• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Review Thread [Second wave of reviews coming in]

kromeo

Are you the type to just rush to the ending? Other Final Fantasies could easily be rushed as well. There are speedruns for FF7 and FF9 for example.

I don't rush story and my playtimes for games are always high, I just finished REmake in 13 hours which I believe is well above average. I'll be doing some sidequests but I don't want to end up ruining it for myself like my first play through of Xenoblade

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Dragon Quest 7

Good example.

The PSOne version is around a 100 hours minus the side quests. 60 for the 3DS version. That game feels incredibly bloated. Still enjoyed though.

LordKano

Seriously GAF, don't give attention to Gamekult's score, they're just frustrated people who like not being like everyone.

Lmao
I though the gamekult hate was something reserved to some french forums but seems like it's international.

Kneefoil

I wasn't too interested in the game because RPGs are usually so long, but if you can beat it in about 20 hours, that would be just perfect IMO. Too many RPGs are afraid to be shorter than 40+ hours, and ain't nobody got time for that (and when I do, I often lose interest around the 30 hour mark).

Hasney

I've adored what I've played so far (on PS4 Pro in Lite mode) so these seem like what I'd expect. I knew the story was going to be a mess as soon as I saw that there was an in-game lore guide, but it's serviceable so far.

brau

I think you should add Conans impressions. FFXV - "An aggresive waste of time".

Game is reviewing pretty good. Are most of them touching on performance?

Zia

High scores from typically lenient, hyper-driven American outlets while no recommendation from Eurogamer.

Going to guess this is slightly better than FFXIII.

Wavebossa

Dragon Quest 7

Touche
ehh3.png

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's not that long games can't be good, it is that they typically aren't. It's not a "respect my time" thing as much as it is a thing that improves the chances of the game being good. Hopefully!

Renae

Or they had a different opinion after playing the game?

Read some of their reviews, this is not just for FFXV.
Gamekult tries to be an "elitist" website, but they're just becoming a caricature of themselves. Not sure about the all syntax, but I think you'll understand me.

For a moment there my hype was a bit deflated...
Thats nothing compared to GOTY DOOMs 7.1 ��

What, seriously?
*checks IGN's Doom review*
Wow, it's true.
No matter how bad the MP, 7.1 overall score is just laughable.
That makes me feel good about them only giving 8.2 to FFXV. :)

Read some of their reviews, this is not just for FFXV.
Gamekult tries to be an "elitist" website, but they're just becoming a caricature of themselves. Not sure about the all syntax, but I think you'll understand me.
Thanks, good to know.

The Lamp

Scores are worse than I expected for a game so hyped.

Left wondering if the game is worse than I expected or if reviewers are actually being more realistic in reviewing a game for launch for once (unlike the zomg perfect 10/10 scores MGSV got).

Excited nonetheless for my preorder coming in.
So fucking glad I didn't lose my mind and pay $250+ for that collectors edition.

Fdkn

Yeah I am serious.

Persona 3. Played 87 hours.
Persona 4. Played 90 hours
Dragon Quest VIII, which I just completed took 90 hours.

I haven't played NG+ or Post game content on either game.

Persona 5 is said to be about 80 hours without doing all the side content.

I'm about 30 hrs into FFXII right now.

For modern JRPGs, since I only play single player offline games I need them to last me a good while.

You don't get it, those games don't need even half that time if you only go to beat the story. You took that time because you did sidecontent. Sidecontent is not only post-game, ffs.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Haha, those scores are ludicrous. The backlash on this game from people not already planning to like it no matter what is going to be incredible.

Thabass

I spent 8 hours on the Judgement disc alone without doing anything else but fighting and exploring. This game will take me over 100 hours, I bet.

JBwB

A step in the right direction Square Enix. This will cure some people of the "FF disease" but not all.

Seal the deal with FFXVI!

Top Bottom