• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

DAY 3 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Kyanrute (8)
Dusk Soldier 1765
Poltergust 1770
30yearsofhurt 1782
WhereAreMahDragonz 1850
squidyj 1862
Swamped 1863 1944
TheExodu5 1889 2046
cabot 2012
hatmoza 2024
Palmer_v1 2043

Dusk Soldier (1)
flatearthpandas 1968 2039
Kyanrute 2031

hatmoza (1)
Kawl_USC 1812

ultron87 (0): Dusk Soldier 1760 1765

WhereAreMahDragonz (0): Kyanrute 2017 2031

Cewyn (0): cabot 1817 2012

Poltergust (0): Swamped 1745 1857, squidyj 1746 1862, BlackBuzzard 1747 1838, WhereAreMahDragonz 1748 1842, rac 1759 1821, Kyanrute 1784 1902

Palmer_v1 (0): TheExodu5 1756 1772, flatearthpandas 1768 1961, TheExodu5 1772 1889

No active vote for Day 3: BlackBuzzard (has previously voted), Cewyn, flatearthpandas (has previously voted), oreomunsta, rac (has previously voted), Swamped (has previously voted), TheExodu5 (has previously voted), ultron87

Day 3 Postcount: 30yearsofhurt 4, BlackBuzzard 14, cabot 23, Cewyn 1, Dusk Soldier 25, flatearthpandas 9, hatmoza 11, Kawl_USC 4, Kyanrute 91, oreomunsta 4, Palmer_v1 14, Poltergust 18, rac 5, squidyj 18, Swamped 13, TheExodu5 13, ultron87 3, WhereAreMahDragonz 40

Day 3 ends:
bla_1493758800.png

Automated vote tally here

10 votes for majority

Kawl_USC

*yawn* gafias eternal hesitation to just do the damn thing continues to be annoying.

Suggesting targets for the role cop to choose from is poor play, but I read it as town aligned. Let them choose their actions and don't introduce an undue amount of wifom for scum to mess with.

Kyan is just making this whole page a chore to read and his whole filling for others thoughts schtick can miss me.

Sorry for not posting a great deal, I'm always a light poster on weekend day phases and this one was particularly busy. I'll be posting more thoughts and shit today as I try to do as little work as possible and read back over some earlier days.

Kyanrute

Yeah, tailor would mean that you were successfully targeted by female Dusk and a female target and then also the target of an additional male whose action failed and the NK failed for a different reason because why would scum frame and nk you?

Nah. No frame. Either Dusk is lying or you are just caught scum imo. Dusks would be weird play for scum because it basically guarantees his lynch tomorrow. Either he is a cop as he says or he is a lyncher.

Unvote

I tend to believe Dusk now. Was really hung over earlier but Dusk has been calm whereas kyan is all over the place doing a woe is me narrative about his shitposting. I forgot about that near meltdown at the end of d2 as well. Not responding well under pressure.

I was on the fence but I don't at all buy this tailor crap.

Vote: Kyanrute

fair point fep, did not think that thing through at all. just tossed it there when it came to my mind, not like there was anyone saying anything anyway.

and lol palmer what a weak vote. come on, try harder pls, no matter what your alignment.

Kyanrute

you know

my desire to get to the spec thread is now higher than my desire to continue to be annoyed by the dumdums here

VOTE: Kyanrute

been a while since this happened too!

Wake up to catch up on the thread, only to see kyan spiral down and getting turbo'd lol

Are low post counts taken into review in the case of a turbo? I tried to right that ship, senpai ( T~T)

Burbeting

Banned
It'll take a moment to post the day end post due to having to type it on mobile, so essentials:

Due to shorter day, players with less than 5 posts will be prodded.

Night phase will be shorter due to shorter day phase:

Night 3 will end in:

ora_1493758800.png

Burbeting

Banned
EPISODE 3: NICE BOAT CRASHES INTO ANOTHER WORLD WHERE I STARTED DATING THE BIKINI ELF PRINCESS

“So… who is up for lynch today?”

That was a meaningless question, as the anime land had already ganged up on the poor Kyanrute.

“No! You can't cancel me! My movie series is still unfinished!”

But there were no one to listen to poor Kyan. As Kyan was being cancelled, their last words could be heard in the middle of screams of pain:

“Get…. In the fucking… robot…. Shinji…”

Kyanrute has been killed

Kyanrute said:
Welcome to the fight against evil Gajin superhero-comics!

Your name is Asuka Langley Souryu from the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion. You are one of the child-pilots of strange mechas known as Evas. You are actually very good at piloting, especially compared to some useless kid called Shinji!
You also might have some psychological issues but--- err, don't look at me with that face! Sorry!

Your role is 2-shot Male Aesthethic. If a male with a power role tries to target you, they will fail, but one shot will be taken off. If multiple males try to target you during same night phase, it will be still counted as one shot lost. Once both shots have
been used, you can be targeted by men again.

Also, your gender is Female.

You are aligned with Anime (That's Town)

You win when all threats to Anime have been eliminated!

Rest in Peace, Asuka

uqWqCZ6.gif

Night 3 will end in:

ora_1493758800.png

Please note the shorter night phase.

DAY 3 FINAL VOTE TALLY:

Kyanrute (10)
Dusk Soldier 1765
Poltergust 1770
30yearsofhurt 1782
WhereAreMahDragonz 1850
squidyj 1862
Swamped 1863 1944
TheExodu5 1889 2046
cabot 2012
hatmoza 2024
Palmer_v1 2043
Kyanrute 2056
Kawl_USC 2057

ultron87 (0): Dusk Soldier 1760 1765

Dusk Soldier (0): flatearthpandas 1968 2039, Kyanrute 2031 2056

Palmer_v1 (0): TheExodu5 1756 1772, flatearthpandas 1768 1961, TheExodu5 1772 1889

WhereAreMahDragonz (0): Kyanrute 2017 2031

Cewyn (0): cabot 1817 2012

Poltergust (0): Swamped 1745 1857, squidyj 1746 1862, BlackBuzzard 1747 1838, WhereAreMahDragonz 1748 1842, rac 1759 1821, Kyanrute 1784 1902

hatmoza (0): Kawl_USC 1812 2057

No active vote for Day 3: BlackBuzzard (has previously voted), Cewyn, flatearthpandas (has previously voted), oreomunsta, rac (has previously voted), Swamped (has previously voted), TheExodu5 (has previously voted), ultron87

Day 3 Postcount: 30yearsofhurt 4, BlackBuzzard 14, cabot 23, Cewyn 1, Dusk Soldier 25, flatearthpandas 9, hatmoza 11, Kawl_USC 6, Kyanrute 96, oreomunsta 4, Palmer_v1 14, Poltergust 18, rac 5, squidyj 18, Swamped 13, TheExodu5 13, ultron87 3, WhereAreMahDragonz 40

Majority was reached at 10 votes

Your bear will deal with underlined players.

Burbeting

Banned
EPISODE 4: WHEN THE SPIDERS CRY

latest

"W...where am I?"

A young anime man known as Ourobolus was not sure about his whereabouts. He had been killed not long ago as Yosuke Hanamura, yet here he now was, reincarnated as someone else! And now he was somewhere in the deepest corners of anime land, all alone... or maybe not so alone.

"Wait... YesNonoNoYes?"

sijhNQw8yNXS8-x5SKJnOjnjkQJ_CWF96qneFuN-RShVM7S9bh6ufu92awL9Ozf1figueEy_bhXSsm60ayN2m4ttgdkm0_4mlDbkHp1cQPoHcB8Exm5wDWLdLR6AgyA2Xg

"Why welcome, Ourobolus!", YesNonoNoYes cackled, "Welcome to my dominion, where we watch the still alive anime mafia players trying to desperately playing the game! Now tell me, who do you think died during last night?"

"I uh... what does it matter?", Ourobolus responded.

"Just answer the question!"

So Ourobolus tried to think with all of his braincells, but couldn't come up with a name he would be sure of. After all, there were a lot of possibilities, all of them valid choices.

"I don't know...!"

The Witch, YesNonoNoYes, continued to laugh maniacally. "Well you see, the one who died last night was Palmer_v1!"

Just then, a magical television appeared on Witch's domain. It showed live feed from the town center of anime land, where living people were all crying over the dead body of Palmer_v1, the town Doctor. Ourobolus couldn't do anything, but to watch in agony.

0e2045840c40c6d7a8fecc2fb3b0eb47.jpg

palmer_v1 has been killed!

palmer_v1 said:
Welcome to the fight against evil Gajin-superhero comics!

Your name is Kenzoku Tenma from the anime Monster. You are a very skilled doctor, but your reputation was ruined after one of your patients turned out to be a psychotic serial killer. But... accidents happen to everyone, right?

Your role is Doctor. You can use the command HEAL: Player to protect them from a kill during the night phase. Please note, that you cannot target yourself, or the same person two nights in a row.

Also, your gender is Male.

You are aligned with Anime (That's Town)

You win when all threats to Anime have been eliminated!

Rest in Peace, Tenma

Day 4 Begins

cya_1494018000.png

Majority is 9

Burbeting

Banned
Players left:

01. [m] oreomunsta - New - MDT
03. [it] hatmoza - New - Gulf Timezone
05. [m] rac - New - EST
06. [m] 30yearsofhurt - New - GMT+10
07. [m] Poltergust - New - EST
08. [m] Bowlie - GMT-3 --> [m] flatearthpandas
11. [m] ultron87 - EST
12. [m] cabot - GMT+1
14. [m] Dusk Soldier - EST
15. [m] Cewyn - EST
16. [m] BlackBuzzard - CET
18. [m] squidyj - MST
19. [m] TheExodu5 - EST
20. [f] WhereAreMahDragonz - MST
21. [f] Swamped - EST
22. [m] StanleyPalmtree - GMT+12 ---> [m] Kawl_USC

Actually, I think I would like to try different avenues today. We all know Dusk is suspicious as hell and I want an explanation as to A) exactly how he got a red check on Kyan and B) who he checked last night

Palmer, also please explain your end of the day vote.

cabot

Actually, I think I would like to try different avenues today. We all know Dusk is suspicious as hell and I want an explanation as to A) exactly how he got a red check on Kyan and B) who he checked last night

Palmer, also please explain your end of the day vote.

I'm sure Palmer will get right on that.

Kawl_USC

Kawl do you have any additional reasons for voting Kyan other than "he annoys me"

You just kinda popped in at the end there without participating at all so
There was a claimed red check on him. There is never any other lynch target we move on. Pretending otherwise is pointless. At least this way we don't have an additional day of worthless conjecture moving forward off the assumption that dusk was being truthful and kyan was scum.

I'll give dusk a chance to explain himself, as I'm trying to figure out some situation where scum!Dusk making that claim makes sense.

TheExodu5

Banned
Well I guess there goes my Palmer theory. :/

First off...a turbo did nothing to help. The problem was that it was accelerated by both Palmer and kyan who are no longer here. Town is just self-destructing on purpose, and it's frustrating. Kawl put in the final nail...why?

A few questions:

So Dusk is likely scum but will claim that he was telling the truth. The only scenario where this works is if there was a female scum switcher that targetted kyan. I thought it very unlikely but I'm not so sure anymore. Kyan was a claimed PR and strong scum suspecy and scum may have foreseen an investigation on kyan. I think we need to strongly consider this.

So why do we think the scum kill failed on N2? Was it kyan or Palmer that blocked it? Palmer may have left some breadcrumbs as to who he protected. D2 I recall he had a list of people that should be protected.

First off...a turbo did nothing to help. The problem was that it was accelerated by both Palmer and kyan who are no longer here. Town is just self-destructing on purpose, and it's frustrating. Kawl put in the final nail...why?

A few questions:

So Dusk is likely scum but will claim that he was telling the truth. The only scenario where this works is if there was a female scum switcher that targetted kyan. I thought it very unlikely but I'm not so sure anymore. Kyan was a claimed PR and strong scum suspecy and scum may have foreseen an investigation on kyan. I think we need to strongly consider this.

So why do we think the scum kill failed on N2? Was it kyan or Palmer that blocked it? Palmer may have left some breadcrumbs as to who he protected. D2 I recall he had a list of people that should be protected.

You ask a lot of questions but never really participate with the rest of us

Kawl_USC

A few questions:

Turbos aren't inherently anti town. In game states where kyan is scum getting rid of him and decluttering the thread is far more helpful than letting him run rampant smokescreen. In game states where kyan is town getting that info immediately is better than another day of thoughts and narratives built off of scum kyan. Those connections and narratives stick in people's minds as an unconscious bias as the game moves on even though they are objectively wrong.

cabot

Just be forewarned that Squidyj will probably still attempt an actual claim. Don't counter claim him if he happens to claim your role though. Aside from that, I'm personally staying the course regardless and hope others do the same.

I might not even make it back today, as the day ends right at quitting time for me.

Some suggestions for the night phase:

Cop, check out the replacement players, maybe? Unless Squidyj is town somehow, in which case probably me or swamped.

Trackers/watchers/followers/voyeurs - Always hard to say.

Doctor/guards - Either a semi-confirmed townie or a claimed PR. If squidyj flips scum, I'd consider me, swamped, kyanrute, ultron. If he's town, who knows.

Vigilante - One of the people we can't get a read on because of their erratic behavior, i.e. blarg, cewyn, etc.

Roleblocker - Ultron or Kyan, if you think they're not town.

Good luck

Can't seem to find a post like this covering D1,

squidyj

So the question i am asking myself is does it make sense for a scum Dusk to pretend he has essentially a red check on Kyan at that point in the game? Literally the only reason it would make sense to me is that polter is scum with dusk and blarg and has a role so incredibly powerful they're willing to half throw the entire game to ensure he survives.
I'm not sure I believe in that universe because it seems like a terribly balanced game that way so I'm inclined to believe in Dusk as town with a possibility of being neutral.
That said I think there are enough independent reasons to continue going after Poltergust as scum today. If he turns out to be some sort of disgustingly broken win condition for the scum team I would THEN revisit the issue of Dusk's scumminess.

Top Bottom