• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2010 Sony Conference (concluded)

beast786

I can understand TLG and SCEJ and TGS
I can understand Sony BEND and SCEE and Gamescon

But where the hell was starhawk?

Someone lied to us and I want answeres.

noah111

Still Alive
beast786 said:
But where the hell was starhawk?

Someone lied to us and I want answeres.
Sorry, but who lied to us? Come on, if the game isn't ready it just fucking isn't. "development is going great" doesn't equal "we will be revealing our game tomorrow".

Trust me, I would have loved to see a warhawk sequel too (top 5 games ever) but give them time. What people should be getting on about is Sony's stupidity revealing so much so early. They could cut that PSP shit in half, and revealed MotorStorm 3 or Infamous, hell just via trailer. It's quite ridiculous how they shot themselves.. like 4 huge sequel reveals and not one at E3? smh.

JWong

Banned
Sentry said:
Sorry, but who lied to us? Come on, if the game isn't ready it just fucking isn't. "development is going great" doesn't equal "we will be revealing our game tomorrow".

Trust me, I would have loved to see a warhawk sequel too (top 5 games ever) but give them time. What people should be getting on about is Sony's stupidity revealing so much so early. They could cut that PSP shit in half, and revealed MotorStorm 3 or Infamous, hell just via trailer. It's quite ridiculous how they shot themselves.. like 4 huge sequel reveals and not one at E3? smh.
It's not stupid. They won the buzz going into E3 and maintained it.

It doesn't matter if they had less surprises at the conference, they showed a lot more over the course of E3.

jorma

is now taking requests
Sentry said:

Wait what? Is starhawk announced? I thought this was just in the "this is the game we hope they are making" department so far! Is there a link to this? =)

noah111

Still Alive
JWong said:
It's not stupid. They won the buzz going into E3 and maintained it.

It doesn't matter if they had less surprises at the conference, they showed a lot more over the course of E3.
It is stupid, you don't need 4 huge reveals prior to E3 to maintain hype, KZ3 and LBP2 would be more than enough. And it DOES matter, you know how this shit does down just as well as I do, conferences are rated by what happened AT THE CONFERENCE not prior. Just a bit disappointing is all, can't wait for GC though. :D

jorma said:
Wait what? Is starhawk announced? I thought this was just in the "this is the game we hope they are making" department so far! Is there a link to this? =)
Never said it was announced. DylanJobe tweets out stuff all the time like 'we just showed Sony our latest build' etc, nothing really just his way of keeping us on the edge of our seats.

God I will be so depressed if they announce whatever they're doing and has nothing to do with Warhawk or is barely similar. :( Just thinking of that possibility makes me want to email DJ right now.

I was pretty disappointed, overall, with the conference. Surprisingly, the only thing that stood out to me was Sorcery. And I am no fan of waggle. The rest just didn't do it for me personally. The PSN+ was definitely the low-point of the show for me. I just don't like where it all seems to be going. I mean, I had a feeling they'd start charging for PSN eventually, and that pretty much confirmed to me that they are gonna eventually take PSN in that direction.

JWong

Banned
Sentry said:
It is stupid, you don't need 4 huge reveals prior to E3 to maintain hype, KZ3 and LBP2 would be more than enough. And it DOES matter, you know how this shit does down just as well as I do, conferences are rated by what happened AT THE CONFERENCE not prior. Just a bit disappointing is all, can't wait for GC though. :D
And that's exactly what is BS. E3 isn't just the conference.

noah111

Still Alive
JWong said:
And that's exactly what is BS. E3 isn't just the conference.
Sure, but that's just the way it works. This way you get people with opinions like the post above yours. If say InFamous 2 was revealed or whatever, it may have from 'disappointing' to 'pretty good'.

This is E3 my friends, is what it is for better or worse.

jorma

is now taking requests
Sentry said:
Never said it was announced. DylanJobe tweets out stuff all the time like 'we just showed Sony our latest build' etc, nothing really just his way of keeping us on the edge of our seats.

God I will be so depressed if they announce whatever they're doing and has nothing to do with Warhawk or is barely similar. :( Just thinking of that possibility makes me want to email DJ right now.

Ah, ok. I got all excited there for a while =)

as for Insomniac , for me it's really hard to believe they can bring quality back to R3 when they are working for themselves and on their own IPs now , this is why I prefer giving the IP to other some developer who can focus on it.

I honestly don't see this lack of quality your talking about. A Crack in Time was by far their best Ratchet since Up your Arsenal and Resistance 2 is higher reviewed then the first game. (regardless of the hate it gets) On top of that Insom, has 2 separate studios (Burbank/North Carolina) to handle their 3 projects.

And like Kittonwy said, they'll be a Cod release every year. That's no excuse not to have a big first party title for the fall. Timing wise it couldn't be better. Because Killzone is early next year and Uncharted 3 presumably next fall.

Afrikan

still looking forward to info on

Starhawk
Last Guardian
Syphon Filter

and the mystery games, hoping for

The Protector by Sony Liverpool :(
a Sony London non-casual game
a Sony Cambridge game....maybe a Next Gen Ghosthunter

So... two years ago, FF XIII goes to 360. Big surprise ever (even if Square has done several 360 exclusive games). Best Conference ever.

Valve didn't make any game in PS3 (Orange Box was badly ported by EA), and says (only a month ago) that PS3 is not worthy because is closed like a GC and not open like a Mac. It appears in the conference announcing Portal 2 going multiplatform, and with PS3 being the best console version. And this is not a surprise at all. No megaton. Conference is as bad as kinect one.

I really can't understand gaf, sometimes...

Hypereides

Gold Member
Its kinda a shame that Starhawk was a no show. But Twisted Metal made a nice substitute.

Also, any info on Trine 2? Atlus had in their line-up but I dont see it anywhere at all. :(

DangerousDave said:
So... two years ago, FF XIII goes to 360. Big surprise ever (even if Square has done several 360 exclusive games). Best Conference ever.

Valve didn't make any game in PS3 (Orange Box was badly ported by EA), and says (only a month ago) that PS3 is not worthy because is closed like a GC and not open like a Mac. It appears in the conference announcing Portal 2 going multiplatform, and with PS3 being the best console version. And this is not a surprise at all. No megaton. Conference is as bad as kinect one.

isnt it obvious?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Portal 2 going to the PS3, and being done by Valve no less, surprised the shit out of me. It's not quite up there with FFXIII on the 360, but it's within that tier.

jorma

is now taking requests
DangerousDave said:

Ah come on now, this is hardly an accurate description - nearly all of gaf thinks Sony had the better conference of the two. I'm pretty sure there are more people on GAF who thinks that Sony beat Nintendo than there are people who think MS beat Sony.

jax (old)

Banned
The sony conference would have had way more impact if

Infamous2
Motorstorm
Killzone3

all didn't show up prior.

That said, they CHOSE to show 2 of the 3, leading us to speculate a MOVE centric show but they didn't do that either. Show was balanced was some unevenness but they covered all their bases. THe only peculiarity here is the leak of the 3x exclusives. If they ended on Twisted Metal, with no footage. They'd done a lot better. The presentation left a lot to be desired.

Kittonwy said:
March-June would make it too close to Killzone 3 and Infamous.

The shooter market is strong every single year. It's not going to get overshadowed by SOCOM 4, and you're going to get a COD every winter, and MOH is basically looking like EA's MW2 clone, next year we might see another COD game and probably a BF game, every year is stuffed with shooters. My point is that if they're looking for some breathing space to release R3, this holiday season would be best to bill R3 as their big first-party shooter.

Sony needs to ensure they have a steady stream of first party content and not worry about whether they're "cannibalizing" 3rd party sales, if anything they SHOULD cannibalize 3rd party sales and rely less on third party publishers, get more users supporting their own IPs and anchor them to the playstation brand instead of having to worry about how to get the next COD or MOH on their console or having to fight over some exclusive DLC deal, the reason why the PS3 userbase isn't as strong is partly because of the fact that they relied on third-party too much and they got burnt when many of the fan favorite IPs went multiplatform.

not saying I disagree with you, but if Sony doesn't do anything about 3rd party, then ms comes in with the dlc exclusive deals, and even though the game is multiplatform, the general perception is in 360 favor, sales skew to 360 version and it may give bad impression that 3rd party games don't sell too well on ps3.

I think Sony realize that and start making deals too now. maybe they experiment with Batman Joker dlc thing and it seem to pay off for them.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Schrade said:
Entire conference is now available. This is directly from PSN, 1280x720 H.264 video.

Sony E3 Press Conference Part 1

may I ask how you pull these URLs from PSN?

Callibretto said:
not saying I disagree with you, but if Sony doesn't do anything about 3rd party, then ms comes in with the dlc exclusive deals, and even though the game is multiplatform, the general perception is in 360 favor, sales skew to 360 version and it may give bad impression that 3rd party games don't sell too well on ps3.

I think Sony realize that and start making deals too now. maybe they experiment with Batman Joker dlc thing and it seem to pay off for them.

Sony should focus in free extra content for his version (like it's doing), instead of allowing their users to buy the DLC earlier than the competence.

If we're talking about free MoH1 with new MoH, it's great. If we're talking about letting me buy a DLC before the competence, don't want.

DangerousDave said:

I think gaf sets the bar higher for Sony; maybe not higher, but the expectations are different. Nintendo can release different versions of the same games over and over and people eat it up. Sure they are absolutely great games, but nostalgia kicks in for many, and the hype goes in to overdrive.

Sony releases a sequel to an equally (IMHO) awesome game and it's "meh" for many people, because they lack that deeper connection that Nintendo has fostered over the years. They both may be equally great games, but a release of a new Zelda is going to get much more hype than the release of a new Infamous. Even though I prefer the Sony offerings, I certainly appreciate the history of quality that Nintendo brings to the table. They are great titles that play to their fans and are safe for Nintendo. They are just not for me. (not a fanboy. In fact, I hated Sony for killing the dreamcast)

And I think Sony realizes that the debate over "who wins the E3 presentation showdown" matters to about 2% of the gaming population, and they try to get the maximum exposure for the most games. Let the drama queens worry about who came out on top. You can't win that argument.

I thought this was the best Sony presentation since the PS3 was released; a lot of games covering a very diverse spectrum. There are many things to get excited about. Nintendo's was maybe their best conference in several years; certainly better than last year. Microsoft just seems all over the map.

I would've ended ended with just a big reveal of Twisted Metal, and maybe some quick gameplay footage. Try to end with a bang and leave the crowd wanting more. The walkthrough was just boring.

Cruzader

Banned
Im surprised they didnt make an announcement of the Sly Collection....like atleast have an official announcement for 30 secs-1min! 3 games in 1 plus HD+3D??!!But we just saw it on a small games clip/montage.

Also its weird they are bringing Sly cooper back all of the sudden...he appears in "Heroes on the Move" too...you guys think this is due to Sly4 coming in the near future? Sucker Punch is currently working on Infamous 2 so maybe not but maybe after it? Or some other dev might take over the project?

Sblargh

Banned
DangerousDave said:
Sony should focus in free extra content for his version (like it's doing), instead of allowing their users to buy the DLC earlier than the competence.

If we're talking about free MoH1 with new MoH, it's great. If we're talking about letting me buy a DLC before the competence, don't want.

I wonder if exclusive stuff will be made for playstation plus. Would that be too much for a dev to make, I don't know, one single map in a FPS that is not only PS3 exclusive, but also Playstation plus exclusive.

Baki

Sentry said:

They got 4 cover stories on 4 major publications and totally owned the pre-e3 hype. Do you really think they would have gotten the same exposure had they kept everything for the conference (especially with all the buzz the 3DS got).

Kittonwy

Banned
Callibretto said:

Not saying they can't do exclusive DLC deals, but conference time is limited and they really should show off more of their own stuff, if they have an Infamous 2 demo available to show to the press, why not have the game in the conference? Give Sucker Punch the spotlight for once. Why rush the Killzone 3 presentation instead of giving the crowd a longer look? Instead of covering all your bases, pick the best stuff and give them quality time.

The Dead Space 2 presentation was completely redundant, your first party stuff IS your brand, that's how you generate brand loyalty, through software that you can't get anywhere else, they need to build strong IPs that their fans will always stick with them regardless of what Square-Enix or EA choose to do, the age where people associate third party content with a particular console manufacturer has come and gone. They need at least one major first-party IP for every region through marketing and exposure and I'm not sure they have done that yet.

Kittonwy

Banned
Jax said:
The sony conference would have had way more impact if

Infamous2
Motorstorm
Killzone3

all didn't show up prior.

That said, they CHOSE to show 2 of the 3, leading us to speculate a MOVE centric show but they didn't do that either. Show was balanced was some unevenness but they covered all their bases. THe only peculiarity here is the leak of the 3x exclusives. If they ended on Twisted Metal, with no footage. They'd done a lot better. The presentation left a lot to be desired.

Should have started the show with an Infamous 2 live demo, followed by Motorstorm, and end with Killzone 3, it's like a great steak, the first bite and the last bite should always be juicy and have the most impact because that's what people will remember.
Indifferent2.gif

J-Rzez

Kittonwy said:
Not saying they can't do exclusive DLC deals, but conference time is limited and they really should show off more of their own stuff, if they have an Infamous 2 demo available to show to the press, why not have the game in the conference? Give Sucker Punch the spotlight for once. Why rush the Killzone 3 presentation instead of giving the crowd a longer look? Instead of covering all your bases, pick the best stuff and give them quality time.

The Dead Space 2 presentation was completely redundant, your first party stuff IS your brand, that's how you generate brand loyalty, through software that you can't get anywhere else, they need to build strong IPs that their fans will always stick with them regardless of what Square-Enix or EA choose to do, the age where people associate third party content with a particular console manufacturer has come and gone. They need at least one major first-party IP for every region through marketing and exposure and I'm not sure they have done that yet.

I have to agree here on the multi-platform stuff here. Let's be honest here, MoH and the sorts is not the same as say what Gabe did with Portal 2. Save that shit for a montage, and maybe just do a short speaking on exclusive deals on said port-a-rounds. Sony has the largest and strongest first-party stables around. Focus on those, and real-exclusive games shown off in said time.

As far as the pre-showing of games, it's fine to get some time pre-E3 hype. Just keep your heavy hitters underwraps. For example, next E3, no info, no vids, nothing on "Uncharted 3" please. As much as I enjoyed seeing the shit storm unfold here like when the Uncharted 2 screen shots were first shown, lock it up. Blow it out there. Give the game a TON of time. I'd HOPE they'd do the same for "if" Starhawk is happening. Twisted Metal, we all knew it was coming, but I was shocked to see it on stage, and shown off in gameplay form. It was a shock, and the way they displayed it with the real-life vid, then the driving of sweet tooth's ice cream truck on stage, then bam into gameplay. One of the best unveiling of a game ever.

big lists incoming...
PS3 exclusive stuff of the coming (two) years so far (not all shown at E3):
After GC in 2 and TGS in 3 months it should be a bit more clear which games will support which features or exclusive content, which games are still exclusive etc. etc.

Sony PS3 games:

• Gran Turismo 5 (PSEye/Move support & 3D)
  • Heroes on the Move (Move game)
  • inFamous 2
  • Killzone 3 (Move support & 3D)
  • LittleBigPlanet 2 (Move support)
  • Motorstorm: Apocalypse (3D)
  • SingStar Dance (Move game)
  • SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs (Move support)
  • Sorcery (Move game)
  • Sports Champions (Move game)
  • Start the Party! (Move game)
  • The Fight: Lights Out (Move game)
  • The Last Guardian
  • The Shoot (Move game)
  • The Sly Collection (Move support & 3D)
  • TV Superstars (Move game)
  • Twisted Metal
  • White Knight Chronicles 2 (includes updated version of WKC1)

updated versions:
  • EyePet US release (Move game & 3D)
  • Heavy Rain Move edition (Move support, standard edition will also be patched)
  • MLB 10 The Show 2010 (3D, via patch?)

additional regional releases:
  • Demon's Souls PAL version

not yet officially announced:
  • Ape Escape (Move game?)
  • Starhawk

note: Move game does not necessarily mean, it's Move input only, but it's likely.

Sony PSN games:

• Beat Sketcher (Move game)
  • Dead Nation
  • Eat Them!
  • echochrome II (Move game)
  • Journey
  • PixelJunk Racers: 2nd Lap
  • PixelJunk Shooter 2
  • Tumble (Move game & 3D)

updated versions:
  • High Velocity Bowling (Move support via patch)
  • Hustle Kings (Move support via patch)
  • PAIN (Move support via patch & already available 3D)

note: sometimes it's not known if a game will be disc or download (only).

Third Party PS3 exclusive games:

• Agent
  • Another Century's Episode R
  • Atelier Totori
  • Bumpy Trot 2
  • Class of Heroes 2G
  • Class of Heroes 3
  • Disgaea 4
  • Final Fantasy Versus XIII
  • Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2010
  • Ni no Kuni
  • Record of Agarest War 2
  • Super Dimensional Game Neptune
  • Time Crisis Razing Storm (Move game(s))
  • TRINITY: Souls of Zill O'll
  • White Album: Tsuzurareru Fuyu no Omoide

additional regional releases:
  • Atelier Rorona US&PAL version
  • Trinity Universe US&PAL version
  • Yakuza 4 US&PAL version

Third Party PSN exclusive games:

• Alive & Undead
  • Days of Thunder: NASCAR Edition
  • Kung-Fu LIVE (PSEye/Move game)
  • Kung Fu Rider (Move game)
  • Landit Bandit
  • Malicious
  • Replika
  • Tales from Space: About a Blob
  • TerRover
  • Top Gun
  • Under Siege

note: sometimes It's hard to say which PSN games are only "published" by Sony w/o owning the IP

PS3 console exclusive games (=also available on PC):

• DC Universe Online
  • Final Fantasy XIV Online
  • Free Realms
  • The Agency

PSN console exclusive games (=also available on PC):

• Lucha Fury

Now the unimportant part, but still a bit interesting because of PS3 feature adaptation rate:

List of Move&3D supporting Multi(console)platform games

• *Brunswick Pro Bowling (Move support)
  • Crysis (3D)
  • *Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos (Move support)
  • Disney's Tron Evolution the Video Game (Move support & 3D)
  • John Daly's ProStroke Golf (Move support)
  • Mortal Kombat (3D)
  • *NBA 2K11 (Move support & 3D)
  • R.U.S.E. (Move support)
  • *Racquet Sports (Move support)
  • Shaun White Skateboarding (3D)
  • *The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest (Move support)
  • *Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 (Move support)
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (3D)
  • *Toy Story 3: The Video Game (Move support)

updated versions:
  • Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition (Move support via patch)

* = these games are also available on the Wii and - graphics&other features aside - will probably just use the same "exclusive" control scheme.

exclusive content of some sort:
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (apparently exclusive content? I won't count the beta)
  • Dead Space 2 (exclusive CE including the PS3 port of *Dead Space Extraction incl. Move support)
  • Mafia II (exclusive content)
  • Medal of Honor (exclusive CE including the PS3 port of Medal Of Honor: Frontline)
  • Portal 2 (Steamworks features)

note: it's not clear which games have 3D only on PS3 (e.g. Crysis is in 3D on all 3 platforms) and if some of these games also are controllable via Kinect.
Also, I don't think DS:Extraction HD and MoH:Frontline HD are actually exclusive but the CE's with them are, probably standard PSN/XBLA games.

In the wide space of the internet there are a lot of games listed as PS3 exclusives of which there is no real info (because they are niche jp games) or if they are on ice/cancelled etc., enjoy:

Possible vaporeware list:

Amphibian Man, Angel Rings, Eyedentify, Fifth Phantom Saga, Gradiuc Arc, Kung Fu Hustle, Kurayami, Makai Wars, Ni-Oh, Omikron 2, Pachinko Jikki, PachiPara Slot: Pachi-Slot Super Umi Monogatari, Pro Mahjong Goku Final, Redwood Falls, Rengoku: The End of the Century, Saikyou Ginsei Shougi 7, Seikan, Slotter Mania, Sunrise Eiyuutan and probably some more.

note: if I missed something in these lists (officially announced) or I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

As I said, coming months should shed some light on the unclear stuff.

So far there are some gems in the line-up and a relatively big third party support for Sony's new features.

Cruzader

Banned
First of all, where is Free Realms??? and was it a rumor the PS3 ver will have Move support?

And what does this mean:

White Knight Chronicles 2 (includes updated version of WKC1)

So WKC2 is 2 games in 1? Or just that the engine from WKC is updated to be used in WKC2?

Cruzader said:
And what does this mean:

White Knight Chronicles 2 (includes updated version of WKC1)

So WKC2 is 2 games in 1? Or just that the engine from WKC is updated to be used in WKC2?

2 games in 1, but it comes with a little catch :lol
(you need to play through the first game or need to have a completed savegame of WKC1 before you are even allowed to start WKC2)

equap

Banned
SolidusDave said:
big lists incoming...
PS3 exclusive stuff of the coming (two) years so far (not all shown at E3):
After GC in 2 and TGS in 3 months it should be a bit more clear which games will support which features or exclusive content, which games are still exclusive etc. etc.

Sony PS3 games:

• Ape Escape (Move game?)
  • Heroes on the Move (Move game)
  • inFamous 2
  • Killzone 3 (Move support & 3D)
  • Motorstorm: Apocalypse (3D)
  • SingStar Dance (Move game)
  • SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs (Move support)
  • Sorcery (Move game)
  • Sports Champions (Move game)
  • Start the Party! (Move game)
  • The Fight: Lights Out (Move game)
  • The Last Guardian
  • The Shoot (Move game)
  • The Sly Collection (Move support & 3D)
  • TV Superstars (Move game)
  • Twisted Metal
  • White Knight Chronicles 2 (includes updated version of WKC1)

updated versions:
  • EyePet US release (Move game & 3D)
  • Heavy Rain Move edition (Move support, standard edition will also be patched)
  • MLB 10 The Show 2010 (3D, via patch?)

note: Move game does not necessarily mean, it's Move input only, but it's likely.
I left out Starhawk, I think it's not as official as Ape Escape?

Sony PSN games:

• Beat Sketcher (Move game)
  • Dead Nation
  • Eat Them!
  • Journey
  • PixelJunk Racers: 2nd Lap
  • PixelJunk Shooter 2
  • Tumble (Move game & 3D)

updated versions:
  • High Velocity Bowling (Move support via patch)
  • Hustle Kings (Move support via patch)
  • PAIN (Move support via patch & already available 3D)

note: sometimes it's not known if a game will be disc or download (only).

• A.C.E.: Another Century's Episode R
  • Agent
  • Atelier Rorona 2 (and a western version of AR1)
  • Bumpy Trot 2
  • Chou Jigen Game: Neptune
  • Disgaea 4
  • Kurayami
  • Ni-Oh

Third Party PSN exclusive games:

• Alive & Undead
  • Days of Thunder: NASCAR Edition
  • Kung-Fu LIVE (PSEye/Move game)
  • Kung Fu Rider (Move game)
  • Landit Bandit
  • Malicious
  • Replika
  • Tales from Space: About a Blob
  • TerRover
  • Top Gun
  • Under Siege

note: sometimes It's hard to say which PSN games are only "published" by Sony w/o owning the IP

PS3 console exclusive games (=also available on PC):

• DC Universe Online
  • Final Fantasy XIV Online
  • Free Realms
  • The Agency

PSN console exclusive games (=also available on PC):

• Lucha Fury
  • Trine 2

Now the unimportant part, but still a bit interesting because of PS3 feature adaptation rate:

Multi(console)platform games with PS3 (console) exclusive features:

• Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (apparently exclusive content? I don't count the beta)
  • Brunswick Pro Bowling (Move support)
  • Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos (Move support)
  • Disney's Tron Evolution the Video Game (Move support & 3D)
  • Dead Space 2 (exclusive CE including the PS3 port of Dead Space Extraction incl. Move support)
  • John Daly's ProStroke Golf (Move support)
  • Mafia II (exclusive content)
  • Medal of Honor (exclusive CE including the PS3 port of Medal Of Honor: Frontline)
  • Mortal Kombat (3D)
  • NBA 2K11 (Move support & 3D)
  • Portal 2 (Steamworks)
  • R.U.S.E. (Move support)
  • Racquet Sports (Move support)
  • Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition (Move support)
  • Shaun White Skateboarding (3D)
  • The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest (Move support)
  • Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 (Move support)
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (3D)
  • Toy Story 3: The Video Game (Move support)

note: it's not clear which games have 3D only on PS3 (e.g. Crysis is in 3D on all 3 platforms) and if some of these games also are controllable via Kinect.
Also, I don't think DS:Extraction HD and MoH:Frontline HD are actually exclusive but the CE's with them are, probably standard PSN/XBLA games.

In the wide space of the internet there are a lot of games listed as PS3 exclusives of which there is no real info (because they are niche jp games) or if they are on ice/cancelled etc., enjoy:

Angel Rings, Eyedentify, Pro Mahjong Goku Final, Rengoku: The End of the Century, Seikan, Slotter Mania, Sunrise Eiyuutan, Derby Stallion, Fifth Phantom Saga, Omikron 2, Pachinko Jikki, PachiPara Slot: Pachi-Slot Super Umi Monogatari, Redwood Falls, Gradiuc Arc, Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2010. Ken to Mahou to Gakuen Mono. 2G, Ken to Mahou to Gakuen Mono. 3, Makai Wars, Saikyou Ginsei Shougi 7, Amphibian Man, Kung Fu Hustle and some more.

note: if I missed something in these lists (officially announced) or I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

As I said, coming months should shed some light on the unclear stuff.

So far there are some gems in the line-up and a relatively big third party support for Sony's new features.

Cool

androvsky

SolidusDave said:
big lists incoming...

• A.C.E.: Another Century's Episode R
  • Agent
  • Atelier Rorona 2 (and a western version of AR1)
  • Bumpy Trot 2
  • Chou Jigen Game: Neptune
  • Disgaea 4
  • Kurayami
  • Ni-Oh

Looks like you're missing Ar Tonelico 3 for third-party PS3 exclusives. I don't know if you want to count Trinity Universe since it comes out in the U.S. in a couple weeks, list looks pretty solid otherwise. :)

Alastor

SolidusDave said:
(you need to play through the first game or need to have a completed savegame of WKC1 before you are even allowed to start WKC2)

Didn't know that!

We finally see some interesting and very tempting use of Blu-ray capacity... The EA bundles are also great examples of this. Took them some time, but better late than never.

StuBurns

Banned
SolidusDave said:
  • inFamous 2
  • The Last Guardian
  • Twisted Metal
  • Dead Nation
  • Journey
  • PixelJunk Shooter 2
  • Agent

That's all I care about of the exclusives, but I'm pretty sure some of the third party stuff you named if very canceled.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Holy crap at Sorcery. My GOTS for sure.

I was wondering if Move would deliver for hardcore gamers, nice to see Sony relieving my fears. Depending on how far they take the different spell types and transformations (like turning into the rat), this game could have some SICK puzzle elements.

sykoex said:
Holy crap at Sorcery. My GOTS for sure.

I was wondering if Move would deliver for hardcore gamers, nice to see Sony relieving my fears. Depending on how far they take the different spell types and transformations (like turning into the rat), this game could have some SICK puzzle elements.

Sorcery was shown in that Move developer update video at Gamescom last year, albeit very briefly. I'd been looking forward to it and I was not disappointed.

There was also the game that appeared to be a survival horror IP from Sony in the same video. Hopefully thats revealed at Gamescom. Here is an image of its brief appearance in that same trailer.

Integra

Neo Member
SolidusDave said:

goddamnit!! :lol :lol :lol :lol

androvsky said:
Looks like you're missing Ar Tonelico 3 for third-party PS3 exclusives. I don't know if you want to count Trinity Universe since it comes out in the U.S. in a couple weeks, list looks pretty solid otherwise. :)

AT3 is already available in Japan.
I guess I could mention the western version of TU, because then I can list Yakuza 4 as well ^^

StuBurns said:
That's all I care about of the exclusives, but I'm pretty sure some of the third party stuff you named if very canceled.

From the list there should be only doubts about Replika, Bumpy Trot 2 and Ni-Oh (maybe Kurayami and Alive & Undead, too?) and it seems they are still in development, at least not too long ago.

Galvanise_ said:
There was also the game that appeared to be a survival horror IP from Sony in the same video. Hopefully thats revealed at Gamescom. Here is an image of its brief appearance in that same trailer.

could be a concept (though they even made that brick-moving thing into a PSN game) or maybe even the next Siren game? (the style doesn't really match though imo)

Top Bottom