• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Platform |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Cahill said:
Great. More shit my kid's going to want that she'll then never play - but will certainly pop up in my random setlists.
Thankfully you can disable those songs in RB3. HMX are gods.

DuckRacer

edit: ^^^ this is the "dancing" DLC.
Motion Picture Soundtrack said:
So was the DLC some Harmonix guy was hyping up the stuff to be announced Friday?
Nah that was the Engadget protar video.

Btw, according to Wikipedia (trust me I don't have this knowledge off hand) See You Again's on both albums mentioned in the MTV article (one's a "rock mafia remix") so we could quite conceivably have two versions of the same shitty song in RB. Thanks for the E3 DLC Harmonix!

Baker

Banned
Sp3eD said:
Party in the USA or no fucking buy.
I wonder if there is something fucked up with the license for Party in the USA. I think the single was itunes exclusive and I don't know, but I live under the assumption it never was on an album. Unless it shows up on the new one...

Natakuu

Banned
Wow, HMX has done a good job of disappointing ever since the initial RB3 reveal. Bad E3 DLC and no real new info or songs announced since E3 began.

Baker

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
But seriously, the custom of Party In The USA I played was awful. I like the song though :$
It's the first pop song I've ever heard that I actually liked not just because the person singing it was hot.

Edit: Girl.

NKOTB 4 lyfe

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Just remember. Whenever the official news landscape looks bleak, RBN's got your back.

For example, just appearing in the system is O Come, O Come Emmanuel by Christmas at the Devil's House. Hard rock Christmas music! With the disappointment and shame of not being the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

And there's four decent songs released today.

DuckRacer said:
edit: ^^^ this is the "dancing" DLC.

Nah that was the Engadget protar video.

No, a few weeks ago someone at Harmonix said he was really excited about the DLC about to be announced, then corrected himself saying it was to be announced in two weeks or something.

Argyle

Baker said:
It's getting to the point that I'm worried about the realtar in all these vids. I know calibration is super critical in these games, but in EVERY video so far, the guitar strum doesn't fire until the gems are practically off the screen.

I guess what I'm saying is I'm not 100% convinced it's a calibration issue anymore. It might be a delay in the fancy guitar mechanics.
It's possible that because the real guitar has more delay than the normal guitar, and that both the real guitar and the game are in development, that the game doesn't know what the internal lag of the real guitar is yet.

In other words, total lag = controller lag + A/V lag. Calibration only handles A/V lag and the game has hardcoded numbers for controller lag because every controller has the same lag. They may not have fixed the numbers for the controller lag on the real guitar...even if it is greater than the regular guitar it should still be able to compensate for it (but it will be lagged if you tried to mix the real sound coming off the pickups with the Rock Band audio).

Baker

Banned
Charron said:
For example, just appearing today is O Come, O Come Emmanuel by Christmas at the Devil's House. Hard rock Christmas music! With the disappointment and shame of not being the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
Only good xmas song to sing is that Glooooooo oooo oorria in excelsus dayo song.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Baker said:
Only good xmas song to sing is that Glooooooo oooo oorria in excelsus dayo song.

Well, that song (and anything more from the group, going by the blurb) is instrumental. So that point is kinda beat.

DuckRacer

No, a few weeks ago someone at Harmonix said he was really excited about the DLC about to be announced, then corrected himself saying it was to be announced in two weeks or something.
...yes, and two weeks have passed.

XShagrath said:
June 17th.. (?)

“Can’t Be Tamed”
“7 Things”
“Fly on the Wall”
“See You Again”
“See You Again” (Has to be a mistake in the release)

picard-wtf.jpg

Man, HMX's E3 has been shitty.

Baker

Banned
Something tells me he didn't mean Miley Cyrus.
Or he did.

If it would have been Gaga Pack 02, everyone would be fapping and saying he didn't disappoint. Same thing.

birdman

Something tells me he didn't mean Miley Cyrus.

They way the tweet was worded it very well could have meant Miley. I don't remember the tweet, but I do remember the gist of it.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Party in the USA and Telephone confirmed RB3 now?

2 huge hits that are missing from packs. Probably would make great songs (actually easy starter songs) to learn on Pro-Guitar too.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Keyboard looks awesome. That was the first picture I've seen that shows the non-pro mode color keys. What are the orange specs on the black keys? Reflection?

PedroRVD

Cahill said:
*squints* What are you getting yourself into Pedro? Thought that was all behind you, dude?
=( Sorry for letting everybody down....yes, I met here for the first time in months in the Guns n Roses concert on April...we are supposedly great friends again. Im telling the whole story a bit later....things are a little different now, some changes for the better. She will never be my girlfriend or something, I have to say this in advance.

Thanks Argyle for the great shots! You are definitely not getting the lego bowie treatment.

Cahill

Banned
PedroRVD said:
=( Sorry for letting everybody down....yes, I met here for the first time in months in the Guns n Roses concert on April...we are supposedly great friends again. Im telling the whole story a bit later....things are a little different now, some changes for the better. She will never be my girlfriend or something, I have to say this in advance.

Thanks Argyle for the great shots! You are definitely not getting the lego bowie treatment.

That's cool man. Really hope things go well. I just recall how upset you were and would hate to see that again.

PedroRVD

thanks a lot Cahill, some weeks I was very close to feeling bad again about all of this...but somehow I managed to get a little stronger and Im handling this situation a little better now.

On Sunday we went together to the Lacuna Coil concert (here favorite band since she was a teen) and we had a fantastic night, she cried almost all the concert...at the end I catched an autographed drum pad and gifted it to her...she screamed and hugged me like never before....yeah...I know....this means nothing.

But, well, she appreciates me a lot again...I think a little more than before. It also means nothing =/

Please somebody kill me.

MrOctober

Banned
Cahill said:
I was going to say it looked horrible. Hate to have one or two of those buttons go.

Dave seems to really like the toy aspect of these games much more so than the real side of them. Before you get all butt hurt Dave I'm not saying that's a problem I'm just saying I understand why you'd prefer the halftar.

birdman said:
He's talking about the buttons, bro.

Actually, that brings up a good point as well. What happens if those metal leads break. Half-tar looks shitty. Maybe the price point would keep people away, but if it's a $50 dollar difference, why would anyone buy the half-tar?

PedroRVD said:
at the end I catched an autographed drum pad and gifted it to her...she screamed and hugged me like never before....yeah...I know....this means nothing.

Should have traded that drum pad for a little half-and-half.

MrOctober said:
Dave seems to really like the toy aspect of these games much more so than the real side of them. Before you get all butt hurt Dave I'm not saying that's a problem I'm just saying I understand why you'd prefer the halftar.

I have a real guitar right next to me. I struggle with it. If I'm using this as a learning tool, it makes more sense to use the easier interface, and then maybe move on from there. If I end up being a Halftar expert I'd probably get the Realtar, but fuck spending £250 upfront or whatever it costs.

Space Cadet said:
Actually, that brings up a good point as well. What happens if those metal leads break. Half-tar looks shitty. Maybe the price point would keep people away, but if it's a $50 dollar difference, why would anyone buy the half-tar?

Because it won't be a $50 difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom