• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just had a call from my local EB Games.

Not sure if this is how it works for every store but he told me that your "guaranteed" a switch at launch if your preorder is fully paid off.

After that your pretty much working on a first come basis list.

They may sell your preorder after 48 hours or something but if you pay in full they will wait longer for you to pick it up?

So...

Should we start a thread for those wanting to trade coloured Joy-Cons? Call it the...

Canadian OCDers Joy-Con Trading Club

You know. For those of us who look at the coloured version of the Nintendo *Snap* and ask that very simple question... "Why the f*ck doesn't the colour of the controllers match?"

Might save some of us needlessly falling into 'Tendo's "Spend Spend Spend" trap.

Sealtest

They may sell your preorder after 48 hours or something but if you pay in full they will wait longer for you to pick it up?

That's what I don't understand, I talked to someone this morning about how I'm the first to preorder in store and that I'm guaranteed one at launch but was told later that guarantee only works if the item is fully paid off.

I don't think it has anything to do with the 48 hr hold. I'm going later tonight so I'll find out more.

Cru Jones

So...

Should we start a thread for those wanting to trade coloured Joy-Cons? Call it the...

Canadian OCDers Joy-Con Trading Club

You know. For those of us who look at the coloured version of the Nintendo *Snap* and ask that very simple question... "Why the f*ck doesn't the colour of the controllers match?"

Might save some of us needlessly falling into 'Tendo's "Spend Spend Spend" trap.

So you'll want two right controllers or two left controllers? I don't think that's how it works...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Canadian people actually want this thing lol?

$400 for a handful of games at launch
Paid online with 1 NES/SNES game for a monthly only
$100 controllers
Gimped handheld (cant even get 3 hours with Zelda)
Gimped console (cant even do 1080p docked with Zelda)
More shovelware like 1 2 Switch and Arms
Barebones lineup for 2017

Not only does Nintendo hate Canadians but it seems you hate yourselves if you buy this. I mean I actually like my Wii U but the Switch is on a whole nother level of fail.

Sapiens

Got the BB order in - will hold on to it until I can get the colour version from amazon (if it becomes avail before launch).

*BB pre-order is still up.

soultron

Banned
BB preorder says 31 March. Is it a 2nd/3rd/etc shipment?

Also, it's stillll up, which has me wondering if they're going to keep these open indefinitely and ship them as they get them.

Cru Jones

$100 controllers

Not only does Nintendo hate Canadians but it seems you hate yourselves if you buy this. I mean I actually like my Wii U but the Switch is on a whole nother level of fail.

Probably one of the dumbest statements I've read since the Switch reveal.

$100 controllers

how dare people want something you don want, fuck off

iiicon

Got the Neon Switch and Master Sword Zelda in person at EB. Two months to decide if I want to keep that irresponsible waste of money.

Moltenix

Don't worry, once the influx of early adopters have all gotten their systems, these things aren't gonna be flying off the shelves.

soultron

Banned

$100 controllers

I think the prices are totally ridiculous, yes. I want something I can play with my GF and my family though. Some of the stuff is simple enough or novel in a way that other consoles and controllers don't offer.

I'll be grabbing 1 2 Switch, Bomberman, and Snipperclips right off the bat to play with them.

Lizardus

Anyone able to get Master edition of BOTW yet? Not that I am interested in one.

Why is Canada so behind when it comes to stuff like this?

Max_Po

Banned
Probably one of the dumbest statements I've read since the Switch reveal.

your post is a lot shittier... at least he is trying to quantify.

its 400 plus tax which is 451 here.

Crawl in a hole fan boy to feel better.

I really want Mario however the whole Brooklyn park is not sitting well with me....

why not Mario Galaxy 3!!!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think I'm just going to wait for the first bundle. I'm hoping they do something for Splatoon or MK, because if it's 400 + one of those games, I guess I could justify it.

Sealtest

Did amazon really make both console preorders Prime exclusive?

I know they need those subs but damn.. using Nintendo items to get them is shady.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
your post is a lot shittier... at least he is trying to quantify.

its 400 plus tax which is 451 here.

Crawl in a hole fan boy to feel better.

Now now, thats OK. If people want to be excited for this thing then let them.

I at least tried to give reasons why I dont think its not worth it but I got hit with the "dumb statement" and "fuck off" replies. I shouldnt have said people hate themselves if they buy this and Ill apologize for that.

I wish you all the best, Ill go discuss my opinions in another thread.

Stat!

the grey model was up earlier, and was prime only too
Damn, missed the grey model.

Im so torn. I want to like the Switch and enjoy Nintendo Nin but there aren't any games and feels overpriced. No Mario Party, no Animal Crossing. only really Zelda that I really want and then later on Mario? Seems way too far.

I feel like I should just cancel my pre-order. Its a complete ripoff.

I'll wait, get it during the holidays or something when there are packed in games or I have a better idea in 2018 whats coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom