• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
where is environmental station spare from Koalaman?

Jawmuncher

Jaw, you're a huge Capcom fan. What do you think about Dead Rising?

Dead Rising 1 is one of my all time favorite games. I didn't pick it up on PC since I decided to grab it on Xbox One for the nostalgia of playing the 360 version to death back in the day (Got 900/1000 GS, Only thing I didn't do was the survival stuff since it would have taken like a whole day in real time).
I was a huge fan of it's blend of being funny while also serious (Which I felt the other games started to lean more towards funny). Along with the time mechanic which was a big draw of the game. I'm not big on "I gotta see everything and spend 60+ hours taking pictures". So a game that rewards memorizing the layout, and has you on a timer to play fast is just the best.

So as it goes for Dead Rising 1 is still the best in my eyes. Case Zero would probably be my second favorite. Then Dead Rising OTR, 2, and then 3. Case West is actually my least favorite. But I need to play it again (Was hoping capcom would port those as well). Since I only played it once, so I might just not have given it a fair shake back when I did.

Resident Evil 7 pre-order is probably about to go up, Xbox One pre-orders just went up, and looking the RE7 Steam page updated a few times in the last day and updated the release date info, banner image, and such.

I prefer this banner image. Actually hope it replaces the box art as well. The xbox page has the same image.

Also:
capture6osth.png

With an all-time peak of 5.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Dead Rising 1 is one of my all time favorite games. I didn't pick it up on PC since I decided to grab it on Xbox One for the nostalgia of playing the 360 version to death back in the day (Got 900/1000 GS, Only thing I didn't do was the survival stuff since it would have taken like a whole day in real time).
I was a huge fan of it's blend of being funny while also serious (Which I felt the other games started to lean more towards funny). Along with the time mechanic which was a big draw of the game. I'm not big on "I gotta see everything and spend 60+ hours taking pictures". So a game that rewards memorizing the layout, and has you on a timer to play fast is just the best.

So as it goes for Dead Rising 1 is still the best in my eyes. Case Zero would probably be my second favorite. Then Dead Rising OTR, 2, and then 3. Case West is actually my least favorite. But I need to play it again (Was hoping capcom would port those as well). Since I only played it once, so I might just not have given it a fair shake back when I did.

What's the banner image look like now? When was the last capcom sale anyway? I could see them doing another and having "RE7 up for preorder as well"

Also:
capture6osth.png

The one you posted, it was at least a week ago that image of the shadowy girl standing in front of the plantation, so it was updated to the keyart somewhere in the last week.

And actually I hadn't thought about Capcom doing that pre-order incentive thing they did with a few RE games, it might be a possibility.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Fuck me.

I had to reset my windows install and I lost everything on my C: including the Steam client.

I redownloaded the client and none of my games are showing up as installed even though they're on a different drive. Is there any way to point the steam client to where my games were installed or do I really have to redownload everything?

This is all thanks to Forza Horizon 3 and MS' new shitty PC games initiative for the record.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hopefully Valve extends the recently-implemented region-specific header image functionality to app names so Resident Evil games can actually be titled properly.

I redownloaded the client and none of my games are showing up as installed even though they're on a different drive. Is there any way to point the steam client to where my games were installed or do I really have to redownload everything?

Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Steam Library Folders -> Add Library Folder and select the folder containing your game installations (e.g. D:\Stuff\Games), then restart Steam.

Edit: Actually, restarting shouldn't be necessary. The games should automagically appear as installed.

Shantom

Fuck me.

I had to reset my windows install and I lost everything on my C: including the Steam client.

This is all thanks to Forza Horizon 3 and MS' new shitty PC games initiative for the record.

Steam > Settings > Downloads > Steam Library Folders

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Hopefully Valve extends the recently-implemented region-specific header image functionality to app names so Resident Evil games can actually be titled properly.

Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Steam Library Folders -> Add Library Folder and select the folder containing your game installations (e.g. D:\Stuff\Games), then restart Steam.

Steam > Settings > Downloads > Steam Library Folders

Thanks guys.

~Kinggi~

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (~Kinggi~, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
Prison Architect -- MB-4567EDBEE94D124E - Taken by freshVeggie
Runestone Keeper -- MB-A8FD1237961B8BD4 - Taken by Baron_Calamity

Amazon seems to have left my GPU "by or near the front door". I swear that shit best be there or I'm gonna be very upset.

I thought expensive packages required signatures?

Levyne

Banned
Amazon seems to have left my GPU "by or near the front door". I swear that shit best be there or I'm gonna be very upset.

I thought so too but somehow my last gpu ended up at the wrong address somehow x_x

But that was newegg and fedex, hate fedex, I'll even take usps over that

rtcn63

I talked to someone who worked at the post office a few months back, and they said front porch mail theft was a growing problem. Personally, I'd hire a sex robot.

KingKong

when I built my pc, I got all my parts in two shipments and they just left ~600$ worth at the door both times. The good news is if something goes wrong Amazon ships replacements immediately

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I've had my contacts being left at my front door. -_-
I actually trust the USPS more because they leave boxes in the mailbox locker.

Nzyme32

I didn't realise Gordon Freeman left Half-Life to be in The Crew.

The voice is disappointing, as is the backwards character names in this alternate Half-Life universe

85SjNQj.jpg

I've had my contacts being left at my front door. -_-
I actually trust the USPS more because they leave boxes in the mailbox locker.

Worse Amazon have done for me is have the courier ring the door bell, only to promptly go to the house across the street and give it to them because "I wasn't in" when it only took me 3 secs to get to the door but the neighbour was off to work.

There was also a time one Christmas where Amazon delivered so late I assumed they didn't send it or sent it to the wrong place - however, credit to them, they sent another package with all the items special delivery within 2 days in time for Christmas - - - - 3 days after Christmas, I got the original package and all the stuff - gave it all to friends at New Years!

AHA-Lambda

On the 2nd last level of chapter 8 now in Clustertruck, fuck it's getting hard D:

In fact the last level I just did was borderline impossible, took me over an hour to complete! >_<

That level is basically fucked over by RNG, as the trucks never react in a consistent way over the drops, in fact most of the time many of the trucks will spin out of control or blow up, leaving you with very little to actually move forward with. I think devs actually need to take a serious look at this level.

EDIT: going by the game's discussion page, I'm not the only one that's had bother with that level. Some are saying it may be a framerate bug that's affecting how the trucks behave =/

I kind of need a mod to weigh on the acceptability of me putting up a running thread asking people to post in the thread when someone behind them coughs right on their fucking head.

Also, I want Quantam Break for cheap.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I kind of need a mod to weigh on the acceptability of me putting up a running thread asking people to post in the thread when someone behind them coughs right on their fucking head.

Br00TCn.gif

mrgone

Also, I want Quantam Break for cheap.

"So which hogwarts house dominates NeoGAF?"
"Do Batman's parents need to be murdered?"
"Bronut before Donut - Meet this delectable Alton Brown Bonut creation"
"Pottermore - what's your Patronus?"
"Do you enjoy camping?"
"I Found A Bug in My Food"

You definitely don't need mod approval for a thread like that in Off-Topic

Tizoc

OK here's a question to see how willing you people are to put your money where your mouth is:
Let us say, hypothetically, that S-E announces Dragon Quest 8 HD for consoles and Steam, but isn't based on the 3DS ver. Now would you be willing to buy the game if it was sold in the $30-40 range? Keep in mind that this is a lengthy jRPG with replayability.

So Yay or Nay?

Personally, I'd go Yay, I like the game enough that that price range is fine for the content I'm getting, and I KNOW the content I'm getting.
ASeRX3G.jpg

Eurogamer's article has some prototype screenshots.

Looks very atmospheric. They got the folks behind STASIS for this project who also did these screens. Looking forward to it (still need to play Wasteland 2).

Is it still on Unity though?

OK here's a question to see how willing you people are to put your money where your mouth is:
Let us say, hypothetically, that S-E announces Dragon Quest 8 HD for consoles and Steam, but isn't based on the 3DS ver. Now would you be willing to buy the game if it was sold in the $30-40 range? Keep in mind that this is a lengthy jRPG with replayability.

So Yay or Nay?

Personally, I'd go Yay, I like the game enough that that price range is fine for the content I'm getting, and I KNOW the content I'm getting.
ASeRX3G.jpg

Yay!

SquareEnix's $30 will be $20 converted to my regional pricing.

I also haven't finished it yet, despite having played the game like 3 times.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

I think the only problem with that thread is that the scope is pretty limited. Change it to everytime someone doesn't cough right on your head and you'll have something with legs.

Hell, it could end up in community.

So Yay or Nay?

ASeRX3G.jpg

Yay, I remember that it took me like 128 hrs to finish it... I want to replay it again on Steam...

Just finished Momodora III, it's short but was pleasant too bad I let
Mariel die, I might start a new save only to save her
. Are there any substantial differences in NG+?

mp1990

Banned
Just finished Momodora III, it's short but was pleasant too bad I let
Mariel die, I might start a new save only to save her
. Are there any substantial differences in NG+?
No difference whatsoever if I recall correctly, even the two characters play awfully similar. It's still worth a try to see how fast can you beat it though.

You guys scare me with your Amazon delivery stories but I got it and installed it, less than a half inch between my case and the GPU. Lol.

Used DDU to uninstall the old drivers and downloaded the current ones. Let's try this baby out. RIP 770 you did me good for almost 4 years.

You guys scare me with your Amazon delivery stories but I got it and installed it, less than a half inch between my case and the GPU. Lol.

Used DDU to uninstall the old drivers and downloaded the current ones. Let's try this baby out. RIP 770 you did me good for almost 4 years.

Which card did you get again? 1070?

Thank you.

I have the same card. White LEDs and I can't even see into my case, lol. Let's see if I can get it to 2ghz.

I use Afterburner to overclock it (the 4.3.0 Beta 14 version)...usually just set it to max power and temp limit (I never go anywhere that limit anyway) with the core clock +100 & memory clock +450...fan I just put at 60%...usually gets me 2ghz or near 2.1 depending on the game

Aw yeah! I made it to Hell for the first time in Spelunky. Took me only a hundred hours :)
Went farther than I imagined for everything being new but died in 5-3 to a Shopkeeper at the exit while being chased by the ghost. So close, haha. I'm not even mad though. Was not expecting to make it at all. So good. What a fantastic game.

I use Afterburner to overclock it (the 4.3.0 Beta 14 version)...usually just set it to max power and temp limit (I never go anywhere that limit anyway) with the core clock +100 & memory clock +450...fan I just put at 60%...usually gets me 2ghz or near 2.1 depending on the game

How can you tell what the clock is in game? I looked at GPU-Z but +100 only gets the boost to ~1900 ish. +130 has me at 1915 boost.

Kudo

I paid 10$ for Quantum Break and was still let down, keep your expectations in check, it is no Alan Wake.
Hoping Remedy goes back to darker themes on their next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom