I wasn't a fan of Far Cry 3 and skipped FC4 because of it, but something about Primal clicked this time. Straightforward plat, and like Consumer above my final playtime was around 25 hours. Got kind of burnt out on it by the end though, and now I don't want to see another open world game for a while!

--

Now I'm going to spend the rest of month finishing the online trophies for LittleBigPlanet Karting. Shouldn't take too long and I recently got some of them out the way. Then I'm going to try and squeeze a third plat out this month and make either LBP Karting or N.E.R.O. my 49th platinum.

sphinx

the piano man
I'd lke to have some advice from this community regarding some trophies in "The Last of Us Remastered"

but first, I just made it to Bill's place so

PLEASE NO SPOILERS
PLEASE NO SPOILERS

beyond that point.

so, I am 100%single player game, with no PSN+ account because I consider it unnecessary but I'd consider getting a month or two of PSN+ to get the MP trophies in this game.

My questions:

.- Is it too late to find people online to get those trophies?

.- if I find people, is it easy or do I have to plan complicated strategies with them and speak over the Mic? (I absolutely hate that)

I only care for trophies I don't have an interest at getting good or better at the MP game.

DarkLS1

I'd lke to have some advice from this community regarding some trophies in "The Last of Us Remastered"

but first, I just made it to Bill's place so

PLEASE NO SPOILERS
PLEASE NO SPOILERS

beyond that point.

so, I am 100%single player game, with no PSN+ account because I consider it unnecessary but I'd consider getting a month or two of PSN+ to get the MP trophies in this game.

My questions:

.- Is it too late to find people online to get those trophies?

.- if I find people, is it easy or do I have to plan complicated strategies with them and speak over the Mic? (I absolutely hate that)

I only care for trophies I don't have an interest at getting good or better at the MP game.

Theres always alot of people playing MP. You dont need a mic but its extremely helpful. Fail every mission except the 5 - 100% risk and you shouldnt have any issues. The multiplayer is actually very fun and unique.

sphinx

the piano man
Theres always alot of people playing MP. You dont need a mic but its extremely helpful. Fail every mission except the 5 - 100% risk and you shouldnt have any issues. The multiplayer is actually very fun and unique.

do I need a lot of people to play or is it a 2 player thing?

The way I tackled the MP trophies was, I would play a day (one mp match), skip a day. If you have a really good MP match and get a lot of resources, you can skip 2 days. Like the poster above said, do not skip the 100% days. Those days will kill off your entire group.

I did the entire MP mode solo with matchmaking.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I did all the dlc trophies in shadow of mordor for the 100% god the dlc was crap, bright lord specially was pure hot garbage. Dont buy the dlc guys

Haven't done much hunting in July/August. Kind of burnout after my spree in June. I did finish No Man's Sky the other day. That survival trophy was an absolute bore.

oggob

2016 : Jul Summary | Link To OP

First up, I want to apologise for not updating this sooner, with the combination of Olympics drawing my attention and also starting Gal Gun Double Peace grabbing far more attention (for all the wrong reasons, can start to feel mighty uncomfortable playing it on the train! lol)... This fell by the wayside for a touch.

In the month of July we saw the following things occur...

Julys Winner : GIONAScm2 (Consumer), becomes the first person to win a second month for the year, though it was a tight one with less than 600 points separating the Top 3 people (2nd was ryoonz (RyoonZ) and 3rd was ckleow).

Both GIONAScm2 (Consumer) & ryoonz (RyoonZ) added an additional name to the 10+ Platinums in a month.

Back in March or so I mentioned that jacks81x (jacks81x) was someone to watch over, raking up a couple of months of solid efforts to sit amongst the Top 20 all this time. I was contacted by the profile owner who informed me that this was actually a Secondary account and they wanted to start tracking their primary instead. So jacks81x was been removed and the ValkyrieX (jacks81x) profile added in it's place.

Now sitting in the Top 20 with a secondary account seems heartbreaking enough, the primary rockets to the top of the charts with over 100,000 points for the year so far, would have won 3 of the 7 months this year and also a ridiculous 40,000 points clear of our previous leader MaverickHunterX

Total Points Gained : 366,885 (17% decrease from Jun 2016 Tot Pts)
Average : 1,406 Pts per person & Weighted Average : 1,575 Pts per person (removed IDs that didn't contribute)

Best Month Achievers : 1
Code:
+ - + ------ - ---+ ---------------- + ----- ----- ----- +     ------ ------ ---------------  +
|   |             |                  |                   |               Best Month Breakdown |
|   | LVL / LVL % |PSN ID            |GAF ID             |        Pts (YYYY) {PP/GG/SSS/BBBB} |
+ - + ------ - ---+ ---------------- + ----- ----- ----- +     ------ ------ ---------------  +
|CAN|LVL 26 @  70%|SJay1994          |sjay1994           |  4,005 (Jul 2016) {03/07/025/0139} |
+ - + ------ - ---+ ---------------- + ----- ----- ----- + ------ ---------- ---------------  +

Best Jul Achievers : 41
Code:
+ - + ------ - ---+ ---------------- + ----- ----- ----- + ------ ------ ---------------  +
|   |             |                  |                   |             Best Jul Breakdown |
|   | LVL / LVL % |PSN ID            |GAF ID             |    Pts (YYYY) {PP/GG/SSS/BBBB} |
|GER|LVL 14 @  54%|Agressor616       |Vindicator         |  1,170 (2016) {00/01/012/0048} |
|USA|LVL 14 @  63%|AmnesiacWanderer  |Servbot #42        |    885 (2016) {01/00/008/0031} |
|ENG|LVL 29 @  52%|AnthonyUK         |AnthonypUK         |  6,540 (2016) {03/17/069/0160} |
|CAN|LVL 21 @   9%|Bromic_LaMonte    |Lelcar             |  2,145 (2016) {01/05/031/0039} |
|SIN|LVL 75 @  88%|ckleow            |ckleow             | 10,065 (2016) {07/30/103/0201} |
|BEL|LVL 19 @  92%|Creamium          |Creamium           |  2,415 (2016) {01/08/016/0069} |
|USA|LVL 15 @  39%|Da_Sloane_Ranger  |Sloane_Ranger      |  2,475 (2016) {02/07/011/0077} |
|USA|LVL 13 @  60%|DandyCrocodile    |Dandy Crocodile    |  1,965 (2016) {00/05/016/0069} |
|USA|LVL 24 @  51%|Daniel_Gonzz      |ULTROS!            |  2,970 (2016) {02/09/023/0074} |
|USA|LVL 33 @  89%|DarkParodius      |JPS Kai            |  4,815 (2016) {01/17/039/0129} |
|USA|LVL 15 @  87%|DeMacabre         |Demacabre          |  2,565 (2016) {00/06/018/0099} |
|BRA|LVL 20 @  69%|DesmaBR           |desmax             |  3,420 (2016) {03/13/023/0068} |
|POR|LVL 16 @  17%|DisturbedPT       |Intel_89           |  2,085 (2016) {01/04/014/0075} |
|USA|LVL 32 @  71%|DryvBy            |DryvBy             |  3,255 (2016) {01/08/015/0127} |
|ENG|LVL 28 @   6%|Fantatier         |FliXFantatier      |  3,450 (2016) {03/10/029/0076} |
|USA|LVL 12 @  61%|ghibli99          |ghibli99           |    555 (2016) {00/00/016/0005} |
|CAN|LVL 25 @  83%|GIONAScm2         |Consumer           | 10,635 (2016) {10/34/103/0179} |
|USA|LVL 31 @  17%|gotstrangepowers  |gotstrangepowers   |  7,980 (2016) {05/35/057/0148} |
|NOR|LVL 13 @  32%|IkonMeKnivet      |Ikon               |  1,140 (2016) {01/02/016/0020} |
|ENG|LVL 39 @  27%|KylieDog          |Stallion Dan       |  3,555 (2016) {02/20/019/0055} |
|USA|LVL 36 @  78%|libregkd          |libregkd           |  3,855 (2016) {03/11/024/0107} |
|USA|LVL 19 @  14%|LordofPwn         |LordofPwn          |  2,985 (2016) {01/12/022/0071} |
|FIN|LVL 26 @  59%|meltsi            |Meltsi             |  3,060 (2016) {01/06/032/0092} |
|USA|LVL 48 @  80%|mob_skater        |mob_skater         |  5,640 (2016) {05/19/065/0072} |
|USA|LVL 13 @  76%|MrNelson92        |MrNelson           |  1,320 (2016) {00/05/009/0040} |
|ENG|LVL 13 @  56%|NeonDelta         |                   |    885 (2016) {00/01/011/0031} |
|USA|LVL 17 @  55%|oldyella          |yella              |  1,125 (2016) {00/01/009/0051} |
|USA|LVL 23 @  97%|POEman553         |Apdiddy            |  3,780 (2016) {02/10/024/0120} |
|USA|LVL 17 @   4%|PrimeRib          |PrimeRib_          |  1,635 (2016) {01/07/014/0027} |
|USA|LVL 13 @  26%|RedshirtRig       |Nuke Soda          |    510 (2016) {00/00/005/0024} |
|ENG|LVL 23 @  44%|replicant-uk      |70s Style Pimp     |  4,740 (2016) {01/22/045/0082} |
|INA|LVL 42 @  71%|ryoonz            |RyoonZ             | 10,395 (2016) {10/20/108/0237} |
|GER|LVL 25 @  28%|Saivania          |delSai             |  2,895 (2016) {01/05/028/0095} |
|USA|LVL 19 @  62%|Samus4145         |Samus4145          |  1,320 (2016) {00/08/006/0028} |
|ENG|LVL 16 @  89%|ScarletMyst       |DistortionOfReality|  1,425 (2016) {01/02/011/0049} |
|CAN|LVL 13 @  81%|SirUltimos        |SirUltimos         |    720 (2016) {00/00/006/0036} |
|CAN|LVL 26 @  70%|SJay1994          |sjay1994           |  4,005 (2016) {03/07/025/0139} |
|USA|LVL 24 @  84%|SomaXD            |KiraXD             |  1,875 (2016) {00/05/009/0077} |
|USA|LVL 18 @  72%|StingX2           |StingX2            |  4,050 (2016) {01/06/024/0174} |
|FIN|LVL 37 @  76%|TimodusSnake      |                   |  5,325 (2016) {04/19/039/0115} |
|USA|LVL 17 @  28%|WindDancerReborn  |KazeDancer         |  1,710 (2016) {01/01/014/0068} |
+ - + ------ - ---+ ---------------- + ----- ----- ----- + ------ ------ ---------------  +

Best Day Achievers : 1
Code:
+ - + ------ - ---+ ---------------- + ----- ----- ----- + ------ ----- ---------- +
|   |             |                  |                   |     Best Day Breakdown  |
|   | LVL / LVL % |PSN ID            |GAF ID             |   Pts [Freq] (DD/MM/YY) |
+ - + ------ - ---+ ---------------- + ----- ----- ----- + ------ ----- ---------- +
|ENG|LVL 14 @  83%|RellikSK          |Dynasty            |   990 [  1x] (01/07/16) |

Glossary
Freq = Frequency : This is a count of the amount of times this point value has occurred, in the event of more than once, the first instance date is shown only.

Link To OP

oggob

2016 : Jul Level Data | Link To OP

Code:
+   + - + ----- ----- + ----- ----- ----- + ----- ----- ----- +
|   |   | LVL / LVL % |PSN ID             |GAF ID             |
+   + - + ----- ----- + ----- ----- ----- + ----- ----- ----- +
|  1|SIN|LVL 75 @  88%|ckleow             |ckleow             |
|  2|CAN|LVL 52 @  73%|dragonslayer_023   |Dragonslayer_023   |
|  3|AUS|LVL 51 @  93%|lancem             |BlackbirdFlyAway   |
|  4|ENG|LVL 48 @  96%|snow_hawk_88       |SnowHawk           |
|  5|USA|LVL 48 @  80%|mob_skater         |mob_skater         |