• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phinor

Quantum Break Timeless CE delayed, in Italy only apparently. Thanks THQ.

Definitely not Italy only. It's not available in Finland, it's not available in North America, in fact if it's available in your country, it's probably an exception right now.

Ludens

Banned
Definitely not Italy only. It's not available in Finland, it's not available in North America, in fact if it's available in your country, it's probably an exception right now.

Oh, I'm not following GAF so I thought it was a Italy only thing, since I saw other people claiming their orders with the CE shipped.
THQ strikes again.

Phinor

Oh, I'm not following GAF so I thought it was a Italy only thing, since I saw other people claiming their orders with the CE shipped.
THQ strikes again.

It's shipping in some parts of the world so by next week the availability should be... better. In fact few Swedish retailers have their games already, but Finnish retailers don't. But as you said, it's still a fail, today was release date and they failed to get copies into stores.

Ludens

Banned
It's shipping in some parts of the world so by next week the availability should be... better. In fact few Swedish retailers have their games already, but Finnish retailers don't. But as you said, it's still a fail, today was release date and they failed to get copies into stores.

I don't also understand why I didn't receive a notification via SMS or something like that from Gamestop. I mean, there's a delay, inform me. Even because I can't find about this delay on Internet, I know about it only because the clerk informed me (and Gamestop's site now reports the October 6th date).

Phinor

I don't also understand why I didn't receive a notification via SMS or something like that from Gamestop. I mean, there's a delay, inform me. Even because I can't find about this delay on Internet, I know about it only because the clerk informed me (and Gamestop's site now reports the October 6th date).

Slightly offtopic but Finnish Gamestop is really doing their own thing with PC prices. Quantum Break PC version has an RRP of 40€, it's 69.95€ at Gamestop. I checked few other prices and Eternal Crusade with RRP of 50€ is 69.95€ but temporarily discounted to 54.95€. On the other hand Mafia 3 has RRP of 49.95€ and it's 49.95€ so it seems all very random.

Ludens

Banned
Slightly offtopic but Finnish Gamestop is really doing their own thing with PC prices. Quantum Break PC version has an RRP of 40€, it's 69.95€ at Gamestop. I checked few other prices and Eternal Crusade with RRP of 50€ is 69.95€ but temporarily discounted to 54.95€. On the other hand Mafia 3 has RRP of 49.95€ and it's 49.95€ so it seems all very random.

Here is 41€, I had some credit and I decided to get it now to get rid of it...thinking about the fact I didn't need to download 60 GB from Steam. I'm pretty sure there will be at least 10 gb to download when it will release the next week between the files Steam download when you install from disc and maybe patches etc.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Heaven Island -- MB-DCCDFAC88620D68D - Taken by rainking187
Heaven Island Life #4 -- MB-03C093F2783A7229 - Taken by electroflame
Heaven Island Life #5 -- MB-05DE858BE4A5654F - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt
Heaven Island Life #2 -- MB-7AE7C2E8574F702F - Taken by celsowmbr
Woodle Tree Adventures #3 -- MB-B37FB80075DCA086 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt
Woodle Tree Adventures #5 -- MB-5F552519AF553918 - Taken by Tizoc. 1 entrants total. - Taken by illusionary. 3 entrants total.
Overcast -- MB-CA42DC5A02AC6EEF - Taken by spacellama
Particula -- MB-2452B986DA93D33D - Taken by jesusraz
Woodle Tree Adventures #4 -- MB-A37015C291BD3F76 - Taken by jesusraz
Particula #2 -- MB-94B49FB75190B5B8 - Taken by gaiadyne
Particula #3 -- MB-4E51D6E602B826F0
Big Space Mess #2 -- MB-18F2B379A4D4844B - Taken by Loptous
Big Space Mess #3 -- MB-AF3F9CC6E6243512 - Taken by dave is ok

Also what the hell, the Deluxe Edition of Re7 is 95€ in Italy

https://store.playstation.com/#!/it...tion/cid=EP0102-CUSA03842_00-BH70000DELUXE001

Wasn't like 90 dollars from Us PSN?

Had a good run with great loot but I somehow missed the Statue to make suicide in World 3, so that was it for another Hell run. At least I finished the game at Olmec with a new personal highscore.
51TXkHw.jpg
Officially better than Ozium now!

Had a good run with great loot but I somehow missed the Statue to make suicide in World 3, so that was it for another Hell run. At least I finished the game at Olmec with a new personal highscore.

Officially better than Ozium now!

I just added you on steam. I happen to play a lot of Spelunky too (but I'm still fairly bad at it).

Ludens

Banned
I'm tempted to cancel my pre-order of QB from Gamestop, dunno. The game seems nothing great, the performance is not great too...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Xanathus

I'm tempted to cancel my pre-order of QB from Gamestop, dunno. The game seems nothing great, the performance is not great too...

I watched a full playthrough of it on Twitch, the game isn't really anything great. The biggest issue I have with it is how ridiculously huge the game's file size is and I do not know if the Steam version even includes the live-action videos.

madjoki

I watched a full playthrough of it on Twitch, the game isn't really anything great. The biggest issue I have with it is how ridiculously huge the game's file size is and I do not know if the Steam version even includes the live-action videos.

It does not. Only streaming for PC.

neoemonk

I need to keep an eye out on Danganronpa sales. I have the first one on Vita but I'm getting more and more interested in everything on PC these days.

AHA-Lambda

It took me an hour, but I really can't give you any good ones. Playing safe is better than playing fast I suppose, I used slow mo + grappling hook cos that gives you a lot of rescues.

Once the boss gets his arm stuck, will it come loose if you take too long?

I did the same. Honestly, I couldn't justify AAA cinematic games with less than 20 hours length anymore. I'd rather watch the full playthrough instead. Those games are usually brain dead easy anyway. I've also watched The Order, Until Dawn, and Uncharted 4. No regret.

Grief.exe

Is it one of those games with legitimate performance problems? Or does it have expensive settings that ignorant of users are claiming ad unoptimized?

Vlad

They traded rotoscoping for ... some paper dolls homer simpsons ?

Yeah, I'm not really digging that artstyle. The choppy running animation of the original really helped with the frantic nature of the game. It's not even so much that I mind the change, it's just that the new one really isn't doing it for me.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I'll take Super over Enhanced any day. Super sounds like a total upgrade, enhanced just gives off the vibe of "kinda better"

It's all in the wording! Plus trailer hype. Sorry, the dream is dead jshackles.

:p

It's based on Enhanced Steam. iirc. Jshacles said they even asked permission (which isn't technically required because i'ts open source).

I see, still kinda strange somehow...

Knurek

That's my card too, will have to wait an see. If it is performance issues, I'd imagine Remedy will curb them over time.

I wouldn't hold my breath for that - it's clear that Remedy bit more than they could eat... The engine is doing things modern GPUs are just not up to par to handle.
Might be decent performance in a 2-3 generations, provided the streamed FMVs are still around by that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom