• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
The glitch worked forme but only for the first card of each game.

It did that for me too at the start but then i idled all the games to 2 hours simultaneously and tried again. After that it started working again for the rest of the cards and i got a new card each time i changed a game. Ended up getting 200 cards in a couple of hours.

Deques

You sure it hasn't been fixed since the last time you tried it?

Edit: Oh wow, maybe not, Deques is listed as having done it on 09-02
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=215707761&postcount=554

Can confirm that it still works. I usually have a game or two with cards left to check if the glitch is still there in another day.
Tested two hours ago and got a card after few seconds idling.
Now idling next 30 games, going to idle 120 games today before I start doing the card drop part

Yep, doing it right now and it's working. Didn't even have to wait 2 hours for the first cards to drop

Those who have to wait 2 hours are usually those who have refunded before

Reposting Wok's script for lazy clickers. Edit the line with sleep to change the idle time in milliseconds. In this case I have set to 1500, which is 1.5 seconds idle time
The script requires AutoHotKey

Code:
#NoEnv
SendMode Input

$F6::

loop {
	sleep, 1500
	ControlClick, x284 y166, Idle Master,,,, Pos
}

$F7::pause

venomenon

Those who have to wait 2 hours are usually those who have refunded before
Not necessarily. Several people in here mentioned they have to wait despite never having refunded, myself included.

Yeah, this is what I say. There is a cooldown time. When the "glitch" works, I reliably get 100 cards for 100 games in one setting.
Is that an arbitrary example or does it literally stop at 100 cards? It did for me and I don't know if that's a coincidence.

edit:
Ah, I missed that. Interesting.

Deques

Jadax

OK so how do I go about abusing the glitch?

1. Run idlemaster

2. Profit?

I ask because I just ran idlemaster, and got the msg "Idling complete" - but got no cards.

Deques

OK so how do I go about abusing the glitch?

1. Run idlemaster

2. Profit?

I ask because I just ran idlemaster, and got the msg "Idling complete" - but got no cards.

Do you actually have any cards left to drop? Because if you don't then there is nothing you can get from the glitch

Jadax

Do you actually have any cards left to drop? Because if you don't then there is nothing you can get from the glitch
I hace 1060 cards left to idle. I'll try to figure out the issue in a bit.

Anyways how do I do this, "idle games simultaneously up to 2 hrs, then individually" - or "idle games with more than 2 hrs individually, and then simultaneously".

Ludens

Banned

Anyways how do I do this, "idle games simultaneously up to 2 hrs, then individually" - or "idle games with more than 2 hrs individually, and then simultaneously".

Just boot Idlemaster.

Deques

That's up to you, if you want to do 30 game at a time then choose the second one.

the load times aren't that bad if you have an SSD

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was going to complain that it still takes forever to load for me, despite being installed on an SDD, and then I realised that I probably installed it on my HDD and not on my SDD. Derp. On the bright side, that's an easy fix.

data

The steam card glitch is like the worst pokemon ever, it never does what you want

I used to only get 30 cards because only new games would drop a card, but yesterday I just waited a sec before I skipped a game and it would drop them no matter if it dropped a card before so try that.

Playing The Witcher III: Blood & Wine now, and I get a lot of weird graphical glitches, with characters and horses that are missing parts, people carrying boxes that looks like they're trying to dance with them, and some characters with polygons that seems to spill all over the screen.

I don't have any glitches in any other games I'm playing now also, like Fallout 4 and Overwatch, so it seems to be the game and not my hardware.

Anyone else who has encountered this?

Deques

Hello, I wrote a FAQ. Maybe it can be included somewhere. Dunno. I am going to link this post every time someone asks about the glitch. Someone wanna make a badass banner for the FAQ?
If I left something, please tell me so I can add it to the FAQ

Steam Trading Card Glitch - STCG
Do you want all the cards today? Wanna try a glitch? Read my short FAQ and get rich
on Steam
!

I am shortening this glitch to STCG

FAQ:
Q: What is this glitch I have been hearing about?
A: TLDR Answer: It's an exploit where cards drop quickly when switching games quickly
Long Answer: In reality it has nothing to do with switching games quickly. Currently there is a glitch in Steam's system where card drops after a few seconds play time. You can start a game and close it directly. There is a chance that a card will drop after a few seconds. Since this is a glitch there is no guarantee that it will always works.

Q: Do I have to idle my games for two hours before cards start to drop?
A: Yes and no. Some users have reported that the haven't idled 2 hours before they can exploit the glitch. Best is that you use Idle Master and idle all games before switching games, the chance to get card drops is somewhat, in theory, higher.
NEW: I can confirm that you don't need to idle for 2 hours before you can exploit the glitch. I played a few games with cards left and got cards after the game is closed. I have yet to test if cards drop when switching games.

Q: I cannot get it to work, help me please!
A: It's a glitch, it will not always work. Restart Idle Master and try again

Q: I got all the cards, now what?
A: If you feel generous, add me and send me all the cards :D
Or use Steam Market and get filthy rich

Q: Clicking next through all games is tiresome, is there any better way to do this?
A: Wok has created a script for this. It requires that you have AutoHotKey installed

Copy below and save as a idle.ahk. Start the script and press F6 to start auto clicking. F7 to pause auto clicking. You can change wait time after each click by changing the number after sleep. The wait time is in milliseconds. 5000 milliseconds is 5 second

Code:
#NoEnv
SendMode Input

$F6::

loop {
	sleep, 5000
	ControlClick, x284 y166, Idle Master,,,, Pos
}

$F7::pause

Q: I have gotten 100 cards, no new cards will drop anymore
A: jshackles reported you can only get 100 cards without vising your inventory. So go there after 100 cards to "clear" new item queue

Q: I still cannot get it to work. Please, help me!
A: Here is a video of the glitch in action. It will give you an idea on how it works.

Q: Will this method work forever?
A: There is no guarantee that this will work forever. The glitch was discovered 2nd September 2016 and still work as of today. If you want cards now you better exploit the glitch now. The glitch might be fixed today

Q: Will I get banned for this?
A: Many have used this method to get cards quickly and so far none have reported being banned. Use the method at your own risk.

Q: My Steam friends are getting annoyed by my game switching, what can I do?
A: Set your online status to offline, (not offline mode)

Q: I read your damn FAQ, how do I get started?
A: I am sorry that you have to read my stupid FAQ :(
Start by downloading Idle Master. Set up the program to use your Steam info.
You can decide if you want to "Idle games simultaneously up to 2 hrs, then individually" or "Idle games with more than 2 hrs individually, and then simultaneously", it doesn't matter what you choose. The optimum would be that you idle all games first then switch games.

When you have idled the games restart Idle Master. Now you have to click next through all the games, wait between 5-10 second between each skip. It might not always happen but a card might drop.
You have to restart Idle Master when you have clicked next through all the games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Redactem -- MB-A36FB7D7E2418D2A - Taken by MaxiLive

venomenon

Good work, Deques!

Only thing I think could be added is a word on the legality of all this, but we obviously don't know Valve's stance. Maybe mention that many people used the glitch for hundreds of cards and still have their accounts ;)

Or claim the opposite, so people are discouraged and market prices aren't completely ruined :D

Deques

Good work, Deques!

Only thing I think could be added is a word on the legality of all this, but we obviously don't know Valve's stance. Maybe mention that many people used the glitch for hundreds of cards and still have their accounts ;)

Or claim the opposite, so people are discouraged and market prices aren't completely ruined :D

Added :) and added another question regarding if this will work forever

Ronabo

I remember a 2D shooter that had a western theme to it. I can't seem to find it. Anyone know the name? I think it's about 3 years old.

Bigby

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Bigby, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Batman: Arkham City GOTY -- MB-93BBA7A0D7E310E4 - Taken by Ronabo
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition -- MB-FFA9B6DD5A1CB926 - Taken by data

JarrodL

Playing The Witcher III: Blood & Wine now, and I get a lot of weird graphical glitches, with characters and horses that are missing parts, people carrying boxes that looks like they're trying to dance with them, and some characters with polygons that seems to spill all over the screen.

I don't have any glitches in any other gaames I'm playing now also, like Fallout 4 and Overwatch, so it seems to be the game and not my hardware.

Anyone else who has encountered this?

Try verifying your install ("verify integrity of game cache" on steam, or "verify/repair" in GoG Galaxy).

dex3108

To be honest i want to be excited but i can't. I don't want to see my hopes and dreams crushed once again xD I still hope that it is coming but my expectations are low.

JarrodL

Damn, X-COM Enemy Unknown is so addicting. And harder than I expected.

Once a country withdraws from the council and cuts funding, is there any way to get them back on board later?

venomenon

Damn, X-COM Enemy Unknown is so addicting. And harder than I expected.

Once a country withdraws from the council and cuts funding, is there any way to get them back on board later?
Nope, they're gone for good.

And yeah, it's really addicting. And when you're done with it, you can continue with the GOTY 2016 which is even better than its predecessor ;)

RDR coming to PC? Well... I accepted that that'd never happen so I watched a full Let's Play months ago. Great.

Ascheroth

I'm curious if, with Steamspy's notoriety, the PC base who examine numbers are now becoming more short-sighted. A lot of talk about sales numbers is either first 3 days (which is when Spy normalizes), or first-week. But this is a platform which, barring legal or licensing issues, products can be sold on indefinitely, with no regards for shelf-space. The only issue is getting your product seen by people who are interested in it (discovery), Obviously, first-week is important for that because of PR/marketing, but there's post-mortems of some games on Steam which show a vigorous long-tail market, especially when event-sales are taken into account.

As a compare/contrast, Cuboid was released on the PS3 (PSN only, no physical release), and iOS 3 years later (and since removed). Sales for Cuboid are thus limited to PS3-only, which is a shrinking market-base, but all development costs and profit have essentially had to be made on that PS3 release.

God Eater 2: Rage Burst was released for Vita, PS4 and is now out for PC. Thus, initial development costs will have been recouped on the console releases which "sold 234,180 physical copies on Vita and 37,824 on PS4 within its debut week" and more after that first week. They undoubtedly became profitable at some point in their console release's lifetimes. The PC version therefore only has to recoup development of the port before it also becomes profitable, and the developer/publisher now doesn't have to worry about a life-span on its title (which, if nothing else, is the life-span of the PS4 and Vita). As long as it becomes profitable at some point in its PC release, it will forever be a release that provides profit to the dev/pub, no matter how small.

This, btw, is why exclusive titles on any console from third-parties are an inherently stupid idea - willfully limiting the audience of your game not just in the immediate future, but forever-more. The market for Demon's Souls (as an example) at this stage will never increase, it will always decrease. Even with purchases of PS3's now, there are so many second-hand copies of the title, From are probably making little-to-no income, and, just like Cuboid, all its profit has to come from the PS3. If it were a PC title, at every release of a Dark Souls game, Demon's Souls sales would have an uplift; at every event-sale there would be an uplift; as well as possibilities deriving from dailies and of course the Discovery-Queue.

To clarify, I probably should have said that I was only talking about 'end up at 35k once SteamSpy stabilizes' as ~week 1 sales. I have no doubt that those numbers should mean quite a nice profit for Namco that will only continue to grow over time :p

But you raise some very good points. I hadn't really thought about what it truly means for games to have 'life-spans' on consoles and not on Steam.

Pixieking

Banned
Where is the cheapest to get dishonord 2 from? Besides cdkeys

GMG, I think. Sign-in and you should see a price that's just over CDKeys price. I see £31.29 on GMG, as compared to £29.99 on CDKeys.

To clarify, I probably should have said that I was only talking about 'end up at 35k once SteamSpy stabilizes' as ~week 1 sales. I have no doubt that those numbers should mean quite a nice profit for Namco that will only continue to grow over time :p

But you raise some very good points. I hadn't really thought about what it truly means for games to have 'life-spans' on consoles and not on Steam.

Yeah, to clarify myself, I wasn't picking on anyone in particular, it's just a weird thing to see... Go back 3 or 4 years and one of the arguments for PC (and Steam) was the long-tail on sales. It's one of the things we (like, industry and armchair analyst) have lost sight of, with all the "oh may gawd, it's not hit GTA numbers!" talk. DE:MD is another one - first-week sales are below HR's, but considering the number of games available, the release-window (I'm sure HR came out near Christmas), and the market for sneaky games, it's not done too badly, I'm sure. :)

Arthea

how can anybody say Arcanum is awful? How?
I think steamgaf is no friend of mine, like there is at least one person here that hates every game on my GOAT list with the exception of Civ2 (awaiting for Civ2 is awful post any minute now) and
Mana Khemia that nobody played anyway

Arcanum is one of the best PC games ever, just so you know.

Nope, they're gone for good.

And yeah, it's really addicting. And when you're done with it, you can continue with the GOTY 2016 which is even better than its predecessor ;)

RDR coming to PC? Well... I accepted that that'd never happen so I watched a full Let's Play months ago. Great.
Is XCOM 2's performance fixed now?

derFeef

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derFeef, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Banner Saga -- MB-DD1C2B3469DA26F9 - Taken by Shalashaska. 16 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for The Banner Saga was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1473084480z1.png

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I wonder if Red Dead really was supposed to be at the last E3.

Tizoc

GMG, I think. Sign-in and you should see a price that's just over CDKeys price. I see £31.29 on GMG, as compared to £29.99 on CDKeys.
Thanks hope it stays that way til rlease
You never know when they pull another deus ex md misprice

Wok

Edit the line with sleep to change the idle time in milliseconds. In this case I have set to 1500, which is 1.5 seconds idle time
The script requires AutoHotKey

It seems that you are right about the idle time. 1500 milliseconds are sufficient to get the cards.

Regarding games, I have tried SinaRun for the achievements, and got nauseated to a point...

And Half Minute Hero, which was praised a bit here in the past, and is kind of fun. I thought it was a platformer because I mistook it for 10 seconds Ninja.

Phinor

Not in euro zone though, GMG is really expensive most of the time as is every store that uses euros and has 60€ price tags as regular. Dishonored 2 is nearly 47 euros discounted. Even Gamesplanet is cheaper, CDKeys is cheaper by 12.5 euros.

Pixieking

Banned
Not in euro zone though, GMG is really expensive most of the time as is every store that uses euros and has 60€ price tags as regular. Dishonored 2 is nearly 47 euros discounted. Even Gamesplanet is cheaper, CDKeys is cheaper by 12.5 euros.

Yeah, I actually hesitated in posting, because I was wondering if it would be different in the Euro-Zone. :/ That sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom