• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

11 Minute Super Mario Switch Analysis

Here's the clip at 80% speed, looks more correct to me...

3u7vdbc.gif
It does look better... he was running mad fast in the trailer

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe we can get more footage if we zoom and enhance the reflection of that girl's eyes. And then do another 11 minutes of analysis from that.

OMG THE WORLD MUST KNOW IF THAT IS A BUS STOP AND IF WE GET TO RIDE A BUS

To be fair there was originally going to be a train system in Super Mario Sunshine to take you from level to level so the fact that there's a bus stop could actually be an important thing.

Doesn't Mario feel weightier than in previous 3D games? He appears to fall back from a jump faster than before.

Now that you mention it, it does seem a bit of a fast drop. My best guess is that the footage was probably sped up slightly just for the pacing of the overall trailer. Even looking at the speed of the Bullet Bill and the rotation of the coins in the distance, it all seems a bit too fast to be realtime.

Someone mentioned a couple pages ago that the footage looked sped up to fit interesting clips into a small timeframe and I'm inclined to agree. Looking closely at Mario's fall speed, how fast the bullet bill flies, spinning coins/hearts, etc just looked slightly off.

Here's the clip at 80% speed, looks more correct to me...

3u7vdbc.gif

Some other interesting posts in this connection:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=221073840&highlight=#post221073840

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=221029296&highlight=#post221029296

Adam_802

I love the Sunshine comparisons he makes. Maybe its a similar story situation to Sunshine, with the 'ice crystals' invading like the graffiti goo from Sunshine. Prob not, but just speculating.

valouris

I'm starting to buy the Sonic crossover theory. Chaos emeralds schmaos emeralds, but I can't find a convincing (to me) explanation for those floating rings in the second clip. Unfortunately plenty of people would be pretty disappointed if a crossover would be the launch game, instead of a pure Mario game.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
What shit? This video is ridiculous. Thread will get locked shortly and it won't be because I'm stating the obvious. Ask yourself why it is.

A month later and the thread isn't locked. Ask yourself why that is.

Top Bottom