• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seik

Banned
Glad everyone seems happy with the January lineup! I hope to announce the February games soon. That includes the Japanese Vita game we're really stoked about (prepare yourself, though, as it will be $39.99). February will be brutally busy so maybe start saving if you're a completionist. March will calm down a tad and April onward should (hopefully) revert back to bi-weekly releases.

March has a really big Japanese PS4 title. Really excited to announce that one...

Yakuza?! :D

Whatever this is, I'm probably in! I'm overdue to buy another LRG game, last one was Skullgirls.

Glad everyone seems happy with the January lineup! I hope to announce the February games soon. That includes the Japanese Vita game we're really stoked about (prepare yourself, though, as it will be $39.99). February will be brutally busy so maybe start saving if you're a completionist. March will calm down a tad and April onward should (hopefully) revert back to bi-weekly releases.

March has a really big Japanese PS4 title. Really excited to announce that one...

RIP wallet.

Can't think of a digital-only Vita title that's been announced yet for February outside of Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers.

emb

Feb/March hype! Excited to (hopefully) hear about some exciting Japanese games making it to physical.

Speaking of March, are you guys planning to look into possibilities for Switch at all?

Hype levels rising.

Shizuka

I can't wait for the February title, I hope you get to announce them soon.

Yes, we're going to be looking into Switch publishing. Nintendo hasn't opened developer/publisher applications yet and are only privately inviting partners at the moment. I hope that changes next week after the full reveal. We'd love to kick off with Breach & Clear and Saturday Morning RPG on the Switch so we can learn the full process and then apply that knowledge for other dev's titles.

emb

Yes, we're going to be looking into Switch publishing. Nintendo hasn't opened developer/publisher applications yet and are only privately inviting partners at the moment. I hope that changes next week after the full reveal. We'd love to kick off with Breach & Clear and Saturday Morning RPG on the Switch so we can learn the full process and then apply that knowledge for other dev's titles.
<3

Semoreh

Aren't you afraid it may antagonize B&C and SMRPG owners ? (not part of them, by the way)
It's not technically a reprint, but you'll be walking on a thin ice ^^

Glad you're investigating the Switch !

This is awesome!

Very happy to hear this!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
What other PS4 japanese titles were released DD-only in the West other than I Am Setsuna?

Letsee....

Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity
Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment
God Eater: Resurrection
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven
Something unannounced

Shizuka

Letsee....

Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity
Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment
God Eater: Resurrection
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven
Something unannounced

God Eater Resurrection would have a Vita release as well. I don't think it's something unannounced, at least in Japan. I don't think it's Touhou, since LRG said nothing from XSEED is ever happening.

If LRG made a deal with Bandai Namco, Ray Gigant in February and Sword Art Online in March would make sense.

Nice!

I'll be a little more excited about this if/when we find out the Switch is region free or not next week. =p

dallow_bg

nods at old men
God Eater Resurrection would have a Vita release as well. I don't think it's something unannounced, at least in Japan. I don't think it's Touhou, since LRG said nothing from XSEED is ever happening.

If LRG made a deal with Bandai Namco, Ray Gigant in February and Sword Art Online in March would make sense.

Would explain the high price too.

Aren't you afraid it may antagonize B&C and SMRPG owners ? (not part of them, by the way)
It's not technically a reprint, but you'll be walking on a thin ice ^^

That'd be silly. Hadn't even thought of that.
It's definitely not a reprint if it's a brand new port on another system.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
That game has a physical release in the west (EU)

Oh right. I guess the PS3 one sold so bad and they only went to EU with a physical copy.

Not sure why, but I keep forgetting that God Eater is on Vita, too. Sometimes I have a hard time keeping tracking of DD Vita titles. A Namco deal would be amazing, though! Touhou I didn't think was "huge" but something that was recent and only as DD. In the end, it prob is I Am Setsuna.

You could also consider thing like Last Blade, Mark of the Wolves, or Metal Slug 3 in that, since they're of Japanese origin.

Would be super weird considering it's a F2P game.

I really hope its an SNK game, that'd be huge for me. I just hope its not Ray Gigant, I've played that game to completion and just hated the characters in the game, they were all unbearable. Battle graphics looked really nice though.

Shizuka

You could also consider thing like Last Blade, Mark of the Wolves, or Metal Slug 3 in that, since they're of Japanese origin.

Would be super weird considering it's a F2P game.

Those all have Vita ports. Also, Let It Die is getting a physical print in Japan, like mentioned before.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I was also thinking the new Dynasty Warriors game, since it's only DD for PS4, but that also has a Vita version.

EDIT: Oh, how about the new Miku game with the 200 songs or whatever?

Shizuka

I was also thinking the new Dynasty Warriors game, since it's only DD for PS4, but that also has a Vita version.

EDIT: Oh, how about the new Miku game with the 200 songs or whatever?

That's both Sega and DD-only in both territories. If it stood a chance of getting a retail print, I think Japan would've gotten it.

mollipen

To be clear, I don't think it should be the SNK games, but I was trying to think of digital-only stuff. (I think stuff like that works better digital-only.) However, yeah, I spaced on there also being Vita versions, so probably moot suggestion anyhow.

Totally didn't know about Let It Die getting a physical release in Japan. Still doesn't make sense to me, but to be fair I haven't dug into it yet, so maybe it actually work as a stand-alone game?

That price for the Vita game makes me way more excited. Could it be Ray Gigant?

Awesome. Can't wait. Birthday month.

mollipen

Actually, I'm now going to suggest that the digital-only Japanese game is going to be Battle Garegga, so that I can look completely foolish.

Insane hype. $40 for the Vita game is what I'd pay for most of them anyway, so that's fine.

I'm guessing it's an unannounced title and I'm hedging my bets on Kenka Bancho Otome. Won the poll on their Twitter last year; won't have a PS4 version and is from Spike Chunsoft who have worked with LRG before.

Gonna have to save up for February though, seems like it's gonna be manic.

Actually, I'm now going to suggest that the digital-only Japanese game is going to be Battle Garegga, so that I can look completely foolish.

That would be super mega awesome. Although I was stupid enough to buy it digitally. Never paid that much for a digital release before but the game is simply worth it...

Saphirax

Insane hype. $40 for the Vita game is what I'd pay for most of them anyway, so that's fine.

I'm guessing it's an unannounced title and I'm hedging my bets on Kenka Bancho Otome. Won the poll on their Twitter last year; won't have a PS4 version and is from Spike Chunsoft who have worked with LRG before.

Gonna have to save up for February though, seems like it's gonna be manic.

Kenka Bancho Otome wouldn't be big though :(. Kinda doubt the game would have a LRG run so soon too.

Only thing I can really think of off the top of my head that would be $40 (assuming the PSN price is $30 and LRG is adding $10 to it), would be Ray Gigant. It's really not a "giant" game by any means, but I honestly think the word "giant" they used refers to "gigant" in the title, not that the game itself is giant. We also were never told that RG was a game they couldn't do.

I would have said it was an earlier Atelier game, but unless Koei is giving LRG a deal on those, they're still being sold digitally for $40 each (even though the Arland bundle is $80). That and we keep hearing about how much they still want to do them and that they haven't made a deal yet, even though Koei has shown interest. I don't think they'd keep saying things like that if they already had a deal in place. I would honestly hope Koei gives them some kind of deal though, because $50 + shipping for each of the games seems like a bit much.

Yeah, even if they announced the game next week there's no way it'd release in Q1. Late Q2 would be the earliest I guess.

What? I can understand the "it doesn't fit the giant from the clue", but there's no problems with timing.

Mystery Chronicle announced in early August and then released in the middle of September with a LRG release the same day. No reason they can't do that again lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom