• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nezzhil

Hows the performance compared to the first

For my the performance suffered a bit. I don't have a high end pc, but I can run Warhammer 1 with everything in High at 50-60 fps. Warhammer 2 with the same config runs at ~35-45, so I needed to set it on normal to run it near 50 fps :(
I think it's because my nvidia only have 2gb of vmemory (the amount needed by the first one) and the sequel needs the double.

Thank you! That Danganronpa is so tempting... But I'll resist, I want it on Vita, best platform for VNs.

You are welcome to enter the drawing anyway.
I haven't been able buy a copy of Danganronpa 3 in advance because of the changes to gifting on Steam, and due to the fact that the game is only sold there. So if you win, and if you'd rather have a copy for Vita, then we can probably figure something out.

Thorgal

does one need to have played any previous Daganronpa games to understand V3?

Also does Eligibility for modbot giveaways work after entering ?

like i enter for DGR V3 when i only have 4 posts and then i make another post to get to 5 posts . will it put my entry to the pile or will it still be blocked ?

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

BLUE ESTATE THE GAME -- MB-581F5D526DEB8279 - Taken by Rickenslacker
I am Bread -- MB-C679FCDA688B334A - Taken by purseowner

Uzzy

Is that WH2? I so want to play it, can't wait for the price to drop a little.

Yeah, it's WH2. Bundlestars has it for £33, but that's the cheapest I've found.

Also, Malekith has been a very naughty boy, trying to take back Naggarond after I 'liberated' it from him. I'll have to ground him.

OWJnZow.jpg

does one need to have played any previous Daganronpa games to understand V3?

Also does Eligibility for modbot giveaways work after entering ?

like i enter for DGR V3 when i only have 4 posts and then i make another post to get to 5 posts . will it put my entry to the pile or will it still be blocked ?

If I'm not mistaken eligibility works after entering, also the number of posts also take in consideration if you had 5 or more posts in the previous thread iirc.

JarrodL

Killer Instinct doesn't look too good after 2 days. Too early for SteamSpy numbers, but it's not even in top 20 global top sellers any more, and daily player count is in 300-500 range.

Fighting games don't sell on Steam = confirmed.

Killer Instinct doesn't look too good after 2 days. Too early for SteamSpy numbers, but it's not even in top 20 global top sellers any more, and daily player count is in 300-500 range.

Or at least 4 year late releases that eschew the primary sales model don't sell well.

JarrodL

Or at least 4 year late releases that eschew the primary sales model don't sell well.

I've never seen so many complaints that a title is not F2P in my life before. It's kind of bewildering to me, to be honest. Also, the price/value ratio of the package is pretty damn great.

Endruen

Ucchedavāda;250494782 said:
You are welcome to enter the drawing anyway.
I haven't been able buy a copy of Danganronpa 3 in advance because of the changes to gifting on Steam, and due to the fact that the game is only sold there. So if you win, and if you'd rather have a copy for Vita, then we can probably figure something out.

That's very generous of you, thank you.

I've never seen so many complaints that a title is not F2P in my life before. It's kind of bewildering to me, to be honest. Also, the price/value ratio of the package is pretty damn great.

Doesnt change the fact that the game is already really really old now. I will wait for a bigger sale e.g.

It is! But it's definitely easier to get people on board to dip their toes by having something out there to try with no commitment, especially on something that's now so old. I picked it up, but you really can't just plop something on Steam at the EOL of content after all the hype has come and gone and the tournament scene has shriveled up and expect that to be a popular seller. I picked it up due to having friends that already have it elsewhere that want me to play.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
Torchlight (GOG) -- MB-58B90B1D4BE0C1BC - Taken by TheGreenArrow. 1 entrants total.

t1506784875z1.png

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Why would people pay for it, when its f2p elsewhere?

Don't know if it's been posted, but that publisher that got almost 200 products removed from Steam released a statement. I gotta say they're trying to be a bit too ignorant of what they were actually doing here.

