• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I honestly don't see the problem with Paladins and why people are shitting on it. It's a decent F2P game that you play when you have free time.

I'm struggling to picture how you'd mash up those themes. Now I'm tempted to watch it when it drops just to see how they'll pull that off.

The main rider is a resident pediatrician who is also an avid gamer playing games made by the Genm Corp. Then beings called Bugsters came to be, and these computer viruses infect people.

Tizoc

I'm struggling to picture how you'd mash up those themes. Now I'm tempted to watch it when it drops just to see how they'll pull that off.

Clearly someone's forgotten about Atlus' Trauma series ;P

Also Witness me GAF, I am soon to descend unto madness.

Hektor

my god guys! Clustertruck! :D

Guys, Clustertruck! :D

CLUSTERTRUCK!! :D :D

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I told you.

Like most of you, I have a huge backlog on steam. Dumb question I'm sure but have there been any issues with backwards compatibility with Nvidia GTX 10X0 line? I was thinking about getting a GTX 1060 or 1070 but I'm unsure if it might prevent me from playing some of my older games.

I remember hearing that DX9 games don't run or at least run poorly but I would think there would be more news if true.

Grief.exe

how popular is steam/pc gaming in Japan tho? All I hear is mobile

I wasn't making the point that a PC version would make the series solvent in Japan alone. Since it is being localized anyways a PC version would help pick up the slack of the stagnating console market in Japan.

It had bikes?

Bikes and skateboards you can ride around the mall on, then use them to attack the zombies.

Like most of you, I have a huge backlog on steam. Dumb question I'm sure but have there been any issues with backwards compatibility with Nvidia GTX 10X0 line? I was thinking about getting a GTX 1060 or 1070 but I'm unsure if it might prevent me from playing some of my older games.

I remember hearing that DX9 games don't run or at least run poorly but I would think there would be more news if true.

Has more to do with operating system issues than specific hardware.

Tizoc

Nice. Will be interesting to see for Ni-Oh.
But yeah, it's funny how people claims this label has no meaning.

Ascension was rated for PC recently too IIRC.

I wasn't making the point that a PC version would make the series solvent in Japan alone. Since it is being localized anyways a PC version would help pick up the slack of the stagnating console market in Japan.

Bikes and skateboards you can ride around the mall on, then use them to attack the zombies.

Has more to do with operating system issues than specific hardware.

Thing is you gotta convince these stubborn japanese big wigs to not just focus on the Yen.

Hektor

Finished Clustertruck.

Took me 4 hours to beat. One entire hour being spent solely on the last level.

I'm literally shaking right now from the adrenaline and excitement. I'm dead serious.

One of the best and most unique 3D platformers i've ever played. Goddamn.

Tizoc

Is this a whole new game or an expansion? Some articles say stand alone follow up but that doesn't explain it looking like a GOTY edition...

My understanding is that it is a stand alone expansion, so don't expect a discount for owning the previous game :p Same case with KOEI Tecmo releasing the Empire or similar ver. a year or so later.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Beat Axiom Verge!

Feels good, all in all it's a great little Metroid game. Cool weapons and pick-up abilities. Back tracking up the wazzoo and all that good jazz. Enemies are generally very easy for the first 70% of the game, and then quickly get quite hard towards the end. But almost every one of them is cheese-able. The last couple of bosses can be really rough, mostly the Sentinel, but je suis très très hard côre and such and so, and BOOM rekt.
Save file says 13 hours, probably over average lol

Dig deep into your backlog; click 'install game"; be a good guy; play it.

Need more games like this.

*crawls back to Dragon Quest 7*

Grief.exe

Stardew Valley content patch 1.1 it out on the betachannel! So the release has to be so very close.

Any big changes coming in the updates?

Hyper Light Drifter gettting a 60 FPS update, and Stardew getting a new update. Potential GOTY candidates staying relevant.

Monooboe

He's getting my money the moment the patch hits.

Awesome! It's still my GOTY contender.:D

Any big changes coming in the updates?

