• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

TheFlow

Banned
I finished my MG Turn A yesterday. I'd love some critique.

qBeB

AXKp

WmZO

I would clean it up some before any top coat. but good stuff.

I am still haunted by the first kit I top coated without looking fully over.

^ nice background for Turn A =D

progress log: spent about 5 hours taking off all the lines redoing the arms.
finally finished =) form the head another day.

Gato, i'm coming for you after getting worked on by AE and i'll eat my carrots too!

hey GundamGAF,
only a little gunpla discussion going on these days. i know we're mostly discussing anime but after a whole year, i finally finished my RG GP-01Fb.
GATO!!!! i'm waiting for your RG GP-02A, i will be waiting =)

pictures from iphone, thanks for looking:

VulpX

hey GundamGAF,
only a little gunpla discussion going on these days. i know we're mostly discussing anime but after a whole year, i finally finished my RG GP-01Fb.

Nice, clean build!

What did you use for panel lining?

muteki

I have a 3mm draft pencil that I've used to panel line. I think you can get down to 2mm. Unless they have improved in recent years the official markers (even the thinner variety) always seemed too thick for my tastes.

Pencil is susceptible to smudging though, so be careful handling it.

Menthuss

hey GundamGAF,

Very nice panel lining! I should look into using a pencil as well. I can't seem to get the results I want with Gundam Markers :/

firelogic

This is my first kit (RG Astray Red Frame) and it took me 3hrs to build the right leg, hahaha. I've got some scuff marks :(

I've gotta say that I'm highly impressed at how they manufactured it. Building the frame and then layering on pieces on top of that is pretty cool. I didn't expect so many little details.

OM0NApJ.jpg

TheFlow

Banned
Lord have mercy I think I broke 3 mg kits since I started. Mostly the v fins.

My mg zero had a bent v fin that requires super glue asap. Also lost a feather :/

firelogic

I've got a question for all you gunpla experts here. When I'm putting on the stickers for the eyes, what's better?

1. The black borders with the green eyes already included.
OR
2. The black borders with empty space for the eyes + the separate green eyes.

I assume the separate green eyes go on first, and then the black border in the case of #2. Why are there two different sets? Does one way look better than the other?

David the GP-01 looks great, awesome job!

As for the eye stickers, I've never seen a kit with two separate stickers for the eyes. How old/which kit is that exactly? I would do the black outline then eyes personally just from how you described it. For the why? Every now and then they try different things with kits and see how people respond would be the most simple answer.

Also, keep finding excuses to not start my MG Gundam Origin lol. -solazy- Going to try to panel line with the ink drop method this time. Feel like the lines will be thicker than I like but willing to try it.

Diablos54

So I'm in the middle of watching Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, it's pretty awesome so far. Do miss Kamille getting punched or slapped though. Also nice to see Amaruo for a little while, can't wait to see what happens now the Titans control the Federation Forces!

CENTURY COLOR

MILLION COLOR
NA NA NA NANANANA TURN.
So I'm in the middle of watching Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, it's pretty awesome so far. Do miss Kamille getting punched or slapped though. Also nice to see Amaruo for a little while, can't wait to see what happens now the Titans control the Federation Forces!
Don't worry, Kamille is a man that never stops getting smacked in his teeth.

firelogic

As for the eye stickers, I've never seen a kit with two separate stickers for the eyes. How old/which kit is that exactly? I would do the black outline then eyes personally just from how you described it. For the why? Every now and then they try different things with kits and see how people respond would be the most simple answer.

Also, keep finding excuses to not start my MG Gundam Origin lol. -solazy- Going to try to panel line with the ink drop method this time. Feel like the lines will be thicker than I like but willing to try it.

It's an RG Astray Red Frame. The box says copyright 2015. Maybe I'm just misinterpreting the instructions? Here's a pic of the sticker sheet. The instructions say to use 63,64,7,8 or 3,4.

nEWfqGe.jpg

Ahhh in that case I would say its for pure modelers choice. Some people like to do stuff like LED lights for the eye cameras, paint that area instead of stickers and what not. I'd do the simplest, black and green full sticker lol. That's just me.

TheFlow

Banned
looks like it gives you an option just like the MG origin gundam.

go with your preference. and if it messes up you got backups.

I'm seriously considering trying that over Gundam Markers on my next kit. What size lead do you use, 0.5mm?
i'm using a 0.3mm
I have a 3mm draft pencil that I've used to panel line. I think you can get down to 2mm. Unless they have improved in recent years the official markers (even the thinner variety) always seemed too thick for my tastes.

Pencil is susceptible to smudging though, so be careful handling it.
yeah, 2mm seems like a recent option, it wasn't an option when i brought the 0.3mm i need to get one and try it.
Very nice panel lining! I should look into using a pencil as well. I can't seem to get the results I want with Gundam Markers :/
thanks! the ink of grey gundam marker just doesn't sit right with me, i tried gundam marker before removing it and using pencil on the same piece: i use gundam marker just on darker colors like blue red, yellow.
gundam marker grey
GYQBbuc.png

removed
o2r6Ou2.png

pencil
zMvE4kl.png

Lord have mercy I think I broke 3 mg kits since I started. Mostly the v fins.

My mg zero had a bent v fin that requires super glue asap. Also lost a feather :/
drat, hope you can recover zero, i love that suit and want to build it soon.

I've got a question for all you gunpla experts here. When I'm putting on the stickers for the eyes, what's better?

1. The black borders with the green eyes already included.
OR
2. The black borders with empty space for the eyes + the separate green eyes.

I assume the separate green eyes go on first, and then the black border in the case of #2. Why are there two different sets? Does one way look better than the other?
yeah i agree with Valkerionseven, use the green with black borders. unless you plan on painting. i asked the same question when i did my first RG kit.

thanks man!
share with us your results if you do the ink drop method =)

the ink of grey gundam marker just doesn't sit right with me, i tried gundam marker before removing it and using pencil on the same piece: i use gundam marker just on darker colors like blue red, yellow.

Too bad I already started my RG Build Strike, it'd look weird to switch midway through. Next kit, though, I'm gonna try it your way. Pencil for white parts, Gundam Marker for darker colors.

firelogic

Ahhh in that case I would say its for pure modelers choice. Some people like to do stuff like LED lights for the eye cameras, paint that area instead of stickers and what not. I'd do the simplest, black and green full sticker lol. That's just me.

looks like it gives you an option just like the MG origin gundam.

go with your preference. and if it messes up you got backups.

yeah i agree with Valkerionseven, use the green with black borders. unless you plan on painting. i asked the same question when i did my first RG kit.

Oh I see. That makes sense. Thanks everyone! I'll go with the simple option!

Gundam Wing or Gundam Seed are both awesome starting points and you experience the best series in all of Gundam immediately. Both are on Daisuki.
I started with the first MSG OVA...never finished the series since I only saw it cause my uncle let me borrow it, but my first series was Wing. I mean it works but a part of me also thinks the first Gundam experience should be written by Tomino.

TheFlow

Banned
Earlier today, Hulu revealed that five Mobile Suit Gundam titles will join their lineup on February 20. The platform will start streaming the following:

Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Remaster
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team
Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin

http://www.animeherald.com/2017/02/15/five-gundam-series-including-gundam-wing-hit-hulu-2202017/

--

I guess I can go to 08th MS Team once I finish Turn A.
Good news is gundam on something I already pay for.

Bad news: seed and 00 are meh. Why can't we get zeta

Top Bottom