There's so much quality stuff in their statement:

Silicon Echo is an account completely separated from Zonitron Productions even though it is connected in some ways

[..]

People who are calling us asset flippers are correct only partially......

[..]

We are no heroes, we have indeed sometimes been conducting our business with some practices people may call shady.

[..]

All that being said, we do not hold anything against anyone, especially not against the hating community because in a way, we can understand their frustrations.

[..]

As for Valve, we have had a good run and can hardly say it was a bad one. Looks like it is all about business, after all.

But they want people to feel sorry for them, because they were doing a proper game now, that can't be released on Steam.

Don't know if it's been posted, but that publisher that got almost 200 products removed from Steam released a statement. I gotta say they're trying to be a bit too ignorant of what they were actually doing here.

For example, creating more developer names even though they were on the same account and listed under the same publisher. This was done primarily for easier statistical tracking as we did not believe it to be a problem since all the games were publicly listed under the same publisher and there was no deception included.

SURE!

Also this:

Unfortunately for us, we have been investing in Steam Direct fees for some time now thinking that our business strategy is being approved by Valve and have been buying fees on daily basis, but the moment we stopped buying them and had about 40 or them unused, our business gets terminated.

They bought 40 fees so they wanted to develop 40 games at once...

Xater

What is exactly free in f2p version of the game? I heard that you need to spend real money to get everything included in the Steam version.

If I remember correctly you get to play one character. Unlocking stuff through the F2P system is also more expensive than just buying everything in Steam. The F2P version of KI is a joke.

JarrodL

What is exactly free in f2p version of the game? I heard that you need to spend real money to get everything included in the Steam version.

You get one rotating (as in, it changes every week or so) character that can be played for free. If you want to keep playing that character after it "expires", you need to buy them.

Jawmuncher

I think a big part of WinStore experiences are your internet connection slows. The faster the better. If you’re like me and have a slow internet connection it’s hell.

I still remember trying to download Gears of War 4 and it’s resetting every 20gigs or so. Never kept to play it on pc because of it.

Dinjoralo

The amount of content in KI was a steal at $60 when I got it, and y'all are complaining about it being $40 with even more stuff? Sure.

Cuphead is like super good. A brawl is surely brewing!

Phinor

I think a big part of WinStore experiences are your internet connection slows. The faster the better. If you’re like me and have a slow internet connection it’s hell.

I still remember trying to download Gears of War 4 and it’s resetting every 20gigs or so. Never kept to play it on pc because of it.

The store and UWP had (and still has) so many issues that connection speed or quality is just one factor out of many. I have a rock solid 100/100Mbit connection and I had to re-install Windows to be able to install Forza Horizon 3 last year. Recently Forza 7 demo simply refused to install past ~1 megabyte or so. Turns out I had to start my Xbox to be able to download the demo past one megabyte on Windows. After the demo installed, my Forza Horizon 3 stopped working. It worked the day before just fine, the day after it would freeze the whole computer in the main menu. Uninstalled the demo, re-installed FH3 and it's working just fine again.

Individual experience may differ but average matters and Windows Store is still way behind the competition. On the positive side they have steadily improved the store and everything surrounding it since Quantum Break (that was another nice shit-show whether you want to blame the Store, UWP or Remedy) but it's taking way too long to get things into a state where everyone can just click install and it works. Forza 7 demo was just another reminder that it's still not there.

Tizoc

DanganRonpa V3's keyboard inputs are a little messy. During minigames, pressing certain keys that the game tells you comes out wrong, so you end up having to press another key from the WASD set to get the right action. I might switch to using my controller during the minigames in this case.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is it me or is Hob's buzz much lower than what it "should" be.

Anteater

bought cuphead cuz why not, 15bucks here with regional pricing and i made like 6 bucks from cards, sure it'll probably be like 50% off in a month or two but eh

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-C424CB876ED72888 - Taken by voodooray. 17 entrants total.

t1506800687z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom