• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Active Time Report set for November 10

Mailbox

I think they'll probably do it for other games as well. It was a good format to use for communicating game progress imo.

Absolutely agree.
While the marketing and advertising of FF15 has been a pretty big mess, its hard to argue that they haven't been rather open about mistakes, potentially shady stuff (like the CG usages from back in 2013) and game progress and what that means in the grand scheme of things.

Fix a few things regarding how to show stuff like screenshots and trailers, and this system could very well turn into something that should be a standard.

fionel

He said the targeted framerate would be 60fps on the Pro but on average it would be running somewhere between 40-50. Don't blow your load yet!

Aters

Max being 60fps. I don't think it will be stable. Just like the RotTR 3rd option. Still a substantial improvement.

Ok now Tabata is in all-chill mode and he's going to show his travel picutres for the rest of the ATR.

HeelPower

No fucking way...Pro purchase redeemed.

FFXV is as demanding as a game can be & 60 fps being a possibility is a great sign.

Shows that its up to devs at the end of the day.

FingerBang

Yep, they are targeting 60 fps but at the moment it's running between 40 - 50. I don't know if I got it right, but the patch might not get out on launch day, since they are still working on it.

SoulUnison

Banned
It will probably be an unlocked framerate with it basically tanking in open world but basically at 60 in dungeons.

I've already been fairly impressed with YouTube videos of the "final" build on PS4 1.0, so smoothing out the framerate and adding maybe even just 10 or 20 FPS to that is absolutely massive to me.

benzy

So this will ship with a pro mode, but will have a patch in December that will further improve the game on Pro?

Tabata said they'll be able to better take advantage of Pro specs after the game's release since it gives them more time. But he also said there will be Pro support day-1, so yea seems we're getting a later patch with more improvements.

Top Bottom