• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

How the hell do I change the resolution in QB? It defaults to 720p for some reason and I can't change it.

If i remember correctly, QB had this awesome feature where 1080p in the menu was actually upscaled 720p with 4x MSAA or something, if that's what you're talking about.

gdt

If i remember correctly, QB had this awesome feature where 1080p in the menu was actually upscaled 720p with 4x MSAA or something, if that's what you're talking about.

No I mean the actual resolution, after I turn off scaling. There's an option for changing it but I can't. Won't give me any choices but 720p lol

Edit: never mind, reboot fixed it . Let's start this up

Adnor

Banned
Just finished Mafia II, I liked it, but the city was boring, it would have been better if it was mission based instead of open world. The atmosphere was pretty good and I really liked the shotgun even tho it's range isn't really the best.

It looks like Mafia 3 will fix the main problem of this game, making the city much more interesting (A pastiche of New Orleans instead of New York which most open world games use). Also I really want to play with a character that kill members of No-KKK-But-KKK.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not a huge change, but a nice one. I finally got around to updating the visual style / layout of the various options Enhanced Steam adds to the badges page.

8.8:
HgXloZ1.png

8.9:
mCcCb9X.png

The features still work the same way, but it saves quite a bit of space.

Tagyhag

Man, it's really a shame about Quantum Break. I was hoping the Steam release would come with major performance improvements.

The fuck happened to Remedy?

dreamfall

The Humble Bundle store Mafia III preorder for $30 was honored - check your page for Key and preorder bonus. That was pretty awesome of them.

gdt

turning the upscaling thing off tanks performance all around...leaving it on should help things (I know that's not what people want to do but the option is there to at least help the game run better)

It's ......ok......now. I don't have that on, my 980ti is putting in work right now.

JarrodL

The fuck happened to Remedy?

Something like this:

They started developing for XB1 instead of for PC. Then Microsoft came to them with a draft of their UWP format and said: "Check this out, convert your engine to this and your game will work BOTH on XB1 and PC. How cool is that. And you totally won't even have to change a thing in your code for that PC release, just follow the instructions." Remedy believed them. And now it's simply too late to rewrite everything so it works as it should on PC.

Hoooooly shit QB performs like stuttery shit.

The stuttering represents the fractured mind of Jack Joyce and his struggle to come to grips with his new powers, the stuttering in game is perfectly suited for the games story, Remedy thought that even a stable framerate would comfort the player, so they opted for the braver approach of having stuttering be part of the game so the player can feel the struggle that Jack is facing, a completely immersive feature, absolutely brilliant move. Bravo, Remedy, Bravo.

What do I play with my 1070? 1440p and 60fps in AAA games is incredible.

minesweeper in 4K

The stuttering represents the fractured mind of Jack Joyce and his struggle to come to grips with his new powers, the stuttering in game is perfectly suited for the games story, Remedy thought that even a stable framerate would comfort the player, so they opted for the braver approach of having stuttering be part of the game so the player can feel the struggle that Jack is facing, a completely immersive feature, absolutely brilliant move. Bravo, Remedy, Bravo.

funny enough there actually is a "stutter" mechanic in the game when you can effect time or whatever (at least I think I'm remembering that right)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Don't question their artistic vision

tumblr_nm6wapHozu1r3kmkso1_500.gif

minesweeper in 4K

funny enough there actually is a "stutter" mechanic in the game when you can effect time or whatever (at least I think I'm remembering that right)

Yeah I know there is stuttering during the bits when time freezes and some of the characters are stuttering around in time, it's actually is a pretty cool effect you could probably hide some real game stuttering into the games "artistic" stuttering lol.

Careful mate there be tilted people among steamgaf
Sega could not even get a new sonic game released in 2016, most we got was a game based on the cartoon, so dont count on it ;p

I suspect they may announce more than 1 port or re release this year

:"")
It should be announced in a week btw.

MUnited83

For you.
Something like this:

They started developing for XB1 instead of for PC. Then Microsoft came to them with a draft of their UWP format and said: "Check this out, convert your engine to this and your game will work BOTH on XB1 and PC. How cool is that. And you totally won't even have to change a thing in your code for that PC release, just follow the instructions." Remedy believed them. And now it's simply too late to rewrite everything so it works as it should on PC.
UWP stands for Universally Woeful Programs

J_Viper

So Steam won't update for me.

It keeps getting stuck at the initial update process when Steam is launched for the first time.

How do I fix this?

EDIT: Never mind, I got it

What do I play with my 1070? 1440p and 60fps in AAA games is incredible.

When I jumped up to a 1080 I instantly went to Rise of the Tomb Raider and Witcher 3; those are two great "stress tests" for your new card. They also look *amazing* with all the bells and whistles enabled; i'd imagine a 1070 can crush those two games at 1440p the same as a 1080 can.

kagamin

Finished the RE5 DLC, Lost in Nightmares was fun but the boss fight was a little annoying, Desperate Escape was great and fast paced.

Monooboe

Ok, I have to come clean... I really like the graphics in Nidhog 2.XD I think it might because it looks exactly like the same style as the violent drawings as me and my friends used to do when we were kids. I think that style in the game lets them get away with brutal violence in a way that can be amusing.

Phinor

Oh wait it's just a preview of their Fig page? I thought it was just going to be a preview playable build of Wasteland 3.

Just a preview of the website, yes. I doubt there's anything playable anytime soon considering their targeted release date right now is Q4 2019. If you think about it, it's likely that Wasteland 3 releases in 2020 and even typing that year is mind blowing right now. 2020 is some distant future year so far away we couldn't even predict how the world looks then but in few months it's less than 3 years away.

All things considered its a very impressive little machine. There are hundreds upon hundreds of games on Steam that would work great with it. Once it releases it will instantly be the GOAT handheld.

Of course it'll be. And that's not even accounting emulation up to PS2/GC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom