• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Hana-Bi

Yeah, I really don't know why they couldn't fix this problem weeks ago and now it's gotten even worse... And it seems you could play the colo if you still are in the colo menu... You just can't see it on the extra island screen. Really strange. And yeah a normal apology gem won't be enough.

Majukun

stuck at CD 19 with hawkins..i wonder if it's enough to use it for kid farming...
sure the whole coliseum thing screwed my plans pretty good..had at least 2 bars of stamina ready for colo hawkins farming,instead i used them on the useless namirobin fortnight and on oars farming .

now i have 40 copies that i'm gonna keep for the last 7 skillups, i'm not yoloing copies anymore

at least i am 5/5/3 with sockets

Kyou

I dont have enough SW Ace friends to really grind Hawkins too hard so I'm doing some more story farming today

Got a Moria after a couple runs, which evolution is the more important one in case I don't get a second today?

Majukun

I dont have enough SW Ace friends to really grind Hawkins too hard so I'm doing some more story farming today

Got a Moria after a couple runs, which evolution is the more important one in case I don't get a second today?

the 5 star one is a great statstick if yoiu don't mind losing a lot of recovery..the special has it's uses but it's very situational...the 4 star version is useful mainly for princess turtle and anythink that has a barrier since it's a multihit attack

For people who are farming coliseum, what's your philosophy on holding copies and skill books? Right now I have 43 Hawkins copies and 17 Hawkins skill books, 60 inventory spaces in total. I'm of the idea that I'll keep 5 units for every 1 skill up I need and then just worry about sockets when they return at another time.

For people who are farming coliseum, what's your philosophy on holding copies and skill books? Right now I have 43 Hawkins copies and 17 Hawkins skill books, 60 inventory spaces in total. I'm of the idea that I'll keep 5 units for every 1 skill up I need and then just worry about sockets when they return at another time.

I keep 5 for every skill up needed and hold on to those till a 2x skill up event. Any extra copies farmed I use right away. And I also just worry about sockets later.

Majukun

usually that's what i doo too
this time i had some more time since i really don't need to farm any of the current fortnights,no i farmed some extra copies and YOLOed them...my hawkins is not at 19 CD, 5/5/3 in terms of sockets..il keep the 40 copies/skillbook i have in the storage for the skillup

bjork

Enel is pretty soon, right? I'm pretty close to a p-lvl up, I think 2 runs would do it. I don't usually wait, but I don't usually notice it, either. See if I can get his skill down beyond 1, finally.

MiTYH

wow they really glossed over the whole colosseum mistake... no gem, no additional day

Actually we got something now. Gem and it comes back night of 15th-16th

Enel farming time to me. Need sooo many skillups still. I really need a 1/2 stamina clash to happen with Enel. Worked so well for Doffy.

bjork

Did 1 enel 60, got him. Ran a second and whiffed and I was so tired, I don't even remember how. I fell asleep and now I don't feel like playing, heh. I'm never gonna catch up at this rate, but so it goes.

bjork

Can't say, I haven't actually caught a turtle time on purpose in forever. Even if I know the time, I still tend to miss it.

Jayhawk

48 copies of Enel. My Enel is currently at skill level 3. It should get close to cap with decent luck during the next skill event.

EMT0

Banned

Day 4+5: Ore wa kami nari

My goals for yesterday were the following:
-Pirate Level 73
-Marco Lv. 50
-Sadie from fortnight

I easily completed all of them...except for Sadie. I'm absolutely convinced that Sadie just does not drop on 10 stamina. I've been running her fortnight waaaay too many times with nothing to show for it. 15 stamina reliably kicks my ass, as my best team, double Marcos, doesn't have the firepower to OTK Sadie and a war of attrition turns into a loss due to the loss of Marco's attack multiplier.

So, onto the actual progress. These are the characters that have been leveled since the last update two days ago:
Legend Lucci: 40 -> 50
Arm Point Chopper: 1 -> 50
Trafalgar Law: 50 -> 65
Kohza: 1 -> 50 (also evolved from vanilla Kohza)
Fukuro: 50 -> 60
Straw Hat Nico Robin: 50 -> 55
Mr.3: 39 -> 50
Trebol: 20 -> 47

And this is with having missed both turtle times today, to my chagrin. I was really looking forward to getting Trebol, Vergo, Thunderbolt Tempo Nami and Nolan to ~Lv. 50. The current Pirate Level is 77, and almost entirely from Sadie 10 stamina runs. Why almost? Well....

I may have tried to take on 30 stamina Enel with my 5-day old account.

*whistles*

So here's how this went down. I was very, very close to the next level and was at max stamina due to not paying a lot of attention to my bar. Thinking on what to dump it into, I figured, well, I could try the raid boss. Even if I fail I have enough stamina to run any other island and level up.

The first big roadblock was realizing that I only had 3 DEX characters. Doing some quick brainstorming, I realized all three(Ashura Zoro, Law, Straw Hat Brook) were all Slashers and decided to mash my Slasher team into a DEX Slasher team in the name of having some form of attack booster for a burst. This was the end result:

Ashura Zoro - Ashura Zoro
Kohza - Law
GP Usopp - Straw Hat Brook

If I had Nolan evolved and decently leveled, I'd probably have ran him instead of Brook. It's moments like these that make me realize why Doffy is so beloved. Getting through the preliminary stages was pretty easy compared to other raids. Enel though? It was like trying to mine an iron vein using a toothpick. I was hitting him for about 150k-200k damage per turn but quickly losing initiative as Enel hit me harder than I was hitting him.

It turned into something of a stall game. Brook's special healed me up every turn and I jumped at every RCV orb I could get. Slowly bur surely, Enel was whittled down to about half his bar. About that time, I decided to try my hand at a burst, figuring that while I wouldn't be KOing him, GP Usopp would stall long enough that I could eek out a win.

The burst went....poorly, and made me realize how much I miss orb enhancers. I got Enel to about 1/4th of his HP, and proceeded to play a slow game of grinding away a chunk of HP while my GP Usopp stall turns disappeared waaaay too quickly for my tastes.

Eventually, my luck ran out, and Enel proceeded to slam me to a sliver of my health. The next turn of attacks left him on a sliver. Got KO'd, and I stared at the screen contemplating it....and said fuck it. Gemmed, and proceeded to KO Enel two turns later. Thankfully, he dropped so I wouldn't have to repeat the experience for at least a few months.

Sure, there's no way in hell I can use Enel and Marco on the same team for a good while, and I'm even farther from being able to do so optimally using Enel's special, followed by Marco's with both of their cooldowns at max, but damn it I need attack amplifiers. Enel will do nicely in the mid to longterm, and worst comes to worst and I'm facing a boss I need to burst, I can replace Marco as a captain with Enel.

Anyways, it being the 15th, time to look at how I stacked up against my end of the week goals. I failed to get above Pirate Level 80, and also failed to get Sadie. I'll argue that it's a chicken and egg thing and that Sadie refusing to drop has cost me at least one extra level in wasted exp, but eh. That level goal may have been a bit too ambitious.

What was cleared, and above my expectations at that, was character level ups, as well as clearing the Coliseums. At my current rate, my box will have enough diversity that cost restrictions won't be as massive a drag as it currently is on progress.

So, time for new goals. Let's begin. I'm going to start setting two goals for midweek and end of the week, as individual days have stopped being a big deal the higher my level goes up.

Goals for 11/19:
-Pirate Level 82
-Diamante to level 50
-Ideo to level 50
-Trebol to level 50
-Law to level 70

Goals for 11/22:
All of the above plus:

-Pirate Level 85
-Nolan to level 50
-Vergo to level 50
-Thunderbolt Tempo Nami to level 50
-Calgara to level 50

I'd add goals for next week's fortnights but....they seem to mostly be poor to bad, so farming Frieza nonstop is going to feel a lot better in comparison. I suppose I'll make a point of getting one each of Gan Fall and Young Buggy who at least seem marginally useful. I'm more excited for Heracles'n, as I'm hoping to pull similar shenanigans on him as I did for Enel, except my box is far more suited to smashing a PSY boss. Heracles'n will go great in my Trebol team.

MANUELF

Banned
Hey EMT0 Sadie does drop at 10 stamina, I got her from there and wow at you getting Enel first try on 30 stamina, talk about lucky

EMT0

Banned
Hey EMT0 Sadie does drop at 10 stamina, I got her from there and wow at you getting Enel first try on 30 stamina, talk about lucky

I want to believe you but I don't believe you right now >.>
Sadie's been consuming all of my stamina for the last day and a half and still no drop. Blegh

And yeah, haha. I was anticipating it being a wasted endeavor.

MANUELF

Banned
I want to believe you but I don't believe you right now >.>
Sadie's been consuming all of my stamina for the last day and a half and still no drop. Blegh

And yeah, haha. I was anticipating it being a wasted endeavor.
Your Enel luck had a cost and you have to pay for it

Adeptrain

So, I have a method for completing story Islands. Basically, I only do them when dropx2 comes up for each Island. I'm currently on the Front gate of Enis Lobby, and Dropx2 is today, so I'll be doing this island finally. And!!! So far, it's worked perfectly in guaranteeing me 0 story character drops!!!! Sigh....

I read the successes that Etmo and Manuelf get farming story characters and I think..maybe I can get them too!! nope..:/

MANUELF

Banned
Just beat the Gates of Justice, got the Thousand Sunny and leveled it up to 5 :D

kuHNAEp.png

Edit: to end the day got my second Crocodile to drop :D

MiTYH

Agh 3 stamina refills in a row *VOMITS BLOOD*

Feels good doesnt it? Wish it had been a day earlier for Enel, but *meh*. At least it'll be here for Heracules'n and whoever is on the sun/mon one.

Farming Noland a lot today -- was actually surprised I had maxed both specials last time. So it's just sockets and levelups today, already 1/1 for meat snails

bjork

Day 644

Think I'll run story islands today, or maybe Robin/Nami. Unless I fall asleep, which is totally possible too. I haven't run Frieza once since the books changed. King of the slackers.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Noob question: Should I be farming these FN for multiple drops of characters? I got an arlong but don't know if I should still be farming him.

EMT0

Banned
Noob question: Should I be farming these FN for multiple drops of characters? I got an arlong but don't know if I should still be farming him.

That's a tricky question. I can tell you with certainty that you don't need more Arlongs, because his special isn't particularly amazing. But if other characters come around who's value is based entirely in their special like Perona....? Then we're talking business here. You'd want to get as many as possible, but if you're in the early game the need to do so is very low and you can justifiably focus on doing other stuff like getting other fortnight characters, clearing/farming story islands, raids, etc.

Your Enel luck had a cost and you have to pay for it

Karma's a bitch, I got Sadie on my first attempt today :)/:'(

So. Much. Schadenfreude.

bobohoro

You really only want a single Arlong to evolve and level. He is mainly used as a Beatstick because of his amazing ATK stat. His special is useless and if you want sockets, you're better off waiting for the Young Arlong FN.

Generally I'd wait with farming multiple copies until you can do at least 15 stamina versions comfortably. Characters to look out for are orb boosters (Coby, Noland, Kaku), damage reducers (Perona, Alvida) and ones with solid overall stats (Lucci, Tsuru). Try to get at least a copy of those.

In terms of farming, you'll have to look at what the characters can do and their cooldown. Orb boosters for example start at 18 cooldown, which is already useable enough, but can be quickly gotten down to around 15 without much trouble. Perona for example starts at 24 CD, which is virtuelly useless for everything that's not a forest, so you'll have to farm a sizeable amount of copies (I think I needed around 60 to max her, and I got lucky).

So yeah, there is quite a bit of info gathering involved in deciding what to farm and if it's worth your trouble and time. Aim to get a copy of every FN character that seems useful and if you're comfy with their FN, farm as much as possible. The highest stamina FN you can do is also the best exp for your stamina, which leads to higher pirate level, which is probably the most important thing at the beginning besides increasing box space and gaining a solid lineup of F2P cards.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Great, thanks for the info, gents. It's all a bit overwhelming and I don't know what to farm or what to do. And I feel like I need SO MUCH box space.

I will try to get one of each of the FN characters and just keep grinding out levels. I can finally use my Rayleigh but have no Ray friends. Every captain the game offers me is the same Luffy!

EMT0

Banned
Great, thanks for the info, gents. It's all a bit overwhelming and I don't know what to farm or what to do. And I feel like I need SO MUCH box space.

I will try to get one of each of the FN characters and just keep grinding out levels. I can finally use my Rayleigh but have no Ray friends. Every captain the game offers me is the same Luffy!

I think the pool you're getting is tied to your level. If you go up a few levels, try closing and reoppening the app. It usually got me new guests on my list of friend captains, and I managed to get a nice stable of Marco friends this way.

bjork

I don't have a link handy, but there was a spreadsheet with people's account IDs here so we could add each other.

Someone hook commish up? Lots of Ray users here afaik.

Kyou

I don't have a link handy, but there was a spreadsheet with people's account IDs here so we could add each other.

Someone hook commish up? Lots of Ray users here afaik.

quote to see

though there was talk of putting a new one together since there's a lot of people on there that don't play anymore

Kyou

Got both Fukuro and Spandam today, meaning I've finished off Enies Lobby

been pretty good story farming the last few days

Top Bottom