• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Danganronpa V3 launches on January 2017 (JP) - New Trailer

Burbeting

Banned
Looks like Danganronpa. It's weird they still aren't showing almost any footage, though.

Female Protagonist would be pretty fun. She looks like Sonia from DR2.

FluxWaveZ

No way this was making 2016.

January 2017 isn't that far off, though. Was expecting a more significant delay.

A female protagonist is a cool thing to see, after Komaru. Don't know what to think of the look of that cast just yet. Honestly, I would have liked it if they went with full 3D models + 2D portraits like Another Episode, but I suppose I'm fine with that distinctive 2D style sticking around.

So the robot dude isn't the MC

had us going there

When Kodaka said something like "who knows if he's the main protagonist!" last year, I immediately knew he wasn't.

PranooY

Looks great, I'm super hyped for this.
Not feeling the new Monokuma Japanese VA, But it can't be helped. So don't mind it much.

TP

When Kodaka said something like "who knows if he's the main protagonist!" last year, I immediately knew he wasn't.

I hadn't read that

but If I did I would have guessed he would have been killed first then playable character would have switched

wbEMX

2018 for european players, I suppose. Although... this also comes out on PS4, afaik. So an earlier US release would be fine, too.

mrmickfran

January 2017 isn't that far off, though. Was expecting a more significant delay.

A female protagonist is a cool thing to see, after Komaru. Don't know what to think of the look of that cast just yet. Honestly, I would have liked it if they went with full 3D models + 2D portraits like Another Episode, but I suppose I'm fine with that distinctive 2D style sticking around.

Eww no. After seeing how VLR looked after 999, I'll stick with 2D art.

The awful anime series is a stepping stone for the game, like Nagito is to hope! The cast looks in line with what I expect from a Danganronpa game. I'm guessing that the last character shown ahead of the protagonist is this game's equivalent of Kirigiri or Chiaki, but who knows. Nice tease nonetheless.

mrmickfran

tWtW8oO.gif

The awful anime series is a stepping stone for the game, like Nagito is to hope! The cast looks in line with what I expect from a Danganronpa game. I'm guessing that the last character shown ahead of the protagonist is this game's equivalent of Kirigiri or Chiaki, but who knows. Nice tease nonetheless.
gonna die in the 1st chapter

This bit made the whole conference worth it for me lol.

It'd be kind of funny if the characters they showed before just ended up being relatively unimportant in the long run..

The cast looks pretty neat based on what little we saw in the trailer.

I'll be eagerly anticipating a western release date. I need me a new non-stop debate!

So late 2017? Bummer. I want a WW release dammit!

I thinkvthe new FProtag is cool and also looks like every other boring as fuck MC. And then twist.

T-Rex.

Banned
Setting looks cool, and hopefully it won't take too long to get localised. I have to say I'm pretty much done with the hope/despair angle though and I hope it's something completely new.

Good they went female mc but hope they don't write a cliche character. My main curiosity is where this game falls in the timeline of the franchise.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I would've liked to pick this up for Vita for the portability, but in that case I would need the physical version and this would result in waiting for it to arrive...
So I'll buy it on the SEN Store for PS4 instead and once it releases in English, I'll take it for Vita, and PC if/when that version comes out.

Red Frost

Banned
Good they went female mc but hope they don't write a cliche character. My main curiosity is where this game falls in the timeline of the franchise.

It doesn't if Kodaka is to be believed. It's a new universe with new continuity.

Or maybe it's just a soft reboot that takes place hundreds of years later, who knows.

Top Bottom