• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 (XB1 Ver) Preload begins today

dLMN8R

Reposting for the new page because it is....

IMPORTANT!

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/781614589628805120

grrndqU.png

Major fixes out to the Windows Store to address download issues related to updates and preloads.

Get the latest update from available now in Windows Update. You'll know if you have the update by seeing 14393.222 if you do start-->winver

Zedox

IMPORTANT!

grrndqU.png

Major fixes out to the Windows Store to address download issues related to updates and preloads.

Get the latest update from available now in Windows Update. You'll know if you have the update by seeing 14393.222 if you do start-->winver

I feel like this and getting the Anniversary Update should be posted in every Windows Store thread. LOL.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I saw a tweet that mentioned the preload showing as 104MB instead of 54GB is indeed a visual bug, and you don't need to redownload or anything. I assume it will correct itself by launch or at launch.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
I saw a tweet that mentioned the preload showing as 104MB instead of 54GB is indeed a visual bug, and you don't need to redownload or anything. I assume it will correct itself by launch or at launch.
Correct. People starting to preload tomorrow may not see the issue but those that already preloaded will see it. It's just cosmetic. You have everything

Bsigg12

IMPORTANT!

grrndqU.png

It's now broke my ability to select my non-system drive...

This is after a clean windows install.

Edit: still getting 0x80073CF9 and still cannot move Forza Horizon 3 from my system drive to my larger drive

Kalentan

I know this is a Gears 4 thread but I'm trying to finish up Gears: UE before it comes out and I'm playing on Hard, I believe and so help me if I have to hear: "They're Theron Guards" once more. I... I can't be held accountable for what I will do.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
I know this is a Gears 4 thread but I'm trying to finish up Gears: UE before it comes out and I'm playing on Hard, I believe and so help me if I have to hear: "They're Theron Guards" once more. I... I can't be held accountable for what I will do.

I finished the original on insane as well as the ultimate edition and it isn't that hard, except for last boss but then you can use the glitch to beat him.

You can do it!

aBarreras

when was the last time the wind wishepered "enemies"

i really dont know how is that line on english because i played it on Latinamerican spanish c:

It's times like these I wish I had a faster internet connection. These 80 gigs is gonna take a while. I'll probably leave my PC running overnight to (hopefully) get some time to play in the morning.

Kalentan

when was the last time the wind wishepered "enemies"

i really dont know how is that line on english because i played it on Latinamerican spanish c:

It's fine. Kind of funny how Dom tries to mimick the Locust voices as he says: "hostiles" (not enemies.) Got tired of it, however, on the fifteenth time. The enemies with the fucking Torque Bows are OP as fuck on insane. They have near perfect aiming at any distance.

It's times like these I wish I had a faster internet connection. These 80 gigs is gonna take a while. I'll probably leave my PC running overnight to (hopefully) get some time to play in the morning.

Well the game doesn't release for ultimate edition people until Oct 7th so you have some time.

Kalentan

So question, does progress save between the XBO and PC version?

So say I play the XBO version a lot for competitive and then I want to play some competitive with my friend on PC. Can I switch over to PC and still have all the same stuff?

etta

my hard graphic balls
So question, does progress save between the XBO and PC version?

So say I play the XBO version a lot for competitive and then I want to play some competitive with my friend on PC. Can I switch over to PC and still have all the same stuff?
Yes, same profile.

Ein Bear

They ruined the experience on UE. They stuck an extra checkpoint in after "Look at all that juice!!" Blasphemy.

Is it possible to restrict the download speed on the Windows store thing. It's crippling my internet.

Semi related, but when I was downloading the Windows Update, it literally knocked my whole network offline. No device registered that there was even an internet connection. Bunch of jokers working on that stuff.

Still only have my placeholder file. I decided to move back to my internal drive for my "currently playing" games and use my external as a game backup (and so I can take my games with me to other friends' places that own Xbox Ones) to curb future re-downloads.

I know it's only the placeholder for real because the transfer took all of 10 seconds, and the transfer rate between external hard drives and the internal drive is slow as hell.

Not upset at this point -- plenty of time to go before launch. I had a weird issue where specifically Forza Horizon 3 reported that it had downloaded its full size but the day I booted it up, it just redownloaded the game entirely before it would let me play. I literally had two installs listed in my hard drive, same exact size and everything. It was weird. Seems that it resolved itself and merged into a single install now, without any input from me.

Just weird how janky this whole preload business is, both on the Xbox One side and the PC side (I had issues trying to preload Forza Horizon 3 on my PC as well, the store error code that was pretty common).

vort3x

So i don't see a gears ot and wasn't sure where to ask this question.

Gears multiplayer will have dedicated servers right??

What about private matches? Will they be hosted on dedicated servers as well or is it gonna be like old gears where one person is host and has massive host advantage over all??

Theorry

So i don't see a gears ot and wasn't sure where to ask this question.

Gears multiplayer will have dedicated servers right??

What about private matches? Will they be hosted on dedicated servers as well or is it gonna be like old gears where one person is host and has massive host advantage over all??

Dedi also. Thats the great thing about Azure. It just starts up one if needed.

suikodan

I'm in Canada and I can't seem to be able to preload the game on either XBone or PC.

I see "GoW4 Pre-order" - "You own this product" but nothing else.

Can I choose the folder where to install it?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it on PC.

On another note, is XBL Gold required for online play on PC?

Theorry

I'm in Canada and I can't seem to be able to preload the game on either XBone or PC.

I see "GoW4 Pre-order" - "You own this product" but nothing else.

Can I choose the folder where to install it?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it on PC.

On another note, is XBL Gold required for online play on PC?

No not needed for PC.

Top Bottom