• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
53334d133a60d109b5e962a2c6c3cceb.jpg

I believe it.

Burbeting

Banned
Day 1 Votes (I hope Spider can post a more beautiful version later :3).

WhereAreMahDragonz (2)
Nomadic Sparks 615
Zubz 931

No Lynch (1)
30yearsofhurt 796

ultron87 (3)
Squidyj 762
oreomunsta 854
Poltergust 993

Kyanrute (1)
Dusk Soldier 962

Nomadic Sparks (1)
Bowlie 778

Zubz (5)
SkyOdin 684
WhereAreMahDragonz 884
Kyanrute 875
ultron87 956
Haly 971

Poltergust (1)
rac 601

Dusk Soldier (1)
hey_monkey 687

rac (1):
Zubz 754

Haly (1):
Swamped 765

30yearsofhurt (1):
StanleyPalmtree 807

Bowlie (1)
Palmer_v1 812

StanleyPalmtree (1)
Cewyn 937

No vote: Hatmoza, Exodu5 (has previously voted), cabot (has previously voted), BlackBuzzard (has previously voted)

There might be some glitches with this, but Zubz should be the lynched one.

Please wait for nigh flavor.

TheExodu5

Banned
Sorry...tried to get in before day's end but on the road and driving and had no cell signal for a while. Looks like I just missed the end of the day.

I'll be active day 2. ^_^

Burbeting

Banned
All of the denizens of Anime land had gathered around the wise grizzly bear known as Burbeting (oh, I guess Retro too). Principal Sophia had been casted away, due to her non-kawaii acting.

"Alright! Who is the evil gajin scum?"

"It must be Zubz, Burbeting-Senpai!" said one of the younger anime characters. Zubz was carried to the main stage. "Shall you eat this gajin scum?"

"What? No! Instead we shall cancel Zubz' series!"

All anime characters in the crowd gasped for air. Cancelling a series is the worst thing that could happen for any anime! Especially for a one that didn't even have it's story finished yet (because all of the filler episodes are important too, you know.)

"Well then Zubz." Burbeting stomped to the ground three times, and shouted. "No more episodes for you!"

Zubz sobbed in agony, until they dropped down and died.

"I guess that's a side effect of cancelling their series. Oh well, it can't be helped."

Zubz form had changed... into a black haired cute anime girl called Kagome.

"Oh... not scum then?"

Zubz has been cancelled! (Aka. Killed)

Zubz said:
Welcome to the fight against evil Gajin-superhero comics!

Your name is Kagome Higurashi, from the anime Inuyasha. You used to be just and ordinary high school girl until strange twist of fate threw you into the feudal era Japan! Of course feudal era also has magical creatures in it!

Your role is Ordinary. That means you do not have any special powers, but you can vote!

Also, your gender is Female.

You are aligned with Anime (That's Town).

You win, when all threats to Anime have been eliminated!

Rest in Peace, Kagome

1229864-untitled_1.png

Night 1 has started. Please put your night actions at least 2 hours before deadline, if you want them to count.

cya_1493067600.png

Burbeting

Banned
Announcement:

Due to circumstances we cannot discuss until the game ends, Nomadic Sparks has to be modkilled.

Nomadic Sparks has been modkilled:

Nomadic Sparks said:

You name is Biscuit Krueger from anime Hunter x Hunter. You are a fifty-something years old woman, who just happens to look like a 12-year old girl because it's magic, I don't have to explain anything! You can actually change form
back to a 50-year old, though.

Your role is Odd-night Commuter. During Odd nights (so Night 1, 3 etc.) you turn into your 50-year old form, which fools everyone so well that nobody even realises they could target you.

Also, your gender is Female.

You are aligned with Anime (That's Town)

You win when all threats to Anime have been eliminated!

This does not interfere with the game. I'll answer to questions about this after the end of the game.

Rest in Peace, Biscuit

DAY 1 FINAL VOTE TALLY:

Zubz (5)
SkyOdin 684
Kyanrute 875
WhereAreMahDragonz 899
ultron87 956
Haly 971

ultron87 (3)
Dusk Soldier 745 913
squidyj 762
oreomunsta 854
cabot 951 997
BlackBuzzard 983 998
Poltergust 993

WhereAreMahDragonz (2)
BlackBuzzard 320 867
30yearsofhurt 529 546
Nomadic Sparks 615
Haly 647 866
Zubz 931

Haly (1)
cabot 146 305
Palmer_v1 398 709
Swamped 765

Dusk Soldier (1)
cabot 305 347
hey_monkey 687
ultron87 898 916

Nomadic Sparks (1)
Palmer_v1 352 398
cabot 353 565
ultron87 597 746
WhereAreMahDragonz 620 782
Bowlie 778

No Lynch (1)
Poltergust 119 783
Nomadic Sparks 351 615
30yearsofhurt 796

Kyanrute (1)
Dusk Soldier 308 571
squidyj 704 762
Poltergust 783 993
Dusk Soldier 962

Poltergust (1)
squidyj 289 704
rac 601

Bowlie (1)
Palmer_v1 812

StanleyPalmtree (1)
Haly 866 971
Cewyn 937

30yearsofhurt (1)
rac 335 601
StanleyPalmtree 807

hatmoza (0): cabot 347 353, hey_monkey 453 683

oreomunsta (0): Palmer_v1 709 812

rac (0): Swamped 204 678, 30yearsofhurt 220 251, Zubz 754 928

squidyj (0): cabot 116 146, SkyOdin 131 528, 30yearsofhurt 251 529, Cewyn 596 937

hey_monkey (0): TheExodu5 344 768, BlackBuzzard 867 983

TheExodu5 (0): cabot 565 951

cabot (0): Palmer_v1 274 352

Palmer_v1 (0): Dusk Soldier 571 745

No active vote for Day 1: BlackBuzzard (has previously voted), cabot (has previously voted), hatmoza, TheExodu5 (has previously voted)

Day 1 Postcount: 30yearsofhurt 23, BlackBuzzard 31, Bowlie 15, cabot 112, Cewyn 14, Dusk Soldier 34, Haly 38, hatmoza 5, hey_monkey 86, Kyanrute 42, Nomadic Sparks 25, oreomunsta 27, Palmer_v1 43, Poltergust 55, rac 23, SkyOdin 62, squidyj 45, StanleyPalmtree 13, Swamped 17, TheExodu5 8, ultron87 24, WhereAreMahDragonz 96, Zubz 26

Underlined players did not meet their Day Phase post quota. Your gamerunner is managing the issue with said players.

Burbeting

Banned
EPISODE 2: IS IT WRONG TO PICK UP CUTE OWLS IN A DUNGEON?

latest

Who are you...?

"I am Sir Roytheone! The most kawaii owl who ever lived!"

Everyone looked at each other, but all of their reactions were the same. Nobody had ever heard of this sir Roy.

"Uh... okay...?"

People then ignored the owl, because there was a dead body in the middle of them. It was SkyOdin.

"Who were they? A man or a woman? An anime character?"

"Well...", said person who was closest to the dead body, "it's certainly an anime character. But I'm not sure of the gender..."

"Huh?"

"HEY!" Sir Roy screamed, "STOP IGNORING ME!"

SkyOdin has died!

SkyOdin said:

Your name is Crona from the anime Soul Eater. You are a Sword Meister, but have also a bad case of going sometimes crazy. Maybe your blood is just weird? But you should have your sanity in control... for now. Nobody is also sure if you are a boy or a girl.

Your role is Androgynous. Since nobody knows if you are male or female, no gender-specific powers can target you (For example, if a power is said to target only males, it will not hit you). Powers that are not gender-specific will hit you, though.

Also, your gender is Non-Binary.

You are aligned with Anime (That's Town)

You win when all threats to Anime have been eliminated!

Rest in Peace, Crona

Day 2 Begins

Majority is 11 votes

cya_1493326800.png

cabot

Hello, some things to begin

FINE!

Vote: ultron87

I chose ultron because my earlier vote, Kyanrute, is going for Zubz.

This is convoluted, surely seeing Zubz flip would be beneficial to helping determine Kyan's alignment? Would you agree? It's counter-intuitive to not vote a target cause someone you scum read on Day 1 (with no real evidence) is voting them.

also:

Vote: Kyanrute

You need to confirm whether this was a joke or a mistake, please.

rac

Banned
going from no lynchhe to voting out someone you don't have a read on

how big do you wanna make that target poltergust?

ultron87

SkyOdin dying is interesting, since he started the Zubz vote. Normally, I'd think they'd leave people that just lynched a townsperson alive, since they inherently become more suspicious. So that makes me think it is less likely that there are scum among the other three people there, since they just narrowed that list from 5 to 4.

Obviously I'm on that list too, but that was self defense. Sorry Zubz.

Could also have been a neutral/vigilante kill, since it does seem like a weird target for scum.

Role is unique, so I don't think you're lying. Curious about the mechanics.

One thing I know after asking via PM is that my dead vote will count towards majority for early day end purposes, but it won't appear in in-thread vote counts. And I can change it via PM as much as I want during the day.

This is convoluted, surely seeing Zubz flip would be beneficial to helping determine Kyan's alignment? Would you agree? It's counter-intuitive to not vote a target cause someone you scum read on Day 1 (with no real evidence) is voting them.

I was hoping someone else would go along, although that was probably too optimistic considering the limited time. =/

I was right in thinking that Zubz was town, though. I never quite understood why people starting voting for him in particular. What are the chances that at least one person who voted for him is scum?

You need to confirm whether this was a joke or a mistake, please.

[forgetting the highlight] was a mistake; I was on my phone and in a hurry. I'd said I was going to switch my vote and I was trying to get it in before deadline and forgot the highlight.

So I'm suuuuuper curious about the death of SkyOdin and why ultron wasn't targeted since we (and therefore also, they) could be mostly sure he was town.

So with the modkill on NS, town is down three. Not looking good, folks. Reallllll suspicious of all the people who were going after Zubz.

cabot

[forgetting the highlight] was a mistake; I was on my phone and in a hurry. I'd said I was going to switch my vote and I was trying to get it in before deadline and forgot the highlight.

So I'm suuuuuper curious about the death of SkyOdin and why ultron wasn't targeted since we (and therefore also, they) could be mostly sure he was town.

So with the modkill on NS, town is down three. Not looking good, folks. Reallllll suspicious of all the people who were going after Zubz.

Why would that matter? If you're scum, you know almost everyone is Town. There may be a neutral or two, but chances of hitting them on a Night 1 lynch is pretty low.

SkyOdin dying is interesting, since he started the Zubz vote. Normally, I'd think they'd leave people that just lynched a townsperson alive, since they inherently become more suspicious. So that makes me think it is less likely that there are scum among the other three people there, since they just narrowed that list from 5 to 4.

Obviously I'm on that list too, but that was self defense. Sorry Zubz.

I'm guessing he was on to something with analysis. I was surprised he stayed on Zubz after others switched. I don't think it clears them. Dragonz and Kyan moved together and Kyan didn't give much reason. They talked about history so I figured at first the odds of them being aligned together were low but now I'm unsure.

Why would that matter? If you're scum, you know almost everyone is Town. There may be a neutral or two, but chances of hitting them on a Night 1 lynch is pretty low.

Sure, the odds are in your favor but it leaves town someone they can mostly trust and it would have been an obvious target that wouldn't take too much unpacking. SkyOdin on the other hand is a very curious kill.

cabot

I was hoping someone else would go along, although that was probably too optimistic considering the limited time. =/

I was right in thinking that Zubz was town, though. I never quite understood why people starting voting for him in particular. What are the chances that at least one person who voted for him is scum?

Five people on that wagon, 23 player game. Reasonable.

Sadly its not just about numbers, need to start piecing together theories using evidence.

For instance:

Your sudden switch from a No Lynch to a target because you townread Zubz appears scummy to me. I could see a scum seeing the opportunity to save someone he's pretty sure to be Town, and changing up his voting stance he's had most of the day phase for some Town brownie points.

Not a perfect theory (Zubz is still dead) but hey the point was I interpreted some actions and made a case for something.

cabot

Sure, the odds are in your favor but it leaves town someone they can mostly trust and it would have been an obvious target that wouldn't take too much unpacking. SkyOdin on the other hand is a very curious kill.

Does ultron's role show him to be a clear town?

Argument can be made for neutral.

Scum is unlikely.

Yeah, I really don't understand why someone who voted for Zubz was targeted. If this is some sort of misdirection going on by the Mafia I don't think it's gonna work. Those other people who voted for Zubz are still not in the clear.

I'm still suspicious of Kyanrute and I'll post why when I get home from work.

Swamped

Banned
Poor Sky, always dying early...

I don't get why Sky is such an odd kill? He was very active during D1 and was mostly town-read by everyone. I certainly would have targeted him.

Does ultron's role show him to be a clear town?

Argument can be made for neutral.

Scum is unlikely.

That's fair. I have never watched or read Bleach and I have never been in a game with neutral roles, so that's not something I'm fit to judge.

I'm gonna join y'all in getting this party started:

Vote: Poltergust

squidyj

Does anyone actually believe Ultron survived on the strength of his ability to convince town players relative to Zubz and not because his scum buddies tipped the scales for him?

squidyj

And yeah I 'm not sure anyone can buy Poltergust's "woe is me i'm a newbie" schtick anymore, not after that ludicrous display yesterday.

cabot

Does anyone actually believe Ultron survived on the strength of his ability to convince town players relative to Zubz and not because his scum buddies tipped the scales for him?

So you think his role is completely bullshit?

I mean there are probably more safer fake claims to make than a role we've never had before here.

squidyj

So you think his role is completely bullshit?

I mean there are probably more safer fake claims to make than a role we've never had before here.

it's a cosplay game, this might have been written for him and relate in some way to his real scum role. I see no reason to believe the claim considering the circumstances it was offered under.

cabot

That's fair. I have never watched or read Bleach and I have never been in a game with neutral roles, so that's not something I'm fit to judge.

I'm gonna join y'all in getting this party started:

Vote: Poltergust

Would discard this track of thought for two reasons

a) fluff is fluff
b) Pop Mafia (which I moderated), I gave the neutral fake name claims (along with scum o'course).

Top Bottom