• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - September 2016

Robin64

Probably it was a Nintendolife typo. NintenDaan's PR doesn't show Yo-kai watch sale either.

It was strange that Nintendo put a sale when the game is still selling fine.

What's amusing is you can see how many sites copy their article from NintendoLife given how many list it.

Shiggy

Hey everyone, I guess Polara wasn't updated on that list by the publisher or...something, but it is coming to the eShop September 15, 2016.

I might have a couple codes to give away, just need to figure out the best way to do so :D

Circle Entertainment posted on Twitter:

Polara will hitting on NA/EU 3DS eShop this week. RT & follow @CIRCLE_Ent & @HTWGames will have chance win a free code.

Give us a follow and RT if you'd like to have a chance to get a code as well.

Take it easy :D

Not sure what went wrong here, but it's actually out in Europe next week (22/9). Price will be 5 Euros.

Don't you want to give me a free code now? :p

Shizza

Nah, a few new shorter levels based on the SNES ones, with a NES ROB as the boss each time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5HK_g4Kng8

Well this is a pleasant surprise! I've been considering picking this one up for a bit, but you may have just sold me on it with the Star Fox parts. Totally missed that they were part of this game.

So want a real VC release of Star Fox...

Me too! I'd love a SuperFX game dump if they ever get the licensing (or whatever is holding it up) sorted out. Yoshi's Island and Stunt Racer FX would also be nabbed!

LayLa

Don't think it's been mentioned but the Skipmore game Picontier is coming to 3DS and looks quite nice, apparently a "slow living miniscape RPG" - looks like a pixel art simplified Rune Factory judging by the trailer?
Odd that there is a typo in pretty much the first dialog box though :/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqa2bJEPhVA

I need some Noitu Love: Devolution impressions! It's the first Wii U game I've been interested in for months and it looks awesome.

Also, I agree with those wanting a VC release of Star Fox. I've been waiting since 2006....

tolkir

Week 37 finished

sinttulooduu2.png

eShop Original Software

eShop Retail Software

Virtual Console
Wii Software

Demo

• Just Dance 2017 (Ubisoft)
    - NA: Available | EU: Release | JP: TBA -
Sales

NA
  • Tilelicious: Delicious Tiles is more than 65 percent off (reduced from $5.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 21.
  • Tachyon Project is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 22.
  • Stone Shire is more than 35 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 29.
  • Vector Assault is 20 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $3.99) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Sept. 16 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 30.
  • Midnight is 20 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1.59) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 6.
  • Master Reboot is more than 65 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 13.
EU
  • Futuridium EP Deluxe (MixedBag Games, €7.99 / £5.99 until 22nd September, normally €9.99/ £7.99)
  • The Quiet Collection (Nostatic Games, €2.69 / £1.79 until 22nd September, normally €4.49 / £2.99)
  • Tachyon Project (Eclipse Games, €4.99 / £4.49 until 22nd September, normally €9.99 / £8.99)
  • Citizens of Earth (Atlus, €4.99 / £4.00 until 29th September, normally €11.99 / £9.99)
  • STEEL LORDS (nuGAME, €7.50 / £6.00 until 12th October, normally €14.99 / £10.99)
  • Master Reboot (Wales Interactive, €4.59 / £3.99 until 13th October, normally €11.99 / £9.99)
new3ds57uac8yu6i.png

eShop Original Software

• Futuridium EP Deluxe (MixedBag Srl | $7.99 | {€7.99 | £5.99 until 10/22, then €9.99 / £7.99}) *cross-buy* Trailer
    futuridiumepdeluxeuhorr.jpg

- NA: Available, EU: Release, JP: TBA -
new3dsfuuda.png

eShop Original Software

eShop Retail Software

Downloadable Content

• Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice (Capcom)
    Asinine Attorney ($TBD | €3.99 | £3.59 | ¥TBD)
    - NA: Release | EU: Release | JP: Available -
Demo

• Yo-kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits & Fleshy Souls (Nintendo)
    - NA: Release | EU: TBA | JP: Available -
Sales

NA
  • Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX is 25 percent off (reduced from $39.99 to $29.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 26.
  • Code of Princess is more than 65 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 26.
  • SEGA 3D Classics Collection is more than 33 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $19.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 26.
  • Alphadia and Chronus Arc from Kemco are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 29.
  • Nano Assault EX is 25 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $7.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 6.
  • More sales
EU
  • Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson (Marvelous Europe, €17.99 / £14.99 until 29th September, normally €29.99 / £24.99)
  • Alphadia (KEMCO, €4.99 / £4.49 until 29th September, normally €9.99 / £8.99)
  • Chronus Arc (KEMCO, €4.99 / £4.49 until 29th September, normally €9.99 / £8.99)
  • Citizens of Earth (Atlus, €4.99 / £4.00 until 29th September, normally €11.99 / £9.99)
  • Puzzle Labyrinth (CIRCLE Entertainment, €3.99 / £3.39 until 6th October, normally €5.00 / £4.29)
  • Conveni Dream (CIRCLE Entertainment, €3.99 / £3.59 until 6th October, normally €5.00 / £4.50)
  • More sales

GulAtiCa

November/December is going to a very interesting time for me, assuming mine & Camjo-Z's game Drop It: Block Paradise! passes Cert in Oct. It's now like 97% done. In the final weeks of development. :)

Noitu Love is required playing. I'm three levels in and the variety in...everything is amazing. Locations, level design, boss fights music, enemies...it's all amazing.

This is the best eShop game released this year. Hands down. It's a better 2D action game than Treasure's Astro Boy. Let that sink in.

zroid

Banned
Noitu Love is required playing. I'm three levels in and the variety in...everything is amazing. Locations, level design, boss fights music, enemies...it's all amazing.

This is the best eShop game released this year. Hands down. It's a better 2D action game than Treasure's Astro Boy. Let that sink in.

Never heard of this before, but it actually looks very cool. may just check it out.

k, I'm in.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

Okay, as someone who really liked that GBA Astro Boy game, this sounds tempting. I just wonder if I should get it on 3DS or Wii U....

Also reminder that the SMT IV: Apocalypse theme is available & free.

Can I use multiple prepaid Nintendo e-shop cards on a single purchase?

I have some Best Buy certificates I'm looking to use to buy pre\paid e-shop cards, but I only want $30 worth and it seems the best way to do this is to buy three $10 cards.

Looking to buy Picross 3D Round 2

PtM

Banned
nevermind, I only know of Europe. There's some funny shit going on in the Americas with cards…

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Can I use multiple prepaid Nintendo e-shop cards on a single purchase?

I have some Best Buy certificates I'm looking to use to buy pre\paid e-shop cards, but I only want $30 worth and it seems the best way to do this is to buy three $10 cards.

Looking to buy Picross 3D Round 2

I'm assuming you haven't used any before? Basically you just have a balance on the eshop that you can fill up with the cards (max $200). So when you enter the codes with the "add funds" option on the eshop, your balance will just accumulate with whatever you add and you can use it on whatever. If you want to make it a little easier, you can do a $20 card and a $10 card. There's also a $35 denomination as well.

So I'm looking at getting Noitu Love: Devolution wii U. It mentions on the purchase page that the wii U version is 50% off if you own the 3ds version. Does anyone know if that works the other way too? I probably don't need it on both but for some reason I am resistant to buy it on Wii U until I know.

zroid

Banned
So I'm looking at getting Noitu Love: Devolution wii U. It mentions on the purchase page that the wii U version is 50% off if you own the 3ds version. Does anyone know if that works the other way too? I probably don't need it on both but for some reason I am resistant to buy it on Wii U until I know.

yeah it says the same thing on 3DS. 50% off if you buy the Wii U version.

I was able to get Polara and I must say I am pleasantly surprised . I wasn't feeling it at first , but when I got to level 20 I really started to appreciate some of the ideas the game laid out. It may not look like much, but it can really put you on the spot at times. They give you enough chances to save, so I like that overall. There seems to be boss battles every 10 stages, or at least where I am at in the game.( almost level 30)

I really like how the game gives you motive to go back and replay levels. They put in special icons that help you unlock other things in the game and some of them can be in strange crazy places. However the thing I really liked while replaying the levels is the collecting of the POLARA letters. It's like Donkey Kong Country wise, but each letter has a certain color and you can only collect that letter if you are the same color. So I liked the twist on that. There's a random level mode I been enjoying too.

I wish the presentation was a bit more , it seems rather uninteresting at times . There is a story to the game, but it's just kinda there. I wish there was more range of music. My biggest bum is lack of 3D, but I guess that would be kinda much at times.lol

Overall though I was surprised in a good way and am already dreading trying to flawless some of these levels. I can see this sticking around on my homescreen for my 3DS for a bit. I think it's a neat little game, maybe not the most exciting in presentation , but I'm finding the ideas to be fun .

I'm assuming you haven't used any before? Basically you just have a balance on the eshop that you can fill up with the cards (max $200). So when you enter the codes with the "add funds" option on the eshop, your balance will just accumulate with whatever you add and you can use it on whatever. If you want to make it a little easier, you can do a $20 card and a $10 card. There's also a $35 denomination as well.

Nope! Only ever used CC for purchases.

Thanks for the info tho! Soon Picross 3D Round 2 will be mine.

Camjo-Z

I was able to get Polara and I must say I am pleasantly surprised . I wasn't feeling it at first , but when I got to level 20 I really started to appreciate some of the ideas the game laid out. It may not look like much, but it can really put you on the spot at times. They give you enough chances to save, so I like that overall. There seems to be boss battles every 10 stages, or at least where I am at in the game.( almost level 30)

I really like how the game gives you motive to go back and replay levels. They put in special icons that help you unlock other things in the game and some of them can be in strange crazy places. However the thing I really liked while replaying the levels is the collecting of the POLARA letters. It's like Donkey Kong Country wise, but each letter has a certain color and you can only collect that letter if you are the same color. So I liked the twist on that. There's a random level mode I been enjoying too.

I wish the presentation was a bit more , it seems rather uninteresting at times . There is a story to the game, but it's just kinda there. I wish there was more range of music. My biggest bum is lack of 3D, but I guess that would be kinda much at times.lol

Overall though I was surprised in a good way and am already dreading trying to flawless some of these levels. I can see this sticking around on my homescreen for my 3DS for a bit. I think it's a neat little game, maybe not the most exciting in presentation , but I'm finding the ideas to be fun .

I got a free copy from Twitter and I entirely agree with your assessment. The graphics and sound remind me of some long-lost budget DS game, but the gameplay is pretty decent and they manage to squeeze more out of the gimmick than you'd expect.

For anyone who's wondering what the heck we're talking about, the game is an autorunner with two-button controls and an Ikaruga-style color switching mechanic.

sheaaaa

Anyone know how Noitu Love differs from the Steam version? Tempted to get it on 3DS to see how it controls with a stylus. Great game.

-shadow-

So how is Futuridium EP Deluxe Cross-Buy going to work without a New 3DS (I'm still rocking the original model)? I simply won't be able to add it onto my account at all or is it already and I just can't download it yet?

TheMoon

So how is Futuridium EP Deluxe Cross-Buy going to work without a New 3DS (I'm still rocking the original model)? I simply won't be able to add it onto my account at all or is it already and I just can't download it yet?

cross-buy never works in the way that you automatically own it. you always need to "buy" it for 0 moneys. but just do it from the website and it's yours no matter what hardware you have.

Ninja Dom

I thought I'd ask here.

Last year I sold my Nintendo 3DS. I had my Nintendo account on it and had plenty of purchases from the eShop.

Now I'm planning on buying a New Nintendo 3DS. What will I get back when I log into my Nintendo account on the new unit? Will I be able to re-download the old eShop games I bought previously?

PtM

Banned
I thought I'd ask here.

Last year I sold my Nintendo 3DS. I had my Nintendo account on it and had plenty of purchases from the eShop.

Now I'm planning on buying a New Nintendo 3DS. What will I get back when I log into my Nintendo account on the new unit? Will I be able to re-download the old eShop games I bought previously?
If you can convince Ninty's help desk that you formatted that old 3DS, they might assign your NNID to the new one. You can't just do it by yourself.

donny2112

You (alone) cannot transfer your NNID and games without the original system. You'll need to contact Nintendo Support, and they can transfer your NNID to your new device. You'll get access to all the download games you had before but no save data. They'll all be like new.

Edit:
Also if you sold your 3DS to a person (i.e. not a retailer) and the games were part of the purchase price, you'd be pulling the games off of that system and messing them up. If you sold it to GameStop, then they should've formatted the system, though, so no worries in that case.

Ninja Dom

I sold it to a store so the 3DS was formatted.

Thanks for your responses. It is possible but I have to contact Nintendo support. Cool.

TheMoon

I sold it to a store so the 3DS was formatted.

Thanks for your responses. It is possible but I have to contact Nintendo support. Cool.

Unless the store you sold it to was an asshole and actually deleted your NNID on top of formatting (formatting doesn't delete the ID, just removes it from the device until you log into it again on that same device).

Pokemaniac

Unless the store you sold it to was an asshole and actually deleted your NNID on top of formatting (formatting doesn't delete the ID, just removes it from the device until you log into it again on that same device).

IIRC you can't actually delete an NNID without knowing the password.

-shadow-

cross-buy never works in the way that you automatically own it. you always need to "buy" it for 0 moneys. but just do it from the website and it's yours no matter what hardware you have.

Yeah I can't do that. I get an error that account isn't properly set. But it does say that it's probably not hardware compatible. Guess I'm just out of luck.

DKoops

Neo Member
European downloads for the week

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Severed (Drinkbox Studios) - €14.99/£11.99 (€13.49/£10.79 until September 29, cross-buy offer allows you to download the Nintendo 3DS version for free)
Take control of a one-armed warrior named Sasha, wielding a living sword on her journey through a nightmare world in search of her family. Swipe-based touch controls will let you solve puzzles, find secrets, and do battle with a host of disturbing monsters. As the journey goes on, you’ll unlock new abilities, ascend an RPG-style upgrade tree, and tease apart the mysteries of the dark fantasy universe Sasha finds herself in.

Noitu Love: Devolution (MP2GAMES) - €8.99/£7.99 (€7.99/£6.99 until September 29, cross-buy offer allows you to download the Nintendo 3DS version for €4.49/£3.99)
Xoda Rap - the new Peacekeepers prodigy –has to protect the city from the onslaught of the evil Darn horde, thought to have been vanquished a hundred years ago! But this time, they bring with them more than just their grins, as the city is bending and deforming into different times and places! What could be going on?
Play through an action-packed, classic arcade-like game.

Double Breakout (nuGAME) - €7.00/£6.00
Double Breakout is a breakout game for one or two players combining game mechanics from a traditional breakout game and a pong game.
Play against the computer opponent aiming for a high score or compete against a friend through 20 exciting levels.
Supports Off-TV Play mode.

Laser Blaster (Petite Games) - €1.99/£1.79
Commander please save the planet! Protect your planet from waves of enemy lasers coming from the sky. Touch the Wii U GamePad screen to launch missiles and shoot the lasers down before they reach the surface. Buy upgrades from the upgrade shop to have faster and more powerful rockets. Earn the highest score possible before they destroy your last launcher station. Commander you are our last hope!

TITANS TOWER (RCMADIAX) - €1.49/£1.39
Climb the TOWER and grab the LOOT! In TITANS TOWER, jump the walls of the castle tower grabbing as much LOOT as you can. Many obstacles will stand in your way, but the reward is very big. Catch power-ups along the way to enhance your journey while capturing a high score!

Mahjong (Sanuk Games) - €4.99/£4.49
Play a Zen game! Rediscover the famous traditional Chinese game. Find all the matching pairs of tiles, being careful not to become blocked in, to get to the end of each level. Concentration and perceptiveness are needed to finish the gorgeous boards that we have produced for you.

Dreamals: Dream Quest (XINESS) - €9.99/£8.99
There is a world of dreams called Dreamland, where anyone can have their wishes granted. Three wounded and homeless animals happened to enter Dreamland. Will they be able to find the lost treasures of Dreamland and save the world? And will their wishes to regain their health and go back home safely come true?

Minecraft: Wii U Edition: Minecon 2016 Skin Pack (Mojang, Add-On Content available September 23) - Free

Special offers
Frankenstein - Master of Death (Joindots) - €7.19/£5.39 (Ends October 7, normally €7.99/£5.99)
Joe's Diner (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.75 (Ends October 7, normally €7.99/£5.99)
Suspension Railroad Simulator (Joindots) - €6.39/£4.79 (Ends October 7, normally €7.99/£5.99)
Paranautical Activity (Digerati) - €4.99/£3.99 (Ends October 6, normally €9.99/£8.99)
Stone Shire (Finger Fun Games) - €1.49/£1.39 (Ends October 13, normally €1.99/£1.79)
Word Party (Lightwood Games) - €7.99/£7.49 (Ends October 6, normally €15.99/£14.99)
Grand Prix Rock 'N Racing (EnjoyUp Games) - €4.95/£4.45 if you downloaded Rock'n Racing Off Road or Rock'n Racing Off Road DX (normally €7.99/£7.19)
3Souls (Red Column) - €2.70/£2.40 (Ends September 29, normally €3.60/£3.20)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Severed (Drinkbox Studios) - €14.99/£11.99 (€13.49/£10.79 until September 29, cross-buy offer allows you to download the Wii U version for free)
Take control of a one-armed warrior named Sasha, wielding a living sword on her journey through a nightmare world in search of her family. Swipe-based touch controls will let you solve puzzles, find secrets, and do battle with a host of disturbing monsters. As the journey goes on, you’ll unlock new abilities, ascend an RPG-style upgrade tree, and tease apart the mysteries of the dark fantasy universe Sasha finds herself in.

Noitu Love: Devolution (MP2GAMES) - €8.99/£7.99 (€7.99/£6.99 until September 29, cross-buy offer allows you to download the Wii U version for €4.49/£3.99)
Xoda Rap - the new Peacekeepers prodigy –has to protect the city from the onslaught of the evil Darn horde, thought to have been vanquished a hundred years ago! But this time, they bring with them more than just their grins, as the city is bending and deforming into different times and places! What could be going on?
Play through an action-packed, classic arcade-like game.

Polara (CIRCLE Ent.) - €5.00/£4.99
Polara is an action game that controls the protagonist Lara, who can change the colour of her defence suit to run throughout the whole city with the defensive system. By corresponding the suit colour with the defensive system's attacks, you can pass through it safely. Otherwise, you will be defeated if the colour is different. The only thing you can do is ""Jump"" and ""Change"". But simple doesn't mean it'll be easy. It's the new elemental speed run action that will be a challenge.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice: Apollo Justice: Asinine Attorney (CAPCOM, Add-On Content) - €3.99/£3.59
Permanent bonus: Download this add-on content and get the HOME menu theme “AA:Spirit of Justice Apollo Justice Pixel Art” for free.

Ashley's Recipe (Nintendo, theme available September 23) - €1.99/£1.79
Ashley the witch looks cool and collected as she prepares to make a super spooky soup. The Touch Screen shows the ingredients.

Special offers
Dan McFox: Head Hunter (Lightwood Games) - €1.99/£1.49 (Ends September 29, normally €2.49/£1.99)
Fantasy Pirates (EnjoyUp Games) - €0.99/£0.99 (Ends October 20, normally €4.50/£4.50)
Funfair Party Games (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.69 (Ends October 7, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Jewel Match 3 (Joindots) - €3.99/£2.85 (Ends October 7, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Pazuru (Joindots) - €4.49/£2.99 (Ends October 7, normally €5.99/£3.99)
Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D Download Version] (Zordix AB) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends September 29, normally €9.99/£8.99)
RV-7 My Drone (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.99/£1.99 (Ends October 20, normally €2.99/£2.99)
TOYS VS MONSTERS (EnjoyUp Games) - €0.99/£0.99 (Ends October 20, normally €3.99/£3.99)
VAN HELSING SNIPER ZX100 (EnjoyUp Games) - €2.99/£2.99 (Ends October 20, normally €6.66/£6.66)

L~A

What's amusing is you can see how many sites copy their article from NintendoLife given how many list it.

Maybe they copied from here. ;)

I know I'm almost a week late, but the PR NintendoLife uses is definitely the one from Nintendo UK, and that one definitely mentions the sale (though no price for some reasons).

YO-KAI WATCH® (Nintendo)
Nintendo 3DS (Card/Download)
Nintendo eShop from 16.09.2016
€ - / £- / CHF
until 01.10.2016, 11:59 UTC
Regular price € - / £- / CHF -

I assume some dun goofed and copy/pasted the wrong stuff, because there is indeed a sale... though just in AUS/NZ. Most definitely because of YW2 launching on October 15th there.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAUNZ/status/777009277663907840

deadfolk

I know I'm almost a week late, but the PR NintendoLife uses is definitely the one from Nintendo UK, and that one definitely mentions the sale (though no price for some reasons).

I assume some dun goofed and copy/pasted the wrong stuff, because there is indeed a sale... though just in AUS/NZ. Most definitely because of YW2 launching on October 15th there.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAUNZ/status/777009277663907840

The dream is dead.

Dee Dee

Apollo DLC + theme
:3

I can not believe I am dropping 8€ on DLC for Ace Attorney already - but the old one never went on sale, and also, it's not me, it's the kids that are wrong!

How much DLC is there? I thought I read there's 3 DLC cases, but I am clearly crazy, so someone correct me please.

I went to a smaller electronics store in the second biggest town around and they had no Dragon Quest VII - now I am contemplating buying it digital. It comes with a theme too!
However I might not get around to playing it soon, but I guess it's not reasonable to expect this to go on sale before Christmas? I don't remember any SE full game going on sale on the eShop yet.

Anilones

Apollo DLC + theme
:3

I can not believe I am dropping 8€ on DLC for Ace Attorney already - but the old one never went on sale, and also, it's not me, it's the kids that are wrong!

How much DLC is there? I thought I read there's 3 DLC cases, but I am clearly crazy, so someone correct me please.

There are three DLC cases, two non-canon short cases which include themes (one has been released), and one full-length canon case.

-shadow-

Severed having cross-buy is great news! Been really interested in this game and with cross-buy I don't see why I shouldn't try it.

RedColumn

To celebrate the launch of the patch 1.1.0 of 3Souls, we do this 25% off sale for one week ;). Hopefully more people will get to try the game soon!

The patch was made for the request in reviews and forums for some extras or changes. This include italian and french, the rush repspawn option on the game over screen (for those player that found the game to difficult), more options in the vault, and fixed and changes here and there for the portals (wii u features) and other small changes to improve the experience overall of the game.

Now keep working on the next episode :)

Top Bottom