Hyper Light Drifter gettting a 60 FPS update, and Stardew getting a new update. Potential GOTY candidates staying relevant.

Simply put, the content patch bring MORE OF EVERYTHING.:D Different kinds of farms and buildings, more marriage potentials(and more marriage content for all), more late game content and bunch more. And of course bug fixed and gameplay tweaks.

Played some more Soma. It feels like there are two halves of the game that are competing with each other. One is this really spooky, atmospheric game set in an underwater UAC complex/Bioshock type setting where you slowly unravel an interesting science fiction story. On the other side are the monsters that are actively dragging down the experience for me. Every once in a while you have to deal with this tedious roadblock to your progress, your screen starts to shake in a corrupted VHS cassette way when they're close and your game gets a layer of horrible chromatic aberration if you end up taking damage from them. They'll teleport right in front of you with scripted events and chase you until you figure out where to run. None of this is actually fun. It also actively discourages exploration, which is not good for a game where the story is being told entirely through exploration.

I don't know. The game has a 98% positive rating on Steam so I figure this can't be a widely held opinion. I just wish for once they could have tried something different instead of adding monsters because they're the studio that makes games where monsters chase unarmed players.

Knurek

I don't know. The game has a 98% positive rating on Steam so I figure this can't be a widely held opinion. I just wish for once they could have tried something different instead of adding monsters because they're the studio that makes games where monsters chase unarmed players.

Literally the first thing you should do is to install Wuss mode mod which makes the monsters not attack the player...
The first thing!

Been playing Press F To Loot Simulator 2: Electric Boogaloo Remastered for couple of hours and it's fun and so far pretty well crafted but it's also really feels like a product of its time. Tutorials everywhere, "stop moving and watch a cutscene" sections everywhere, forced combat situations everywhere, seemingly-open-but-not-really areas, someone on the radio all the time...

Bioshock 2

Anyone has problems with God Eater since today? Finished it yesterday, but somehow it doesnt detect my Xbox One controller since today.
Another Gaffer seems to have the same problem. His controller also doesnt work since today.

Literally the first thing you should do is to install Wuss mode mod which makes the monsters not attack the player...
The first thing!

I know, but the friend who gifted the game to me told me that the mod would probably ruin a couple of cool things that happen near the end. I'm not actually sure what he was referring to. If it's more scripted monster chases then I'm really not interested. I went to the mod page and even subscribed but I think you can't use it if you have an unmodded game save file. And given that I'm about half way through the game (going by the achievements), I'm not too keen to restart.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The first thing!

Real talk: should I install this mod when I play SOMA during Extra Life this year? It sounds like (from spindoctor's issues anyway) that these monster encounters make the game more tedious and likely less fun to watch.

Phinor

Posted elsewhere already but Quantum Break Steam version tested: http://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/quantum-break-test-gpu-steam-versiya

According to that, I can expect glorious 32-37fps with my GTX 1080 at 2560x1440! Obviously scaling off because the game looks really bad with scaling on. It's quite amazing how terribly the game still runs. That 32-37fps is actually an improvement over the Windows Store version. I wonder how they managed to mess it so bad after the really quite good Alan Wake engine.

Played some more Soma. It feels like there are two halves of the game that are competing with each other. One is this really spooky, atmospheric game set in an underwater UAC complex/Bioshock type setting where you slowly unravel an interesting science fiction story. On the other side are the monsters that are actively dragging down the experience for me. Every once in a while you have to deal with this tedious roadblock to your progress, your screen starts to shake in a corrupted VHS cassette way when they're close and your game gets a layer of horrible chromatic aberration if you end up taking damage from them. They'll teleport right in front of you with scripted events and chase you until you figure out where to run. None of this is actually fun. It also actively discourages exploration, which is not good for a game where the story is being told entirely through exploration.

I enjoyed Soma, more than Amnesia. That said, I've never been a big fan of this kind of horror games. I usually find hiding and running away from enemies annoying more than anything. I'm so glad RE7 actually has combat and it's not another Amnesia or Outlast type of game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Heads up JaseC-
Transformers Devastation is a PS Plus freebie this October. You think this means anything regarding the status of the TF license?

Possibly. It's Activision. Always assume and worst, and we are approaching the time of the year where Acti re-evaluates its licences and drops those it feels have outlived their usefulness.

I played a bit of Lovely Weather We're Having. It's more a curosity than a game. A mood simulator, if you will. It pulls data from your real-world location for weather and time data and incorporates them into the game world. So this afternoon it looked like this:
But this morning the coloring was more rosy with long shadows.

Apparently, as you check back at different times and with different weather the dozen characters in the little town will have different things to say.

You might already have it from a recent bundle. Check it out for a quick minute now and then down the line to see how it changed. Count it toward your completed games this year too!

MUnited83

For you.
It's Activision. Always assume and worst, and we are approaching the time of the year where Acti re-evaluates its licences and drops those it feels have outlived their usefulness.

I bet Fast and Furious will be in the chopping block this year. Duck and Dinasty too. Maybe Ghostbusters.

Because of popular demand they added the developer and android modules to the top tier of the Clickteam Humble Bundle. Makes the bundle a must buy for me now.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I played a bit of Lovely Weather We're Having. It's more a curosity than a game. A mood simulator, if you will. It pulls data from your real-world location for weather and time data and incorporates them into the game world. So this afternoon it looked like this:

Apparently, as you check back at different times and with different weather the dozen characters in the little town will have different things to say.

You might already have it from a recent bundle. Check it out for a quick minute now and then down the line to see how it changed. Count it toward your completed games this year too!

Holy shit that's terrifying.

Yeah, Kamen Rider has had some pretty nuts mash-ups lately. One of the recent series was ancient samurai warring states period + fruits, lol

I'd love to be at those pitch meetings, which I can only assume happen around a gigantic bong.

"What about Age of Exploration Portgual mashed with.... cellular service providers?

"Nah man, we need to do Stock Exchange Trading Floor mixed with hard bop jazz musicians" (for the record, I'd watch the hell out of this one)

"Forget that. Coffeehouse + back-to-school essentials! Kamen Cold Brew Trappah Keepah!"

I enjoyed Soma, more than Amnesia. That said, I've never been a big fan of this kind of horror games. I usually find hiding and running away from enemies annoying more than anything. I'm so glad RE7 actually has combat and it's not another Amnesia or Outlast type of game.

Agreed on both points. I personally love the atmosphere in these games, but the hiding in corners or sitting around waiting for a monster to move out of the way very quickly becomes completely rote. Amnesia, and to a smaller degree SOMA, made it even worse, by making it necessary to stare at walls while you were hiding. I'm way behind on RE games, however.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Room13 -- MB-1B6EF3601B1A7BD1 - Taken by madjoki
Necromonads -- MB-BF76EC4024EF0CD6 - Taken by alr1ght
The Yawhg -- MB-FC7FDC93D84A45FA - Taken by Baron von Loathsome
Environmental Station Alpha -- MB-C62E8D07AECADA52 - Taken by GaussTek
Plantera -- MB-9DF564C04C7AEE0A - Taken by redlacs
Quadle -- MB-85915C360017A3CC - Taken by longlivegaming
Five Nights at Freddy's 3 -- MB-D2D67D5A2F69B9BC - Taken by Kifimbo
Concrete Jungle -- MB-83A666AA46813CB0 - Taken by Large Professor
Oniken -- MB-491BCC4F18413E6C - Taken by ThirtyFour
Tick Tock Isle -- MB-40B857100EE23EC4 - Taken by anastef

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Resident Evil 7 pre-order is probably about to go up, Xbox One pre-orders just went up, and looking the RE7 Steam page updated a few times in the last day and updated the release date info, banner image, and such.

data

Who writes a synopsis for their game on steam using the words "u", "ur" and "thru"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom