• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fumito Ueda talks ICO, SotC, and The Last Guardian

Cyberia

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...-on-the-last-guardian-shadow-of-the-colossus/

5011917501_3da99ae250_z.jpg

5011917367_a0aee371a8_z.jpg

5012520496_272862da5d_z.jpg

mr_nothin

Banned
Galvanise_ said:
It looks like a ghost boy is gripping to Trico's face in this one. . .with the boy on the ground too. Weird.
I think that's the trailer in the background being cause in he middle of a cross-dissolve/fade.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Sid Shuman | September 24th, 2010 at 8:59 am

I’m in the same boat. And shame on me, I never finished SotC…I’ll definitely be all over that Collection.

burn the interviewer!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
SS: Is Trico the only creature of that size in The Last Guardian’s world?

FU: Again, I can’t give you any specific details. But there may be something like that out there…
Hmmm, this may tie-in with SoTC perhaps?

apana

Umm this isnt exactly the best way to present it, he should use a panasonic plasma. :lol Anyways I agree that it does look like that thing is really alive and staring back at its creator.

fu3lfr3nzy said:
How old is this picture?

fumito_ueda.jpg

Because this is the last image of Ueda that I remember until these new pictures came along

All he did was grow his hair out.

CaptYamato said:
He is the Japanese Keanu Reeves.

Most japanese age like that. They don't age at all until they hit like 60 or something then suddenly they start looking like the crypt keeper.

Pinko Marx said:
Most japanese age like that. They don't age at all until they hit like 60 or something then suddenly they start looking like the crypt keeper.
Oh I know. Outside of a few grey hairs, my 2nd grade teacher looks like she did 20 years ago. So does her husband.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Issun23 said:
Nope, just checked. That's from Art Futura 2005. Kenji Kaido was with him so it can't be from last year.
Ah, you're right. Someone posted that picture in the OP of that thing he did in.. where was it.. Sweden maybe? Last year. I assumed it was from there. :/

I was just watching the new trailer again, and at the :35 mark I swear the creature just took a crap. He starts off kinda crouched on his hind legs, then stands up and starts wiping his feet on the ground, just like a dog would. :lol

apana

_dementia said:
maybe that you don't need to feed it and pick up its shit

Meh, it would be sort of cool to find people for trico to eat. In the trailer it seems like the animal was taking a shit so maybe the boy guided him there.

AshMcCool

So is it completely unintentional that the creatures name is Trico, like you know, ICO 3. Because the wiki page of the game states something about a bird or prisoner or whatnot.

AshMcCool said:
So is it completely unintentional that the creatures name is Trico, like you know, ICO 3. Because the wiki page of the game states something about a bird or prisoner or whatnot.
Pretty sure it's an intentional pun.

apana

That's sort of a tough and random question. I dont know um, ex 700, would be my best guess. I think those are the edge lit ones. Also isnt it sort of hard to notice black levels unless its really dark? I hate to say it but my personal opinion is that either the tv or the camera is making this game look pretty bad.

Snipes424

So after watching the trailer again, I noticed there are colorful butterflies around the creature every time.

What could this mean!?

Top Bottom